OFFICIAL March Madness Thread

whoa whoa whoa....Alexander as a poor mans Len Bias???

easy there...that's a straight up insult to Bias.

Joe Alexander while a good player, wasn't on ANYONE'S radar (as far as the NBA is concerned) prior to this season. Now you all want to compare him toKVH, who was damn near dominant at Utah all 4 years, and Len Bias who is arguable one of the greatest players not only to come out of the ACC, but in collegehoops?

I don't think his stock will be any higher (or the hype), so I would assume that he is gonna bolt from WVU after the tourney is done. He does have a uniqueskill set, but he needs a little more refinement before we start holding him to such high standards.

I think Alexander is going to ride this hype all the way to round 1 of the NBA draft....I could see him doing well in a system where the team really pushes theball up and down the court.

Coach K better step his recruiting game up big time or he better get used to not making it past the first weekend.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Coach K has been outcoached in both games this tournament. Dude must be damn near on his death bed.

Hope this doesn't carry over into Team USA basketball.

Lets be serious....Half of the players on the Team USA squad didn't even go to college....they don't even listen to Coach K....they Listen to D'Antoni.

Coach K wasnt the right man for that job anyways......thats Nike money talking.

Going way out on a limb here. But Alexander is a poor, poor man's Hansbrough
yea i know before the game started i was watching len bias man handle unc back in 87 and i just wanted to throw his name out there

if you compare len bias to any modern day player who does he resemble to me i think tracy mcgrady

btw back when duke was ranked 2 in the coutnry i told one of my coworkers duke isnt that good and this is their worst team and i was called an imbecile

well look who was right

thanks selection comittee for overrating duke again so the big east could move onto the sweet 16

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Anyone who picked Dook past this round is foolish. WVU or Arizona was going to win this game.

WVU tryin' to put the nail in the coffin here...
pimp.gif

And how can you not like Alexander? His swag is phenomenal...
laugh.gif

100% agree. This years Duke team is the same team they always have (scrappy fundamental white guys, a couple no-talent athletic black guys) but withouttheir usual athletic and talented star.... they were bound to loose, and they have no size.

And Alexander.... he does have that swag. Vanilla Sky
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ stepping up his recruiting game....

He is getting some GREAT HS players....you all act like he isn't getting McDonald's AA's....of course that doesn't translate to success, butrecruiting is something that Coach K will NEVER have to worry about. His reputation is enough to get top-tier talent at his school. You all are acting likeDuke hasn't been a successful team. They have had their ups and downs, but what program hasn't at some point? Even the UNC's, UCLA's,G'Town's etc have all had their down years before turning it around. Don't worry about Duke...they'll always have a top recruiting class, andone of these years (soon) they will get it right.

he's[alexander] is projected to go 7th in next years draft

if i was him i'd consider staying to really win next year but

him staying would really risk his stock falling if this stretch proves to be a fluke next year

he's prob better off leaving and getting paid

DoubleJs dont act like Coach K isnt slipping in recruiting... true he has McDs AA kids who can shoot threes, how does he fail to get ANY decent post player?

not saying he needs the next Shelden Williams or anything, but damn. Gary Williams literally doesnt even try and he gets better big men than Duke does.

K-State surrendering early?
I want it to be a close game and I'm kind of torn on who I want to win. I picked both these teams in this round but I picked Wisconsin to advance. I likeK-State and B-EZ better though.

What I mean by step his recruiting up is that he needs some damn athletes on that team. If those players he has are all "McDonalds All Americans" hebetter start recruiting at Burger King. Cause that is the second worse Duke team I have ever watched(the worse is the one Coach K quit,I mean, had those backproblems with). And what did he do after that year, he recruited some damn athletes(brand, avery, etc) and they won(not a championship...but at least theylasted past the 1st week-end). He must have forgotten to recruit someone who could play with their back to the basket.

Back
Top Bottom