Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
nowadays all the Js are variant quality so im done buying them after grape. Js are dead lebron and kobe are carrying the dim torch. Cant add KD cuz his joints are far from relevant not even on the level of a pippen or barkley im talkin shoes not skills

You sure about that kd statement?

Damn u wouldnt catch me rockin a KD anytime or place. Its melo or cp3 status junk. Didnt know anybody liked kd's i refuse to believe it lol. Took me a while to accept lebrons though also but i dont ever see owning a kd

But......................how?.......(looks at Avy) never mind.

Ya this is a much more accurate statement.  I personally was not a fan of the KD IV, but I have a wide foot and they make his sig line to fit his skinny rail feet, but they were wildly popular and a huge success for Nike.  And even the KD V started off with a bang and had a lot of people buying.  It has slowed since a lot more CW's have been released recently, but KD's are definitely more popular than Kobe's at this point.  Especially if we are talking about any limited releases.  I'm just glad that they make these 3 sig lines pretty different from each other (for the most part) so everyone has a better chance of finding at least a pair that they like.

Nah I wouldnt say KDs are more popular then Kobe yet.

Barely any stores carried the KDs last year. I do think they could be Nikes most popular shoe if they continue to make verstalie shoes like the KD V and sell them at good price point.

Ssooooo..... Any information on upcoming releases/colorways? Conversations about the same limited editions are getting stale. :rolleyes

I just hope that the LeBron XI inspired by the Jordan XI will be as good or better in design as the VII was.

Why is it that when someone has a differing opinion on here whether it be about sports, movies or shoes etc. it's automatically labeled as "hate"?

I have not been a fan of the Corks since the first pics popped up. The colorway is unappealing to me and the inflated price tag for what appears to be a gutted shoe is ridiculous.

And I couldn't care less if the Corks were limited or not, because availability or lack thereof of a shoe has no bearing on whether or not I like them. I buy what I like, simple as that.

If someone doesn't like the Corks, that's cool, they have the right to criticize the shoe in any way they'd like. But that's not what's going on here Toine, you know that! Since pics were released, anyone who's posted anything positive about the Corks has been mocked and labelled a hypebeast. So in effect, yeah, there has been a lot of "hating."

I think the Corks are beautiful, but my enthusiasm has been tempered by their inflated price and the likelihood I wouldn't be able to get my hands on them anyway. Why get too excited about a shoe I probably won't ever own?? So with me, it's actually a reverse-hype effect, if anything.

I love the Corks concept, which is much better executed than the Force 180 Corks they did awhile back. I like the thin laces, leather tongue, lion logo, and that creamy off-white outsole is sweet. But hey, I must still be a bypebeast, right??

I wish the guy making the Colorways for the KDV (except for the four terrible Colorways that dropped two weekends ago) should get with the LeBron line and we'd probably get winners like the DMV and X-Mas KDVs.

Finishline seems to have gotten a restock on the Pressures.

And anyone know if the BHM is a limited release? I have to pick up my brother Saturday morning and hope I can walk in and pick them up.

I wish the guy making the Colorways for the KDV (except for the four terrible Colorways that dropped two weekends ago) should get with the LeBron line and we'd probably get winners like the DMV and X-Mas KDVs.

Finishline seems to have gotten a restock on the Pressures.

And anyone know if the BHM is a limited release? I have to pick up my brother Saturday morning and hope I can walk in and pick them up.
The way the execution of the lebron x colorways are compared to the kdv so far , I have a feeling that the person handling the kdv colorways handled both the kdiv and lbj9 last year and is only doing the kdv this year. I'm sorry but I don't believe for a minute it's the same team this year on the x that handled the 9 last year. We didn't even get a q&a with peitre this year. Something is up. Hmmmmm........

If someone doesn't like the Corks, that's cool, they have the right to criticize the shoe in any way they'd like. But that's not what's going on here Toine, you know that! Since pics were released, anyone who's posted anything positive about the Corks has been mocked and labelled a hypebeast. So in effect, yeah, there has been a lot of "hating."

I think the Corks are beautiful, but my enthusiasm has been tempered by their inflated price and the likelihood I wouldn't be able to get my hands on them anyway. Why get too excited about a shoe I probably won't ever own?? So with me, it's actually a reverse-hype effect, if anything.

I love the Corks concept, which is much better executed than the Force 180 Corks they did awhile back. I like the thin laces, leather tongue, lion logo, and that creamy off-white outsole is sweet. But hey, I must still be a bypebeast, right??

Toine is not wrong and you're not wrong.

But that's been the case for most of the releases. Not necessarily being called a hypebeast, but dudes have been mocking people who for what they like.

People that like Windchills, Prisms or damn near anything besides the CJ, GM or jades and maybe lavas have been mocked in some form in this thread. Weren't dudes labeled hypebests because they paid extra for the box for the pressures? People in this thread have clowned dudes for buying ID's like they aren't the same shoe. It's just how things are now.

Haven't you noticed that 90% of this thread is corny jokes and complaining of some form?

Yes, hypebeast has been the label for people liking corks because its the type of release that typically attracts hypebeasts, but I don't see the "attacks" anymore frequent or malicious. I think its just sneakerheads' sensitivity to the term hypebeast cause it really ain't that serious.

Bottom line, this thread has become incredibly immature and useless beyond pics and info. Gotta see it for what it is.

Why is it that when someone has a differing opinion on here whether it be about sports, movies or shoes etc. it's automatically labeled as "hate"?

I have not been a fan of the Corks since the first pics popped up. The colorway is unappealing to me and the inflated price tag for what appears to be a gutted shoe is ridiculous.

And I couldn't care less if the Corks were limited or not, because availability or lack thereof of a shoe has no bearing on whether or not I like them. I buy what I like, simple as that.

I get what you're saying, but if you like a shoe or don't like a shoe, the only opinion that should matter is your own.

Don't worry about being labeled a "hater" or "hypebeast" for doing either.

I get what you're saying, but if you like a shoe or don't like a shoe, the only opinion that should matter is your own.

Don't worry about being labeled a "hater" or "hypebeast" for doing either.

I'm not worried about it, but I definitely don't take kindly to anyone suggesting I'm a beast because I post a pic or express my desire for a shoe that may, or may not, be limited.....not when I've been into sneakers as long as I have been. That's just plain insulting. Blacklion is right: "the term hypebeast is thrown around too loosely nowadays."

And aren't we all here because of a mutual love of sneakers? What's wrong with expressing that? When someone gets slammed for saying something as simple as "I need those" or "those are fire" then that's a problem.

But it's nothing personal Toine.....I know you're not the one doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom