[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Originally Posted by ddot7

Way too early to judge a trade, but seems like the Milledge trade might work out pretty well if things keep on progressing this way. Church has been really solid in RF and has been our most consistent offensive player.

Ollie was cruising through the first 5 then ran out of gas plus the misplays by Alou and Beltran. You can just sense when he's about to fall apart, but he kept us in the game well enough.

Anyone heard news about Pedro? I'm not even counting on him at this point, but is there any hope that he'll be ready by the All-Star break? I know I read something recently about him throwing again.

I woulnd't be surprised if Pedro returns around the same time he did last year, hopefully earlier.

The trade for Church/Schneider and Milledge will help both teams. Mets are obviously trying to compete RIGHT NOW, so those two have helped out very much so. Istill think Church will bat around .290, but in this lineup he will get a lot of pitches to hit so his numbers have far surpassed what I expected of him. Inever knew he was THIS good defensively as well.

As for Edge, he's still a kid a very much a work in progress, but that's a trade the Nats did to benefit the team down the road.

Ryan Church is an animal...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

feeling demoralized after getting OWNED by the division leading marlins, but we'll bounce back with a 4 game sweep of the mutts at shea.

LETS GOOOOO NATS!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

it'll be interesting to see how much longer church can keep this up before he comes down to earth. i will say though, you guys have benefited more from the trade in the first month, but we'll benefit from it more for the next 10+ years.
tongue.gif

Yea if he evens decides to stay with that sorry franchise
eyes.gif

"Quoting: when the ignore button fails you."

Anyway, a bit off topic...

...maybe I imagined this or something, but has there ever been a Mets fitted with the neon-light players? You know, those big murals on the walls fo Sheastadium?

34neon.jpg

36neon.jpg

37neon.jpg

A black fitted with one of these neon figures would nuts. I'd buy 5 in a heartbeat. Has anyone seen these, or am I just crazy?

Def haven't seen those yet, but there's a spot on Steinway that I go to get my Mets hats, I can certainly give em' some ideas for their next customfitted batch.

What is this...get one, give up one, get one, give up one...? I don't have the patience.
laugh.gif

And as I type that...$$$!! Sorry guys.

As I stated last game, the Figgy experiment is DONE.

I'd rather have him as our long relief pitcher than Sosa though, I think he will be most effective in that position (Sosa is horrible, this game isprobably over, more GTA 4 for me).

sick.gif
@ the Nats having 6 runs on 5 hits....too many walks Figgy.

pimp.gif
@ the Nats having 6 runs on 5 hits....too many walks Figgy.

fixed
laugh.gif

Did Milledge commit five errors already? I told my friend that he would

DO I SMELL A FOUR GAME SWEEP COOKING?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

up next: JOHN LANNAN. i'm sure you are all aware of his last
eek.gif
outingvs the mutts, but in case you forgot: 11 K 0 BB 1 ER. expect a duplication of that domination.

LOL @ Elijah's chants from the bench.
haha ya, that was HILARIOUS! gotta love that enthusiasm on the bench. my dude dukes is a character. "here we go __________! clap clap!"that was getting "figgy" fired up, he was rattled.
laugh.gif

and it was nice to see millz finally come through vs his former team with that 2 run double that just missed being a homer. i bet that was relieving for him.he's going through some growing pains, but he's gonna be a surefire star.

looks like the cheering really hurt "figgy's" feelings
frown.gif
laugh.gif

And even after exiting the game, Figueroa decided to attempt a few more shots, upset about what he felt was exaggerated cheering from the Nationals' dugout.

"They were cheerleading in the dugout like a bunch of softball girls," Figueroa said. "I'm a professional just like anybody else. I take huge offense to that. If that's what a last-place team needs to do to fire themselves up, so be it. They could show a little more class, a little more professionalism now that they won tonight, but in the long run, they're still who they are."
them sounds like fightin' words!
laugh.gif
i DARE them toretaliate and try to beam dukes (since he was the leader). i DARE any mets pitcher to try it. dukes would go back to his linebacker days and drop that pitcherfor a 5 yard loss.
roll.gif

i don't see what the big deal was. ya coordinated cheering is rare in the majors, but it was cold and crappy out and dukes was just trying to liven up thedugout and keep active/warm.

Its a little bush league but I could care less, my girl and I were laughin' the whole time.

I hate 4 game series, but I can see this series being split 2-2 since the Mets may call someone up from the minor leagues just to have 1 start.

I was hoping for a 5 out of 7 home stand, so I hope they can somehow take the next 3.

So...Joe Smith gets sent down instead of Sosa. Waiver crap or not, I don't get it. Has Sosa made an appearance this season without giving up a run? Eitherhis or whoever he relieved? Dude is straight garbage so far this year and Smith has been pretty good. I don't know what it is with this team/organizationand pitching, but it's giving me ulcers.

I'm sure once Wise has a few solid outings and Sosa continues to stink, Smith wil be called up and Sosa will be releases.

Other than Sosa and inconsistent Heilman, the pen has been very very solid. The starters need to go deeper than 5-6, but I noticed this has been a wide-leagueissue.

I'm sure once Wise has a few solid outings and Sosa continues to stink, Smith wil be called up and Sosa will be releases.

Other than Sosa and inconsistent Heilman, the pen has been very very solid. The starters need to go deeper than 5-6, but I noticed this has been a wide-leagueissue.

this series is HEATING up! i can def see a bench clearing brawl erupting. like i said, i DARE any mets pitcher to try and beam dukes. it would be OVER. dukeswas a highly recruited linebacker out of high school, he'd go ray lewis on that pitcher.
laugh.gif

even lil ol' schneider had something to say:
"It sounded like the College World Series," Brian Schneider, the former Nationals catcher said. "I guess they're trying anything now."

Just heard it on WFAN Sosa and Figueroa designated for assignment. Claudio Vargas, Matt Wise and Fernando Tatis brought up. Pagan to the DL.

Mets got a ton of hits today, nice insurance runs (good defense Edge
laugh.gif
)

Thank god Sosa was sent down instead of Smith...I hope an NL East team claims him so the Mets can rake off of him.

So Vargas tomm for one start, and he'll be sent back down and Figgy will come back up?

^ After Milledge made that catch on the warning track, I thought to myself "eh, he'll even himself out later."

tough loss. big eared bum, austin kearns cost us the game misplaying that liner by church.
mad.gif

i thought ##!% was gonna go down when maine hit felipe in the first. i wanted to see a bcb.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

tough loss. big eared bum, austin kearns cost us the game misplaying that liner by church.
mad.gif

i thought ##!% was gonna go down when maine hit felipe in the first. i wanted to see a bcb.
laugh.gif
Dont kid yourself...the Nats are soft. But then again, so are the Mets...
laugh.gif

BTW anyone see the Bobby V doc.? What i would do to have him back as our manager...

i still like our chances of taking 3/4. vargas is garbage so that should be an automatic win. then since you guys are saving santana for the yankees, thursdayis very winnable too vs pelfrey.

Mets offense will simply have to score runs the next two.

I am not worried at all, 2-2 series at worst.

Back
Top Bottom