[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

laugh.gif
Now that HR was BELTED.

Right before Beltran hit that homerun, I was gonna say that I suddenly feel as if the Mets are gonna win the World Series.

[Borat]Very nicceeeee[/Borat]

But dammit...Cy Kuo is in, Mets wont score anymore tonight.

Addicted, I'll rewind the Tivo and check for ya.
laugh.gif

EDIT: Johan grounded out to the 2nd baseman (4-3).

Great win, the Pedro factor is for real. I can't wait to see him pitch on Tuesday, a big day overall for New York.

5 out of 6 wins (should have been a 4 game sweep if Heilman wasn't used), but keep it up.

Lincecum pitched today, so 2 out of 3 is not out of the question. It HAS been a weird season thus far, we're playing better at home for a change, but below.500 on the road. Keep this same intensity up every game and they can continue winning series.

Its just a completely different feel, even the crowd is extremely positive out there into every single pitch.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Its just a completely different feel, even the crowd is extremely positive out there into every single pitch.

That's exactly what I've been thinking and not just the crowd, but you see it with the team. I don't know if it's that dudes had to getsomething off their chest, but they've looked a lot more comfortable and like they're enjoying it. Yeah, winning cures all, but you can see it in thebody language even if we get down. There was just a feel through those first 40 games or whatever that it was like, okay it'll come to us and if itdoesn't, oh well. I guess they needed a wakeup call.
It's damn good to have Church back, Pedro in the clubhouse and ready to pitch. Jose's ontop of his game, for the most part, Beltran's doing his thing. Even Delgado's been putting in a lot more effort, especially in the field it seems. Just need to keep it going.

hopefully we can stay very consistent until the asb... then we have to come out with a world series mind set once we come back from the asb

I'm holding reservations on celebrating for the moment. Even though we've been on a run as of late, the team is still very disappointing in my eyes.Let's see how they do on this next road trip before jumping to any conclusions.

Great Win. After watching these last 6 games, it gave me flashbacks of 2006. Pedro vs. Zito on Tuesday should be interesting. I'm hoping Pedro gets the winsince Zito has been struggling this year, with his 1-8 record.

I just want 5 innings out of Pedro and less than 4 runs given up. I feel so excited and pumped up right now, the team has turned the corner and back on track.All they need is Xavier Nady to play first and thigns iwll be set.

mets are back baby!!!

I still need to see more, maybe 2-3 weeks more of this consistent play at a high level...the Mets have been a team to take 2 steps forward and 2 steps back.

We shall see, one game at a time.

One game at a time it is. I don't see the team's performance this past week as a sure sign of complete turnover, but it's DEFINITELY a step in theright direction. The energy at Shea is growing, the team is playing like they KNOW they can win every game, the offense is gaining momentum, and outside ofHeilman, our bullpen is getting better.

June will be very important for us: I think .600 ball for this month is a very attainable goal. Anything below that would be a disappointment (for me).

Mets have 4 picks in the Top 100 for this year's draft. I hope they go after a 1B with their pick even though they already have one in the minors, get thebest available pitcher with their 2nd....and then just get the best player out of whoever is available (any position).

Back
Top Bottom