Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by rashi

If LeBron comes here to Miami...

1. Miami Heat
Everybody else

If LeBron goes to NY, not in any order.

1. Miami ?
2. Boston
3. NY ?
4. Chicago ??????
5. Atlanta ???????
This has to be joke.

You really think NY, even with Lebron, Chicago, and Atlanta is better then Orlando??? ORLY?

I wasn't listing them in a "Top 5".

More rumors...this is from Bill Simmons' twitter

LeBron James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this weekend to celebrate his team decision, two sources confirm to UsMagazine.com.

If he does join the Heat then who do you guys see joining the team for the veterans minimum? I'm thinking Shaq will be interested in going back
laugh.gif
. T-Mac? Iverson? Juwan Howard?
laugh.gif

I'm still saying the Knicks...ESPN is just trying to stir the pot in order to try and get people to watch the Lebrocalypse tonight.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If Lebron goes to Chicago and wins a championship, he's going to be faulted by many for playing with a great PG in Rose....if he goes to NY and wins a championship, he's going to be faulted for playing with a premier 4 in STAT. 
There's a difference between playing with Rose and co./STAT and co. vs. Wade/Bosh and co.

He would be THE man if he's in Chicago, Cleveland, NY, NJ, etc. He will forever be Robin by going to MIA. Not saying it's bad...but his legacy won't be looked at the same, no matter how many rings they win down there.
Originally Posted by Dapper D

I mean, what about competitive spirit?
Just as a competitor, wouldn't you rather win a ring going to war against top notch Bull/Celtic/Heat teams rather than hopping on the next man's bandwagon...
Word. This move solidifies he ain't built like MJ and Kobe.

You're the greatest talent in basketball. You have the opportunity to create a unique legacy somewhere and possibly take MJ's throne (depending on his success). Why wouldn't you try and seize that?

*shrugs*

Different strokes.
Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Doesn't it depend on what he does relative to Bosh and Wade once he gets there? What if he throws up a triple double and becomes the clear leader of that team, knocks down game winning jumpers, and takes over games in the Finals? The mere presence of Wade and Bosh necessarily tarnishes his legacy? Is Wade definitively better than Pippen ever was as a Bull? Is Bosh better than Kevin McHale as a Celtic? Is it not possible that LeBron will still be the Alpha Dog?
Make no mistake...Miami is Dwayne Wade's team. He's the leader. They're coming to him...unless Bron goes OFF in the Finals, it'll be Wade winning MVP's.

Yes, Wade and Bosh tarnish his case for GOAT. People wanna talk about Kobe and Shaq...well, what's this then?

LeBron making the move to another man's team/city is a concession that he ISN'T the Alpha Dog.
Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Some STRONG word going around that Dan Gilbert plans to file tampering charges against Pat Riley & the Heat........
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

U Mad Daniel??????
I almost feel bad for ol' boy.
laugh.gif
Can't imagine how dude must be feeling right now.

BTW, they should give Pat Riley an Executive of the Decade award. Dude might have had the greatest success in free agency history. Got D-Wade to act on his behalf and recruit so it wouldn't be tampering...then had him do fake meetings with the competition to gauge their plans. Riles is a GENIUS.

All that Wade to Chicago nonsense was bogus. Wade sayin' he had a tear in his eye thinking about it.
laugh.gif
*+@%! please...can't hate on him for pullin' it off though.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Baller23217

I don't know if I'm speaking for more people than just myself but I guess I was just hopeful we would see someone challenge MJ for the title of GOAT. If LeBron goes to Miami, I think he completely takes himself out of that race. That's what disappoints me most.
Why? I don't understand this at all.

Doesn't it depend on what he does relative to Bosh and Wade once he gets there? What if he throws up a triple double and becomes the clear leader of that team, knocks down game winning jumpers, and takes over games in the Finals? The mere presence of Wade and Bosh necessarily tarnishes his legacy? Is Wade definitively better than Pippen ever was as a Bull? Is Bosh better than Kevin McHale as a Celtic? Is it not possible that LeBron will still be the Alpha Dog?

And even if he shares the load with others, I think it's a shame that he'll still get trashed for it. Fans and media are impossible to please. Everyone criticizes players constantly for taking as much money as possible even if it means playing on crappy teams, and now we have a case of a guy possibly leaving $30 mil on the table to improve his chances of winning, and he's still getting trashed for it.

As someone else said:

If he stays in Cleveland, he's naive and doesn't care about winning.
If he goes to NY, he's disloyal and is only after improving his brand.
If he goes to Chicago, he's just trying to fill MJ's shoes and he never will.
If he goes to Miami, he'll never be the GOAT because he's playing with other stars.

grin.gif

Yes, I do think D Wade is better than Pippen was as a Bull.  We're talking about a top 5 guy in the NBA.  Scottie wouldn't be called a top 5 NBA player during his time with Chicago (granted you had guys like Barkley, Magic, etc...)

As a Heat fan, I'm a little skeptical of LeBron coming here and people saying the egos wont get in the way. Yet, LeBron is taking out an hour on the biggest sports media outlet on the planet for himself.

I think it's disgusting that Twitter has become a "source" for news. Like, people really are relying on things posted on Twitter as reliable information.

Originally Posted by ddot7

I think it's disgusting that Twitter has become a "source" for news. Like, people really are relying on things posted on Twitter as reliable information.

This

All that Wade to Chicago nonsense was bogus. Wade sayin' he had a tear in his eye thinking about it.
laugh.gif
*+@%! please...can't hate on him for pullin' it off though.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

This

You'd be a fool to rely on twitter for news. Even though I do believe some consistent tweeter feeds, I would never take it serious. Its all entertainment for me. Its not like im hitting twitter to read up on world politics.

This

Um, whats so disgusting about it? Twitter is legit and its not going anywhere. Major, MAJOR news outlets and organizations have cosigned twitter

man i really dont want Bron to go to Miami, like some of yall said already he would have needed a super all-star AND a Superstar to win. it wouldnt be that fun seeing them bull doze the east
laugh.gif

id rather have him in NY battling against Wade and Bosh/ Boozer and Rose, Celtics, Lando, and all those teams.

Twitter = Wikipedia

Some things on twitter can be discredited, but there are PLENTY of reliable sources on the site who do a good job of breaking news when it happens. 

pretty much:

Major, MAJOR news outlets and organizations have cosigned twitter

There's a difference between playing with Rose and co./STAT and co. vs. Wade/Bosh and co.

He would be THE man if he's in Chicago, Cleveland, NY, NJ, etc. He will forever be Robin by going to MIA. Not saying it's bad...but his legacy won't be looked at the same, no matter how many rings they win down there.

Illoquent....what I was saying was a bit of a stretch, but my point was is that no matter where Bron signs (and if he wins a championship), there will be criticism and detractors....

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

If he spurns them, then suddenly we're looking at the most disastrous decade in the history of New York sports -- first the Layden Era, then the Isiah Era, then Donnie Walsh spending two years gutting the team so he could spend $100 million on a guy with a bad knee and a bad eye who hasn't played defense in six years. Do you realize the Knicks will have given away top-ten lottery picks in 2004, '06, '07, '09, '10 and, potentially, '11 and '12 without making the playoffs or landing one superstar? How is that even possible?
laugh.gif
damn

who's the 100 million dollar man?

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If Lebron goes to Chicago and wins a championship, he's going to be faulted by many for playing with a great PG in Rose....if he goes to NY and wins a championship, he's going to be faulted for playing with a premier 4 in STAT. 

Originally Posted by Dapper D

I mean, what about competitive spirit?
Just as a competitor, wouldn't you rather win a ring going to war against top notch Bull/Celtic/Heat teams rather than hopping on the next man's bandwagon...
Word. This move solidifies he ain't built like MJ and Kobe.

You're the greatest talent in basketball. You have the opportunity to create a unique legacy somewhere and possibly take MJ's throne (depending on his success). Why wouldn't you try and seize that?

*shrugs*

Different strokes.

Co-sign all of this. More than any other sport the NBA NEEDS parity. If Lebron joins with Wade and Bosh, it will make the rest of the Eastern Conference damn near unwatchable. I want to see Lebron develop a rivalry with a team like Kobe and the Lakers did with Sacramento, MJ did with the Pistons etc. The NBA was GREAT when the Heat/Knicks rivalry was poppin off. I'd love to see that again 

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

This

Um, whats so disgusting about it? Twitter is legit and its not going anywhere. Major, MAJOR news outlets and organizations have cosigned twitter

Journalism is a lot more than a story writtin in 160 characters or less. I would not look to twitter for breaking news. While there is nothing wrong with Twitter per say it is the dumb it down version of the news. Anybody can tweet "My inside sources tell me LeBron is going to Miami" and have a chance of being right. In this day and age journalists are looking for the headline with little regard for facts. Twitter makes this all the easier for them.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Source told FOXSports.com Miami Heat have offered Mike Miller 5-year deal worth 27-30 million with deadline tonight.
Interesting.....
Mike Miller (if he takes the deal), will be the first guy to average 0/7/5.

*in all seriousness, I like this deal for Miller....dude would be awesome alongside Bron, Bosh, and Wade

Originally Posted by solesavage

This

You'd be a fool to rely on twitter for news. Even though I do believe some consistent tweeter feeds, I would never take it serious. Its all entertainment for me. Its not like im hitting twitter to read up on world politics.
I don't have anything to do with Twitter and yet I still hear references to it all the time in regards to news stories.  I think this whole Lebron fiasco has just escalated it in my mind and apparently the "source" of some of the media reporting that certain teams were in the lead was actually due to rumors spread through Twitter?  It's comical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom