[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

^^^^It's not worth getting mad over, it's really not.

I almost wish the Phils just won it cuz I don't feel like watching this damn team anymore.

There's nothing to do but laugh. This club is a mediocre bunch, I keep saying it and it keeps showing game by game.

Barely even want to watch extra innings after waiting for the rain delay to end.

Wags should never say another word again.

Hanging pitch vs a free swinger, such a joke.

SMH i called it when Werth came up.. i now have a broken window in my house...
mad.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen, the lone all star rep. for the Mets, Billy Wagner!!
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Nothing short of pathetic.

Wright can't score a runner on third with one out. Just make CONTACT and you'll have your RBI and give the Mets an extra run. Doesn't matter thatBeltran drove him in; it was YOUR RBI, David.

And to Reyes: your bratty dugout celebrations are appropriate ONLY when the game is over and your teammates are high-fiving each other after a win. If Reyes #2gets on base right now, you'd better drive in Schneider.

At least the bullpen is consistent. Consistent in disappointment. Couldn't hold a 3-run lead in St. Louis, can't close out a 2-run lead with two outs.This team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs, but amazingly are still in the race because the NL East is so damn weak.

I don't want to hear Gary or Ron ever talk about the Mets bench being good, because its not. Outside of Easley(I'm not going to count Castro becausehe's a back up catcher and doesn't pinch hit usually) who is a capable hitter? Tatis, no, Marlon,
indifferent.gif
These 2 morons they brought up, no. I would liketo see a nice little bat added to this bench, whether it be through trade or bringing up a real minor leaguer.

I give up watching this game. I just cant take the pain that i've felt by watching this team so far this season. this could have easily been a sweep by themets, but dammmit mann!!!!

I don't know about you guys but the Mets have played consistently better overall the past few weeks, its the spotty starting pitching that has preventedthem from going on any sort of a streak, but to be one strike away (yet again for Wags) only to allow them to tie after they've been dominated all game byOllie...Wags needs to stay silent.

That's been the story of the season, the Mets like to make things harder on themselves when they should be taking advantage. Kendrick was behind the countall game and with RISP every inning of this game they had 1 run until the added 2nd run in the 9th. Mets have outplayed Philly all series long yet they can bedown 2-1 if they can't find a way to win tonight....a game they should have ended already.

I disagree. They haven't played better (imo).

They've been playing the same way they have all season long... just going through the motions.

No managerial change was gonna change that.

Hell, they could fire Manuel and bring back Willie and the team would STILL be scuffling.

It's the players (not Omar, not Willie, not Manuel). And they (the players) just need to STOP +#$!*%! AROUND.

We need (among other things)

- A new 1st baseman
- A new 2nd baseman
- A consistent left fielder
- An overhaul of the relief corps
- A new closer (Wagner is great as a player but his attitude and remarks as a leader are his tombstone)

In my ideal world, next year we would have Texeria at first, Matt Holiday at LF, Brian Roberts at 2nd and K Rod as our closer.

I can agree that the team is playing better, but it's too hot and cold. I'd rather the mets consistently put up 5-6 runs instead of going for 11 onegame and barely scratch across 1 the next. Did anyone else expect the Mets to put up any more than 3 or 4 runs the rest of the series after the 15-run burst inthe Bronx?

The bottom line is, they need to win. That's it. Playing better but still losing is not good enough. Jerry Manuel has a different managerial style, but thesame players are still out on the field. The Mets were desperate for a change and blindly hoped it'd bring about good fortune. I do like how the Metsoffense showed more offensive explosion, but nothing's changed.

Mez is right about Billy Wagner. He should never say a word again. Blown saves happen, but what happened now is unintelligent pitching. Werth has power andwill swing at anything in the zone, so to throw him a BP pitch in that situation is flat out dumb.

Is Armas going to close this game out?

Edit, Can't complain with Smith batting. Finsih the job Joe

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

SMH i called it when Werth came up.. i now have a broken window in my house...
mad.gif

Ladies and Gentlemen, the lone all star rep. for the Mets, Billy Wagner!!
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
Wright can still be an all star

Wags was bailed out again.

...and yes the Mets have played consistently better, you need consistent SP to go on streaks and the Mets haven't gotten that....but the past week withPelf, Santana, Ollie, and even Maine a few days ago, they pitched very well so you have to be encouraged by that.

Few weeks ago this game would have been a wrap, they have been coming from behind since the Angels series.

But they still need to improve on their 2 out hitting though, too many LOB all game. Sac fly's would have won the first game.

Back
Top Bottom