Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Yea...

I think James Irvin has had multiple highlight reel KO's where hes just popped someone and started struttin before they hit the ground...

Its just part of the game right now... hopefully nothing bad happens for the sake of the organization and the sport but as a fan i have no problem with"playing to the whistle" if you will...

Ill leave it at that, next discussion topic pleaaaaase

[h1]UFC 100 fighters salaries: Lesnar and St. Pierre get top paydays in $1.8 million payroll[/h1]
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jul 13, 2009 at 1:15 pm ET
georges-st-pierre-9.jpg
UFC 100's two successful title defenders, heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and welterweight title-holder Georges St. Pierre, each earned event-high $400,000 paydays from the July 11 event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today requested and received the list of official disclosed salaries from Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer.

UFC 100, which took place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, had a total disclosed payroll of $1,790,000.

The payroll figure does not include a $400,000 that was awarded for "fight night" bonuses that were handed out after the event. Each award winner received a record $100,000.

UFC 100, the UFC's heavily promoted and long-awaited milestone event, drew a soldout crowd estimated at 11,000 and - assuming the preliminary figures hold up - the second-largest gate in UFC history with $5.1 million in ticket sales.

A few disclaimers regarding the salaries can be found below. However, it's also worth noting that fighters such as Lesnar and St. Pierre also earn a portion of the pay-per-view revenue. In fact, Lesnar reportedly will make approximately $3 million from the fight even before the majority of his sponsorship money is tallied.

The full payouts for the event included:

Jon Fitch: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)
def. Paulo Thiago: $8,000

Brock Lesnar: $400,000 (no win bonus)
def. Frank Mir: $45,000

Georges St-Pierre: $400,000 ($200,000 win bonus)
def. Thiago Alves: $60,000

Dan Henderson: $250,00 ($150,000 win bonus)
def. Michael Bisping: $150,000

Yoshihiro Akiyama: $60,000 ($20,000 win bonus)
def. Alan Belcher: $19,000

Mark Coleman: $100,000 ($50,000 win bonus)
def. Stephan Bonnar: $25,000

Jim Miller: $22,000 ($11,000 win bonus)
def. Mac Danzig: $20,000

Jon Jones: $18,000 ($9000 win bonus)
def. Jake O'Brien: $13,000

Dong Hyun Kim: $58,000 ($29,000 win bonus)
def. T.J. Grant: $5,000

Tom Lawlor: $16,000 ($8,000 win bonus)
def. C.B. Dollway: $14,000

Shannon Gugerty: $10,000 ($5,000 win bonus)
def. Matt Grice: $7,000

Now, the usual disclaimer: The figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter's income. They also do not include any other "locker room" or special bonuses the UFC oftentimes pays.

For example, as discussed above, the figures above do not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses. The UFC awarded $100,000 each to Akiyama and Belcher (Fight of the Night), Henderson (KO of the Night) and Lawlor (Submission of the Night).

In other words, the above salary figures are simply base salaries reported to the commission and do not reflect entire compensation packages for the event.

For our complete, industry leading coverage of UFC 100, check out the UFC Events section of MMAjunkie.com.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

What Sokoudjou did should get you suspended... dont know if ive ever seen anyone blatantly go after a downed opponent like that with the ref in between both fighters.

2:40 mark

Ain't nothing wrong with that. He just releasing some frustration.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Man chill lol, Im not mad and you shouldnt be either.

I was responding to Sylvia being "Hopped up on painkillers" like you were saying he couldnt feel anything at all like he was on some horse PK's or something
laugh.gif

I dont care if someone called you ignorant, i acknowledged that painkillers are surely used and youre right about that, to me it was just that you made it look like these guys jack themselves up on some crazy stuff so they feel no pain like the goin out to fight Chung Li from bloodsport
laugh.gif

btw any arguing like this that goes on in the sports forum is about as common as pollen in june
laugh.gif

its just talkin, no one gettin mad. S&T =
pimp.gif
I understand. It's just that it's frustrating to defend yourself against something you never even claimed in the first place (being pro or anti painkillers in mma).
laugh.gif

btw, look up when Parisian tested positive for painkillers. It was the who's who of painkillers.
laugh.gif

wawaweewa -
I may be wrong, but the way I interpreted it, you werent being called out on your argument for or against painkillers. I think it is due to your assumptionthat Sylvia was hopped up on drugs because its impossible for any man to experience that kind of pain and keep on going. (correct me if i am wrong) but thatMir. v. Sylvia fight took place in Vegas and was sanctioned by the NSAC. As such, those fighters would (or should) have been tested for PED's and/orpainkillers. Hell Big Timmy tested positive for something PRIOR to the Mir fight if I'm not mistaken and served his suspension. Furthermore, I think theMir fight was his first (or maybe 2nd?) fight coming off of suspension. Do you really think a man whos been suspended for PED's is going to get jacked upon other drugs prior to his 1st return bout? I mean Timmy is dumb, but he aint THAT dumb. I mean I can't say with 100% certainty since my name isn'tTim Sylvia nor do I work for the NSAC. I am atleast95% sure that Sylvia was not on any drug (or else he would have tested positive for it) and it is recklessfor you to make that accusation without any evidence or merit. As such, someone called you out for making that ignorant and baseless statement and trying topass it off as fact.

I may be in the minority here (actually it seems split pretty evenly) but I got no problems with what Hendo did. I don't fight myself so I can onlymake assumptions based on what I read or hear to get an idea of what is going on in a fighters head. As far as I'm concerned, you fight til you hear thebell or the ref physically signals that the fight is over (either by grabbing you, jumping between you, waving his arms in front of you, what have you). In my1st argument I pointed to the Guida v. Sanchez fight and will do so again here. When he caught Guida flush with that high kick, Guida toppled over like a treetimberrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! but IMMEDIATELY got back to his senses. If you watch the Hendo/Bisping fight again in real time, there was VERY LITTLE time inbetween landing that first punch and Hendo immediately pouncing to land that 2nd hit. Hell, if anything, when Bisping hits the floor (and his head bounces offthe mat) the sheer momentum of it causes his arms to flail almost as if he is still coherent and trying to defend his head. Watching it in slo mo over andover obviously makes it more apparant that he was out cold, but in a real time situation when you are just focused on your opponent and finishing the fight, Ihave to imagine that it is VERY difficult bordering on impossible to make the right call everytime (in determining whether he is out or not) in a split second.

Honestly, I will be the first to admit that I took extra joy in it because Bisping is such a douche, but hell even if it happened to one of my favoritefighters like BJ, I would think its still a fair and clean shot.

I may be in the minority here (actually it seems split pretty evenly) but I got no problems with what Hendo did. I don't fight myself so I can only make assumptions based on what I read or hear to get an idea of what is going on in a fighters head. As far as I'm concerned, you fight til you hear the bell or the ref physically signals that the fight is over (either by grabbing you, jumping between you, waving his arms in front of you, what have you). In my 1st argument I pointed to the Guida v. Sanchez fight and will do so again here. When he caught Guida flush with that high kick, Guida toppled over like a tree timberrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! but IMMEDIATELY got back to his senses. If you watch the Hendo/Bisping fight again in real time, there was VERY LITTLE time in between landing that first punch and Hendo immediately pouncing to land that 2nd hit. Hell, if anything, when Bisping hits the floor (and his head bounces off the mat) the sheer momentum of it causes his arms to flail almost as if he is still coherent and trying to defend his head. Watching it in slo mo over and over obviously makes it more apparant that he was out cold, but in a real time situation when you are just focused on your opponent and finishing the fight, I have to imagine that it is VERY difficult bordering on impossible to make the right call everytime (in determining whether he is out or not) in a split second.
See, I would agree with all this, but Hendo himself said he knew he was knocked out. That's what's getting me. Come down with some hammerfist or something, but don't jump in the air and try to land, a, a, I don't even know what to call it. You can kill someone rather easily with whatHendo did, why does that not bother some of you?...

I might be wrong but i think the chance of killing someone that way is pretty low... like, really low... id imagine itd have to be some sort of freak accident.

I might be wrong but i think the chance of killing someone that way is pretty low... like, really low... id imagine itd have to be some sort of freak accident.
It depends. It's subjective to placement, force, thickness of a person's skull, etc. So the chance can be really low or really high. Andit's not really the breaking of the skull that can kill someone. It's more the force can sever the spinal column or cause a brain hemorrhage. It'ssubjective, but we're dealing with a trained fighter against an unconscious body.

All the people who are saying why did he keep on hitting him is STUPID. This is a fight hendo was in to win he did whatever he can do to win it and there wasbad blood between them its not like they were friends he told everyone in the interview he wanted to shut him up which he did BADLY. He just did that punch toput a point on the fight showing he ment business. Also the reason other people hit the opponet while they were down is because they train MONTHS for the fightim pretty sure the last thing you are thinking about is if i hit him again is he gonna die? They just keep hitting until the ref stops it and they never know.In conclusion I HATE BROCK and he needs to get killed he is proving to me that you can be strong and good at wrestling to win....

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Man chill lol, Im not mad and you shouldnt be either.

I was responding to Sylvia being "Hopped up on painkillers" like you were saying he couldnt feel anything at all like he was on some horse PK's or something
laugh.gif

I dont care if someone called you ignorant, i acknowledged that painkillers are surely used and youre right about that, to me it was just that you made it look like these guys jack themselves up on some crazy stuff so they feel no pain like the goin out to fight Chung Li from bloodsport
laugh.gif

btw any arguing like this that goes on in the sports forum is about as common as pollen in june
laugh.gif

its just talkin, no one gettin mad. S&T =
pimp.gif
I understand. It's just that it's frustrating to defend yourself against something you never even claimed in the first place (being pro or anti painkillers in mma).
laugh.gif

btw, look up when Parisian tested positive for painkillers. It was the who's who of painkillers.
laugh.gif

wawaweewa -
I may be wrong, but the way I interpreted it, you werent being called out on your argument for or against painkillers. I think it is due to your assumption that Sylvia was hopped up on drugs because its impossible for any man to experience that kind of pain and keep on going. (correct me if i am wrong) but that Mir. v. Sylvia fight took place in Vegas and was sanctioned by the NSAC. As such, those fighters would (or should) have been tested for PED's and/or painkillers. Hell Big Timmy tested positive for something PRIOR to the Mir fight if I'm not mistaken and served his suspension. Furthermore, I think the Mir fight was his first (or maybe 2nd?) fight coming off of suspension. Do you really think a man whos been suspended for PED's is going to get jacked up on other drugs prior to his 1st return bout? I mean Timmy is dumb, but he aint THAT dumb. I mean I can't say with 100% certainty since my name isn't Tim Sylvia nor do I work for the NSAC. I am atleast95% sure that Sylvia was not on any drug (or else he would have tested positive for it) and it is reckless for you to make that accusation without any evidence or merit. As such, someone called you out for making that ignorant and baseless statement and trying to pass it off as fact.

It's not impossible for someone to bear the pain but I said, and it was evident, that Sylvia didn't even flinch. He was even trying topersuade the ref that his arm wasn't broken. A person in a normal state would react to a broken bone.

Look at the video again. You can't tell me that's in any way a normal reaction for an individual even with a high pain threshold. I've been aroundenough people who do use pretty strong painkillers in competitions to know what they're reactions are to severe pain.

All I'm going to say about testing is that if it was full proof than individuals wouldn't try to cheat in the first place.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

All the people who are saying why did he keep on hitting him is STUPID. This is a fight hendo was in to win he did whatever he can do to win it and there was bad blood between them its not like they were friends he told everyone in the interview he wanted to shut him up which he did BADLY. He just did that punch to put a point on the fight showing he ment business. Also the reason other people hit the opponet while they were down is because they train MONTHS for the fight im pretty sure the last thing you are thinking about is if i hit him again is he gonna die? They just keep hitting until the ref stops it and they never know. In conclusion I HATE BROCK and he needs to get killed he is proving to me that you can be strong and good at wrestling to win....
I think we've already went through that Hendo knew he was out and purposely gave him a hard shot not to finish him considering he was alreadyout... I know this is MMA and it's a physical sport, but can we stop with this meat head mentality...

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

All the people who are saying why did he keep on hitting him is STUPID. This is a fight hendo was in to win he did whatever he can do to win it and there was bad blood between them its not like they were friends he told everyone in the interview he wanted to shut him up which he did BADLY. He just did that punch to put a point on the fight showing he ment business. Also the reason other people hit the opponet while they were down is because they train MONTHS for the fight im pretty sure the last thing you are thinking about is if i hit him again is he gonna die? They just keep hitting until the ref stops it and they never know. In conclusion I HATE BROCK and he needs to get killed he is proving to me that you can be strong and good at wrestling to win....
I think we've already went through that Hendo knew he was out and purposely gave him a hard shot not to finish him considering he was already out... I know this is MMA and it's a physical sport, but can we stop with this meat head mentality...
+1

Hearing people's responses to this is pretty disgusting.

These are the same people who would love to see humans fight animals ala the late Roman Days or laughed when Clemens threw at Piazza's head.
What's with the bloodlust?

You want to go see some real fights where people get hurt? Go get yourselves into prison and then you can have all the "brawl to the death" fightsthat you want.

It's just like the demented bunch in Nascar who watch it strictly for the crashes.

Im not lusting for blood. And im not trying to see anyone but Russell Crowe fight a tiger...

Im just not outraged by what happens, and i feel like the reaction from the people who are upset is more caused by the dramatic nature of him leaving his feetto deliver the blow more than the fact that he hit him after he was KO'd.

Btw... I dont think saying that its all gravy for inmates to fight each other to the death is a very good example for this argument
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Im just not outraged by what happens, and i feel like the reaction from the people who are upset is more caused by the dramatic nature of him leaving his feet to deliver the blow more than the fact that he hit him after he was KO'd.
That's what I've been saying. I have no problem with fighter following up a KO considering the ref hasn't stopped the fight, but thatwas OD.

I think we've already went through that Hendo knew he was out and purposely gave him a hard shot not to finish him considering he was already out... I know this is MMA and it's a physical sport, but can we stop with this meat head mentality...
Man not everyone gets it, and they're never going to, I've accepted it.

IMO, it was unacceptable because Hendo has been doing this too long, and I'll never believe he didn't notice Bisping was OUT.

Matter of fact, I kind of hold the referee responsible again, because I've seen fights stopped for WAY less than that (example: Paulo Thiago v. JoshKoscheck).

Bisping had stiffen up by the time Hendo was following through with the FIRST punch.

One of these days, someone is going to get put into a coma with one of these late, unnecessary shots, and our sport will be under fire all over again.

if dan gets suspended then he gets suspended, if he doesnt then he doesnt, either way its no big deal

yeah dan knew he was out but so was james irvin right after anderson caught his kick and blasted him with the cross and then continued to throw 7 or 8 morepunches, what theyre doing isnt malicious - however that clip of sokujou was definitely malicious

i think people are just making way too big of a deal over that one punch, its not like he continued to hit him after the ref stopped him, that easily couldhave been a flash KO but it wasnt because bisping looked away
smh.gif
right as thepunch was thrown

Originally Posted by doyung9

Matter of fact, I kind of hold the referee responsible again, because I've seen fights stopped for WAY less than that (example: Paulo Thiago v. Josh Koscheck).

u cant really blame the referee because he ran there as fast as he could and as soon as he saw that bisping was out, they try to position themselves with theaction as best as possible but they can never predict whats going to happen

i think one of the problems is that people want to view mma like its boxing (which it isnt) where in boxing if u knock your opponent to the ground u have tolet him up so he can go through the standing 10 count, in mma thats not the case, u go after him, what do wesee everytime in mma when one fighter knocks down the other, the first fighter going after the second on the ground because theyre taught to go after them

Im just not outraged by what happens, and i feel like the reaction from the people who are upset is more caused by the dramatic nature of him leaving his feet to deliver the blow more than the fact that he hit him after he was KO'd.
That's what I've been saying. I have no problem with fighter following up a KO considering the ref hasn't stopped the fight, but that was OD.

I don't even think it was that dramatic.

I can think of two situations that happened in a more "traditional" sequence, but are just as "bad" as what Hendo did:

Cro Cop vs. Dos Caras

And Matt Hammill vs. Mark Munoz (which pains me to say, since Mark's a long time friend).

Both were clearly out.� Both took additional shots to the grill.

But since they weren't as "unique" as Dan Henderson's "John Cena 5 Knickle Shuffle", you won't get the hate it's receiving.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

if dan gets suspended then he gets suspended, if he doesnt then he doesnt, either way its no big deal

yeah dan knew he was out but so was james irvin right after anderson caught his kick and blasted him with the cross and then continued to throw 7 or 8 more punches, what theyre doing isnt malicious - however that clip of sokujou was definitely malicious

i think people are just making way too big of a deal over that one punch, its not like he continued to hit him after the ref stopped him, that easily could have been a flash KO but it wasnt because bisping looked away
smh.gif
right as the punch was thrown
James was still covered up. Bisping was a stiff as a brick...

No one is making that big a deal of it... And it wasn't a flash KO, so what point are you trying to make with that? My head is starting to hurt by sayingit over and over again that Hendo knew that Bisping was out cold. Again, you guys are failing to see the difference between what Hendo did and the otherexamples you guys keep bringing up because they are far from the same thing. Oh well, I give up. Just know I'll be here to say I told you so when somethinglike this happens and it turns out bad... It maybe cool looking and all but when the sport feels the repercusions of a bone head move by a fighter (who shouldknow better) it's not going to be good for the sport. I've said my part, I'm done.

In other news, anybody hear about Faber being unhappy about the money WEC fighters are getting? It seems like the biggest thing with him is that the WECdoesn't have PPV fights and they can't cash out on that. A lot of WEC fighters feel this way.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

yeah dan knew he was out but so was james irvin right after anderson caught his kick and blasted him with the cross and then continued to throw 7 or 8 more punches, what theyre doing isnt malicious - however that clip of sokujou was definitely malicious

i think people are just making way too big of a deal over that one punch, its not like he continued to hit him after the ref stopped him, that easily could have been a flash KO but it wasnt because bisping looked away
smh.gif
right as the punch was thrown
James was still covered up. Bisping was a stiff as a brick...

No one is making that big a deal of it... And it wasn't a flash KO, so what point are you trying to make with that? My head is starting to hurt by saying it over and over again that Hendo knew that Bisping was out cold.

yeah, he knew that he was out cold, but he still went after him because its in the heat of the moment, like i said in the above edited post, u go after himeven when he's on the ground, its not boxing

imo, theres only really one time when u know not to after you're opponent (and even that's debatable) and thats when - you knock your opponent out and his face is actually facing the canvas, i think thats the only time going after youropponent is really questionable

but look at rashad vs chuck, chuck was out cold and facing the canvas but yet rashad still went after him, had the ref not gone inbetween its likely thatrashad could thrown a few more punches

edit - yeah its acting up, the point i keep making about the flash KO is that none of us are knockout experts, a flash ko looks just like a full ko and none ofus can tell the difference until we see the results

Why are people arguing about what Hendo did? They had some bad blood, referree didn't come in their quick enough, there's no rule that says you gottastop fighting because you THINK you knocked your opponent out.

There has been alot of way worse situations where somebody got knocked about another somebody and the referree didn't jump in there quick enough and acouple more shots were fired off at the downed opponent.

If there is some kind of suspension/repremand against Henderson I will be shocked.

Zuffa needs to bring 145 to the UFC. Faber would be such a great pull for them. The dude was made for marketing. Have you seen how the crowd gets when heenters the arena?

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

The ref didn't stop it yet..why stop

MMA guys, what are the chances of GSP vs Anderson Silva?
I'm hoping soon. I think we'll really see something develop if/when Silva gets past Maia/Marquardt/Hendo (depending on who gets the shot).I remember during the telecast Joe Rogan saying something that Joe Silva said winner of Swick/Kampmann will face GSP. Hopefully after those fights, I see noother choice. I can see Dana just saying $%!# it and giving us GSP/Silva for their show at the end of the year.

Anyone have vid of Bispings reaction to the fight yet? i havent seen anything...
Dude's probably still in the hospital. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a broken jaw and a crushed orbital. Or maybe he's not readyto talk about it, he did just get knocked into oblivion a la Sean Salmon/Rashad Evans.

Back
Top Bottom