[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

Beltran is way too patient. I honerstly think he goes up to bat with walk first/hit second in his mind. He passes on pitches that he could crush to take thewalk. Walks are cool but not in every situation. I'm sure Willie wants his cleanup hitter to swing once in a while and look to blow open an inning whengiven the opportunity. He takes alot of good pitches that are being called balls that he could crush. Maybe well see Beltran move to batting 3rd and Wright batcleanup.

Its a combination of not getting anything to hit, and not even finding his stride yet. When he's hot.....he crushes EVERYTHING.

2 games tomorrow.
pimp.gif

i'm kinda glad we had that rain out...BP wasn't going to play (injured his calf wednesday) and i think i heard Griffey wasn't going to play (sick.) BP should be ready tomorrow...hopefully Griff is too.

Joe Smith is going to be sent down tomm to make room for Wise. Why the $+@% is Sosa still up here?

Why send out one of the better bullpen arms, Wise hasn't even proven himself as effective as this kid. Mets management leave me shaking my head sometimes.

But I guess if Wise can prove he can get both lefties/righties out, then perhaps Smith will swap with Sosa if things progress as they have.

BP is a beast... 1 of my fav. players to watch... double n triple so far today..... glad to see the Mets hitting with RISP

Santana really labored that 6th inning, but got out of it.

He really needs to go deeper into games though.

Nice bases loaded triple by Beltran...save some rbi's for tonight.

I'm off to tonight's game, hope Pelf can go 6.

I !%@$%#% hate these bandwagon Mets fans. How the *%*@ do you boo Duaner Sanchez. The guy isn't Jesus he's been virtually perfect this year why the*%*@ would you boo him. Dumb #+!%% don't realize he's coming off of major surgery and has missed 21 months. He's not gonna be Jesus. !%@$%#% moronsI swear.

Just came home (left after the gado error). The boo'ing wasn't really THAT loud, I guess they were just boo'ing the overall lackadaisical defensethe last two innings.

Take 2 out of 3 tomm.

^^ Gary Cohen also criticized the booing of Sanchez, saying the same things JohnnyRedStorm said for the most part.

Wish the Reds could've taken both games of the doubleheader
wink.gif

I kept tuning in to see if Griffey would hit HR #598; guess I'll have to wait for Sunday.

Mez, was that you who yelled out "DIRTY!!!" during that inning Sanchez was in?
laugh.gif

Gary Cohen also criticized the booing of Sanchez, saying the same things JohnnyRedStorm said for the most part.

I like Gary but he's very wrong in this case. The booing wasn't for anyone specific (and it wasn't even that loud), they were just boo'ing theevents that were occurring (the errors and the opponents getting late hits, nothing else). Gary needs to chill.
laugh.gif

...and yes I yelled DIRTY! GRIFFEY ALMOST HAD A HR DURING THE FIRST GAME THOUGH. (sorry for caps, dont feel like re-typing).

Yeah, I was watching the game, and the stands were empty enough that individual hecklers could be heard
laugh.gif

Yeah, Oliver (Frazzled and Ruffled) Perez pitches Sunday against Cueto.

pimp.gif

thats for u wildKYcat
laugh.gif

jk, its all love fam, so u gunnaa hook me up wit a avy when Griff hits #600?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

smh.gif
that's all...nothing to say.

I deliberately had on the games this weekend just to see what Griffey would do. He'll get to 600 eventually, and when he does, it will be
pimp.gif

Griffey just BARELY missed on yesterday afternoon, hit the top of the wall out in right field.

Good series win, now time to win the series vs the Nets too finish up a good home stand.

Its also nice to see Beltran getting some pitches to hit now that Alou is there, and its no coincidence he's raking right now. Also nice to see Gadocontinue his excellent hitting during this streak, I hope he proves me wrong.

I hope Gado proves me wrong to Mez.... i have a feeling he will.... n it will be up to Alou n Church to keep gettin them (Beltran n Gado) pitches to hit

Way too early to judge a trade, but seems like the Milledge trade might work out pretty well if things keep on progressing this way. Church has been reallysolid in RF and has been our most consistent offensive player.

Ollie was cruising through the first 5 then ran out of gas plus the misplays by Alou and Beltran. You can just sense when he's about to fall apart, but hekept us in the game well enough.

Anyone heard news about Pedro? I'm not even counting on him at this point, but is there any hope that he'll be ready by the All-Star break? I know Iread something recently about him throwing again.

feeling demoralized after getting OWNED by the division leading marlins, but we'll bounce back with a 4 game sweep of the mutts at shea.

LETS GOOOOO NATS!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

it'll be interesting to see how much longer church can keep this up before he comes down to earth. i will say though, you guys have benefited more from thetrade in the first month, but we'll benefit from it more for the next 10+ years.
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom