Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
now we have a case of a guy possibly leaving $30 mil on the table to improve his chances of winning, and he's still getting trashed for it.

This is kind of a misconception cause like somebody on espn radio said the extra 30mil isn't guaranteed on this contract but when he starts his next contract like Kobe dude would start out getting like 30 so health willing you will make that 30 mil up.

There are a lot of cry babies in this thread. Whatever Bron decides to do will be what he feels is best for him. At the end of the day it's just a game, but I do hope he will be suited up in a Heat jersey.

There are a lot of cry babies in this thread. Whatever Bron decides to do will be what he feels is best for him. At the end of the day it's just a game, but I do hope he will be suited up in a Heat jersey.

1st off, lebron James is the man:pimp: anybody who can shut the sports world down like this is the man. Espn is lbjtv right now, and if you can do that, kudos to you sir.

But IMO, it's either the heat or knicks, and one could make an argument for either one. I kind of think that the knicks went hard at amare because they had an agreement going with lebron that if we got amare, then I'll sign, or something like that, but of course, that's just speculation.

As for the heat, if he's about winning like he said, he'll go there. As far as I'm concerned, Thats a great look for him, and his respect level should go through the roof he does this. Taking less money, sharing the spotlight, all for a ring, that's a champion right there. The rumors now, are swirling about the heat, so who knows.

However, he definitely shouldn't and IMO isn't reupping with the cavs. They have done all they can do with that team, and won't have any real shot at signing or trading for an upgrade even if they do resign lebron.

Regardless, it should be fun.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

now we have a case of a guy possibly leaving $30 mil on the table to improve his chances of winning, and he's still getting trashed for it.

This is kind of a misconception cause like somebody on espn radio said the extra 30mil isn't guaranteed on this contract but when he starts his next contract like Kobe dude would start out getting like 30 so health willing you will make that 30 mil up.

True, and there is also the fact that he'll probably more than make up the 30 mil in endorsements by going to a bigger market than Cleveland, but he is right now literally leaving 30 million dollars on the table, and doing it before a possible lockout that might lower salary caps. You've got to give him some sort of props for that.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I am going to get absolutely hammered leading up to this announcement.
Like you need an excuse to get hammered
laugh.gif

Too many irrational LeBron haters here
laugh.gif

-If LeBron goes to Miami, he is chasing rings (even though LeBron haters love to criticize him for not having any rings)
-If LeBron goes to the NYK, he does not care about winning and only cares about making money
-If LeBron stays with the Cavs then he is trying too hard to build a legacy like Jordan by sticking with the same team

eyes.gif

I dislike LeBron's arrogance as much as anyone else but some people here get too emotional about his decision making.

Anyways, I dont see him joining the Heat for several different reasons...the Heat will have trouble filling up the rest of the roster, it'll be tough for a guy like LeBron to share the attention with 2 other stars, it'll hurt his 'legacy' by joining 2 other stars, he'll be labelled a 'ring chaser', etc.

IMO it's either the Knicks ($$$$$ + decent group of players right now), Nets (Brooklyn + Jay-Z), or the Cavs (loyalty).

My only problem in it all would be those that always complain that nobody is willing to leave money on the table to win..

and, now if it happens, they call them cowards.

LeBron has been insistent on becoming a global brand (Miami is NOT getting him this, regardless # of titles), to the point that this almost would look like a sign of defeat, or weakness. But the money vs winning issue can't go both ways.

If the choice is the Knicks tonight, most of the same people saying coward right now, will be saying winning isn't important to him.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Al3xis

PersiaFly wrote:
As someone else said:

If he stays in Cleveland, he's naive and doesn't care about winning.
If he goes to NY, he's disloyal and is only after improving his brand.
If he goes to Chicago, he's just trying to fill MJ's shoes and he never will.
If he goes to Miami, he'll never be the GOAT because he's playing with other stars.

grin.gif
this is true. very true. he's gona get criticism regardless.

But he's backed himself into this no-win corner.

- you know? i would'nt say he backed himself into this corner. had someone.....ANYONE, came to join him in CLE you could cross the first one off the list.......

This...If he does go with Miami...wow...Now that is a Big 3 Team...But if they don't win any Rings they will all be bashed for not winning anything and if they do They will all Be critisized because they couldn't do it on their own...Will Lebron get bashed as much as Kobe does for winning with
Shaq and then winning with Pau?? Lakers 2011 Champs regardless what happens 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Trust me, I see everyone's opinion on Lebron potentially joining Miami. But honestly (and assuming) he wins a championship there will be detractors no matter where he signs (aside from Cleveland). I can't front, I've flip-flopped on this whole issue MANY times over the past couple of days. One day I'm thinking NY, and the next it's somewhere else. While I appreciate Lebron's talents, at the end of the day, he's handling this whole situation like a %!++%. I'm sure I'm not alone in having no respect for the guy after this whole ordeal. If he signs with Miami, can he put his ego in-check to be second-fiddle in South Beach. Like ya'll were saying, it's "Wade County." As a b-ball fan, I'd love to see him sign to see how this "dream team" would work out. I have doubts because there is a lot of ego, and I dunno if there is any coach aside from Coach K or Phil Jackson who could handle Bosh, Wade, and Bron on the same team for 82+ games. At the end of the day, I still think legacies are built through championships. Bron has accomplished plenty through his regular-season exploits, but if he wants to take that next step and TRULY be mentioned amongst the greats...I think he goes to Miami.
eek.gif
 Damn man this is seriously exactly what I was going to right.
Wade, Bosh, LeBron.... how can he pass that up?  

Dude is 25.  South Beach or Cleveland?   
eyes.gif

I was in Miami 2 years ago, went to the Cavs @ Heat game, and thought that the city was just amazing.

I can't front if he goes.  How can you pass up on this opportunity?

Welp.  Let's just see what happens.

in the end his decision will not be a popular one...he just has to realize he can't satisfy everyone.

So he should just say fick it and go to the Bulls

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

- Cavs are in trade talks with Minnesota Timberwolves for PG Jonny Flynn. Flynn is represented by LeBron's agent & LRMR.

LOL. Not going to keep Bron with Clev. with that deal. Flynn is not certified like that......Miami looks like the prime choice if he wants to grab a ring. Better team and def a better city. I hit South Beach every year and its
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If he spurns them, then suddenly we're looking at the most disastrous decade in the history of New York sports -- first the Layden Era, then the Isiah Era, then Donnie Walsh spending two years gutting the team so he could spend $100 million on a guy with a bad knee and a bad eye who hasn't played defense in six years. Do you realize the Knicks will have given away top-ten lottery picks in 2004, '06, '07, '09, '10 and, potentially, '11 and '12 without making the playoffs or landing one superstar? How is that even possible?
laugh.gif
damn

If it is Miami, but me finally on board the LeBron to NJ band wagon down the road..

3 year deal, see if NJ/NY improve and try to go win there and build the 'brand'

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

- Cavs are in trade talks with Minnesota Timberwolves for PG Jonny Flynn. Flynn is represented by LeBron's agent & LRMR.

Would've been better if they got Ricky.

But I really struggle to see LeBron getting anywhere near the Finals in the next 3 years if he stays in Cleveland. It's just gonna be a replay of the past two years each time. Unless there's something we don't know, like a huge FA joining him next year or something, I'd be pretty shocked if he stays. You can only be loyal to garbage for so long.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I am going to get absolutely hammered leading up to this announcement.
*edit*

just saw Dre said the same thing I was gonna say....

carry on.

laugh.gif

I'm still seeing NY. I can't see all of this drama taking place just to say "I'm staying".

Honestly, I've never seen anything like this before. I'm not a fan at all, but dude is on top of the sports world right now.

with that said
pimp.gif
Lakers 3peat
pimp.gif

If LeBron comes here to Miami...

1. Miami Heat
Everybody else

If LeBron goes to NY, not in any order.

1. Miami
2. Boston
3. NY
4. Chicago
5. Atlanta

LeBron going to Miami would be terrible and boring for the league.

NY v. Heat rivalry, NY v. Celtics rivalry, NY v. Chicago rivalry all being restored. The Lakers once had Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, and Wilt one time and they only won I think one championship together. LeBron would probably ask for a trade after a year anyway after realizing "Damn, I came to Miami to be a 'sidekick'".

You dudes are funny, I didn't hear any of you Lebron fans claiming how bad the Cavs are as a team these last 2 years when they won 60+ regular seasons games each or how Lebron won MVP back to back.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I'm still seeing NY. I can't see all of this drama taking place just to say "I'm staying".
On the other hand, many have pointed out that this would be an incredibly cruel way to tell Cleveland he's leaving.

So much drama. I'm giddy.
smh.gif

Elgin Baylor was on the decline. They won when he retired at the beginning of the season. Wilt was getting up there in age, I think 31-32 when he was traded.

These 3 are in or will be in the primes of their respective careers.

Originally Posted by rashi

If LeBron comes here to Miami...

1. Miami Heat
Everybody else

If LeBron goes to NY, not in any order.

1. Miami ?
2. Boston
3. NY ?
4. Chicago ??????
5. Atlanta ???????
This has to be joke.

You really think NY, even with Lebron, Chicago, and Atlanta is better then Orlando??? ORLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom