Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Thats Classic for Electronic Arts...

I hate their business standards and practices. and im a guy who has purchased every NCAA FOotball game they have ever made.
smh.gif

"You know what the difference is?" White asked. "I'm in the mixed martial arts business. EA isn't.

"EA doesn't give a [expletive] about mixed martial arts. They made that very clear."

EA takes that same attitude with the other Sports, Dana shouldnt feel so preturbed about it tho.
EA is in the business to boslter their profit margin, and thats it.

I hope Dana is successful with this powerplay he is making, it would set EA on its $%! if the best fighters in MMA not in UFC couldnt sign there in fear of not ever being able to compete in UFC
I hope Dana's not serious about giving fighters the boot for signing with EA. I've been hopin to see Diaz, Shields, or even Lawler back inthe UFC. All of which will prolly end up in EA's game

Everyone thanks for the update and looking out and answering the questions that I asked...

Okay now onto a little bit more questions
laugh.gif

Okay this Machida dude is he for real or will his reign be short lived... I'm saying this because I read some posts on here about his style, which isKarate, not being able to mess with the other styles of fighting in MMA...

Karate being the weakest, and wackest out off all MMA fighting styles was what was said by some of you guys on here...

As you can tell I'm not professionally in depth with the sport like most of you are on here and can kick a lot of knowledge about the sport and differentstyles...

Can't believe Evans lost I thought that he was going to reign supreme for a minute... guess not... this Machida dude seems to have came out of nowhere...well for me at least...

Originally Posted by NikeMax

I hate their business standards and practices. and im a guy who has purchased every NCAA FOotball game they have ever made.
smh.gif

"You know what the difference is?" White asked. "I'm in the mixed martial arts business. EA isn't.

"EA doesn't give a [expletive] about mixed martial arts. They made that very clear."

EA takes that same attitude with the other Sports, Dana shouldnt feel so preturbed about it tho.

I hope Dana is successful with this powerplay he is making, it would set EA on its $%! if the best fighters in MMA not in UFC couldnt sign there in fear of not ever being able to compete in UFC
I hope Dana's not serious about giving fighters the boot for signing with EA. I've been hopin to see Diaz, Shields, or even Lawler back in the UFC. All of which will prolly end up in EA's game

Someone asked Dana at the fan expo during the F&Q session, about Lawler and Diaz coming back to the UFC..he said he would be suprised if Both were NOT backin the UFC sometime soon... also said the same thing about Fedor... so take it for what its worth.

Yes machida has a background in karate but so does gsp and frank Mir. It's not like the old days where a guy just uses karate, machida implements theevasive tactics from karate and it works in mma. He also has jiujitsu and great wrestling which is why he should be a champ for a long time.

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

smh.gif

I hope Dana's not serious about giving fighters the boot for signing with EA. I've been hopin to see Diaz, Shields, or even Lawler back in the UFC. All of which will prolly end up in EA's game

Someone asked Dana at the fan expo during the F&Q session, about Lawler and Diaz coming back to the UFC..he said he would be suprised if Both were NOT back in the UFC sometime soon... also said the same thing about Fedor... so take it for what its worth.

That's good to hear! Lawler has vastly improved (ignore his last fight) since he left. Him and Diaz need a rematch.

And Fedor.....I'll believe it when I see it. He's been sayin that for how many years now?

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Everyone thanks for the update and looking out and answering the questions that I asked...

laugh.gif

Okay this Machida dude is he for real or will his reign be short lived... I'm saying this because I read some posts on here about his style, which is Karate, not being able to mess with the other styles of fighting in MMA...

Karate being the weakest, and wackest out off all MMA fighting styles was what was said by some of you guys on here...

As you can tell I'm not professionally in depth with the sport like most of you are on here and can kick a lot of knowledge about the sport and different styles...

Can't believe Evans lost I thought that he was going to reign supreme for a minute... guess not... this Machida dude seems to have came out of nowhere... well for me at least...

Itll take an excellent gameplan and some good luck to take down Machida IMO... I think Shogun Rua is gonna be his first title defense...

People who criticize Machida are just mad cause hes so patient which makes for a less exciting fight at times but its all good in my book... hes super smart inthe octagon and picks his shots and stays out of trouble.

from what ive seen of him, hitting Lyoto with a punch or high kick is like trying to swat a fly with your fist... dude is always on the ready and as soon as hedetects something coming his head is on the move and outta the way, which i think is sick.

try to DL UFC 98 Evans vs Machida... or Tito Ortiz vs Machida... not even Tito could take down Lyoto...

WW division needs an injection of talent. Shields, Diaz, Lawler, etc.

I told everyone to put some cash on my dude JON "bones" JONES!!

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

laugh.gif

Okay this Machida dude is he for real or will his reign be short lived... I'm saying this because I read some posts on here about his style, which is Karate, not being able to mess with the other styles of fighting in MMA...

As you can tell I'm not professionally in depth with the sport like most of you are on here and can kick a lot of knowledge about the sport and different styles...

Can't believe Evans lost I thought that he was going to reign supreme for a minute... guess not... this Machida dude seems to have came out of nowhere... well for me at least...

Itll take an excellent gameplan and some good luck to take down Machida IMO... I think Shogun Rua is gonna be his first title defense...

People who criticize Machida are just mad cause hes so patient which makes for a less exciting fight at times but its all good in my book... hes super smart in the octagon and picks his shots and stays out of trouble.

from what ive seen of him, hitting Lyoto with a punch or high kick is like trying to swat a fly with your fist... dude is always on the ready and as soon as he detects something coming his head is on the move and outta the way, which i think is sick.

try to DL UFC 98 Evans vs Machida... or Tito Ortiz vs Machida... not even Tito could take down Lyoto...

Machida is one of my favorite fighters right up there with Hendo and Coture. The thing about his Karate background is that it was his foundation and he'sjust been building upon it cuz quite frankly if he was using bare Karate tactics he would have been the laughing stock of the UFC. His most impressive talentis his fighting intelligence in not being hit...I think I heard Rogan say that statistically Machida has taken the least amount of hits than anyone else in theUFC. Dudes stance is also one of his best tactics because its so open which with him dodging/moving back/running around the ring
laugh.gif
and making his opponents come to him he's able to put more momentum/powerin his punches. I especially like his throws/trips to take it to the ground cuz its so fluid just like GSP's.

The dude got skills plain and simple.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

laugh.gif

People who criticize Machida are just mad cause hes so patient which makes for a less exciting fight at times but its all good in my book... hes super smart in the octagon and picks his shots and stays out of trouble.

from what ive seen of him, hitting Lyoto with a punch or high kick is like trying to swat a fly with your fist... dude is always on the ready and as soon as he detects something coming his head is on the move and outta the way, which i think is sick.

Machida is one of my favorite fighters right up there with Hendo and Coture. The thing about his Karate background is that it was his foundation and he's just been building upon it cuz quite frankly if he was using bare Karate tactics he would have been the laughing stock of the UFC. His most impressive talent is his fighting intelligence in not being hit...I think I heard Rogan say that statistically Machida has taken the least amount of hits than anyone else in the UFC. Dudes stance is also one of his best tactics because its so open which with him dodging/moving back/running around the ring
laugh.gif
and making his opponents come to him he's able to put more momentum/power in his punches. I especially like his throws/trips to take it to the ground cuz its so fluid just like GSP's.

It'll also take a fighter as patient as Machida. The fight may move a little slow for the first round or two so they have to be prepared tonot cave into the pressure of "giving fans what they want"

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

laugh.gif

Machida is one of my favorite fighters right up there with Hendo and Coture. The thing about his Karate background is that it was his foundation and he's just been building upon it cuz quite frankly if he was using bare Karate tactics he would have been the laughing stock of the UFC. His most impressive talent is his fighting intelligence in not being hit...I think I heard Rogan say that statistically Machida has taken the least amount of hits than anyone else in the UFC. Dudes stance is also one of his best tactics because its so open which with him dodging/moving back/running around the ring
laugh.gif
and making his opponents come to him he's able to put more momentum/power in his punches. I especially like his throws/trips to take it to the ground cuz its so fluid just like GSP's.

It'll also take a fighter as patient as Machida. The fight may move a little slow for the first round or two so they have to be prepared to not cave into the pressure of "giving fans what they want"

Go back and watch Evans vs Machida...

Rashad tried his hardest to let Machida come to him, there was almost NO action in the first 4 minutes of that fight, Machida threw the first strike with ahigh kick then got back out of striking range.

Rashad was trying to faint/fake Lyoto to death which only allowed Lyoto to pick his punches and kicks and it ended with Suga's jaw hanging down to hischest getting peppered with fists.

Checked out some footage of this Machida dude on Youtube... I need to see more fights with him to see if he's really the real deal... would love to see himversus Rampage...

Lyoto is good as they come. beat alot of the best guys. His Shotokan Karate style is just hard to deal with..and when you least expect it he will strike fastand end the fight. whether it be a knee or ko punch. His Karate gives him great accuracy and timing. His Sumo always prevails and his bjj is top notch. Greatin all areas. Ive been following his fights since I heard there was a karate guy in the Lhw's. Gotta respect the TMAs.

Nice win by Lesner, good to see him playing the heel as well. I think MMA would be helped by wrestling influence of the theater aspect, heels v faces,storylines, etc. Just don't script the match and you are good. Hopefully Heyman comes out with Brock for his next fight

And that punch by Henderson, that was jacked up to do that. That kind of crap is going to get someone seriously hurt/killed and hurt the business, encouragethe naysayers.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

You don't have to believe it, but even if you don't believe the hearsay you hear isn't any different from mine. I'd rather take my word then the I Hate Dana White crap that gets spewed on in places like sherpup everyday. It's not like I'm saying I'm a pro fighter
laugh.gif
. I'm just a sparring partner for people who want me and I happen to live in the NorCal area. It really isn't that hard to know pro fighters, they're not Brad Pitt
laugh.gif

I'm still trying to figure out what you by taking the UFC for what it is...

Where did I say that I hate Dana White?
I've praised him for being a good businessman and his accomplishment in bringing the UFC to a wider audience (which is the goal of a business, no?).

When I say take the UFC for what it is, I mean that the UFC is in the business of Entertainment and making a profit and those are White's goals. '
I'm done after this because this way to long to put effort on a topic like this. You don't have to outright say you hate Dana to come off that way... Like I said, if you want to continue to think that there's some kind of conspiracy or something with Dana then go right ahead... You're are just as bad for the sport with these types of opinions then Dana ever will be. Okay, I'm done, sorry to everyone else for dragging this along as much as I have
tired.gif
Alright.
The UFC is a business though. Not a sport.
Give me a single professional sports league that isn't a business that anyone even remotely cares about.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

That's the point.
laugh.gif

If we recognize is at as business (which everyone should) then can we have some sensible arguments about the fighters and their true abilities/rankings. (thisis not necessarily directed at you Bastich).

Originally Posted by dmxfury

And that punch by Henderson, that was jacked up to do that. That kind of crap is going to get someone seriously hurt/killed and hurt the business, encourage the naysayers.

Welcome to the world of mma

^^ I was gonna post this vid even before i saw GSP P4P best in the world but Fedor >>>> All

Even GSP knows it.

That last clip in the fight against Arlovski where Fedor pulled the ole "rope a dope" (in the corner) as if he was woozy was just sick.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

Originally Posted by dmxfury

And that punch by Henderson, that was jacked up to do that. That kind of crap is going to get someone seriously hurt/killed and hurt the business, encourage the naysayers.
Welcome to the world of mma

yep, what happened isnt anything new, watch what rampage did to wanderlei and chuck

^^
laugh.gif
yea i know... Wanderlei Silva did that to someone too... i forget which fight it was, i wanna say Liddell

He backed up almost all the way across the ring and bounced off the fence a little while the other guy was coming forward and started firing off shots

^^
laugh.gif
yea i know... Wanderlei Silva did that to someone too... i forget which fight it was, i wanna say Liddell

He backed up almost all the way across the ring and bounced off the fence a little while the other guy was coming forward and started firing off shots
Doing it in such proximity to Arlovski ( who prob has the fastest hands of any HW) took balls and a lot of confidence.
laugh.gif

One thing about Fedor also. His strikes are very accurate.

I was right about Wanderlei vs Liddell....

1:15 mark

I cant wait to see Fedor fight Lesnar and destroy him.

Lesnar stands no chance unless he gets lucky and catches him with a big shot and can finish.

Fedors been rocked before and clearly stumbling but he finds a way to get himself back in the right mind and finish the fight.

Back
Top Bottom