Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by youngmoney

@ESPNVerrier RT @twithersAP LeBron makes surprise appearance at Nike Skills Camp at Akron. Came in wearing Yankees cap. 2 minutes ago

ummmmmmmmmm how was it a surprise?

youngmoney wrote:
@ESPNVerrier RT @twithersAP LeBron makes surprise appearance at Nike Skills Camp at Akron. Came in wearing Yankees cap. 2 minutes ago

Nothing in this above statement is a surprise.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by JrizzyJay

4614342328_8cbc8acb9b_b.jpg

As the days pass, I'm starting to doubt Chicago has a chance.
Same here
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Lebron to the NJ...err.... Brooklyn Nets cuz it actually makes sense for him. Think about it.
I did think about it and it makes less and less sense the more I do think about it.  Why in the world would he want to play in Newark?  There's not guarantee that the team will be ready to play in Brooklyn in 2 years.  The Nets have always been the little unwanted red headed stepchild to the Knicks.  He might as well go play with the Clippers if he doesn't mind being on the team in the shadows.  At least the Clippers got a lot of talent.  The Nets only won 12 games last year, and standing as it is right now, they actually got worse offensively by losing Yi Jianlin, Chris Douglas Roberts and Keyon Dooling and not replacing them with anyone. As for Camel, LeBron got a lot of friends.  Doesn't mean he is going to partner his career with them.  If that was the case, he would have already signed on the dotted line to play with D.Wade and Bosh.  2 Guys that could actually make a difference "on" the court.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

if he lets hometown control his career, he will go down as another legend without a ring....its a business Bron Bron, grow up and do what will suit you best, not the community 40 min away from where you were born
Co-sign.  I really want him to leave Cleveland just so he can win multiple titles which I don't think will happen there.  If he stays in Cleveland he's bound to win one but these other teams offer him the chance to win at least 3 IMO. 

Originally Posted by lilpennymagicfan

so dru joyce told me earlier that brons staying... he was asked 2 be there when bron has a press conference....
Off topic, but please don't tell me you are the same lilpennymagicfan that posted those pics of the girl with LeBrons on $¢.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It seems like if he stays in Cleveland, everybody (with the exception of Cleveland) is going to be disappointed. Media wise, it seems like he is in a no-win situation no matter what he does.  Poor guy is in A-Rod territory now as far as scrutiny is concerned.

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

if he lets hometown control his career, he will go down as another legend without a ring....its a business Bron Bron, grow up and do what will suit you best, not the community 40 min away from where you were born
Co-sign.  I really want him to leave Cleveland just so he can win multiple titles which I don't think will happen there.  If he stays in Cleveland he's bound to win one but these other teams offer him the chance to win at least 3 IMO. 

The problem is now, everyone is stuck in the now like the Cavs wont make better moves to accommodate Lebron. They 60 games two years in a row! The team may not be a championship contender but what if it was the coach?

Plus its only July. There are moves to be made.

"If He plays the hometown route He's screwed."   Shut up.
laugh.gif

Has anybody asked MJ what He would do in this situation? I would like to see what He thinks of this circus. 

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

Lebron to the NJ...err.... Brooklyn Nets cuz it actually makes sense for him. Think about it.
I did think about it and it makes less and less sense the more I do think about it.  Why in the world would he want to play in Newark?  There's not guarantee that the team will be ready to play in Brooklyn in 2 years.  The Nets have always been the little unwanted red headed stepchild to the Knicks.  He might as well go play with the Clippers if he doesn't mind being on the team in the shadows.  At least the Clippers got a lot of talent.  The Nets only won 12 games last year, and standing as it is right now, they actually got worse offensively by losing Yi Jianlin, Chris Douglas Roberts and Keyon Dooling and not replacing them with anyone. As for Camel, LeBron got a lot of friends.  Doesn't mean he is going to partner his career with them.  If that was the case, he would have already signed on the dotted line to play with D.Wade and Bosh.  2 Guys that could actually make a difference "on" the court.
Imo, you're assuming too much.

- Winning is relative. Did Lebron win on the Cavs? Sure. Did he win a chip? No. Nobody's killing Lebron for not winning a ring on the Cavs. Of course it detracts from his position within the greatest of NBA players that he doesn't have a ring but regardless he'll still be one of the NBA's all time greats. Whether he's a subjective # 1, 3, 10, or whatever is meaningless.

- The pressure to win on the Knicks would be intense from the get go and whether James wins or loses may not even depend on him. Especially knowing the hsitory of the Knicks front office; bad decision after bad decision. On the other hand, Lebron would basically get 2 years to settle into the Nets. Even after the y move into Brooklyn, he won't be pressured to win a ring right off the bat. The first year in Brooklyn will be a honeymoon year and the fans will just be glad to see Lebron play in Brooklyn. After that he'll have 2 years of "pressure" (although it'll be much less intense than if he was on the Knicks) to at least make the Finals.

- Lebron could create his own legacy in Brooklyn. He will be the face of the Nets for decades to come whether he wins a ring or not.  On the Knicks? If he wins a ring, of course he'll be idolized.
If he doesn't? Oh boy.
laugh.gif

- Lebron would be able to make virtually the same amount of money in Brooklyn as in NYC vis-a-vis endorsements and his brand/image. Recall that consulting firm the Knicks hired to analyze which market James  could make the most money; supposedly they left out the Nets because the NYC/ Brooklyn #'s were too close.

- Brooklyn is the mecca of ball in NYC. Madison Square Garden or not.
With some like Lebron playing in Brooklyn, especially, if they are successful,  the Nets will not be a stepchild. Believe that.

I'll say it again because I think it's a major point.

Whether James wins a ring or not for the Nets he will be the face of the Brooklyn franchise for decades to come. Lebron will be Brooklyn ball.
On the Knicks side? If he wins, he's in great shape. If he doesn't, he'd just be another L in the Knick's "storied" franchise.

Lebron coming to the Nets makes every bit of sense. The reward: risk ratio is much better than going to the Knicks or anywhere else.
CHI has never been in the running from the start. Lebron doesn't want to be in Jordan's shadow.

That picture is
pimp.gif

Lebron is a fool if he stays in Cleveland.  Point blank.  Like many of you said, now is the time in his career where he has to make a move if he wants to win multiple rings.  When I heard CHI delivered that box of shoes to him enclosed with that message, I thought how dumb are they?  James has always hated being compared to Jordan, and I believe that him going to the Bulls would only fuel the comparisons even more.  I don't see him going to NY because that franchise still has a long way to go if they don't sign someone else, and James on the LAC just seems strange to me.  Who does that leave?  MIA and NJ.  MIA would be a really good fit if Dwyane Wade stays put.  But word to wawaweewa...he may be right about all that.
nerd.gif

Imo, you're assuming too much.

- Winning is relative. Did Lebron win on the Cavs? Sure. Did he win a chip? No. Nobody's killing Lebron for not winning a ring on the Cavs. Of course it detracts from his position within the greatest of NBA players that he doesn't have a ring but regardless he'll still be one of the NBA's all time greats. Whether he's a subjective # 1, 3, 10, or whatever is meaningless.

- The pressure to win on the Knicks would be intense from the get go and whether James wins or loses may not even depend on him. Especially knowing the hsitory of the Knicks front office; bad decision after bad decision. On the other hand, Lebron would basically get 2 years to settle into the Nets. Even after the y move into Brooklyn, he won't be pressured to win a ring right off the bat. The first year in Brooklyn will be a honeymoon year and the fans will just be glad to see Lebron play in Brooklyn. After that he'll have 2 years of "pressure" (although it'll be much less intense than if he was on the Knicks) to at least make the Finals.

- Lebron could create his own legacy in Brooklyn. He will be the face of the Nets for decades to come whether he wins a ring or not.  On the Knicks? If he wins a ring, of course he'll be idolized.
If he doesn't? Oh boy.
laugh.gif

- Lebron would be able to make virtually the same amount of money in Brooklyn as in NYC vis-a-vis endorsements and his brand/image. Recall that consulting firm the Knicks hired to analyze which market James  could make the most money; supposedly they left out the Nets because the NYC/ Brooklyn #'s were too close.

- Brooklyn is the mecca of ball in NYC. Madison Square Garden or not.
With some like Lebron playing in Brooklyn, especially, if they are successful,  the Nets will not be a stepchild. Believe that.

I'll say it again because I think it's a major point.

Whether James wins a ring or not for the Nets he will be the face of the Brooklyn franchise for decades to come. Lebron will be Brooklyn ball.
On the Knicks side? If he wins, he's in great shape. If he doesn't, he'd just be another L in the Knick's "storied" franchise.

Lebron coming to the Nets makes every bit of sense. The reward: risk ratio is much better than going to the Knicks or anywhere else.
CHI has never been in the running from the start. Lebron doesn't want to be in Jordan's shadow.

-  From everything I've heard, I don't think he wants to be just one of the NBA's all time greats.  He wants to be the greatest.  Winning is everything.  The Nets historically are the equivalent of the east coast Clippers. 

-  The Knicks front office is totally different then it has been historically.  If anything, the most recent regime of management under Donnie Walsh is impressive.  How many other GM's would have been able to unload the atrocious contracts (given by the past regime) of Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph and Jared Jeffries? 
As for him shying away from pressure, do you really think he wants to be a big fish in a small pond?  If that was the case, why would he leave Cleveland for? 

-  Being the face of the Nets is comparative to Pee Wee Herman being the poster boy for masturbation.  Really, who cares?  As for not winning a ring with the Knicks, Ewing and John Starks didnt win any, but theyre still beloved by NY.

-  As for making money in NYC (manhattan) compared to BK, Manhattan's the financial capital of the world.  And don't underestimate MSG's financial power. They don't call it the most famous arena in the world for nothing.  Not to mention, the MSG network, where I'm sure Lebron could have his own show. 

-  What was the last pro basketball team Brooklyn had?   Nuff said!  I don't see how a place could be the mecca of basketball when they never even had an NBA team.  Make no mistake about it, people like you and me are not what these franchises want filling their stadium.  They're looking to sell corporate accounts, PSL's and Luxury boxes.  That's where the moneys at.  Comparing BK to the city is like comparing silver to gold. 

-  Let me ask you this, what affection does Lebron have for Brooklyn?  He has no ties to the borough.  He's not from there, has never lived there, and has never played there.  He's a fan of NYC.  He's been quoted saying how MSG is his favorite place to play and how he appreciates it's history.  I think the only reason he met with the Nets is out of respect for his buddy Jay.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif
. Im done with this thread. Yall have fun....

Don't know if you're from OH or not.
Lebron ain't staying in Cleveland though.
laugh.gif
He's gone about as far as he can there.

It's between the Knicks and the Nets.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Animal Thug1539 wrote:
I hope NYK end up with NOTHING but a over the hill player (Amare) getting paid max money.
Denial
Animal Thug1539 wrote:
I take back what I said about hoping the Knicks get nothing. (Realtalk). Knick fans are some of the most passionate and most devoted fans I've ever seen. 

Stuck with their team through all the tough times and I can relate to how dreadful it could be...good luck team NYK.
Animal Thug1539 wrote:
And thats why I've stated in the Lebron 2010 post that I take back what i said about yall and hoping yall get nothing. I really want to see the Knicks with a couple of great players. 

It seems when the Knicks are good, the East Conference is balanced. Good luck yall.

Guilt
Animal Thug1539 wrote:
Like i give damn what doubleK's said. Holla at me when your Knicks win 40 games in one season dog..

BUST.

Anger
Next stage is depression...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

-  From everything I've heard, I don't think he wants to be just one of the NBA's all time greats.  He wants to be the greatest.  Winning is everything.  The Nets historically are the equivalent of the east coast Clippers. 

-  The Knicks front office is totally different then it has been historically.  If anything, the most recent regime of management under Donnie Walsh is impressive.  How many other GM's would have been able to unload the atrocious contracts (given by the past regime) of Jamal Crawford, Zach Randolph and Jared Jeffries? 
As for him shying away from pressure, do you really think he wants to be a big fish in a small pond?  If that was the case, why would he leave Cleveland for? 

-  Being the face of the Nets is comparative to Pee Wee Herman being the poster boy for masturbation.  Really, who cares?  As for not winning a ring with the Knicks, Ewing and John Starks didnt win any, but theyre still beloved by NY.

-  As for making money in NYC (manhattan) compared to BK, Manhattan's the financial capital of the world.  And don't underestimate MSG's financial power. They don't call it the most famous arena in the world for nothing.  Not to mention, the MSG network, where I'm sure Lebron could have his own show. 

-  What was the last pro basketball team Brooklyn had?   Nuff said!  I don't see how a place could be the mecca of basketball when they never even had an NBA team.  Make no mistake about it, people like you and me are not what these franchises want filling their stadium.  They're looking to sell corporate accounts, PSL's and Luxury boxes.  That's where the moneys at.  Comparing BK to the city is like comparing silver to gold. 

-  Let me ask you this, what affection does Lebron have for Brooklyn?  He has no ties to the borough.  He's not from there, has never lived there, and has never played there.  He's a fan of NYC.  He's been quoted saying how MSG is his favorite place to play and how he appreciates it's history.  I think the only reason he met with the Nets is out of respect for his buddy Jay.

I think you make some good points but...

- Lebron has also said he wants to be a billionaire. If it was all about winning , he could take (much) less money, go somewhere else and win a  ring easy.
Obviously it's not all about winning. Coming to the Knicks does not guarantee him a ring. far from it. Dolan still signs the checks and he's not know for his great decisions.

- Ewing and Starks are beloved because the fans didn't have expectations of them to win a ring.....from the start of their careers. Ewing was drafted and Starks tried out for the team in 1990.
Lebron is coming in as a mercenary.
laugh.gif

- NYC is NYC. Really it don't matter .Unless it's the Bronx or Staten Island.
laugh.gif
Queens is far behind in 3rd but NYC is synonymous with Manhattan and Brooklyn.  Even though I don't know it as 100% fact, I'd be inclined to beleive the report that consulting firm kept Brooklyn off of the list because it showed that James could make relatively the same amount of money if he was playing for the Knicks.

- If Lebron comes to Brooklyn all 2.7 million people will buy his $@!!. I stopped following the NBA after Jordan left and haven't come back since. If Lebron comes to Brooklyn, not only will I start following the NBA again but Ill actually go to the games and buy (my first ever) Jersey. There will be plenty of folks like me. Look at it this way. Manhattan may be that JO who's the glitz and glamor but BK is that steady wifey who produces day in and day out. No matter how hard the grind gets.
tongue.gif

-  Doesn't really matter that Brooklyn has never had a pro team.  Manhattan ball is Brooklyn ball. Brooklyn ball is NYC ball. What's there to talk about.
laugh.gif

Brooklyn is the mecca of basketball in the city. It just is.

- You're making too much of a distinction between Manhattan and Brooklyn.  Liek I said, unless your SI or Bronx, it's all the same really. Queens is somewhat behind but Manhattan and Brooklyn is NYC .

It all comes down to whether Lebron wants the pressure in exchange for the potential of being a literal deity in NYC or whether he wants a more laid back career that will offer virtually all of the same benefits but has maybe 85-90% of the "deity" potential.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

laugh.gif
. Im done with this thread. Yall have fun....

Don't know if you're from OH or not.
Lebron ain't staying in Cleveland though.
laugh.gif
He's gone about as far as he can there.

It's between the Knicks and the Nets.

This...

knicks fans will not easily turn into nets fans even if lebron went there. you have no idea what you are talking about. it would be like chicago disowning the cubs

As much as I'd like to see it, and as exciting as I think it would be if he left Cleveland and went to a major market like NYC/Chi (or even MIA)... All signs point to Lebron remaining in Cleveland. As others have stated, I think the hometown pressure to stay is just 'too much.' I'm not sold that he can win a championship in Cleveland soon without another key piece. They are in dire need of a shooter (Ray Allen available, but staying in Boston probably) and without signing Bosh, Boozer, or David Lee (since Amare is now officially a Knick) I don't see Cleveland being able to win the East.

As much as I'd like to see it, and as exciting as I think it would be if he left Cleveland and went to a major market like NYC/Chi (or even MIA)... All signs point to Lebron remaining in Cleveland. As others have stated, I think the hometown pressure to stay is just 'too much.' I'm not sold that he can win a championship in Cleveland soon without another key piece. They are in dire need of a shooter (Ray Allen available, but staying in Boston probably) and without signing Bosh, Boozer, or David Lee (since Amare is now officially a Knick) I don't see Cleveland being able to win the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom