Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a swoosh chipping means Nike didn't test their shoe out properly? Get a metallic gold paint pen and color it in if you're really butt hurt about that. Y'all think Lebrons were made for a fashion show? Man **** with some of these explanations as to why y'all are crying over the shoes.

Nobody is saying these are the same as signature shoes of the past. But if y'all want leather and don't want to change with the times I'm sure eBay will help you out but otherwise just drop the whole "i hate the new stuff Nike puts out but I am still gonna cop" act.

I play four times a week during the summer, and then twice a week in the winter. I play outdoors during the summer, down in the cage at West Fourth and on the courts in Central Park in NYC. During the winter I play in leagues, which are all indoors obviously. Indoors I play in Adidas, and this is what I played in all summer, while outdoors.

View media item 168275

View media item 168277
View media item 168278
Here on the heel, is the only place on the upper that shows's wear, a scuff.
View media item 168279

They are all after pics, so here is the sole,

View media item 168281

View media item 168282

This is what I expect from a hoops shoe. No chipping, just a good, durable, basketball shoe.

6"4, two fiddy, 34 waist, so no fat boy here.

The X are a cheaply made, overly expensive shoe, period.

Oh, and the designer sucks as well. 

STORY IS SUSPECT.

I HAD THOSE SAME EXACT LEBRON 3'S IN THE WHITE/GOLD THAT MY GIRL BOUGHT FOR ME. I USED TO USE THEM TO BALL ON THE BLACK TOP AND THEY WERE CREASED AND SCUFFED AFTER THE FIRST WEAR. THAT PAIR IS SUSPECT WITH NO CREASES IN THE TOEBOX TO ME, IF YOU SAY YOU PLAYED IN THEM AS MUCH AS YOU SAY YOU DID. THOSE LOOK LIKE THEY WERE JUST WALKED IN TO ME.

NOT COMING AT YOU BUT THIS IS THE INTERNET. WE CAN ALL SAY WHATEVER WE WANT. THERE'S NO REAL PROOF ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, ONLY WHAT WE KNOW IN OUR HEADS AND HAVE EXPERIENCED AND FOR ME THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BBALL SHOE NO MATTER WHAT THE BRAND THAT HASN'T HAD COSMETIC DEFECTS AFTER MY FIRST GAME....

MAYBE I BALL SO HARD.....

/JAY-Z

EDIT: 5000TH POST :pimp:

Last edited:
BC WE ARE TALKING ABOUT OVERWEIGHT NTERS WHO HAVE ZERO OUNCE OF ATHLETIC BLOOD OUMPING THROUGH THEIR VEINS.
THEY DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO REALLY USE SNEAKERS FOR THEIR PURPOSE.
CRYING BOUT HOW THEIR ELITE 9 GOLD SWOOSH CHIPPED BC THEY TRIPPED ON THE SIDEWALK GETTING IN LIKE AT THEIR LOCAL MCDONALDS.
DONT LET ME GET STARTED ON DA HIPPOS WEARING AJIII AND AJIV COMPLAINING THAT THEIR MIDSOLES CRACKED.
ELEPHANT FATBOYS WEARING ELEPHANT PRINT

Idk but I agree with this man. :smokin

STORY IS SUSPECT.
I HAD THOSE SAME EXACT LEBRON 3'S IN THE WHITE/GOLD THAT MY GIRL BOUGHT FOR ME. I USED TO USE THEM TO BALL ON THE BLACK TOP AND THEY WERE CREASED AND SCUFFED AFTER THE FIRST WEAR. THAT PAIR IS SUSPECT WITH NO CREASES IN THE TOEBOX TO ME, IF YOU SAY YOU PLAYED IN THEM AS MUCH AS YOU SAY YOU DID. THOSE LOOK LIKE THEY WERE JUST WALKED IN TO ME.
NOT COMING AT YOU BUT THIS IS THE INTERNET. WE CAN ALL SAY WHATEVER WE WANT. THERE'S NO REAL PROOF ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, ONLY WHAT WE KNOW IN OUR HEADS AND HAVE EXPERIENCED AND FOR ME THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BBALL SHOE NO MATTER WHAT THE BRAND THAT HASN'T HAD COSMETIC DEFECTS AFTER MY FIRST GAME....
/JAY-Z
The story is suspect to you, and that's fine. However, creases at the toe box only translates to your gait, not as to how hard you actually play. I have dress shoes that are fifteen years old, Alden shell cordovan, and there are no creases at the toe at all. 

If you DOUBT what I am about on court, I have no issues with that either. However, I've played at a fairly well known High School here in NY, Brooklyn, then played D1 at well known school in college, with actual minutes played. So this isn't coming from someone who does not know what it is to do his thing.

The LBJ III is one of the best made shoes that Nike has ever put out, when they actually cared about making well made shoes.

Chips on a metallic swoosh don't affect the performance of a shoe developed for basketball purposes

But you don't want your shoes to look ugly or ****** up, especially if they don't have to be (i.e. made with better materials that don't chip as easily), even if you've bought them strictly for on-court use. Style still plays a factor. If it didn't, Nike could sell their newest technologies in a shoe that looks the same year after year.

STORY IS SUSPECT.

/JAY-Z
The story is suspect to you, and that's fine. However, creases at the toe box only translates to your gait, not as to how hard you actually play. I have dress shoes that are fifteen years old, Alden shell cordovan, and there are no creases at the toe at all. 

If you DOUBT what I am about on court, I have no issues with that either. However, I've played at a fairly well known High School here in NY, Brooklyn, then played D1 at well known school in college, with actual minutes played. So this isn't coming from someone who does not know what it is to do his thing.

The LBJ III is one of the best made shoes that Nike has ever put out, when they actually cared about making well made shoes.

ALL THAT MAY BE TRUE, BUT REALLY IS IRRELEVANT INFO TO ME. IN MY LEBRON 3'S, THEY WERE SCUFFED AND CREASED UP AFTER ONE GAME. I MEAN I'M PLAYING ON CONCRETE/ASPHALT.... I MEAN CONCRETE RUBBING AGAINST LEATHER AND PLASTIC...HMMM, WHAT DO I EXPECT TO HAPPEN?

I DON'T DOUBT THE LEBRON 3 WAS THE MOST DURABLE LEBRONS NIKE HAS EVER MADE BUT THEY WERE NOT IMMUNE TO DEFECTS AFTER SEEING COURT TIME.

MAYBE I GOT THE LEMON :\

My brother has those exact Lebron III and his were beat after a summer of ball.  And he weighs less than Longstroke.  So it is different for everybody.

I balled in the Lebron IV, which are known to be tanks, and after a summers worth of ball they looked nowhere as good of shape as those pics up there.  I'm not doubting you Longstroke, or even Memphis for that matter, but just know every shoe is different for every wearer.

As far as the paint chipping off the IXs and Xs...come on lol, it's paint.

ALL THAT MAY BE TRUE, BUT REALLY IS IRRELEVANT INFO TO ME. IN MY LEBRON 3'S, THEY WERE SCUFFED AND CREASED UP AFTER ONE GAME. I MEAN I'M PLAYING ON CONCRETE/ASPHALT.... I MEAN CONCRETE RUBBING AGAINST LEATHER AND PLASTIC...HMMM, WHAT DO I EXPECT TO HAPPEN?
I DON'T DOUBT THE LEBRON 3 WAS THE MOST DURABLE LEBRONS NIKE HAS EVER MADE BUT THEY WERE NOT IMMUNE TO DEFECTS AFTER SEEING COURT TIME.
MAYBE I GOT THE LEMON
ohwell.gif
Or maybe you are simply lying. I've posted proof of what I have experienced. Just like you said, this is the internet, and people make up stuff all the time. I tried to post pics to prove my point, but I may come back a bit later to show why the shape of the outsole prevents excess flexing, creasing, toe flex at the toe box. It was one of the specs for that shoe, better heel toe transition, due to the Zoom Max that was used in that shoe. 

But hey, whatever.

If you want to two fiddy for plastic, then go right ahead.

Last edited:
BC WE ARE TALKING ABOUT OVERWEIGHT NTERS WHO HAVE ZERO OUNCE OF ATHLETIC BLOOD OUMPING THROUGH THEIR VEINS.
CRYING BOUT HOW THEIR ELITE 9 GOLD SWOOSH CHIPPED BC THEY TRIPPED ON THE SIDEWALK GETTING IN LIKE AT THEIR LOCAL MCDONALDS.
DONT LET ME GET STARTED ON DA HIPPOS WEARING AJIII AND AJIV COMPLAINING THAT THEIR MIDSOLES CRACKED.

Very heart-wrenching, I bet you're still fat.

reported for personal insult.

go cry over a cupcake and your discounted nikes

Report all you want, at the end of the day I contribute to NT as I've done in the past 11 years more than you ever will.

You're calling people fat, I'm sure people on here are.

So I will report you for insulting others.

Good day, sir.

Last edited:

MAYBE I GOT THE LEMON :\
Or maybe you are simply lying. I've posted proof of what I have experienced. Just like you said, this is the internet, and people make up stuff all the time. I tried to post pics to prove my point, but I may come back a bit later to show why the shape of the outsole prevents excess flexing, creasing, toe flex at the toe box. It was one of the specs for that shoe, better heel toe transition, due to the Zoom Max that was used in that shoe. 

But hey, whatever.

If you want to two fiddy for plastic, then go right ahead.

OR MAYBE YOU WERE LYING?

THAT'S WHY I MADE THE STATEMENT THERE IS NO WAY TO PROVE ANYTHING. WE CAN SAY WHATEVER WE WANT. YOU POSTED A PIC OF A PAIR OF SHOES YOU OWN SAYING YOU BALLED IN THEM ALL SUMMER AND WINTER....SO WHAT? HOW DO WE KNOW THAT'S WHAT THOSE SHOES WERE REALLY PUT THROUGH? YOU GOT VIDEO OF YOU PLAYING IN THEM? EVEN IF YOU DID, HOW DO WE KNOW THE PICS OF THE SHOES YOU POST ARE THE ONES IN THE VIDEO...SEE WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS?

I'M GOING TO POST PICS OF MY LEBRON 8 SOUTH BEACH AND SAY I'VE BALLED THEM FOR YEARS. EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE NO CREASES, SCUFFS, DEFECTS, AND AN ICY SOLE STILL. :lol:

"TWO FIDDY FOR PLASTIC"

EHHH, I DON'T BUY THESE SHOES ANYMORE FOR BALL, I HAVE WAY CHEAPER OPTIONS THAT SERVE THAT PURPOSE. JUST FOR STYLE, SO THE ONLY THING I JUDGE BY IS HOW THEY LOOK AND IF I WANT TO PAY THE MSRP FOR THAT LOOK. IF NOT, EASY PASS.

Last edited:
STORY IS SUSPECT.

/JAY-Z

I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS OFF TOPIC OR NOT.

BUT DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A MORE BREATHABLE OPTION FOR OUTDOOR BALL FOR SUMMER TIME.

WHILE I AGREE I PREFER LEATHER KICKS OF OLD FOR BALL, BREATHABILITY HAS ALWAYS BEEN AN ISSUE FOR ME IN SUMMER BALL.

Report all you want, at the end of the day I contribute to NT as I've done in the past 11 years more than you ever will.

Good day, sir.

LMAO.

WHAT YOUVE DONE FOR THE SITE IN 11 YEARS?

OK NINJAHOOD. LET ME CALL COMPLEX AND TELL EM TO WRITE AN ARTICLE ABOUT U.

PEOPLE ARE FAT. THE END.

GO CRY IN THE THREE WOMEN AND BAR RECEIPT THREAD IF U CARE SO MUCH.

Last edited:
You're the guy here crying about others being fat and ruining their shoes.

Like I told you in the DB IX thread, you need a life.

Don't worry about me, I live a fantastic life.

Sounds like you're mad about others being fat and them hurting their shoes, but you right, that's definitely your business. :lol: :lol:

Very heart-wrenching, I bet you're still fat.

reported for personal insult.

go cry over a cupcake and your discounted nikes

Good day, sir.

I'M CRYING :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wish people would take their arguments to PMs and stop ruining this thread every few pages. :smh:

People with 5000+ posts and "contribute" to NT, are in here crapping it up with beefs.

No hate, just take it to PMs, seriously this is silly.

FOR ME THE LEBRON X IS A GREAT SILHOUETTE FOR BASKETBALL; BUT I GOTTA AGREE W LONGSTROKE. THE MATERIALS ARE PISSING ME OFF.

FOR THE IX I FELT THAT THE FLYWIRE AND ALL THE FUSE WAS OK SINCE THE SHOE WAS SUCH AN UNORTHODOX SHAPE.

FOR THE X, SINCE ITS SO SIMILAR TO THE 8 SHOULD HAVE GONE BACK TO THE LEATHER ROUTE.

I'M ALL FOR LIGHWEIGHT BUT COME ON.

AND I FOR ONE DO NOT MIND IF MY BASKETBALL SNEAKERS GET DESTROYED OR CREASE PLAYING BASKETBALL.

Last edited:
I wish people would take their arguments to PMs and stop ruining this thread every few pages.
mean.gif

People with 5000+ posts and "contribute" to NT, are in here crapping it up with beefs.

Welcome to the internet... 
laugh.gif

I wish people would take their arguments to PMs and stop ruining this thread every few pages. :smh:

PLEASE POST NEW LEBRON 10 INFO LEBRON GOD SIR.

YOU GOT INFO ON THE 2013 COLORWAYS?

YOU GOT NEW PICS OF THE TRASHY PRISMS?

YEA..........

MAN I BLAME PETRIE OR WHOEVER DESIGNED THIS UNDERWHELMING MODEL FOR THIS THREAD :smh: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom