Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll speak to the comfort of the shoes too. Most comfortable shoe I ever wear, just waiting for some different materials to roll out, only so much you can do with hyperfuse.

I got to see the Prisms in person today at my local F.L., and I have to say they look better in person.
Some of the photos I saw looked a little plain, but they really pop in person. The black is more metallic grey looking, and the colors really stand out. I will be getting a pair of these for bball.

I saw them today too and I felt the opposite. They looked cheap and worse in person. The only black model that looks nice to me as far as the black base is the Floridian's. The Prism's were a disappointment to me. Easy pass, not worth almost $200.

I'll speak to the comfort of the shoes too. Most comfortable shoe I ever wear, just waiting for some different materials to roll out, only so much you can do with hyperfuse.
I agree the Lebron X's are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn.    You dont have to break them in like you have to do with most shoes.    Great ankle support when I hoop in them too.

Sorry but I had to chime in on something:

While some of you are correct in saying that the swoosh chipping problem is a defect, I find it alarming that there are a good number of people on here that believe playing basketball in shoes will lead to no scuffing and/or chipping away of materials. ANY SHOE ON THE PLANET REGARDLESS OF PRICE will undergo such wear and tear, it's just fact.

Would I be mad? No. Because I decided to play basketball in them and telling people "whoa whoa these are new kicks so when I drive the lane or when you play defense on me, keep a 3 ft perimeter around me" is the only way my shoes would be guaranteed to not get messed up. Or the other thing I could do is not wear them.

You know what you pay $200+ dollars for? Not the materials, not the quality, but the brand name and "prestige" of having a LeBron signature. It's been stated here numerous times that some lower priced team shoes can feel just as good as high-priced signature sneakers. The price comes from marketing campaigns that have worked and a culture that is moving away from reasonable behavior and going towards brain-washed cult-like followings.

**** happens when you put shoes under rigorous conditions, that's why they wear test them. And I guarantee a swoosh's paint chipping off when they do a wear test is grounds for a re-call on a Nike product... (that last line was sarcasm if you didn't catch on ;))

Last edited:
While some of you are correct in saying that the swoosh chipping problem is a defect, I find it alarming that there are a good number of people on here that believe playing basketball in shoes will lead to no scuffing and/or chipping away of materials. ANY SHOE ON THE PLANET REGARDLESS OF PRICE will undergo such wear and tear, it's just fact.
Would I be mad? No. Because I decided to play basketball in them and telling people "whoa whoa these are new kicks so when I drive the lane or when you play defense on me, keep a 3 ft perimeter around me" is the only way my shoes would be guaranteed to not get messed up. Or the other thing I could do is not wear them.
You know what you pay $200+ dollars for? Not the materials, not the quality, but the brand name and "prestige" of having a LeBron signature. It's been stated here numerous times that some lower priced team shoes can feel just as good as high-priced signature sneakers. The price comes from marketing campaigns that have worked and a culture that is moving away from reasonable behavior and going towards brain-washed cult-like followings.
**** happens when you put shoes under rigorous conditions, that's why they wear test them. And I guarantee a swoosh's paint chipping off when they do a wear test is grounds for a re-call on a Nike product... (that last line was sarcasm if you didn't catch on ;))

Couldn't have said it no better. Some of these dudes on here don't need Lebrons. They need magical glass slippers to whisk their *** back to whatever "fantasy land" they done came from. :rofl:

I agree 100 percent with you. My post was for people to see. Not to make this big argument. The reason I say that the tens have been made with little quality is because the nines I wore last year for basketball had no such problems for over a year. I'm just saying quality for the nines to tens have dropped down imo.

Last edited:
I agree 100 percent with you. My post was for people to see. Not to make this big argument. The reason I say that the tens have been made with little quality is because the nines I wore last year for basketball had no such problems for over a year. I'm just saying quality for the nines to tens have dropped down imo.

All good fam, and my post wasn't directed at one individual. Think of it as more of a general statement. I just don't get it when some people are like "my sole is starting to peel." Then we ask said person how long they've worn their shoes if at all. Their response is usually something like "I've balled at my local outdoor hoop for like a week." So, logically, I assume that your shoes are wearing out depending on how you play, whether you drag your feet, the condition of the court, etc. etc. etc. No shoe is built to last unless you wanna ball in some Timbs, and even then those will wear...

Exactly.....
He would always promote his designs & talk tech. But this year..........zilch, nada, nothing.
Already peeped Chang's & Avar's vids/interviews. But this year, nothing from Petrie.
Damn shame....
He sucks, he is a punk with a big mouth. Good riddance.
After one (1) game playing in these, I can see chips off the diamond cut swoosh. Only on this shoe not the other. As my second faulty pair, The Lebron X has been made with very little quality. 
How can yall seriously complain about cosmetic defects like that when you are playing ball in them? Not like the outsole is falling apart or the upper is ripping.
What's breaking down? Chipping on the painted swoosh is cosmetic. You could be wearing thousand dollar LVs but if someone steps on them they'll scuff. This is a bball shoe. Real ball players don't care about their shoe getting dirty
QFT
I never understood this, even going back to the Elite 9's, I cant see how you play a whole game and expect the shoe to be just like DS after a game...I would love to see Lebron's pairs after games, I can almost bet they have some sort of cosmetic issues...And before its said, I know hes not paying 180 for it, but cosmetic damage is apart of playing in a shoe.
Hold up....
Ya'll balling in your shoes & complaining about scuffs & chipping?
The Hell?!
lol @ the fools that dont expect cosmetic damage to occur from ballin in ya shoes...
*goes back to trolling*
SO TRUE!!!!
These shoes are %in expensive, they need to be quality products.
They're already giving us plastic shoes, its not too much to ask for the paint not to chip after a few games. TheLebron II retailed for $125 and you cant tell me the Lebron X Pressure is $75 dollars of a better product.
I swear some of yall are Nike sheep. Have some respect for yourself as a consumer.
This.
you comparing a shoe from 2004 to a shoe in 2012 with regards to pricing. Everything has gone up in price. Droses cost $160-$180 now. If you dont want paint chipping on your LeBrons get the $180 version with the print on swoosh. Yeah the shoes are plastic now versus leather/nubuck but the hyperfuse plastic is more durable, provides better fit and performs better than the former.
once again, stop complaining about cosmetic defects when the shoes are being played in. Cool grey IX's are tanks, cool. But smh at expecting all shoes to look ds after playing ball in
It's not about expecting shoe to look DS after balling in them, it's about Nike putting the shoes through proper testing to find out if the materials are durable enough, to withstand the rigors of playing ball, even at the most highest of levels. Obviously they are not doing this anymore.

Isn't that what a supposed high quality, expensive hoops shoe supposed to be about? Being the best?

The first three sigs in LeBron's line had no such issues. It wasn't until Petrie got involved, that the integrity of the LeBron line became questionable.

you comparing a shoe from 2004 to a shoe in 2012 with regards to pricing. Everything has gone up in price. Droses cost $160-$180 now. If you dont want paint chipping on your LeBrons get the $180 version with the print on swoosh. Yeah the shoes are plastic now versus leather/nubuck but the hyperfuse plastic is more durable, provides better fit and performs better than the former.
once again, stop complaining about cosmetic defects when the shoes are being played in. Cool grey IX's are tanks, cool. But smh at expecting all shoes to look ds after playing ball in

I disagree completely with this statement. Leather shoes perform just the same if not better than the plastic junk they are force feeding the consumer these days. Across the board - Nike/JB, Adidas/Reebok, UA, etc.. are all running their own branded variation of the aforementioned plastic materials so it's clearly the low cost and abundant supply of plastics that are driving all the brands mentioned to eliminate high quality leathers from their product lineups. The 80s, 90s and the mid 00s all featured high performance kicks with leather uppers - there have been no complaints about fit and or performance. Furthermore leather shoes can last for several years, do we know anything about the longevity of these plastics? Will they turn brittle or rigid over time?

Some of you guys drink way too much of the 'gimmickery' Kool-Aid. This shift to plastic materials is nothing more than a strategy to get people to pay a 'premium' for leather products. I urge some of you guys to even source out a entry level pair of basketball kicks from the 90s, and early 00s (up until 2002/2003 - before the introduction of pleather) and feel the 'buttery, soft leather' that some brands have you paying in excess of $300+ for.

Last edited:
Next year just take out the Swoosh completely and use Foamposite or just wear a pair of Foams for ball and we won't have this discussion about cosmetic defects again and again :tongue:

Last edited:
Nike just wants you to buy multiple products. Thats why they are making them in cheaper quality. Same us for everything now. You need a new tv every 5 years now but they could make them last longer they just want you to buy multiple items. Its all about the $$

Is there anywhere else to get the Jades under retail or at least with free shipping?

Next year just take out the Swoosh completely and use Foamposite or just wear a pair of Foams for ball and we won't have this discussion about cosmetic defects again and again
tongue.gif
Except for the stupid yellowing.

LOL WUT?

THERE IS NO BBALL SHOE ON THE PLANET NOR A BBALL SHOE THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE THAT DIDN'T SCUFF OR HAVE COSMETIC DAMAGES AFTER PLAYING BALL IN THEM ON THE COURT OR OUT ON THE BLACKTOP.

MAYBE IF YOU ARE PLAYING HORSE OR HAVING A 3 POINT DRILL BUT AN ACTUAL INTENSE GAME? NAH, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE THAT PLASTIC, LEATHER, ETC. CAN SURVIVE A GAME OF GETTING STEPPED ON, FALLING, PUSHED, AND PULLED WITHOUT SOME KIND OF SCUFF OR SCRATCH OCCURRING. MY NIKES, ADIDAS, REEBOKS, AND CONVERSES ALL HAD SCUFFS AND SCRATCHES AFTER THE FIRST GAME I PLAYED IN THEM AND I DIDN'T CARE. THEY SERVED THEIR PURPOSE. THEN AGAIN I DON'T BUY $200-$270 DOLLAR LEBRONS TO WEAR ON THE COURT TO TRY AND LOOK COOL AND IMPRESS THE OTHER PLAYERS THEN COMPLAIN THEY CAN'T SELL THEM AS BEING VVVVVVVVVVNDS AFTERWARDS....THOSE PLAYERS USUALLY END UP BEING THE WORST ONES ON THE COURT ANYWAY.

MAYBE IF COMPANIES STARTED MAKING THEIR SHOES OUT OF DIAMONDS....

I'M CONVINCED A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE JUST TROLLING.

Next year just take out the Swoosh completely and use Foamposite or just wear a pair of Foams for ball and we won't have this discussion about cosmetic defects again and again :tongue:

MY 09 EGGPLANT FOAMS GOT SCRATCHED UP THE VERY FIRST GAME I WORE THEM FOR A STREETBALL TOURNAMENT....

LOL WUT?
THERE IS NO BBALL SHOE ON THE PLANET NOR A BBALL SHOE THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE THAT DIDN'T SCUFF OR HAVE COSMETIC DAMAGES AFTER PLAYING BALL IN THEM ON THE COURT OR OUT ON THE BLACKTOP.
MAYBE IF YOU ARE PLAYING HORSE OR HAVING A 3 POINT DRILL BUT AN ACTUAL INTENSE GAME? NAH, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE THAT PLASTIC, LEATHER, ETC. CAN SURVIVE A GAME OF GETTING STEPPED ON, FALLING, PUSHED, AND PULLED WITHOUT SOME KIND OF SCUFF OR SCRATCH OCCURRING. MY NIKES, ADIDAS, REEBOKS, AND CONVERSES ALL HAD SCUFFS AND SCRATCHES AFTER THE FIRST GAME I PLAYED IN THEM AND I DIDN'T CARE. THEY SERVED THEIR PURPOSE. THEN AGAIN I DON'T BUY $200-$270 DOLLAR LEBRONS TO WEAR ON THE COURT TO TRY AND LOOK COOL AND IMPRESS THE OTHER PLAYERS THEN COMPLAIN THEY CAN'T SELL THEM AS BEING VVVVVVVVVVNDS AFTERWARDS....THOSE PLAYERS USUALLY END UP BEING THE WORST ONES ON THE COURT ANYWAY.
MAYBE IF COMPANIES STARTED MAKING THEIR SHOES OUT OF DIAMONDS....
I'M CONVINCED A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE JUST TROLLING.
I dont expect them to be "vnds" after I wear them in games. My problem with it is I paid top dollar for what was being sold as "the best" that just what disappoints me. After 1 use with 2 pairs both had defects. As was stated earlier im not crying out im just disappointed of the new shoe. Yes its only cosmetic and it does perform great as an overall shoe and also the nike+ is cool im just again dissapointed in the new lebron X

Last edited:
lol @ the fools that dont expect cosmetic damage to occur from ballin in ya shoes...

*goes back to trolling*
For real though - I ball in my Pressures and Blue Diamonds and who cares what they look like afterward.  I love the way they perform, that's all that matters.  Ain't no fashion show.

BC WE ARE TALKING ABOUT OVERWEIGHT NTERS WHO HAVE ZERO OUNCE OF ATHLETIC BLOOD OUMPING THROUGH THEIR VEINS.

THEY DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO REALLY USE SNEAKERS FOR THEIR PURPOSE.

CRYING BOUT HOW THEIR ELITE 9 GOLD SWOOSH CHIPPED BC THEY TRIPPED ON THE SIDEWALK GETTING IN LIKE AT THEIR LOCAL MCDONALDS.

DONT LET ME GET STARTED ON DA HIPPOS WEARING AJIII AND AJIV COMPLAINING THAT THEIR MIDSOLES CRACKED.

ELEPHANT FATBOYS WEARING ELEPHANT PRINT
roll.gif
roll.gif

BC WE ARE TALKING ABOUT OVERWEIGHT NTERS WHO HAVE ZERO OUNCE OF ATHLETIC BLOOD OUMPING THROUGH THEIR VEINS.
THEY DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO REALLY USE SNEAKERS FOR THEIR PURPOSE.
CRYING BOUT HOW THEIR ELITE 9 GOLD SWOOSH CHIPPED BC THEY TRIPPED ON THE SIDEWALK GETTING IN LIKE AT THEIR LOCAL MCDONALDS.
DONT LET ME GET STARTED ON DA HIPPOS WEARING AJIII AND AJIV COMPLAINING THAT THEIR MIDSOLES CRACKED.
ELEPHANT FATBOYS WEARING ELEPHANT PRINT

I play four times a week during the summer, and then twice a week in the winter. I play outdoors during the summer, down in the cage at West Fourth and on the courts in Central Park in NYC. During the winter I play in leagues, which are all indoors obviously. Indoors I play in Adidas, and this is what I played in all summer, while outdoors.

Here on the heel, is the only place on the upper that shows wear, a scuff.

They are all after pics, so here is the sole,

This is what I expect from a hoops shoe. No chipping, just a good, durable, basketball shoe.

6"4, two fiddy, 34 waist, so no fat boy here.

The X are a cheaply made, overly expensive shoe, period.

Oh, and the designer sucks as well. 

Last edited:
You got people in here talking about who's fat and who's not?

Thought this was a shoe forum, not a place to pick up other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom