[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Funny how a little energy and hard nosed hustle\agressiveness can help your team. No boos come when you play hard, even if you're on the losing side.

Good job by Vargas, nice to see all 8 runs come with 2 outs. Wright hit some bombs today.
eek.gif

Mets face two more right handed pitchers and 1 lefty, lets keep this going.

Only time I questioned Willie tonight was when he left Vargas in there to pitch to Kent when Vargas was clearly running out of gas. I was like what the....

But all's well that ends well.

The one-pic summary for tonight:

capt.d042043c6d164c5d82cdedec6ddaa212.dodgers_mets_baseball_nys113.jpg

Tomorrow is another day.

I never thought I'd be excited about getting back to .500, but I'll take it. They just look like it means more now. I guess all of the talk and thebooing was kind of necessary to motivate the team and Willie. Let's just keep winning series and go from there.

Clayton Kershaw, lhp Born: March 19, 1988 • B-T: L-L • Ht: 6-3 • Wt: 210
Drafted: HS-Dallas, 2006 (1st round) • Signed by: Calvin Jones
Background: Kershaw established himself as the best high school prospect in the 2006 draft when he improved his stuff and dominated Texas high school competition last spring. When Andrew Miller fell to the Tigers at No. 6, Kershaw got to the Dodgers at No. 7. He signed for $2.3 million and ranked as the No. 1 prospect in the Rookie-level Gulf Coast League in his debut.

Strengths: Kershaw's stuff and body have plenty of projection, and his fastball is already well above-average. He paints both corners with 93-94 mph heat, topping out at 96. His curveball is a plus pitch with 71-77 mph velocity and 1-to-5 tilt. has feel for a circle changeup that could become a third above-average pitch. He fills the strike zone with all three of his pitches. He has a durable frame and repeats his delivery. Laid-back and affable off the field, he's hard-nosed and tough-minded on it.

Weaknesses: Much more advanced than most young pitchers, Kershaw just needs to get more consistent with his pitches. His curve improved exponentially between his junior and senior seasons in high school, but it still gets loopy and hangs in the zone at times.
The Future: Because of his impeccable fastball command, Kershaw should have no problem with older hitters, and he could begin 2007 at the club's new high Class A Inland Empire affiliate. He has top-of-the-rotation stuff, command and makeup.

2006 Club (Class) W L ERA G GS CG SV IP H HR BB SO AVG
GCL Dodgers (R) 2 0 1.95 10 8 0 1 37 28 0 5 54 .201

I hope Gado doesn't start today, the curve is going to give him a HUGE problem.

But this Mets team does rake vs. lefties, especially Wright.

That is so sick this kid is 1 year older than me and he's pitching tonight and prob will do a good job since the Mets struggle against pitchers they neverfaced before.

Maine has ALWAYS been money @ Shea, he's just missing his spots (plus the ump has a tight strike zone, he better be consistent with it).

He can't allow more than 3 runs here though, because you know he will settle in eventually.

EDIT:

Dear Castillo,

Please do not swing from the left side again

Sincerely,

ALL Mets fans.

*$!@$#$ ump just gave the Dodgers a chance tying this game at 5...wasn't even a bang bang play at 1st.

This is ridiculous, game should be under wraps.

1 out with nobody out makes a world of a difference, esp with a Dodgers team struggling to score anything.

Give any team an extra out you're going to pay, but this time the Mets were just cheated from the *#%@*%! ump.

Why does Willie go to Heilman, Duaner Sanchez is the 8th inning guy, he's automatic with Wags 9th its game over.

Thank you ump for completely ruining the game (......and they say instant replays should be used ONLY for homeruns).

I will not watch any more Met baseball when Heilman comes in the game. At this point it's just hopeless. Willie is a straight Idiot.

Just saw that Heilman is only 0-2. It seems likes hes lost 56 games for us this year and weve only played 51 games.

indifferent.gif
I could slightly understand why Willie used Heilman since he's been pretty good the past 2 games but Aaron needs to be demoted.

Every...single....person is playing well for the team, except for Heilman who is a cancer to the team.

Demote him and keep Vargas and Muniz in the pen. If Pelfrey pitches a stinker tomm then demote him and keep Vargas in the rotation as the 5th.

This game was so important because Pelfrey pitches tomm....but focus on the next two and keep the same intensity/hustle.

The game I'm waiting for is Tuesday when Pedro comes back. Lets hope he can pitch effectively and help turn the season around.

Pedro's got that aura, if he can stay there for the rest of the season and maintain an era of 4 or better I'll be happy, because he'll get histeammates loose and relieve a lot of pressure.

If Pelfrey actually pitches good and get the win today, do you think the Mets should keep Pelfrey, or keep Vargas? so far hes doing okay.

Back
Top Bottom