Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

They both did. I don't know why people keep thinking Mir talked the most !%#%.

Cause he did. He said he would break his arm yadda yadda yadaa, show him intricacy of BJJ he's never even heard of. Said he would win 99 out of 100, saidhe's like an annoying little sister pulling your hair etc.

Originally Posted by Dips3tRydah

MAIN CARD
Champ Brock Lesnar vs. interim champ Frank Mir (heavyweight title unification)
Champ Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves (for welterweight title)
Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago
Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson
Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher

pimp.gif

What else can I say after last night? Henderson's KO was brutal and satisfying at the same. GSP dominated the way I expected him too and neutralizedThiago's strikes and Lesnar is a beast that learned to control and beat down Frank on the ground. There is no one in the welterweight division that cantake on GSP, he needs to rest up, bulk up and prepare for Silva in the future. Brock is SCARY, the only person in the UFC that can take him right now is Carwinand his power but once Lesnar takes him down, it's good night from there. Fedor NEEDS to come to the UFC if he beats Barnett. I don't see anyone elsepossibly beating Lesnar after last night.

Originally Posted by quik1987

They both did. I don't know why people keep thinking Mir talked the most !%#%.

Cause he did. He said he would break his arm yadda yadda yadaa, show him intricacy of BJJ he's never even heard of. Said he would win 99 out of 100, said he's like an annoying little sister pulling your hair etc.
Brock also said he gave him that leg lock and a bunch of other stuff. Talking +$$# is part of a fight, don't know why people are giving a hardtime to either fighters for talk +$$#. I just find Brock's +$$# talking a little annoying but at the same time I understand why he's doing it.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Joe Silva and the fighters/fighters management are the ones who pick the fights. Joe calls the fighters and gives them a potential list of opponents and both fighters have to agree to fight each other. Dana never handles the match making, he's just the hype man.

And boxing's heavyweight division isn't in the state it's in now because of a "hype machine" you keep bringing up. There's just no good heavyweights, at all. Not to mention the two top fighters are brothers and they will never fight each other.

Again, you are really reaching for some Dana bashing considering he's not even the one who makes the match ups.
That's complete %%@**+++.

Of course, there's a lot of speculation on just exactly how manipulative White is when it comes to certain fights/fighters but there's enough evidence out there that that it ain't no Joe Silva who has the final say.
laugh.gif
. Okay. I have seen and trained with fighters who have gone through the whole match making process. Most recently Nate Diaz. I know how this works... You're reaching again. You're going by hearsay while I'm going by facts. White has almost no say on who fights. He may try to sway the fighter towards a certain opponent, but that's it. Just stop, I've been pretty respectful towards your opinions so far but this is getting ridiculous... If every fan had your mindset MMA would be horrible shape and it would never be as big as it is. Please stop trying to pass off your conspiracy stories as facts
happy.gif

First, I just generally don't believe most of the "i know this person and that person" talk because we all know how that goes.

If White wouldn't be doing what many claim him to do then, you're right, the UFC wouldn't be as big as it is now and he wouldn't be a greatbusinessman (which he is).

All I'm saying is. Take the UFC for what it is.
If we want to discuss the merits of UFC fighters then we can discuss it in an objective way. We don't need to use UFC hype talking points.

Brock also said he gave him that leg lock and a bunch of other stuff. Talking +$$# is part of a fight, don't know why people are giving a hard time to either fighters for talk +$$#. I just find Brock's +$$# talking a little annoying but at the same time I understand why he's doing it.

Frank Mir has been talking smack for MONTHS, not just during the countdown special. Remember this fight was delayed for about half a year.

Seeing Bisping get knocked out was well worth it

I don't understand how that one judge scored the bout 30-27 for Akiyama

Joe Silva and the fighters/fighters management are the ones who pick the fights. Joe calls the fighters and gives them a potential list of opponents and both fighters have to agree to fight each other. Dana never handles the match making, he's just the hype man.

And boxing's heavyweight division isn't in the state it's in now because of a "hype machine" you keep bringing up. There's just no good heavyweights, at all. Not to mention the two top fighters are brothers and they will never fight each other.

Again, you are really reaching for some Dana bashing considering he's not even the one who makes the match ups.
That's complete %%@**+++.

Of course, there's a lot of speculation on just exactly how manipulative White is when it comes to certain fights/fighters but there's enough evidence out there that that it ain't no Joe Silva who has the final say.
laugh.gif
. Okay. I have seen and trained with fighters who have gone through the whole match making process. Most recently Nate Diaz. I know how this works... You're reaching again. You're going by hearsay while I'm going by facts. White has almost no say on who fights. He may try to sway the fighter towards a certain opponent, but that's it. Just stop, I've been pretty respectful towards your opinions so far but this is getting ridiculous... If every fan had your mindset MMA would be horrible shape and it would never be as big as it is. Please stop trying to pass off your conspiracy stories as facts
happy.gif
First, I just generally don't believe most of the "i know this person and that person" talk because we all know how that goes.

If White wouldn't be doing what many claim him to do then, you're right, the UFC wouldn't be as big as it is now and he wouldn't be a great businessman (which he is).

All I'm saying is. Take the UFC for what it is.
If we want to discuss the merits of UFC fighters then we can discuss it in an objective way. We don't need to use UFC hype talking points.

You don't have to believe it, but even if you don't believe the hearsay you hear isn't any different from mine. I'd rather take myword then the I Hate Dana White crap that gets spewed on in places like sherpup everyday. It's not like I'm saying I'm a pro fighter
laugh.gif
. I'm just a sparring partner for people who want me and I happen to live inthe NorCal area. It really isn't that hard to know pro fighters, they're not Brad Pitt
laugh.gif

I'm still trying to figure out what you by taking the UFC for what it is...

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

What's with all the hate for Brock?
Hes the bad guy. People are supposed to hate him...

Hes not a very likable person. Regardless of whether or not he can fight people are gonna hate on lesnar.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Brock also said he gave him that leg lock and a bunch of other stuff. Talking +$$# is part of a fight, don't know why people are giving a hard time to either fighters for talk +$$#. I just find Brock's +$$# talking a little annoying but at the same time I understand why he's doing it.

Frank Mir has been talking smack for MONTHS, not just during the countdown special. Remember this fight was delayed for about half a year.
it's all an act.
Folks who were at the UFC photoshoot said that Brock and Mir were talking to each other in a friendly manner.

You don't have to believe it, but even if you don't believe the hearsay you hear isn't any different from mine. I'd rather take my word then the I Hate Dana White crap that gets spewed on in places like sherpup everyday. It's not like I'm saying I'm a pro fighter
laugh.gif
. I'm just a sparring partner for people who want me and I happen to live in the NorCal area. It really isn't that hard to know pro fighters, they're not Brad Pitt
laugh.gif

Where did I say that I hate Dana White?
I've praised him for being a good businessman and his accomplishment in bringing the UFC to a wider audience (which is the goal of a business, no?).

When I say take the UFC for what it is, I mean that the UFC is in the business of Entertainment and making a profit and those are White's goals. '

You don't have to believe it, but even if you don't believe the hearsay you hear isn't any different from mine. I'd rather take my word then the I Hate Dana White crap that gets spewed on in places like sherpup everyday. It's not like I'm saying I'm a pro fighter
laugh.gif
. I'm just a sparring partner for people who want me and I happen to live in the NorCal area. It really isn't that hard to know pro fighters, they're not Brad Pitt
laugh.gif

I've praised him for being a good businessman and his accomplishment in bringing the UFC to a wider audience (which is the goal of a business, no?).

When I say take the UFC for what it is, I mean that the UFC is in the business of Entertainment and making a profit and those are White's goals. '

I'm done after this because this way to long to put effort on a topic like this. You don't have to outright say you hate Dana to come offthat way... Like I said, if you want to continue to think that there's some kind of conspiracy or something with Dana then go right ahead... You're arejust as bad for the sport with these types of opinions then Dana ever will be. Okay, I'm done, sorry to everyone else for dragging this along as much as Ihave
tired.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm done after this because this way to long to put effort on a topic like this. You don't have to outright say you hate Dana to come off that way... Like I said, if you want to continue to think that there's some kind of conspiracy or something with Dana then go right ahead... You're are just as bad for the sport with these types of opinions then Dana ever will be. Okay, I'm done, sorry to everyone else for dragging this along as much as I have
tired.gif

Alright.
The UFC is a business though. Not a sport.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Hes not a very likable person. Regardless of whether or not he can fight people are gonna hate on lesnar.
I don't have a problem with Brock

How did he get this "bad guy" character anyways wasn't Frank Mir the one doing the talking?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm done after this because this way to long to put effort on a topic like this. You don't have to outright say you hate Dana to come off that way... Like I said, if you want to continue to think that there's some kind of conspiracy or something with Dana then go right ahead... You're are just as bad for the sport with these types of opinions then Dana ever will be. Okay, I'm done, sorry to everyone else for dragging this along as much as I have
tired.gif
Alright.
The UFC is a business though. Not a sport.

Give me a single professional sports league that isn't a business that anyone even remotely cares about.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Originally Posted by drock2010

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I don't have a problem with Brock

How did he get this "bad guy" character anyways wasn't Frank Mir the one doing the talking?
I would have to say flicking off the fans has a lot to do with it
laugh.gif
. He's the type to feed off that kind of energy.

[h1]UFC president Dana White says EA Sports responsible for current MMA video game war[/h1]
by John Morgan on Jul 12, 2009 at 3:00 pm ET

ea-sports.jpg
UFC president Dana White has a simple message for fighters dreaming of competing in the world-famous octagon: Don't do business with EA Sports.

In an edict that started as a rumor on internet message boards, White stated after Saturday's historic UFC 100 event that he was "at war" with the popular video-game developers and that those that side with EA Sports will find themselves out of the UFC's good graces.

But perhaps surprising to some, White insists it was EA Sports that fired the first salvo in the still-developing controversy.

"It's easy to sit on the other side of the table and judge me on how I react to stuff like this," White said. "But let me tell you what - I've been in the trenches for almost 10 years, and I've been dealing with all these businesses, and EA was one of them."

EA Sports holds the publishing rights for several of the market's most successful sports-related video games, including the Madden NFL, FIFA, NASCAR and Tiger Woods PGA series. White said the UFC had hoped to join the ranks of those titles, but the Canadian-based EA Sports declined to discuss the possibility.

"EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport,'" White said. "'We wouldn't touch this thing. We want nothing to do with this.'"

With EA Sports passing on the rights to the UFC's video game license, rival software company THQ elected to partner with mixed martial arts' biggest promotion. The company's first effort, "UFC Undisputed 2009," has shipped approximately 2 million units since its May release according to White, and the fiery exec is upset that EA Sports is now changing their tune with the recent announcement of a forthcoming "EA Sports MMA" title.

"We put our %+@#% on the line, THQ and the UFC, to make a video-game deal in the worst economy in the world," White said. "We go out there and do this thing, and it's successful, and now [expletive] EA Sports wants to do a video game. Really? That's not what you told us a year-and-a-half ago.

"You told us you'd never be in business with us. They wouldn't even take a meeting because mixed martial arts disgusted them. This wasn't a real sport. Boy, that got over that real quick, didn't they?"

White views EA Sports' tactics with obvious disapproval, and he's made it clear that any fighter who signs over their likeness to the new project will be blacklisted from the UFC.

"I'm not tap-dancing around this thing or whatever," White said. "I'm telling you straight-up, I'm at war with them right now. That's how I look at it."

While former UFC champion and currently contracted UFC fighter Randy Couture is expected to appear in the EA Sports offering - a matter White says the company worked through with "The Natural" during a recent court appearance - the UFC president said not to expect that trend to continue.

"You won't be in the UFC," White said about additional fighters who sign with EA Sports.

Despite reports that Nick Diaz, Mohammed "King Mo" Lawal, Jason "Mayhem" Miller and Jake Shields - all potential targets to fight for the UFC in the future - have agreed to appear in the EA Sports title, White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he's not sure who the software company has secured for the upcoming MMA game.

But White remains firm in his decision, and he believes he's doing it for the right reasons.

"You know what the difference is?" White asked. "I'm in the mixed martial arts business. EA isn't.

"EA doesn't give a [expletive] about mixed martial arts. They made that very clear."

John Morgan is the lead staff reporter for MMAjunkie.com.

It makes tons of sense, now.

Thats Classic for Electronic Arts...

I hate their business standards and practices. and im a guy who has purchased every NCAA FOotball game they have ever made.
smh.gif

"You know what the difference is?" White asked. "I'm in the mixed martial arts business. EA isn't.

"EA doesn't give a [expletive] about mixed martial arts. They made that very clear."

EA takes that same attitude with the other Sports, Dana shouldnt feel so preturbed about it tho.
EA is in the business to boslter their profit margin, and thats it.

I hope Dana is successful with this powerplay he is making, it would set EA on its $%! if the best fighters in MMA not in UFC couldnt sign there in fear of notever being able to compete in UFC

When is Rampage supposed to fight again?

Why does he take such long breaks in between his bouts?

Also, I was reading this thread and Bastitch said that Machida won a belt or became a champion or something, but when did he beat Rashard Evans?

Sorry I've been out of the loop for a minute since Rampage vs. Wanderlei...

^ wow, machida made rashad look silly and knocked him out cold. Rampage is fighting Evans instead of machida and people are saying rampage is scared whichisn't the case. He fought a prime chuck and prime wanderlei, igor, shogun etc...

Rampage Vs Rashard in december. Rampage and Rashard are the coach on the new season of The Ultimate Fighter.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Also, I was reading this thread and Bastitch said that Machida won a belt or became a champion or something, but when did he beat Rashard Evans?

Machida put a whooping on Rashad at UFC 98...

Round 1 was a waiting game from both guys

Round 2 was Machida throwing some kicks to get Rashad to engage then he hurt him and put him out with like 8-10 shots right to his mouth

youre going to be waiting a while, soonest is going to be the first ppv once the new season of ultimate fighter ends cause he's coaching against rashad

Evans vs Jackson UFC 107

Evans lost to Machida at UFC 98

Back
Top Bottom