My dude Allen sounded like he was giving his own eulogy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

4 years and ends like that.

I knew we weren't gona win a title and it would end at some point, but not like this
tired.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

LOL Cake,

trust those sentiments are there a little

But any Gtown fan that actually feels that way...

Has no perception of where the program has come from.

The senior class overachieved beyond belief.

Expectations were raised now, and they fell short. And I'm more disappointed for them than anything.
I hear you and respect that/somewhat feel that way myself about Duke as a whole, but DeMarcus came in with big expectations, being Cali's all-timeleading scorer. He was good but he never lived up to them IMO, always seemed to disappear in the clutch.
ohwell.gif

Add to that, that that Piss Ant Cam im'd me as soon as the game was over talking big $%@@ and there you have a recipe for that away message
laugh.gif

GU made it easy on themselves to lose, Hibbert should have gotten more touches and he was open so many times on those pick and rolls....I was nervous sooooomany times but they never gave him the ball

Originally Posted by SHUGES

As a Syracuse fan, I feel good today.
smile.gif

Another NIT win on tuesday would make quite a week, huh?

KLJ,

It has been a big difference, and I don't understand the logic. But not much I can say when we were up 17. The refs and locations had nothin to do with blowin the lead.
Exactly. It was coaching and mental mistakes. Some of the fouls today were just horrible mental mistakes. And lets not even talk about thesubstitutions that were being made today.

GU made it easy on themselves to lose, Hibbert should have gotten more touches and he was open so many times on those pick and rolls....I was nervous sooooo many times but they never gave him the ball
It became clear that havin a guy like Roy just doesn't fit and shouldn't be expected to dominate the ball.

How we were playin in the First half with Roy havin 2 fouls is a glimpse at the future.

More up tempo, same principals.

Kinda like when Jeff would play the 5 at times last year...except it will be Greg Monroe now

yeah Cake if it was Duke with a supposed big time player like Nelson comin in and the 4 years result like that.

The feelings would be different.

come on, why should a #2 seed need homecourt to beat a #10 seed?

and it's not even like they were Davidson fans. they were UNC fans. if Duke has to play someone at Comcast Center in MD one year and all the Maryland fansshow up to boo, will they complain about that too?

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

and it's not even like they were Davidson fans. they were UNC fans. if Duke has to play someone at Comcast Center in MD one year and all the Maryland fans show up to boo, will they complain about that too?

Why in the world should a 10 seed get to stay in state??
It was unfair to Gonzaga too.

UNC fans might as well have been Davidson fans. They wanted us to lose after last year.

I'm not saying it cost us.

But why reward a 10 seed and potentially penalize a team that earned a 2 seed?

It makes no sense, at all

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

4 years and ends like that.

I knew we weren't gona win a title and it would end at some point, but not like this
tired.gif

The future does look very bright for G-town. I think this team really missed Green.

I'm not saying that at all.

NOBODY should get home court in the tournament.

I know that's a lot to ask for considering that the locations are predetermined and everything, but the committee should do everything possible to ensurethat it doesn't happen, ESPECIALLY with a high seed.
and it's not even like they were Davidson fans. they were UNC fans.
In the last few minutes of the game, could you really tell outside of the color they were wearing?

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

and it's not even like they were Davidson fans. they were UNC fans. if Duke has to play someone at Comcast Center in MD one year and all the Maryland fans show up to boo, will they complain about that too?

Why in the world should a 10 seed get to stay in state??
It was unfair to Gonzaga too.

UNC fans might as well have been Davidson fans. They wanted us to lose after last year.

I'm not saying it cost us.

But why reward a 10 seed and potentially penalize a team that earned a 2 seed?

It makes no sense, at all

its funny how the UNC fans started to trickle in towards the end of the game when it got close....all of the sudden it looked like a tough road game forthem, I dont think they were prepared for that enviroment

Originally Posted by SHUGES

As a Syracuse fan, I feel good today.
smile.gif

Another NIT win on tuesday would make quite a week, huh?

laugh.gif

We still playing baby!

Seriously though, G'Town was squeaking out wins all year long. They hardly looked like a true "dominant" squad (word to Gottlieb
laugh.gif
). The !*@%was bound to catch up to them sooner or later. And if you were realistic with yourself, there's no way you could be THAT crushed. Ya'll had a good yearthough. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Next year though...
sick.gif

Sorry allen - if it makes you feel any better, i'm mourning the end of butler's season right now, too.

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! Yada yada yada... Let's get back to what's most important...

TARHEELS!

Look me in my eye and tell me we're not the best team in the country. On the planet. I dare you. DF!!!

Go Tigers!!

YO! Yada yada yada... Let's get back to what's most important...

TARHEELS!

Look me in my eye and tell me we're not the best team in the country. On the planet. I dare you. DF!!!

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

You better than me Allen, when we lost... this was my away message:

DeMarcus Nelson... Thank You... 3-18 from the field, 2-4 from the stripe... 6 %%+$*+! POINTS IN YOUR FINAL GAME AS A DUKE BLUE DEVIL...

THANK YOU VERY %%+$*+! MUCH FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION...

+#*#*@ PEASANT
mad.gif

laugh.gif

and how many people actually knew Davidson's home state?

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

I don't even think you're in the same league as Kansas right now. I mean that completely... the same feelings i had about Gtown being very iffy, ihave towards UNC. You saw one of those two go down to a lesser team - i will not be the least bit surprised when UNC loses either. I WILL be surprised ifthey somehow win the title.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

You better than me Allen, when we lost... this was my away message:

DeMarcus Nelson... Thank You... 3-18 from the field, 2-4 from the stripe... 6 %%+$*+! POINTS IN YOUR FINAL GAME AS A DUKE BLUE DEVIL...

THANK YOU VERY %%+$*+! MUCH FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION...

+#*#*@ PEASANT
mad.gif

laugh.gif

and how many people actually knew Davidson's home state?

I'd say most? Davidson has been espn's little love child of a mid-major this year, i think they were one of the most well-known mid-majors in thecountry for the season because of last year's tournament.

Back
Top Bottom