OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2024 OFFSEASON THREAD

We started 8-5 when we won the franchise record 55 wins in 2013-2014 I think. For perspective, I thought there was a chance we could start 1-8 or some **** :rofl: :rofl:

Team is healthy, and SO MUCH better than I expected. I feel like having an elite front office is so underrated. The moment we promoted Lawrence, hired Winger, hired west, we've been the smartest team in basketball and have made soooo many smart moves. From 1 to 11, every player who plays for the Clips is good, (On great 1 year deals) and as long as we stay healthy it looks like the early success is legit.

Maybe not 55 wins, but legit playoff contender. They've not only had a hot start, but they have one of the best net ratings in the league, which tells you that this kind of isn't a hot streak. Trez is legit and on a GREAT deal, Lou is on a GREAT deal, Pat on a GREAT deal, this season isn't even supposed to go like this we're supposed to be prepping for the summer :lol:

Also, love to Doc Rivers. Up until the last couple of games the Clips had a top 8 offense and top 8 defense. W/o Chris Paul, W/o Blake, W/o JJ, this is the 2nd straight year where he's spitting out an elite offense. He deserves massive credit.

FIVETHIRTYEIGHT had us starting 0-8 :rofl:

I’m not gonna lie; I was puzzled by the Lou deal because I felt like we should have flipped him for future assets. Then I read about him being tired of being traded and Doc saying that Lou is a leader in the lockerroom and I fully understand why did it.

Speaking on Lou being the leader. I love that he said everybody gets called out and he was the only one that called out Blake and DJ last year. I’ve seen Lou, Trez, SGA, Boban, etc all get called out and none of them have taken it personal like Blake or DJ.

Also, wtf is up with Luc? I don’t even remember seeing him get hurt :lol:

The depth we have is crazy. Milos and Boban haven’t played in like 3 games lol. No Bradley or Luc for like two weeks now.

-EDIT-

NBA.com has us #1 in their power rankings :rofl: :pimp:

^^^ I think Luc actually got hurt in practice. Definiteky didn’t see anything happen to him in a game. It’s weird for sure. He’s been out like two weeks now....

No Gallo tonight, sick, apparently. AB byke.

Hope we get some Bobi minutes. Hawks seem like a team he could do well against.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
We gotta start defending better. Seeing some slippage that end.

Also, Avery Bradley doesn't fit on this team at all. He shouldn't start, and he shouldn't be a part of the 2nd unit. We gotta trade him post Dec 15.

But 11-5 :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: imagine that. The over / under was 35.5 and the Clips already are at 11 w/the toughest schedule in the league thus far. :pimp: :pimp:

^^^ To your point about the FO, Mike Scott has been one of the low-key best acquisitions in the NBA...

Was watching the rams game and flipping to my dvr during commercial breaks for the clipper game. Just finished it...

I thought for sure it was gonna be an L but this team is something else...Atlanta sucks but I’ll take any W anyway we get it. We wasn’t posed to be here!

power rankings and this is before last nights win...

ClippersNumber1.png

Hope we get some Bobi minutes. Hawks seem like a team he could do well against.

Thanks for listening, Doc. Bobi had like 9 points in 11 minutes and was a big part of turning the momentum of the game back in our favor. #UnleashTheBoban

Iiterally only saw the last 1:30 of the game and don’t plan on watching us blow a 30 pt lead. I deleted the game from the dvr :lol:

Someone wanna give me thr cliff nots version of it?

I didn’t see the 1st half. But pretty simple really - we turned the ball over like crazy and shot like ****. Also gave the Wizards way too many open looks from 3 and they started hitting them.

Also, Gallo wasn’t himself. Was 0-8 and just didn’t have it.

It sucked, but oh well. At least with this team, they’ll use it as motivation. That said,
we have the Grizz and Blazers next, so nothing easy.

Last edited:
Damn this Clippers team for being good enough to have me back to being annoyed at losses and impatient for the next game so I can get the L taste out of my mouth. :smh: :lol:

Damn this Clippers team for being good enough to have me back to being annoyed at losses and impatient for the next game so I can get the L taste out of my mouth. :smh: :lol:

Was just telling my girl that I was content with expecting L’s and a lottery pick. Now I’m upset that we’re not the #1 seed anymore :lol: :smh:

Was just telling my girl that I was content with expecting L’s and a lottery pick. Now I’m upset that we’re not the #1 seed anymore :lol: :smh:

Out here looking at the WC standings like it's 2015 again smh

Doc is a ******* idiot, man. Idk how else to explain the **** he does. 75-70 going into the 4th, in a big game, and he starts the quarter with:

Bev
Bradley
Lou
Scott
Trez

One playmaker and only Lou and Scott can be depended on to hit an open 3. We go 6 minutes and only make one shot and the only change is makes is SGA for Bradley. Then in true Doc fashion he waits for us to be borderling out of it to being Tobias and Gallo in. I don’t understand how or why he refuses to forget his planned rotations and bring in Gallo or Tobias to give us a legit scoring threat.

Doc had a bad game today. I point to doc sitting both SGA and Tobias the entire 2nd quarter for apparently no reason. His rotations were a mess today until late.

But whew what a win. First in the west whoop :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Clips playing w/fire with all of these games but that's kind of what the path was going to be for them in order to be a good team. These 50/50 games determine a lot for teams so kudos to the clips for winning most of them thus far. You want to be hypercritical but man...we first in the west after 18 games w/damn Lou Williams Tobias Harris Gallo, a rookie, and Trez. It's really hard for me to be that critical.

My previous post was when we were down 8 and looked like we were gonna lose. Def was a bit emotional and extreme :lol:

But wtf eas he doing with the rotations. This the type of stuff that has always held us back. You can’t be stubborn. Why not find a way to have Tobias or Gallo out there with Lou and the 2nd unit?

Also, what was the deal with gallo on Gasol? :lol:

A team's first 20 games are only a quarter of its season, but they can be pretty indicative of things to come. Over the last 15 (full) seasons, 92 percent of teams that had at least 12 wins through their first 20 games went on to make the playoffs, while only five percent of teams with six or fewer wins through their first 20 games turned things around and made the postseason.

On average, about 14 of the 16 teams that eventually make the playoffs are in the top eight at the quarter mark of the season. At the quarter mark last season, seven of the eight eventual Eastern Conference playoff teams were no worse than tied for eighth place in the conference, with the 10-11 Miami Heat (one game out of eighth) being the lone exception. The same thing was true in the West, where the 8-12 Oklahoma City Thunder were the only eventual playoff team that wasn't in the top eight through Nov. 29.

Boys...I still don't have us as a playoff lock, but we're starting to get to the point where the playoffs are a very real thing for this team this year, health provided.

This Clippers team is much more likeable than the other ones in years past. Happy to see you guys having success. Hope we both can continue to surprise the West this year :nerd:

Honestly, I feel like there's a chance we could meet up in the playoffs AGAIN.

Back
Top Bottom