[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Props to Willie (I will give props when due), he subbed in the right guys and managed the pen very well tonight.

Jesus that was much needed....Brad Penny tomm!

Tatis !!! ....
pimp.gif
.... exactly what this team needed

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Props to Willie (I will give props when due), he subbed in the right guys and managed the pen very well tonight.
I have to agree (and not cuz I'm a Willie supporter). If they had lost, I was expecting a lot of you to complain about Willie leavingSanchez in there to give up that homer.
laugh.gif

Regardless, the outcome is just what the team needed. Positive crowd, contributions from the bench, solid defense, great game.

capt.6f09a687293b4d71ac9287254d534c6a.marlins_mets_baseball_nys114.jpg

The sad part is, management is probably the reason Willie let some bench players start these last 2 games. If Willie never had that meeting, I'm sure thelineup would've remained the same.

Damn Pistons tonight, ugh.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

The sad part is, management is probably the reason Willie let some bench players start these last 2 games. If Willie never had that meeting, I'm sure the lineup would've remained the same.

Damn Pistons tonight, ugh.

True. But if that's the case, then the veteran players probably have that much more respect for him knowing he was trying to stick with them throughthe tough times.

Even though I honestly can't see management asking Willie to play Fernando Tatis or Damion Easley more. Cuz that would be a knock on THEM (management) fornot getting a decent clean-up hitter as insurance for El Gato.

Well, the way the Mets won tonight is what this club needed bad. Go up, go down, tie it up in the 9th, go down in extras and still fight and claw their wayback and eventually win. The kind of fight that had me raving in 2006.

Now let's do some damage to the Dodgers this weekend.

They def need to platoon at 1st base, LF, and catcher depending on the pitching match ups.

omg just came back from the game a couple of hours ago. What a game!!! It felt like i was on a roller coaster ride because of the way the score was. i agreethat this win was exactly what we needed. the fans were positive throughout the game, even though Heilman got the most Boos. but great win!!

Originally Posted by chino905

omg just came back from the game a couple of hours ago. What a game!!! It felt like i was on a roller coaster ride because of the way the score was. i agree that this win was exactly what we needed. the fans were positive throughout the game, even though Heilman got the most Boos. but great win!!

eyes.gif
If I had a chance snuff dude while has that face on that he makeswhen he pitches, i'd be a happy dude
laugh.gif

Anybody go to the game last night? The atmosphere was great. I was sitting a couple of rows ahead of the guy who screams everytime the Mets get a K"Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... STRIKE HIM OUT!"

I stayed for the entirety of the game, people were still cheering going down the ramps. Good win... even though I'm a Yankees fan.

Aw man... Fat Cat returns.

Still gonna remain positive and hope he can bust out tonight.

I'm disappointed in myself for falling asleep last night in the 9th inning, Great play by Schneider blocking the plate in the 1st inning.

I was ready to check myself into an mental hospital on that catcher's interference call. Checking my DVR, it felt like a dream. This is so sweet, pleasetell me its real life.
laugh.gif

Martin must feel terrible.

I <3 Penny!

This 1st game is very important to the series, considering we face 3 righties and only one lefty (fare better vs lefties obviously).

Cy Kuo in....Mets are not scoring anymore runs.

Up to Vargas and the 8th\9th inning guys now.

Back
Top Bottom