** Official MAGIC vs. HAWKS Round Two Series Thread (ORL Wins 4-0, Advance To ECF) **

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

co-sign i dont think Cavs got a chance to beat them IMO
Put something up to back up those words.

If Orlando wins, Mateen's post limit gets reduced to 5. If Cleveland wins, it gets reduced to 1.

Mateen? the hell?

Not gonna beat a good defensive team in the playoffs with that terrible iso offense, not gonna happen. Atlanta can kiss it's %!$ and Joe Johnson goodbye. It's just last year all over again for the Hawks. And Cleveland don't have A CHANCE huh? Kids say the darndest things, or should I replace kids with idiots?

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Originally Posted by JD617

If Orlando wins, Mateen's post limit gets reduced to 5. If Cleveland wins, it gets reduced to 1.  
Mateen? the hell?
Stop it. We know it's you.
laugh.gif

If said this plenty of times but I honestly don't see how Cleveland beats the Magic. When D. Howard hasn't really had a major presence these playoffs and the Magic are still beating teams handily imagine if he become dominant vs the Cavs.

When's game 4? I guarantee Woodson gets fired the same night of the game or the day after.

I just got an e-mail for $10 tickets to Game 4. They desperate...
laugh.gif

I'm done with all these dudes.

Gortat only got into double-digits in points TWICE all-season...and averaged only around 4-5 rebounds a game.

5 yrs 34 million for that bum
roll.gif

Your basketball knowledge is frighteningly suspect. Gortat is a key player on this Magic squad.

Originally Posted by phoenixmolochia89

Gortat only got into double-digits in points TWICE all-season...and averaged only around 4-5 rebounds a game.

roll.gif
Your basketball knowledge is frighteningly suspect. Gortat is a key player on this Magic squad.
The type of production he puts up nightly is NOT worth 5 yrs 34 million. No matter what role he plays, that money was mismanaged. You can spin it however you want. They overpaid big time.

You don't put 5yr34mil into a backup center when you have Dwight Howard on your team. You just don't.
laugh.gif

Well seeing as D12 can barely stay in games because of foul trouble...Gortat gets some usage.

Overpaid big time might be a stretch.

Are his numbers worth the money? Not really. But if Dwight goes down with injury or gets taken out due to foul trouble, they wouldn't have been able to put anyone else in his spot on that team. On a team built around four shooters and Dwight, having another 7 footer who can rebound and be a big body is essential, without Gortat off the bench they'd have no one to play center if something happens to Dwight.

You say you don't put that much money, which isn't even that bad per year, into a backup when you have Dwight, but because it's Dwight that's exactly why you do it. For someone prone to foul trouble and for a team that utilizes a stretch four, having another prototypical big man is key. Gortat's impact doesn't show up in the stat sheet, but I'm sure the Magic are glad they have him as insurance for Dwight.

AND at the worst case, they can trade him later on because I'm sure there are a few teams who would be glad to pay 7 mil a year for a solid 7 foot center. "Mismanaged money" is all relative, if the owners want to throw out cash and pay the luxury tax in order to have depth and win a title, then it's completely worth it.  A better case for mismanagement was for Bass, who gets no minutes unfortunately.  But again, worst case they just trade him, but better to have the depth than to have a weak bench.

And how does he do in that "usage"?

The Orlando Magic are giving Marcin Gortat sevein million a year for the next 5 years when he posts averages of 3 and 4. SEVEN MILLION A YEAR FOR THAT! And you're claiming that he gets a decent playing time because Dwight racks up fouls. Well, 3 and 4 in decent "usage" is lousy for someone that gets that big of a paycheck.

Maybe calling him a bum was overstating it, I'll admit that, but he's certainly overpaid and when you compare him to other players that make that money, it's embarrassing really.

Devin Harris, Stephen Jackson, Jameer Nelson, Shawn Marion, and Lamar Odom all make about the same money as Marcin Gortat.

it's not embarrassingly bad. theres plenty of worse contracts in the league. it's a necessary expense that they could always get out of by trading him.

And how does he do in that "usage"?

The Orlando Magic are giving Marcin Gortat sevein million a year for the next 5 years when he posts averages of 3 and 4. SEVEN MILLION A YEAR FOR THAT! And you're claiming that he gets a decent playing time because Dwight racks up fouls. Well, 3 and 4 in decent "usage" is lousy for someone that gets that big of a paycheck.

Maybe calling him a bum was overstating it, I'll admit that, but he's certainly overpaid and when you compare him to other players that make that money, it's embarrassing really.

Devin Harris, Stephen Jackson, Jameer Nelson, Shawn Marion, and Lamar Odom all make about the same money as Marcin Gortat.
I get what you saying BUT getting quality bigs in this league nowadays are scarce. If orlando would've not matched dallas offer sheet for marcin then we probably wouldn't be where we are now. He is a back-up center that many people around the league would agree he can start on a quality team. Overpaid just maybe, but far from being a bum. 

if the game on monday is supposed to be on tnt, the hawks should just agree to not show up and tnt can show some old wcw matches to take up the 3 hour time slot until the laker game comes on.

guaranteed mike woodson is fired. ATL needs to rebuild cuz with this squad they're not going anywhere. they need new starting PG and SF.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

if the game on monday is supposed to be on tnt, the hawks should just agree to not show up and tnt can show some old wcw matches to take up the 3 hour time slot until the laker game comes on.

roll.gif
 if only turner owned wcw still
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by phoenixmolochia89

roll.gif

THIS. They paid him because the league's got a shortage of good big men. He gives them a lot of depth and completely accepts his role off the bench. His defense and presence in the paint is what they pay for. He's getting paid $6 million this year. Most teams in the league would take that contract in the quickness.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

completely accepts his role off the bench. 
i dont know about all that. if i remember correctly, thats why he was mad that orlando matched dallas' offer sheet. cuz he was gonna get more time in dallas
brandon bass doesnt even play
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom