Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by dmxfury

And that punch by Henderson, that was jacked up to do that. That kind of crap is going to get someone seriously hurt/killed and hurt the business, encourage the naysayers.
Welcome to the world of mma

yep, what happened isnt anything new, watch what rampage did to wanderlei and chuck

not the same.

Rampage CLEARLY unloaded on Silva after the ref stepped between them. Dan was just doing what most fighters (I assume) are taught to do. You go all out tilyou hear a bell or the ref pulls you off. Think of the Guida v. Sanchez fight. Diego caught him flush with that high kick which would have KO'd otherdudes. If he waited to pounce he woulda given up a good spot

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

^^
laugh.gif
yea i know... Wanderlei Silva did that to someone too... i forget which fight it was, i wanna say Liddell

He backed up almost all the way across the ring and bounced off the fence a little while the other guy was coming forward and started firing off shots
Doing it in such proximity to Arlovski ( who prob has the fastest hands of any HW) took balls and a lot of confidence.
laugh.gif

One thing about Fedor also. His strikes are very accurate.
That's one thing about Fedor people forget. He NEVER waste any movement. Such a smart fighter.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

And that punch by Henderson, that was jacked up to do that. That kind of crap is going to get someone seriously hurt/killed and hurt the business, encourage the naysayers.

yep, what happened isnt anything new, watch what rampage did to wanderlei and chuck

not the same.

Rampage CLEARLY unloaded on Silva after the ref stepped between them. Dan was just doing what most fighters (I assume) are taught to do. You go all out til you hear a bell or the ref pulls you off. Think of the Guida v. Sanchez fight. Diego caught him flush with that high kick which would have KO'd other dudes. If he waited to pounce he woulda given up a good spot

im not even talking about the ref, all im saying is that all 3 scenarios are cases where one fighter continued to hit another fighter who was clearly knockedout, regardless if the ref stepped in or not

im not even against what happened, im just saying one fighter was clearly knocked out while the other fighter continued to hit

im not even talking about the ref, all im saying is that all 3 scenarios are cases where one fighter continued to hit another fighter who was clearly knocked out, regardless if the ref stepped in or not

im not even against what happened, im just saying one fighter was clearly knocked out while the other fighter continued to hit
That was my problem with it, and listening to his comments he knew what he was doing. Oh well, just didn't like it, not what I watch for (thelast hit, I do watch for the knockout punch, haha)

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

not the same.

Rampage CLEARLY unloaded on Silva after the ref stepped between them. Dan was just doing what most fighters (I assume) are taught to do. You go all out til you hear a bell or the ref pulls you off. Think of the Guida v. Sanchez fight. Diego caught him flush with that high kick which would have KO'd other dudes. If he waited to pounce he woulda given up a good spot

I agree with you fully Mojo. You know you can never be sure your knocking someone out if they just fall on the floor, how many times have we seen fightersget knocked on their %%% looking like a KO only to be seconds later in grappling mode. Hendo did say he knew what he was doing and even as big of a fan as Iam of his, it wasn't totally necessary but god damn if that ending won't be on the Spike ultimate knockouts compilation re-running all the time
laugh.gif
. If the ref doesn't pull you off or wave his hands in front ofyou, you can still drop bo's as far as i'm concerned.

good fights from ufc 100

mir got manhandled bad. brock took a few shots from mir but that was it. bad decision by mir for trying a flying knee on brock.

gsp vs alves fight was pretty good. gsp just dominated the entire fight. it was obvious that thiago wouldnt be able to stop gsp's wrestling, but i at leastthought thiago would put up more of a fight. gsp just got too much of an advantage against him.

if gsp moves up to the next weight class, i really dont think he'll beat anderson silva. the spider is already too big for his own weightclass. handling asmaller fighter like gsp would not be that hard. silva needs to stop fighter smaller fighters and just stay in the light heavyweight class. i would rather seeanderson fight machida, shogun, and rampage.

btw... that KO by dan henderson was viscious. i was glad bisping got ktfo. it was about time he shut up, literally. and yeah bisping is nowhere nearhendo's level.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Rashard & Rampage had a Brawl at ringside? anyone confirm?
Yeah but it wasn't really a brawl...Rampage just went up to him and humped his leg and that was it....

henderson-bisping-gif.gif

Geez... that was vicious.

i have nothing against it (he looked like he was trying to finish the fight) but ... geez.

Originally Posted by acekilla408

what is fedor's full name?
emelianenko fedor but according to wikipedia his full name is Fedor Vladimirovich Emelianenko

^^ thanks for the link biff. I wanted to see that Jones fight that was untelevised.

The day GSP moves up to 185 to fight Spider is the day he loses. Its not a knock on GSP as he has clearly shown that he is the premiere 170lber in the world,and quite possibly the best P4P fighter out there. That being said, Anderson will take him out to the woodshed if GSP decides to move up. Too small.

^ that Hendo KO of Bisping. All I can say is that I am glad I bought the PPV in HD. It may be months before that gets deleted from my DVR. (stole this fromSherdog but...) I think I need to watch that KO every morning when I get ready for work just so I can start off each day with a smile on my face.

that Hendo KO of Bisping. All I can say is that I am glad I bought the PPV in HD. It may be months before that gets deleted from my DVR. (stole this from Sherdog but...) I think I need to watch that KO every morning when I get ready for work just so I can start off each day with a smile on my face.

same here and I guess now is a good a time as any to show the noobies what Hendo did is nothing new..

ae916b140c1de33f48dfafdeb72019745285d986.gif

ba11673526eaab33c09f744.gif

2q9z7fb.gif

ufc6clashofthetitansdvd.gif

matthewriddle.gif

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Silva KO Dan did back on Pride 33(one of my favorite cards of all time)
danhendowandygif4533.gif

peep Randleman at the 2:40 mark..it all goes downhill from there

Some guys wont stop till the ref gets them off...some guys wont stop till the ref wrestles them off...some guys don't know their opponent is out and someguys just want to make sure they won

Peace guys, I'm going on vacation.

that Hendo KO of Bisping. All I can say is that I am glad I bought the PPV in HD. It may be months before that gets deleted from my DVR. (stole this from Sherdog but...) I think I need to watch that KO every morning when I get ready for work just so I can start off each day with a smile on my face.

same here and I guess now is a good a time as any to show the noobies what Hendo did is nothing new..

Some guys wont stop till the ref gets them off...some guys wont stop till the ref wrestles them off...some guys don't know their opponent is out and some guys just want to make sure they won

Doesn't mean it's in the interests of UFC or even the fighters.

One bad injury and the sanctioning bodies will be all over MMA.

The thing is there are quality fighters who seem to not do that type of thing and others who do.

Some guys wont stop till the ref gets them off...some guys wont stop till the ref wrestles them off...some guys don't know their opponent is out and some guys just want to make sure they won

The thing is there are quality fighters who seem to not do that type of thing and others who do.

Agreed. And Hendo knew he was knocked out, even admitting to Rogan. It would've been horrible if Bisping was seriously hurt. You can killsomeone that way.

Not gonna happen, dude got his jaw broken on TUF and nothing happened. As far as death, 1 reported death in all of MMA history(he had previoushealth conditions and shouldn't have been cleared) so that's not gonna happen.6 deaths happen a year in boxing and its doing fine

Not gonna happen, dude got his jaw broken on TUF and nothing happened. As far as death, 1 reported death in all of MMA history(he had previous health conditions and shouldn't have been cleared) so that's not gonna happen.6 deaths happen a year in boxing and its doing fine

A broken jaw is nothing. Broken bones aren't serious injuries. They're not lasting injuries.
%%$%. Mir broke Sylvia's radius bone while Sylvia was hopped on drugs in that fight.

We're talking lasting injuries here. Brain Damage, paralysis, etc.

MMA does not have the power of an NFL or the History of Boxing (in the US). There'll be a lot of problems if a seriousinjury ever occurs.

I know it's all macho to be like "oh @*$%, that was awesome. hahaha" but if we want that kind of action why even have rules? Let's go back tothe early MMA days where headbutting, groin shots, eye gouging, etc. was allowed.

Back
Top Bottom