Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

some of the anti anderson threads on places like sherdog are hilarious
its basically thales leitas II, but now i guess all the fans have stock invested in teh UFC, stock invested in anderson somehow and feel they can pull the killswitch for fights whenever they want

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by CjMoney

BJ didn't look like himself and Anderson looked like he has mental problems.

no mental problems for anderson, just one cocky mother %%!@+%
laugh.gif
, anderson pretty much showed everyone he had maia beat well before the fight, letting him know that youre not gonna be him if youre afraid to strike with him, never ever doubt anderson but it will be interesting to see if he pullts that "hit me" stuff with vitor cause we all know vitor will hit him

during the post fight press conference, dana was talking "ill make it up to the fans, i dont know how but i will" - we all know he has to put this "huge %!#@#* star" #$$@ aside and make the fight happen between anderson and GSP, and forget about this whole gsp dominating 170 is good for the brand crock even if it is
The thing is later in the rounds Maia with 1 eye open was attacking Anderson and Anderson was actually trying to hit him and was missing.  At first I thought he wanted to humiliate Maia which isn't cool in the first place but then he can't even finish him. I loved the ref saying he was gonna take a point if Anderson just kept running around.  I was a big spider fan (even a lil headfake showboating is cool) but he took it way too far and couldn't even finish.  I mean there was a point were Maia was doing the Silva head movement with his hands down right in front of spider.

you gotta be kidding if you think GSP is better than silva just because of that performance. i guarantee dana doesn't want that fight to happen because those are 2 big pulls for cards, financially it doesn't make sense. if silva finished, im sure dana would have come up with something else. aso i think silva, said he would move down to provoke GSP. im sure he would cut to 170 if need be he could, but would rther fight at a catch weight. in other news, mma fans don't know anything about this sport.

Originally Posted by don23lucia

BJ got robbed

for what?
laugh.gif
Edgar gave 101% for 5 rounds. Stayed busy, created angles and striked with good accuracy. I could've sworn the BJ that fought Diego can win a unanimous against Edgar but he was way off last night. I didn't give Edgar a chance on this one but this wasn't the "new" BJ that Rogan and Goldberg has been pushing for quite a while now. No excuses for that.

Munoz is a savage on the ground.

Some notes from the last 3 pages:

- where were those people who discredited GSPs defense ? I swear I was so ready to see more hate on Anderson tonight but I guess it's just their own personal grudge against GSP. I don''t see a lot of hate right now.

- Ban Dips3t Rydah

- crazy on how some people think GSP > Anderson. I've been a GSP fan since his win against Mayhem but Anderson's on another level man...
smh.gif
Yeah, he got too cocky but understand that the man isn't being challenged at all right now, not even a bit. Punch to the thigh in a title match is straight up ridic
smh.gif

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by rtz13

you gotta be kidding if you think GSP is better than silva just because of that performance. i guarantee dana doesn't want that fight to happen because those are 2 big pulls for cards, financially it doesn't make sense. if silva finished, im sure dana would have come up with something else. aso i think silva, said he would move down to provoke GSP. im sure he would cut to 170 if need be he could, but would rther fight at a catch weight. in other news, mma fans don't know anything about this sport.
I disagree completely with this statement. BJ and GSP are both big draws and Dana made that fight. Also there is not one compelling title fight in the WW or MW divisions right now. No fight fight the absolutely "must" happen. GSP and Anderson have cleared out their divisions. This fight not happening has more to do with George saying he does not want to go up to MW right now(GSP only walks around at a few pounds over 190, most MWs walk around at 205-215). He knows he can't hold down guys and get decisions at MW, and GSP's striking isn't going to do any damage at MW. If Dana served GSP to Anderson he knows Anderson will most likely rape him in ways that would damage GSP's rep.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Question to all you MMA buffs..What are the chances of Cain/Brock happening?
Cain Velasquez?

Brock's got a date with Carwin first (unification).

There's Dos Santos who's been undefeated in the UFC, and likewise Velazquez. Both are impressive.

No doubt these two fighters will meet around or after the unification fight to determine the next title contender.

So to answer your question: it really depends on how everything plays out

I'm in the minority, but GSP would destroy Silva in a fight. GSP is relentless, those takedowns are coming 100% all 5 rounds. It's going to be difficult for Silva to set his feet and throw these quick jabs or set up his outside leg kicks. If Silva doesn't end the fight in the first three minutes, he is  going to get taken down, beaten down, and gassed out. 

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

I'm in the minority, but GSP would destroy Silva in a fight. GSP is relentless, those takedowns are coming 100% all 5 rounds. It's going to be difficult for Silva to set his feet and throw these quick jabs or set up his outside leg kicks. If Silva doesn't end the fight in the first three minutes, he is  going to get taken down, beaten down, and gassed out. 
GSP is the goods, but your talking like Silva ain't !+%$ on the ground.  The Spider can strike with the best and his ground game is just as good.  GSP usually overpowers his opponents, and I don't see that happening at all with Silva.

Originally Posted by Tommy Wong

its not like andersons sprawl is elementary

It's not, its actually some of the best. But you asking a much taller, longer man to get lower than a shorter, more explosive athlete.  Plus, he never been tested against a guy with his shoot abilities. I mean three years ago, Lutter took him down numerous time and even full mounted him. Lutter was relentless, he kept coming at him. GSP got a better technique, better GnP, better conditioning. 

Originally Posted by JUS3

GSP is the goods, but your talking like Silva ain't !+%$ on the ground.  The Spider can strike with the best and his ground game is just as good.  GSP usually overpowers his opponents, and I don't see that happening at all with Silva.
I am, Silva ground game is suspect. His top game and submission skills are excellent, but how is he on his back? Hendo & Lutter showed the world the possibilities. Lutter made too rookie mistakes when he took him down. He mounted him and went for a lazy armbar, he should of just pounded him out.  GSP passed Fitch and BJ like they were white belts, I expect the same with Andy. He takes Evans & Jardine down anytime he wants. Plus, factor in Greg Jackson. Jackson tells GSP what to do and sticks to gameplan, a lot of the guys who fought Silva get confident and lose discipline (Hendo), others just don't have the tools (Maia, Griffin, Marquardt). Like I said, I am in the minority, I KNOW I am not going any change minds. I been telling people this for over two years know, some people agree, a lot of people laugh at it. Its just my own short analysis, I just want to see the fight, so I can be proven I was right or dead wrong. 

^I'm with you word for word.

But until then GSP better sharpen up his stand up or at least get back to doing it or else he'll be in trouble because he's going to need to use some stand up striking to get Silva down.

Jackson tells GSP what to do and sticks to gameplan, a lot of the guys who fought Silva get confident and lose discipline (Hendo), others just don't have the tools (Maia, Griffin, Marquardt)
no criticism here.

best believe Anderson and Machida are two of the few fighters IMO who comes in the cage and fight w/o a gameplan. just like Fedor, these guys study their opponents in the opening minutes/round and strike to perfection in the middle-last rounds. they adapt to situations easily, and that's what separates these champs from the other champs.

there are some methodical, by the book fighters like GSP and Randy, who executes gameplans down to a T. only downside about gameplans are:

1. some fighters dont follow it, lose focus once they get hit (all praises to Munoz on this one)
2. they don't really have plan B and C set

I'm not even going to try and assess about the possibility of GSP-AS soon (like what's everybody doing now). I will not make any predictions and I just want a good fight between those two
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by JUS3

I am, Silva ground game is suspect. His top game and submission skills are excellent, but how is he on his back? Hendo & Lutter showed the world the possibilities. Lutter made too rookie mistakes when he took him down. He mounted him and went for a lazy armbar, he should of just pounded him out.  GSP passed Fitch and BJ like they were white belts, I expect the same with Andy. He takes Evans & Jardine down anytime he wants. Plus, factor in Greg Jackson. Jackson tells GSP what to do and sticks to gameplan, a lot of the guys who fought Silva get confident and lose discipline (Hendo), others just don't have the tools (Maia, Griffin, Marquardt). Like I said, I am in the minority, I KNOW I am not going any change minds. I been telling people this for over two years know, some people agree, a lot of people laugh at it. Its just my own short analysis, I just want to see the fight, so I can be proven I was right or dead wrong. 
yup i agree with everything you said there. hopefully this fight will happen.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Question to all you MMA buffs..What are the chances of Cain/Brock happening?
Cain Velasquez?

Brock's got a date with Carwin first (unification).

There's Dos Santos who's been undefeated in the UFC, and likewise Velazquez. Both are impressive.

No doubt these two fighters will meet around or after the unification fight to determine the next title contender.

So to answer your question: it really depends on how everything plays out

Cain is next in line for the title shot, his next fight will definitely be for against either Brock or Shane, possibly in December.

Silva would have never done what he did had it been Vitor in the cage with him. Vitor's striking is incredible. I'm hoping that he's still in contention when he comes back. "- Are you the Vitor of old? - No. I'm the Vitor of new."

And I'd also like to see Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez. Both of them need to fight. Dos Santos' striking is devastating. Ask Cro Cop. Ask Gonzaga. Ask Yvel. Etc.

At 170 GSP would "maul" Silva

but I doubt that happens

They need to give the original #1 contender a shot at the title (Vitor Belfort) Silva wont be showboating with his hands down I bet.

This is a bad time for the UFC and their champs.

BJ looked disinterested and lost his title.
GSP is criticized for fighting safe and not finishing.
Silva doesn't give a damn about the division or his belt anymore.
Machida has a rematch with the guy who everyone knows beat him.
Lesnar has to prove he's healthy and shake off some rust.

roll.gif
At the thought of anybody mauling Anderson.

When you all calm down and you come to your senses you'll realize that GSP cannot beat the guy.

Dan Henderson couldn't keep him down and finish him. How is a smaller guy, who lacks the needed knockout power, gonna destroy Anderson? Really? Let's take a step back and think about this for a sec.

Back
Top Bottom