OFFICIAL March Madness Thread

Originally Posted by Fanatic15

Duke kills me every year. They should be banned from the tourney!

Kills me when people say things like this (not going at your directly, this is said in a much more serious tone by A LOT of people who think Duke is aperennial choker)... search PASE in one of the basketball threads from this year, Duke performs better than any other team against their seed expectationssince the tourney expanded to 64 teams... FAR better, so far better that the last two years will only start to bring them back to the field.

Besides - anyone who had them going further than one more round is crazy anyhow. We all knew they relied on perimeter play a bit too much.. they werebasically butler this year with better defense.

By the way - if Purdue, MSU, and Wiskey all make the sweet 16's, i want apologies from everybody who badmouthed the big 10 this year. They'redefinitely showing they were as tough as any conference at the top this year, at least so far.

How is Walker even gonna complain about that terrible foul...
laugh.gif

And why couldn't K-State play like this against USC...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

How is Walker even gonna complain about that terrible foul...
laugh.gif

And why couldn't K-State play like this against USC...
smh.gif

Because USC ain't wisconsin, in any way, shape or form.
laugh.gif

By the way - i'll eat some crow myself, i had West Virginia as a team with no shot in this tourney... no business even being here... They've proved mewrong. I still think they're pretty garbage and have benefitted from two of the worst tourney performances of any two opponents thus far, but meh, awin's a win i suppose. They'll get rocked eventually.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

By the way - if Purdue, MSU, and Wiskey all make the sweet 16's, i want apologies from everybody who badmouthed the big 10 this year. They're definitely showing they were as tough as any conference at the top this year, at least so far.

Please

Duke performs better than any other team against their seed expectations since the tourney expanded to 64 teams... FAR better, so far better that the last two years will only start to bring them back to the field.

well, since '01:

2002 (#1)
def. #16 Winthrop (in Greenville)
def. #8 N. Dame (in Greenville)
lost to #5 Indiana (in Lexington)

2003 (#3)
def. #14 Colorado State (in Salt Lake)
def. #11 C. Michigan (in Salt Lake)
lost to #2 Kansas (in Anaheim)

2004 (#1) (a good year for Duke)
def. #16 Alabama State (in Raleigh)
def. #8 Seton Hall (in Raleigh)
def. #5 Illinois (in Atlanta)
def. #7 Xavier (in Atlanta)
lost to #2 UCONN (in San Antonio)

2005 (#1)
def. #16 Delaware State (in Charlotte)
def. #9 Miss. State (in Charlotte)
lost to #5 Michigan State (in Austin)

2006 (#1 seed)
def. #16 Southern (in Greensboro)
def. #8 G. Washington (in Greensboro)
lost to #4 LSU (in Atlanta)

2007 (#6 seed)
lost to #11 VCU (in Buffalo)

2008 (#2 seed)
def. #15 Belmont (in D.C.)
lost to #7 WVU (in D.C.)

Wins vs.:
16, 16, 16, 16, 15, 14, 11, 9, 8, 8, 8, 7, 5

Loses vs.
2, 2, 5, 4, 5, 7, 11

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

People actually had Duke beating WVU? You should have seen this a mile away. Reminiscent of WVU beating Wake back in 2005. But not as big a shocker here.

Exactly. I however had Arizona beating Duke but I knew who ever won that first game would have a great chance against them. Shouldn't have beatagainst West Virgina.
tired.gif
Alexander didn't shoot great in either gameand they still pulled it off.

Joe Alexander while a good player, wasn't on ANYONE'S radar (as far as the NBA is concerned) prior to this season. Now you all want to compare him to KVH, who was damn near dominant at Utah all 4 years, and Len Bias who is arguable one of the greatest players not only to come out of the ACC, but in college hoops?
Seriously...do yall remember KVH at Utah...that is a ludicrous comparison.

Alexander just gets the ball on the block and shoots that turnaround, which against most he just outjumps them.

Do most people realize he's already a junior? And he isn't that skilled

That 'swagger' or confidence...you can't let him get going, knock him around and he turns into a *#@%+. And he'll look to the refs and coachesfor help.

Watch him next round if it's against Xavier and Burrell gets that assignment, or if you saw PE JR play him over the past 2 years. Yall really overhypingthe player that he is. He was 7-21 today. Did yall see how Huggins got in his face, cause he was out there playin soft for a stretch. He's as streaky asyou can get. Just knock him on his butt one time and he'll be lost.

Now, wait till Kevin Jones gets in Huggins system, then you'll see a player.

Mazzulo won that game. And I don't know where that performance came from.

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

By the way - if Purdue, MSU, and Wiskey all make the sweet 16's, i want apologies from everybody who badmouthed the big 10 this year. They're definitely showing they were as tough as any conference at the top this year, at least so far.

Please

What's your argument here?

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Duke performs better than any other team against their seed expectations since the tourney expanded to 64 teams... FAR better, so far better that the last two years will only start to bring them back to the field.

well, since '01:

2002 (#1)

2003 (#3)

2005 (#1)

2006 (#1 seed)

2007 (#6 seed)

2008 (#2 seed)
lost to #7 WVU (in D.C.)

Wins vs.:

Loses vs.
2, 2, 5, 4, 5, 7, 11

So 5 of their last 7 years have been under expecations for their seed... I'm not arguing that they haven't had a bad little run here recently, buteven with that bad run, they've still been more consistent than any other program in the country... every team flops in the tourney on a regular basis,that's why it's march madness. I don't think Duke missed a sweet 16 in like 20 years prior to last year... and people want to say they're"doing what they always do'?
laugh.gif

The hate is just strong with you people... completely unreasonable when talking about programs like Duke.

laugh.gif
at huggy with a bag of popcorn in front of him.

Damn it K State and Duke.

I had USC beating Wis and Duke moving to the elite 8.

Damn. And now I'm gone for the rest of the night and won't be watching the games. Gonna stay updated via the sidekick but
smh.gif

2002 (#1)

2003 (#3)

2005 (#1)

2006 (#1 seed)

2007 (#6 seed)

2008 (#2 seed)
lost to #7 WVU (in D.C.)

Wins vs.:

Loses vs.
2, 2, 5, 4, 5, 7, 11

sick.gif
at all that home advantage they've gotten...

and Craftsy, i don't think anyone said Duke sucks historically. but when you're big bad Duke and you have a #1 or #2 seed, you're not supposed tolose that early. you cant blame anyone for calling them overrated the past couple years.

we're talking about right now, i dont think anyone is insulting their all-time program/record.

Back
Top Bottom