Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

roll.gif
At the thought of anybody mauling Anderson.

When you all calm down and you come to your senses you'll realize that GSP cannot beat the guy.

Dan Henderson couldn't keep him down and finish him. How is a smaller guy, who lacks the needed knockout power, gonna destroy Anderson? Really? Let's take a step back and think about this for a sec.

Thank you!  I hate what Silva did as much as the next but come on guys be real here. Dude was never in danger and really has only been in danger 2 times since he been in the UFC.  Sonnen will get sonned, GSP will not control him on the ground and will be forced to stand which is a mistake.  Plus why does Anderson have to move down to 170 but GSP won't move up to 185?

Spider and even Penn have moved up in class, yet GSP hasn't moved period.  Anderson needs to stay in 205 or get some heavyweight fights.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

GSP would maul Silva at 170. Silva would maul GSP at 185. If Silva goes to 170 he won't have any power to keep GSP off of him.

15 pounds of water weight is gonna send the fight in two totally opposite directions?
roll.gif

I don't think Anderson could even get to 170 healthy at this point in his career, but if he did not a damn thing would change. He's gonna hydrate like hell and be right back to 185-190 before the fight, just like GSP.

How is GSP stronger at 170 than Dan at 185 or hell even Marquardt?

Very weird UFC card. I was shocked at how BJ performed, he looked very sluggish and disinterested throughout the whole fight. Props to Frankie Edgar, moving around alot and even taking down BJ. As for Silva...well he killed the whole night. I thought he was going to end the card with a nice KO and that would be all. He's a disgrace to the sport of MMA and I lost alot of respect for the guy.

9fwkxx.jpg

GSP would maul Silva at 170. Silva would maul GSP at 185. If Silva goes to 170 he won't have any power to keep GSP off of him.

15 pounds of water weight is gonna send the fight in two totally opposite directions?
roll.gif

I don't think Anderson could even get to 170 healthy at this point in his career, but if he did not a damn thing would change. He's gonna hydrate like hell and be right back to 185-190 before the fight, just like GSP.

I think if they do fight it will be at a catch weight something like 180 lbs...personally GSP should move up and so should Silva. Silva says he would never fight Machida but I think Dana should force them to fight.

roll.gif

Are you really kidding me? Fighters STILL feel that weight cut during the fight. It's not gonna be just 15 pounds of water weight playboy, Silva would be drained at that weight, and he decides to fight against a machine like GSP? You're talking about a guy that fought at LHW before, and you don't think a weight cut at 170 won't effect him? You need to completely change your body when you change weight classes. GSP is probably the best athlete in MMA and his takedowns have little to do with strength. His cardio and timing is what gets him though takedowns. Should've not even bothered with this from the first statement... You don't think a 15 pound difference isn't huge?... WOW.

Read that Penn was on antibiotics fighting a sinus infection. I know its an excuse but he looked like a shell of himself. Still an argument to be made he won that fight.

This guy.

You think 15 pounds is gonna make or break one of the best damn fighter on the planet. WOW

GSP is probably the best athlete in MMA and his takedowns have little to do with strength.

laugh.gif
and Anderson's takedown defense and BJJ has little to do with strength either.
You need to completely change your body when you change weight classes.
Uh.............no you don't. The idea is to manipulate water weight. Hell I'm doing it right now.  You want to keep as much muscle as possible. Muscle loss may happen but of course that's undesirable. If Anderson can't safely do that, he simply wouldn't cut to there.
Should've not even bothered with this from the first statement... You don't think a 15 pound difference isn't huge?
15lb difference between fighters would be huge. Not this. After Silva rehydrates (if he can make the weight) GSP will be back to being at a huge disadvantage.

You sound
mad.gif
. Chill with the elitist attitude. Lemme guess you take BJJ classes at the Y and now you're an expert on everything involving MMA? I knew I shouldn't have bothered with this from you're first statement.........................

GSP would maul Silva at 170. Silva would maul GSP at 185. If Silva goes to 170 he won't have any power to keep GSP off of him

roll.gif

GSP is good, reeeeeeeeally good. But he hasn't finished anyone in two years. But somehow, if Anderson cuts 15 more pounds not only will he lose he's gonna get mauled.
roll.gif

Doesn't Rumble cut from over 200lbs to get to Welterweight??!?!?!?!!?!

Yes.

Cain is next in line for the title shot, his next fight will definitely be for against either Brock or Shane, possibly in December.
checked some articles...you're right.

UFC looking to milk Carwin, Cain and Dos Santos' career.

makes sense from a business perspective.

A lot of people in here need to hit Sherdog, they'll fit right in over there
laugh.gif

Most of my thoughts about Saturday night have been covered (multiple times) already, so no need to rehash them.

This guy.

You think 15 pounds is gonna make or break one of the best damn fighter on the planet. WOW

GSP is probably the best athlete in MMA and his takedowns have little to do with strength.

laugh.gif
and Anderson's takedown defense and BJJ has little to do with strength either.
You need to completely change your body when you change weight classes.
Uh.............no you don't. The idea is to manipulate water weight. Hell I'm doing it right now.  You want to keep as much muscle as possible. Muscle loss may happen but of course that's undesirable. If Anderson can't safely do that, he simply wouldn't cut to there.
Should've not even bothered with this from the first statement... You don't think a 15 pound difference isn't huge?
15lb difference between fighters would be huge. Not this. After Silva rehydrates (if he can make the weight) GSP will be back to being at a huge disadvantage.

You sound
mad.gif
. Chill with the elitist attitude. Lemme guess you take BJJ classes at the Y and now you're an expert on everything involving MMA? I knew I shouldn't have bothered with this from you're first statement.........................

GSP would maul Silva at 170. Silva would maul GSP at 185. If Silva goes to 170 he won't have any power to keep GSP off of him

roll.gif

GSP is good, reeeeeeeeally good. But he hasn't finished anyone in two years. But somehow, if Anderson cuts 15 more pounds not only will he lose he's gonna get mauled.
roll.gif

you act like Silva's takedown down defense is unbelievable. he has been taking down by luter and hendo and gsp has the best wrestling in mma

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

laugh.gif

Most of my thoughts about Saturday night have been covered (multiple times) already, so no need to rehash them.
Sherdog is pure comedy. Dudes here would not be able to last a day over there. It is the only forums where no matter what you post at least 50% of the responses are going to flaming your opinion. Plus no matter what day it is you will always find a topic that begins like this "I just re watched  fight XYZ with the sound off......."

roll.gif
. Dana White thought that A. Silva was #1 P4P up until Sunday. Now he probably thinks it's GSP. Either way, he still has an argument as to who is the true #1 P4P with these guys sitting up top of their division. We all know it's Fedor, but you can't knock Dana White for trying to chime into this equation. The only positive that the UFC can come out of GSP and A. Silva fighting would be that they could say their #2 and #3 P4P fighters in the world duked it out and the winner should be the true P4P #1.

What A. Silva did @ 112 was nothing short of entertaining. I guess I was one of the very few people that were thoroughly entertained, and am in his corner for what happened. How the hell does Maia get a shot at A. Silva? I understand injuries happen, but there should have been something else they could have put on instead of throwing Maia into the ring. Maia is a mid-tier fighter. Watching the countdown, I was laughing the whole time when Dana White and Joe Rogan were trying to hype him up. Silva has been asking for the best in the world and a challenge. Feeding him James Irvin, Forrest Griffin, Leites Thales, and Demian Maia is nothing short of insulting him. These guys do not belong in the same ring as Silva, and he clearly showed it. These antics will continue until they give him a legitimate opponent. (And please don't say Chael Sonnen. He's going to get owned so bad it's going to be another mismatched fight). Vitor is a has been. And I'm pretty sure he will get KO'ed. They should let Anderson move up in weight like he wanted and test himself against the heavyweights like he wanted.

If you can dance around a ring, showboat, run half the fight, and still make someone's face look like Maia's after the fight, then I don't see how people can hate. It just goes to show how much A. Silva outclasses Maia in the ring. Did you see him punch Maia's thigh? When the hell does someone do that? It was all to show that he could do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted to Maia. I'm sick of people saying, "Well if he's so good why didn't he finish him?" GSP didn't finish Hardy. And GSP is the UFC's #1 fanboy bandwagon right now.

Note: I am a big fan of GSP and of A. Silva, but if the two fought, A. Silva would make GSP tap from strikes again. Seriously. And Dana White would jump right onto the A. Silva bandwagon once again and say how awesome he is.

Got my 115 tickets, hopefully Fitch/Alves II does become official soon like it's supposed to because so far the event looks below average. People in Vancouver will pay anything and I bet I can re-sell my extra pairs of tickets for double face value 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sensation87

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

B.J. Penn says rematch in the works with new UFC lightweight champ Frankie Edgar

"The UFC contacted us yesterday, and I think they want to put a rematch together, so I think a rematch is in the works."

"I think the next three months, four months at the most."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/04/13/b-j-penn-i-think-a-rematch-is-in-the-works/
pimp.gif
and I bet BJ wont let it go to the judges.
He said he wouldn't let it go to the judges last week.  Every time Dana says a fight won't go to the judges, it almost always does.

Looking forward to the 3 title fights this weekend. I'd like to see all 3 champs retain, but I don't see anyway Shields can beat Henderson, and I see Melendez getting submitted in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Hopefully Shields makes his way over to the UFC, a lot better fights for him in the WW division than SF can provide.

MAIN CARD

Champ Jake Shields vs. Dan Henderson (for middleweight title)
Champ Gegard Mousasi vs. Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (for light heavyweight title)
Champ Gilbert Melendez vs. Shinya Aoki (for Strikeforce lightweight title)

PRELIMINARY CARD

Jason "Mayhem" Miller vs. Tim Stout
Zach Underwood vs. Hunter Worsham (?)
Josh Schockman vs. Cale Yarbrough (?)
Dustin Ortiz vs. Justin Pennington (?)
Andrew Uhrich vs. Dustin West (?)
Chris Hawk vs. Ovince St. Preux (?)
Thomas Campbell vs. Cody Floyd (?)

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

laugh.gif

Sherdog is pure comedy. Dudes here would not be able to last a day over there. It is the only forums where no matter what you post at least 50% of the responses are going to flaming your opinion. Plus no matter what day it is you will always find a topic that begins like this "I just re watched  fight XYZ with the sound off......."
I love sherdog. There are people who will legitimately argue with logic, but yeah 75% of the threads there are made by monkeys I swear.

Back
Top Bottom