Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole Heat thing is great. I can just pull the default move everyone used on Kobe back for the first 3 and say:

"Wade never won without Shaq, Lebron, or Bosh"

"LeBron never won without Wade or Bosh"

"Bosh never won without Wade or Lebron"

laugh.gif
I've got my Hater fuel for years now!

call it official... Miami just came to an agreement with Mike Miller....
and we ALL know that Mike Miller cant go to Miami and Lebron isnt there..... unless Lebron can detach his #$%$ and Mike Millers lips from it.

i must say that d wade goes down as the most unselfish person on earth if bron signs with the heat. but reports are that d wades people are in his ear scared that lebron will steal the spotlight. be careful what you wish for mister wade
happy.gif
  i can see that 3 man group turn into enemies really quick.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

More rumors...this is from Bill Simmons' twitter

LeBron James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this weekend to celebrate his team decision, two sources confirm to UsMagazine.com.

doesn't make any sense since LeBron is supposed to be at Melo's wedding this weekend (which is in NY)

New sources say that LeBron is now leaning towards the Heat, with my country out of the World Cup and LeBron possibly headed to my city I'm getting caught up in the hype. After reading some of the posts in here yesterday I was convinced he was headed to the Knicks but I really hope he comes here with Wade and Bosh.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by ddot7

I think it's disgusting that Twitter has become a "source" for news. Like, people really are relying on things posted on Twitter as reliable information.

This

Um, whats so disgusting about it? Twitter is legit and its not going anywhere. Major, MAJOR news outlets and organizations have cosigned twitter

Journalism is a lot more than a story writtin in 160 characters or less. I would not look to twitter for breaking news. While there is nothing wrong with Twitter per say it is the dumb it down version of the news. Anybody can tweet "My inside sources tell me LeBron is going to Miami" and have a chance of being right. In this day and age journalists are looking for the headline with little regard for facts. Twitter makes this all the easier for them.
right but it's not about *anybody* tweeting stuff, its about primary sources. i mean basically all twitter has changed is the "breaking news" game. your not supposed to go to twitter for in depth opinions. however having such easy and instant access to a breaking story from a primary source is a positive for journalism IMO. it's up to the writers to keep up the integrity of it and for the most part they definitely are.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

This whole Heat thing is great. I can just pull the default move everyone used on Kobe back for the first 3 and say:

"Wade never won without Shaq, Lebron, or Bosh"

"LeBron never won without Wade or Bosh"

"Bosh never won without Wade or Lebron"

laugh.gif
I've got my Hater fuel for years now!

laugh.gif

I don't even wanna know what the Heat are gonna be like in 2K11 
sick.gif

its kind of stupid for people to say his legacy will be altered....if they run off 5 or 6 rings in a row nobody is going to say well you are less of a player except the people on niketalk.... look at all the teams who have won rings before.... kobe and shaq...magic and the showtime lakers....jordan and pippen....all those great celtics teams....none of those guys are looked at differently because they played alont with other stars....

Originally Posted by outkast9984

its kind of stupid for people to say his legacy will be altered....if they run off 5 or 6 rings in a row nobody is going to say well you are less of a player except the people on niketalk.... look at all the teams who have won rings before.... kobe and shaq...magic and the showtime lakers....jordan and pippen....all those great celtics teams....none of those guys are looked at differently because they played alont with other stars....
That's not the issue. The issue is if he wants to be the greatest basketball player of all time it's a major cop out to go and play with another superstar and elite player.

Do you think MJ or Kobe would have taken the easy way out or opted to go somewhere else that presented a challenge and where they would truly be the top dog?

That is kinda true though, the fact that they have 1 more better player shouldn't tarnished their legacy. If they can somehow win at least 4 straight that be a hell of an accomplishment

Even in july, Lebron knows how to make the whole city sweat more than the humidity.
The drama, anticipation, the waiting and this humidity is too much for me to handle. Gotta keep hydrated lolol

Even in july, Lebron knows how to make the whole city sweat more than the humidity.
The drama, anticipation, the waiting and this humidity is too much for me to handle. Gotta keep hydrated lolol

Couple of other things...

• If reports were true (and they look like it considering what's going on) about LeBron's camp leaking Wade & Bosh's decision early...that's foul as hell. Says even more about him and the type of people he's associated with. You'd think they'd all want to announce "The Dream Team" at the same time since the decision was made between all of them. But not LeBron. Apparently that TV special his people had conjured meant more to him than anything else. I see you, son.
  • Congrats to the Heat and their real fans. I know there's a couple of y'all on here. But I can't help and
    smh.gif
    that out of all the places, it's the one where most people don't give a !$@+ about the team unless they're on a championship run. We've seen the half-empty arenas and attendance #'s. Obviously that will change now...
  • Bill Simmons mentioned it and I said it a couple days ago...Stephen A. Smith comes out the winner. Whether it was confirmed or not, he called all 3 of them going to MIA almost two weeks ago.
  • Props to @pdcavsinsider (Brian Windhorst, Cavs beat writer). He's done the best job of all the journalists covering this story IMO. Never let his bias get in the way either.

Interested to see what the money situations are gonna be. Whats odd is i'd be most shocked to see Bosh take the least money cause hes got an ego like i dunno what.
laugh.gif

And now with 6 mil on the books in Miller, but that has to be the MLE right?

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Originally Posted by outkast9984

That's not the issue. The issue is if he wants to be the greatest basketball player of all time it's a major cop out to go and play with another superstar and elite player.

Do you think MJ or Kobe would have taken the easy way out or opted to go somewhere else that presented a challenge and where they would truly be the top dog?
we dont have to compare him to mj or kobe... kobe is kobe and mj is mj....obviously if he goes to miami its not about greatness or best of all time this or that....its about winning... and i honestly blame cleveland partially for this... bron has been there what 7 years now? what have they dont to give him good sidekicks? i honestly have no idea how they won all those game in te regualr season because that roster is nothing to fond over....only god know what his legacy will be down the line and im sure they will do something special over in miami.... i mean you are telling me that if they win 4 or 5 championships his legacy will be tarnished? in the end he will be judged on rings not his numbers.... this isnt baseball where for the most part everyone is judged on stats

eek.gif
at Cleveland fans saying Lebron wasn't good enough.

I'm really hoping that Lebron will come to Miami, that's my city
pimp.gif

But I don't think he will, the whole thing of people saying he needed Bosh and Wade to win would be to much for him. But then again, it takes more than one player to win a championship, so who knows...
nerd.gif

SO let me ask you this. Do you think LeBron has basically relinquished ANY chances of him being considered the best of all time if he teams up with Wade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom