Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been rockin j's since 85 and actually collecting since 93 94 somewhere around there. Ive been on here since 03 new profile now but i think a hypebeast has more to do with the folks that just want to get multiple pairs to show off or resell or try to hype up releases like blk red xi when theres 50,000 pairs out there that are crap quality but still tryin to flip for 450?? I try to get double pairs to collect one and also wear one not flip them.. Maybe im wrong but who knows. Yeah i like and want kicks that are going to be worth more and hold there value and that not every damn high schooler in america will have i dont call that a hypebeast. But i do like exclusive/ limited kicks who the hell doesnt?? If u say u dont u are lyin straight up. U may not like cork but that doesnt mean yeezy ,galaxy foam, paranorman, player pe's or whatever else is out there.. we all like limited kicks. Nike knows that and cork is actually a nice shoe in person but not everybody has the same taste thats fine. i think its got a good idea behind it and it came out nice

Really trying to understand why all the LOVE for the corks?  Is it because they are LIMITED?  Is it because you WILL have a chance to RESELL them so your LOVING on them? They are unique and from what we all think very limited.  Id say a collectors item if anything.  Some of yall sound like some real b^&*(^#@ talking bout these.  Im guessing 9 out of 10 people LOVING on the corks would NOT buy them if they WERE NOT LIMITED.  
fixed
wink.gif

View media item 215278
       Prism and Christmas waiting for a  buyer in my local footlocker! I saw this when I picked up my 13 bred, so I took a pic.

i thought the prisms were so sick at first, but after seeing them in real life, im kinda disappointed.. the only X's i ould get are the galaxy.. if they are released.. probably in limited numbers, but those are nice, colorwise, and the have 3M material as well!!!

Last edited:
anyone from Columbus GA? if so are there any spots there with the christmas x's...i have a friend coming in town this weekend and if a place there has them my friend said that they would pick them up for me

I'm a fan of the corks because they are different. With that said I'm not paying 300 for them when there's way better options for much cheaper. Also the limited tag has never meant anything to me. I buy and wear what I like and if someone else has the same pair as me good for them. Its not about having shoes nobody else has its about having shoes you like.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of the corks because they are different. With that said I'm not paying 300 for them when there's way better options for much cheaper. Also the limited tag has never meant anything to me. I buy and wear what I like and if someone else has the same pair as me good for them. Its not about having shoes nobody else has its about having shoes you like.
nowadays all the Js are variant quality so im done buying them after grape. Js are dead lebron and kobe are carrying the dim torch. Cant add KD cuz his joints are far from relevant not even on the level of a pippen or barkley im talkin shoes not skills

Last edited:
Why is it that when someone has a differing opinion on here whether it be about sports, movies or shoes etc. it's automatically labeled as "hate"?

I have not been a fan of the Corks since the first pics popped up. The colorway is unappealing to me and the inflated price tag for what appears to be a gutted shoe is ridiculous.

And I couldn't care less if the Corks were limited or not, because availability or lack thereof of a shoe has no bearing on whether or not I like them. I buy what I like, simple as that.

And you have the Corks already, so why do you care if people "hate" the Corks?

There's been plenty of "hate" for the Xs I have thus far (Pressures, Lavas, and Floridians) but I don't get worked up over it because people are entitled to their opinions, even if they differ with your own. Once I like a shoe, don't care how anyone else feels about them.

im with u homie. corks are hideous and an easy pass. let the hypebeasts kill themselves over this one. I also have the pressures and easily think thats the best cw so far. Away floridians second.

nowadays all the Js are variant quality so im done buying them after grape. Js are dead lebron and kobe are carrying the dim torch. Cant add KD cuz his joints are far from relevant not even on the level of a pippen or barkley im talkin shoes not skills

Definitely wouldn't agree with that last statement. KD's are definitely more popular than Kobe's and the KD 4 might've been the most liked shoe last year.

Damn u wouldnt catch me rockin a KD anytime or place. Its melo or cp3 status junk. Didnt know anybody liked kd's i refuse to believe it lol. Took me a while to accept lebrons though also but i dont ever see owning a kd

Originally Posted by niketalk kid

Really trying to understand why all the LOVE for the corks? Is it because they are LIMITED? Is it because you WILL have a chance to RESELL them so your LOVING on them? They are unique and from what we all think very limited. Id say a collectors item if anything. Some of yall sound like some real b^&*(^#@ talking bout these. Im guessing 9 out of 10 people LOVING on the corks would NOT buy them if they WERE NOT LIMITED.

fixed

:rofl:

So true

Definitely wouldn't agree with that last statement. KD's are definitely more popular than Kobe's and the KD 4 might've been the most liked shoe last year.
Ya this is a much more accurate statement.  I personally was not a fan of the KD IV, but I have a wide foot and they make his sig line to fit his skinny rail feet, but they were wildly popular and a huge success for Nike.  And even the KD V started off with a bang and had a lot of people buying.  It has slowed since a lot more CW's have been released recently, but KD's are definitely more popular than Kobe's at this point.  Especially if we are talking about any limited releases.  I'm just glad that they make these 3 sig lines pretty different from each other (for the most part) so everyone has a better chance of finding at least a pair that they like.

Damn. The hype beast in this thread are worse than the ones lurking in the Kobe thread.

Fact of the matter is that as consumers and fellow sneaker collectors or whatever you call it, we encourage people to buy what they like. There's a difference when you can call someone out on the bs and see who truly intends to keep the shoe down the line and who's just interested for resale purposes. There's nothing wrong with that, nobodies stopping you from making money, if that's the case then everyone who's jobless would be jobless for a reason other than a lack of determination.

My only issue is the random rants and remarks toward the people who actually want to keep em. Most of those people are the people who are still going to try to cop on the low. And y'all can't lie because even if I didn't want them, an extra 2 stacks sounds really good right now.

As for the person saying that Kobe's are irrelevant compared to KD's, i really hope you've factored in the idea that Durants are a less expensive and consumer friendly shoe. Had the Durants had a regular msrp, people would call them overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom