Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is looking like the Jordan xi thread now lol. What are you guys talking about lol

LOL LETS JUST MOVE ON.

THE COLORWAYS DID INDEED SAVE THE IX.

NOW WILL THEY DO THE SAME FOR THE X????

THE RELEASED PAIRS ARE IN FACT UNDERWHELMING AT THIS POINT.

SO FAR HAS THE LEBRON X BEEN A FAIL(IN TERMS OF NT OPINION, NOT SALES)???

LOL LETS JUST MOVE ON.
THE COLORWAYS DID INDEED SAVE THE IX.
NOW WILL THEY DO THE SAME FOR THE X????
THE RELEASED PAIRS ARE IN FACT UNDERWHELMING AT THIS POINT.
SO FAR HAS THE LEBRON X BEEN A FAIL(IN TERMS OF NT OPINION, NOT SALES)???

I think part of the problem, is almost ALL colorways look 10x better in person than online pics. I know it holds true for me. I still prefer the 9s though...

THE COLORS DEF LOOK BETTER IN PERSON.

HOW EVER TO MY OWN SHAGRIN THEY DO LOOK CHEAP AS LONGSTROKE STATED.

NEVER DID I EVER THINK THAT WE WOLD BE PREFERRING THE IX MODEL AFTER THE FLACK IT GOT LAST YEAR.

I WILL STAND BY AND SAY THAT FOR THE NEWER MODELS THE 8V1 IS MY FAVORITE.

ALL BLACK PAIR IS ALL U NEED

Damn!! knightlovesqueen is cuttin *** in here. 
laugh.gif
. Nike, leak some more pics of upcoming colorways cause its getting crazy in here now. 

^^^ I think the problem is the pricing. I see some colorways I like but not at retail, and no way in hell will I buy anything with the + garbage in them. That price is down right RUDENESS on nikes part

^^^ I think the problem is the pricing. I see some colorways I like but not at retail, and no way in hell will I buy anything with the + garbage in them. That price is down right RUDENESS on nikes part

PRICING ACROOS THE BOARD W/ NIKE IS RIDIC

I COPPED BOTH ELITES AWAY AND HOME AT RETAIL THEN DOUBLE UPPED ONCE THEY REACHED NEAR 50% OFF.

I WISH THE ELITE MODELS W THE GR IX.

SO IF AN ELITE MODEL DOES DROP I WILL WAIT IF I LIKE IT

I agree . I think they got off on a bad foot with the whole 3 level of pricing gimmick. It alienated the casual consumer to me. And i think they pushed  way 2 many colorways out in such a short amount of time as well as present the nike id way too early. So far, the way nike is handling the kdv and kb8 is they way they should've gone with this model. 

Last edited:
SMH, MEMPH IF I GET SUSPENDED I'M BLAMING YOU AND LONGSTROKE LMAO

I HAD TO COME DEFEND THE ACTUAL ATHLETES WHO ENGAGE IN REAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND USE THEIR SNEAKERS FOR BALL.

ITS CRAZY BC I FEEL LIKE NIKE DOESNT CATER TO ATHLETES ANYMORE OR PERHAPS THE DEMOGRAPHIC IS NO LONGER ATHLETES.

YOU GOT CATS LITERALLY ONLY COPPING KICKS IF DA TONGUE POPS OUT RIGHT OR IF IT LOOKS GOOD WITH THEIR SKINNY JEANS.

SMH

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BUT FOR REAL, NIKE AND ADIDAS MAKE A LOT OF SHOES I FEEL ARE GOOD FOR BALL.

THEY MAY NOT NECESSARILY BE THE SIGS....

A LOT OF PEOPLE NEED TO EXPAND THEIR HORIZONS OUTSIDE OF THE SIGS.

:

FOR ME THE LEBRON X IS A GREAT SILHOUETTE FOR BASKETBALL; BUT I GOTTA AGREE W LONGSTROKE. THE MATERIALS ARE PISSING ME OFF.
FOR THE IX I FELT THAT THE FLYWIRE AND ALL THE FUSE WAS OK SINCE THE SHOE WAS SUCH AN UNORTHODOX SHAPE.
FOR THE X, SINCE ITS SO SIMILAR TO THE 8 SHOULD HAVE GONE BACK TO THE LEATHER ROUTE.
I'M ALL FOR LIGHWEIGHT BUT COME ON.
AND I FOR ONE DO NOT MIND IF MY BASKETBALL SNEAKERS GET DESTROYED OR CREASE PLAYING BASKETBALL.

It boils down to profitability, margins and shoes that are easy to manufacture. You can bet that all future 'Brons, KDs, Kobes will be simplistic designs with 'cosmetic' cues (jewelled swooshes) and wild colours as the focal point - not the actual design itself. This is because they want sneakers that are easy to toss on iD and shoes that easy to replicate down the road.

Going back to what you said about the AJ III and IV, the midsoles on those joints aren't manufactured correctly. They press the 'foam' and air units in the mould but they paint them after. You are indeed right that being heavy will expedite the cracking process, but it's really the painted midsoles that are the problem.

The X are a cheaply made, overly expensive shoe, period.

Oh, and the designer sucks as well. 
I slight agree with the X's being cheaply made, but the iD's take the cake as the WORST ever. Still, if I'm paying $200+ for a pair of shoes, I want the UPMOST quality on these. I have EVERY right to complain. We complain about Jordans being cheaply made, yet we only pay $160, and peeps say, "well the Lebrons have better materials, more durable etc etc etc", THAN when the Lebrons start falling apart people are like "stop complaining, its a basketball shoe", BRUH, SHUT UP.

It's MY money, ill complain all I want.

In regards to the design, naw, the X's are DOPE, period. Waaay better than the IXs.

BC WE ARE TALKING ABOUT OVERWEIGHT NTERS WHO HAVE ZERO OUNCE OF ATHLETIC BLOOD OUMPING THROUGH THEIR VEINS.
THEY DONT KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO REALLY USE SNEAKERS FOR THEIR PURPOSE.
CRYING BOUT HOW THEIR ELITE 9 GOLD SWOOSH CHIPPED BC THEY TRIPPED ON THE SIDEWALK GETTING IN LIKE AT THEIR LOCAL MCDONALDS.
DONT LET ME GET STARTED ON DA HIPPOS WEARING AJIII AND AJIV COMPLAINING THAT THEIR MIDSOLES CRACKED.
ELEPHANT FATBOYS WEARING ELEPHANT PRINT

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I play four times a week during the summer, and then twice a week in the winter. I play outdoors during the summer, down in the cage at West Fourth and on the courts in Central Park in NYC. During the winter I play in leagues, which are all indoors obviously. Indoors I play in Adidas, and this is what I played in all summer, while outdoors.

View media item 168275

View media item 168277
View media item 168278
Here on the heel, is the only place on the upper that shows wear, a scuff.
View media item 168279

They are all after pics, so here is the sole,

View media item 168281

View media item 168282

This is what I expect from a hoops shoe. No chipping, just a good, durable, basketball shoe.

6"4, two fiddy, 34 waist, so no fat boy here.

The X are a cheaply made, overly expensive shoe, period.

Oh, and the designer sucks as well. 

All i know is my two pairs (black/red, and the white/blues) were some of the best sneakers i have ever played ball in, I loved that there was cushion ABOVE the toe area (only sneaker I know that has that). The uppers were indestructible, the only thing that can put them to rest is the soles wearing off which is inevitable. I think the only flaw with them was the laces got eaten up by the metal lace loops.

That Double stacked zoom was on point too, the zoom/air max in the X's is starting to feel more and more like double stacked zoom the more i break them in

Im with Longstroke, Ive had the Lebron 1-4 and they were all very high quality shoes better than the recent Lebrons but. I like the way the recent Lebrons(8 to now) fit better.
The recent Lebrons have better lockdown.

I dont think its crazy for Nike to use better materials so the Swoosh doesnt chip after one game.

In general, Nike products had far and away better quality a decade ago.

First off the 3s were great but explain my shoe laces snapping after wearing em like 10 times ? That's not even cosmetic that's an integral part of the shoe.

And on the Xs. For those that own a pair, they will tell you that the silhouette while similar to the 8 would not work as well with the dynamic fly wire if there was the same upper setup as the 8s. Of they put leather on the Xs I GUARANTEE everyone would say "really Nike?! These are the 8s with a backward swoosh". Always want something else I agree but I'm happy with the product that is the X...

OR MAYBE YOU WERE LYING?
THAT'S WHY I MADE THE STATEMENT THERE IS NO WAY TO PROVE ANYTHING. WE CAN SAY WHATEVER WE WANT. YOU POSTED A PIC OF A PAIR OF SHOES YOU OWN SAYING YOU BALLED IN THEM ALL SUMMER AND WINTER....SO WHAT? HOW DO WE KNOW THAT'S WHAT THOSE SHOES WERE REALLY PUT THROUGH? YOU GOT VIDEO OF YOU PLAYING IN THEM? EVEN IF YOU DID, HOW DO WE KNOW THE PICS OF THE SHOES YOU POST ARE THE ONES IN THE VIDEO...SEE WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS?
I'M GOING TO POST PICS OF MY LEBRON 8 SOUTH BEACH AND SAY I'VE BALLED THEM FOR YEARS. EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE NO CREASES, SCUFFS, DEFECTS, AND AN ICY SOLE STILL.
laugh.gif

"TWO FIDDY FOR PLASTIC"
EHHH, I DON'T BUY THESE SHOES ANYMORE FOR BALL, I HAVE WAY CHEAPER OPTIONS THAT SERVE THAT PURPOSE. JUST FOR STYLE, SO THE ONLY THING I JUDGE BY IS HOW THEY LOOK AND IF I WANT TO PAY THE MSRP FOR THAT LOOK. IF NOT, EASY PASS.
I have proof that I wasn't lying. Do you want it?

When do I ever have anything good to say about Nike and their shoes? Why would I want to lie FOR Nike?

See what I am saying? I could have come here and said ALL of Nike LeBron's are horrible, but they aren't. 

However, in a dispute about what you find to be cool and popular, you have a bit more to protect than I do.

Enter the half truths and misinformation.
I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS OFF TOPIC OR NOT.
BUT DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A MORE BREATHABLE OPTION FOR OUTDOOR BALL FOR SUMMER TIME.
WHILE I AGREE I PREFER LEATHER KICKS OF OLD FOR BALL, BREATHABILITY HAS ALWAYS BEEN AN ISSUE FOR ME IN SUMMER BALL.
Nike wise, The Hyperdunk Max from a few years ago was a damned good shoe, very breathable.

Adidas, you are a bigger fella, so I would not recommend the Crazy Light line, but I would say that the new Adi Power Howard lite is going to be something to look into.

Last edited:
Group shot of Lebrons that I still need to Unds.

View media item 168791
Glad the thread done simmered back down to Lebron X talk. I know I ain't read dudes catching feelings & talking bout dropping dimes on each other.

Snitching online? Wheretheydothatat?! :rofl:

^ yeah I had to pinch myself asking "is this NT?!"... Nice little group of kicks that need to be thawed out.

Places around me still haven't marked down the Windchills. I'm waiting for the pressure's to plummet in price so I can scoop with some discounts or something. Y'all getting some mark downs around the way?

Also, for those that have hooped in them, are you guys not experiencing any bending of the forefoot? I kinda like it, but I'm wondering if that changes as you ball in them more (to give you an idea, I've put in about 20 hrs of hoop time in my pair and the forefoot still does not really flex much at all). Overall though, I'd say that these are the most comfort my legs and feet have experienced AFTER playing for hours. I've had knee/ankle/foot issues and while I still experience pain after playing, it is far less when I play in these.

Anyone with similar or completely different thoughts? I like hearing from those that have balled in them since I haven't had my pair relatively long in comparison to some on here.

For me the X isn't that flexible in the forefoot compared to guard-oriented shoes i.e kobes/droses. Over time after breaking in they flex a bit better but they won't get to the point where you have full flexibility. This is due to the full length air bag and the lack of flex grooves in the outsole.

It's been a good year for the X imo but I'm done for 2012

View media item 168818

Last edited:
OR MAYBE YOU WERE LYING?

THAT'S WHY I MADE THE STATEMENT THERE IS NO WAY TO PROVE ANYTHING. WE CAN SAY WHATEVER WE WANT. YOU POSTED A PIC OF A PAIR OF SHOES YOU OWN SAYING YOU BALLED IN THEM ALL SUMMER AND WINTER....SO WHAT? HOW DO WE KNOW THAT'S WHAT THOSE SHOES WERE REALLY PUT THROUGH? YOU GOT VIDEO OF YOU PLAYING IN THEM? EVEN IF YOU DID, HOW DO WE KNOW THE PICS OF THE SHOES YOU POST ARE THE ONES IN THE VIDEO...SEE WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS?

I'M GOING TO POST PICS OF MY LEBRON 8 SOUTH BEACH AND SAY I'VE BALLED THEM FOR YEARS. EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE NO CREASES, SCUFFS, DEFECTS, AND AN ICY SOLE STILL. :lol:

"TWO FIDDY FOR PLASTIC"

EHHH, I DON'T BUY THESE SHOES ANYMORE FOR BALL, I HAVE WAY CHEAPER OPTIONS THAT SERVE THAT PURPOSE. JUST FOR STYLE, SO THE ONLY THING I JUDGE BY IS HOW THEY LOOK AND IF I WANT TO PAY THE MSRP FOR THAT LOOK. IF NOT, EASY PASS.
I have proof that I wasn't lying. Do you want it?

When do I ever have anything good to say about Nike and their shoes? Why would I want to lie FOR Nike?

See what I am saying? I could have come here and said ALL of Nike LeBron's are horrible, but they aren't. 

However, in a dispute about what you find to be cool and popular, you have a bit more to protect than I do.

Enter the half truths and misinformation.

I DONT KNOW IF THIS IS OFF TOPIC OR NOT.

BUT DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A MORE BREATHABLE OPTION FOR OUTDOOR BALL FOR SUMMER TIME.

WHILE I AGREE I PREFER LEATHER KICKS OF OLD FOR BALL, BREATHABILITY HAS ALWAYS BEEN AN ISSUE FOR ME IN SUMMER BALL.
Nike wise, The Hyperdunk Max from a few years ago was a damned good shoe, very breathable.
Adidas, you are a bigger fella, so I would not recommend the Crazy Light line, but I would say that the new Adi Power Howard lite is going to be something to look into.

SURE. GO AHEAD AND POST IT UP. AWARE ME.

IF YOU CAN PROVIDE PROOF THAT THE SHOES IN THE PIC WERE USED AS YOU SAY, I WOULD BE SHOCKED. THIS IS THE INTERNET, ALMOST NOTHING CAN BE 100% PROVEN. YOU JUST TAKE WHAT PEOPLE TYPE AT FACE VALUE. YOU DON'T KNOW IF I'M LYING AND I DON'T KNOW IF YOU ARE BUT WE BOTH KNOW WHAT WE EXPERIENCED FOR OURSELVES BUT YEA.....GO AHEAD AND PROVE IT TO ME AS YOUR FIRST STATEMENT IMPLIES YOU CAN.

I'VE BALLED IN THESE AROUND 100 TIMES ALREADY

View media item 168815
JUST FINISHED BALLING IN THESE

View media item 168817
THESE SHOES ARE TANKS!!! NOT EVEN A SCRATCH! :lol: :tongue:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom