[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Mez I have officially joined you and the rest of the Mets fans calling for Willie's head. The team isn't responding to him and he just isn't theright guy for this job anymore. Idk if I would fire him during the season because who is going to take over the job, Manuel has experience and he seems to havethe fire and passion Willie lacks so he could be a good candidate to finish the year. Its unbelievable how they score 20 runs in 2 games and then manage toscore 3 runs off a nobody and a shot Tom Glavine. smh

^ I'm throughly convinced that this team is just built to be a fastball hitting team. You throw out some soft-tossers, guys who can mix in a nice curveball, and they all look foolish. Now with Church out this offense will be even more schizo.

Its crazy how they play extremely well vs ace's (ie. Penny, Webb, Wang, Peavy, etc)....but lay goose-eggs vs. unknowns and certified bums (high erapitchers that everyone else beats up on).

Now is that Willie's fault? No, it is not. But I'm tired of Mr. Sensitive bringing additional distractions to this ball club. He is def a nice guy, buthe cares wayyyyy too much about his image and what the fans think of him (ie A-Rod), and that's something your leader should not be doing. He grew up aMets fan, is a life-long Mets fan, and cares too much of how Mets fan view him. The team also looks very unprepared at times, and i think a change would be astep in the right direction.

But like Harold Reynolds said....you're only as good as your starting pitcher that day, and the extra days rest for Maine did him no good, and Vargas isnothing more than a bum spot starter for now. Just hope the Mets can somehow get a split of this 4 game set, because it certainly is not looking good. Williecould be gone by Memorial Day if this team just dies during this trip.

May 21, 2008
Willie apologizes to SNY, team
Willie Randolph read from a statement at the beginning of his media briefing.

"I apologize to Mets ownership, SNY and my team for the unnecessary distraction I caused the last couple of days," Randolph said. "I shouldn't have said what I said. It was a mistake."

Willie will be on WFAN in a few minutes for those who actually care.

hopefully his apology distracts them again as they play the braves 2 more times...
especially tonight on national television.
happy.gif

I hope Alou isn't seriously injured. What did Willie say on the fan I was at the dentist and missed the segment. And to me I'm not going to put theblame on Maine or Vargas, but the offense needs to maintain consistency. I wouldn't be surprised if the team isn't in first place or a game or 2 out,at the All Star break, Willie will be gone.

Willie pretty much just apologized for the distractions and basically manned up and cleared the air.

As for this game...Castillo just cost the Mets one run with his bat, and 3 runs with his glove.

Braves always SHOW up Vs. the Mets.

They are hustling, playing hard, while the Mets (not surprisingly) are:

sleep.jpg

Not going to waste my time watching the rest of the game.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Not going to waste my time watching the rest of the game.

yea word...why should we waste our valuable time watching them if they don't even want to be on the field.

*switches to Family Guy*....
pimp.gif

Freaking Mets hurt both our SS and 3B probably both won't be playing tomorrow they are a huge part of this team Escobar and Chipper.

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Mets is getting smacked... What more can I ask against the team I hate the most
pimp.gif

tired.gif
....go see where you gotta go

obviously we're all in terrible moods and we are all disgusted so just get the hell outta here

Braves won 11-4 Jair Jurrjens is so good
pimp.gif

Tomorrow: Ace vs Ace, so should be a pitchers duel.

Johan Santana (5-2 3.30 ERA)
Tim Hudson (6-3 3.06 ERA)
pimp.gif

hopefully we just get embarrassed again tomorrow so that Omar just fires Willie right after the game....

its gunna be brutal at Shea when this team comes home

Omar has to be held accountable as well, not just Willie.

I tuned into SNY for a split second during a commercial break on TNT, and I heard Gary say ""Well the Mets get SMOKED AGAIN tonight....tune intomorrow night for the same".
laugh.gif

Even Howie Rose is not holding back on the radio.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I tuned into SNY for a split second during a commercial break on TNT, and I heard Gary say ""Well the Mets get SMOKED AGAIN tonight....tune in tomorrow night for the same".
laugh.gif

roll.gif
eek.gif
did he really say that on the air? goodness gracious, that will not end well with the higher-ups.

The next homestand will be brutal, and I actually got box seats to the Tuesday game against the Marlins. FIRE WILLIE

Back
Top Bottom