[ Official N.Y. METS 2008 OFF-SEASON: MURPHY PERMANENT LEFT FIELDER ]

^ If you are still waiting on Pedro you'll never learn, thats like me saying once Hampton
indifferent.gif
comes back we are running with the NL East they are both money stealingbums who never produce don't wait for Pedro to save the Mets.

At least Pedro has pitched in recent years. Hampton is the definition of a criminal. I feel for you Braves fans.

A Complete game? I haven't witnessed a Met throw a complete game in 5 years, lol. This is like throwing a no hitter for us Met fans. Historic today!!!!!!

Didn't Soler throw a complete game shutout vs the Dodgers two years ago?

Ahh wells, close enough today.

Yeah I think he did Mez, wow what happened to that guy. Funny how a one hit wonder like Soler threw the complete game and no big names like Glavine or martinezthrew it. I remember when each pitcher had a couple of complete games a season. Now it's almost extinct. In todays game a Met throwing a complete gamewould be almost as good as throwing a no hitter.

how the hell does that happen?

one day losing grip on a comfortable lead to nearly handing out pinkslips to the entire dodgers team?

i don't get it, but nice win

That's pretty much the state of baseball nowadays though. Everyone is all about pitch counts, especially with these crazy contracts handed out today.

Could have been a 4-2 road trip if they blew the game open last night, but I'll take 3-3 any day. Thursday off, with 7 games @ home Vs. Cincy/Nats, then apitching depleted Yankees team. Mets can gain some momentum the next few days.

Of course.
laugh.gif

All my peoples are ready for next weekend, I'm like 1 of 3 Met fans.
laugh.gif

If anyone is interested, here are Carlos Gomez season stats:

.282, 2 HR, 11 RBI, 33 H, .306 OBP, .427 SLG, 7 2B, 23B, 3 BB, 29 SO, 13 SB, 1 CS

Those are some pretty solid numbers (minus that hideous BB/SO ratio, but that's his game). Good to see him doing well and getting starter PT.

I've been following him all season long, he's pretty much the same as he was here (some days can hit, some days looks over-matched BADLY).

Congrats to him on the cycle, but I'm much happier having Santana.
laugh.gif

I can't lie, I wish we still had Gomez...BUT the reason we gave him up is a good one. Our outfield is solid right now with Alou, Church and Beltran(although he's slumping something hard). It'd just be nice to have Gomez as a 4th outfielder and as someone in place when Alou's done.

Well, that's where Fernando Martinez comes in, he could be called up as soon as next yr when Alou is gone.

As for Beltran, he's hitting in front of Delgado and is getting NOTHING to hit, hence the low average but career high OBP. I'm sure once Alou is in thelineup consistently that will change dramatically.

A lot of players are off to a slow start, you know its going to turn around sooner or later.

Can't believe interleague is around the corner...

Yankees better beat the hell out of the Mets, regardless of how pitching-depleted we may be.
ohwell.gif

It was a "helluva" series, the last game was a give me. I guess Brad Penny was too bashed from partying in his RV (Parked in the Reserve Level) thenight before.

I'm beat as hell, that 12:10 pm (PST) was killer, especially after the previous game came to an end at about 10:30 pm. I told one of my boys as I wasleaving the Stadium at midnight, that we should be happy with 2 out of 3, since the early game will be tough to win.

Our pitching hasn't been there all year, inconsistent at best, and we are taxing our bullpen. It is a rare sight for a Dodger starting pitcher to pitchmore than 6 innings this season,
eyes.gif
. 2 out of 3 and 10 out of the last12. I'll take that. I'm surprised we won on Tuesday with Raffy being a late scratch. Good thing DeWitt stepped up with the bat, since he gave theMets a couple of runs with his play at 3rd.

No Raffy + earlier than usual day game = 4 hitter and near shutout/CG by John Maine
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Well, that's where Fernando Martinez comes in, he could be called up as soon as next yr when Alou is gone.

As for Beltran, he's hitting in front of Delgado and is getting NOTHING to hit, hence the low average but career high OBP. I'm sure once Alou is in the lineup consistently that will change dramatically.

A lot of players are off to a slow start, you know its going to turn around sooner or later.

Oh yeah, definitely. I'm not too concerned at this point to be honest. With someone like Beltran, he's gonna hit...is it just me or does it seemlike he's being TOO patient though? I know he's drawing walks, but it also seems like he takes a lot of pitches and they're balls that he'dusually be able to drive. Maybe it's just perception at this point because I know he's productive and I wanna see our #4 hitter do what he should bedoing.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Can't wait for Saturday. First Met game of the year and I finally get to see Ken Griffey Jr.

eek.gif
LUCKY! Griffey is my fav. player ever and when he comes to play theMarlins later this year, i may have to make a trip to Miami from Orlando. IF he's still in a Reds uni by then
ohwell.gif

Its going to rain until midnight tonight, so I doubt there will be any baseball today unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom