Official Minnesota T'Wolves 2010-11 Season Thread (17-65) Worst. Season. Ever. Get that #1 Pick.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Damn my video is gettin around 
laugh.gif
It's on Yahoo Sports NBA page under Ball don't lie

Man I don't like our schedule going forward. Nice to Brewer with 18 tonight.

Man I don't like our schedule going forward. Nice to Brewer with 18 tonight.

Nice work Brewer. Also liked the look Rambis went with on the court I finally got to see Johnson with the first group and look what happens 18.
smokin.gif

Nice work Brewer. Also liked the look Rambis went with on the court I finally got to see Johnson with the first group and look what happens 18.
smokin.gif

I can see that we will be the worst defense team this year. Man I want to see Johnny and Martell on the court I think those two could help.

I can see that we will be the worst defense team this year. Man I want to see Johnny and Martell on the court I think those two could help.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nono.gif

The Rockets returned home to Houston the NBA's only remaining 0-for team after Saturday's overtime loss in San Antonio and one night later found the elixir for their injuries and snake-bitten ways with a 120-94 victory Sunday at Toyota Center over the Timberwolves. The Rockets started an undrafted rookie at point guard because starter Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry were out injured and limited big Yao Ming to 17 minutes of action.
And yet with Ishmael Smith playing 41 minutes and with Luis Scola leading the Rockets' record-setting parade to the free-throw line, they thumped the Wolves, leading by as many as 34 points early in the fourth quarter.

OK, so the Wolves have played four road games now after tonight's 120-94 loss at Houston and all have been lopsided. So far, they've lost those four by 20, 32, a franchise-record 42 and now 26 tonight.

The Wolves are shooting 30% on the road, averaging 21.7 turnovers.

Next up, the LA Lakers!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
nono.gif

The Rockets returned home to Houston the NBA's only remaining 0-for team after Saturday's overtime loss in San Antonio and one night later found the elixir for their injuries and snake-bitten ways with a 120-94 victory Sunday at Toyota Center over the Timberwolves. The Rockets started an undrafted rookie at point guard because starter Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry were out injured and limited big Yao Ming to 17 minutes of action.
And yet with Ishmael Smith playing 41 minutes and with Luis Scola leading the Rockets' record-setting parade to the free-throw line, they thumped the Wolves, leading by as many as 34 points early in the fourth quarter.

OK, so the Wolves have played four road games now after tonight's 120-94 loss at Houston and all have been lopsided. So far, they've lost those four by 20, 32, a franchise-record 42 and now 26 tonight.

The Wolves are shooting 30% on the road, averaging 21.7 turnovers.

Next up, the LA Lakers!

30t6p3b.gif
 thank gawd that game didn't get picked for nbatv fan night. I don't see an automatic win for this team the rest of the month.

30t6p3b.gif
 thank gawd that game didn't get picked for nbatv fan night. I don't see an automatic win for this team the rest of the month.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

30t6p3b.gif
 thank gawd that game didn't get picked for nbatv fan night. I don't see an automatic win for this team the rest of the month year.

Fixed.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by HOOD17

30t6p3b.gif
 thank gawd that game didn't get picked for nbatv fan night. I don't see an automatic win for this team the rest of the month year.

Fixed.
glasses.gif

laugh.gif
frown.gif
 We need help. 

Any wolves fan been posting on their FB page? Someone made a comment that we should trade for iggy. Would that make sense going foward?

laugh.gif
frown.gif
 We need help. 

Any wolves fan been posting on their FB page? Someone made a comment that we should trade for iggy. Would that make sense going foward?

I dont think anything is going to make sense for this team until they can get Rubio and hopefully the #1 pick next year. Then at least there is a CHANCE they can finally make a move to respectability over some time. And that's probably still a long shot LOL.

I dont think anything is going to make sense for this team until they can get Rubio and hopefully the #1 pick next year. Then at least there is a CHANCE they can finally make a move to respectability over some time. And that's probably still a long shot LOL.

Well if, IF Rubio does come over does Kurt throw out the Triangle automatic? There is no way we end up with the 1st pick, even if we have the worst record. We are not that lucky as a franchise.  
Is just weird that it's only the third week into the season and I have questions about the off season already because I believe this team will be different again. I couldn't place bets on which 5 guys on this current roster will be back next season. I just hope that these guys will get a major push when Johnny and Martell are back. I said this team can get at least 25-30 wins before the season but if their playing defense is like this every night 20 wins max.

Go Wolves 

Well if, IF Rubio does come over does Kurt throw out the Triangle automatic? There is no way we end up with the 1st pick, even if we have the worst record. We are not that lucky as a franchise.  
Is just weird that it's only the third week into the season and I have questions about the off season already because I believe this team will be different again. I couldn't place bets on which 5 guys on this current roster will be back next season. I just hope that these guys will get a major push when Johnny and Martell are back. I said this team can get at least 25-30 wins before the season but if their playing defense is like this every night 20 wins max.

Go Wolves 

I don't know what has to happen but, again, this franchise is going nowhere without a franchise player - or something close to one. I don't even need to analyze anything further than that.

The Wolves have had one superstar player in their 22 years of existence. KG's Wolves career was 12 seasons. Let's throw out KG's rookie year and take a look at the Wolves' season records the 10 years without Garnett at the helm:

22-60
29-53
15-67
19-63
20-62
21-61
26-56
22-60
24-58
15-67

We as fans gotta look at those numbers again and let that sink in. That's our franchise trying to go through seasons with patchwork players, unproven rookies, and no superstar.

If that means we have to pray we finally get the #1 pick then so be it. I will start to pray. Weirder things have happened. We aren't going to sign a superstar FA to come here and until I see differently we aren't going to make a major trade for one. So that leaves the only place we have said we are going to get one: the draft. If we continue to land the 4th, 5th, 6th picks then the odds say we are going to continue to be where we are now. I'm so accustomed to this team losing and so accustomed to this team having young players where we always say "Ya they just need time, they might be good someday" - as opposed to actually getting a rookie where he comes in Day 1 and starts to dominate.

I don't know what has to happen but, again, this franchise is going nowhere without a franchise player - or something close to one. I don't even need to analyze anything further than that.

The Wolves have had one superstar player in their 22 years of existence. KG's Wolves career was 12 seasons. Let's throw out KG's rookie year and take a look at the Wolves' season records the 10 years without Garnett at the helm:

22-60
29-53
15-67
19-63
20-62
21-61
26-56
22-60
24-58
15-67

We as fans gotta look at those numbers again and let that sink in. That's our franchise trying to go through seasons with patchwork players, unproven rookies, and no superstar.

If that means we have to pray we finally get the #1 pick then so be it. I will start to pray. Weirder things have happened. We aren't going to sign a superstar FA to come here and until I see differently we aren't going to make a major trade for one. So that leaves the only place we have said we are going to get one: the draft. If we continue to land the 4th, 5th, 6th picks then the odds say we are going to continue to be where we are now. I'm so accustomed to this team losing and so accustomed to this team having young players where we always say "Ya they just need time, they might be good someday" - as opposed to actually getting a rookie where he comes in Day 1 and starts to dominate.

Back
Top Bottom