Official LEBRON 2010 Thread (The Decision: MIAMI HEAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's way too early to discuss legacies. If lebron averages a triple double and wins 4 titles in Miami, will you really be questioning his legacy?

magic played with Kareem, yet he is still credited with being the best pg ever. James worthy was a former #1 pick and is a hall of famer

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Out of curiosity....it's 10:15 right now....at this moment, can you name 3-5 people (aside from Lebron) who you think know what his decision will be?

Maverick Carter, Lebrons Mom, Delonte West.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

laugh.gif
at anyone who listens to that fool chris broussard.

He literally said "My sources are telling me that right now Lebron is leaning towards signing with the Miami Heat but that could change in the next few hours. The sources say that it's almost neck and neck between the Heat and Cavs with the Bulls and Knicks coming up in the rear and the Knicks making a strong late push. The Nets are still there too but they have almost no chance."

Sounds to me like in those three sentences he made a prediction that if it comes to fruition makes him look like he did REAL reporting, while also covering his *$# by saying "oh but my sources said all the other teams still have a shot in the next few hours too."

All of this is *#%%%$!%. Just wait til his press conference.

That fool also said that the people who would be upset if he left Cleveland were James' "pick-up softball" friends who have the ear of James. Dude is just saying things at this point.

If Lebron goes to Miami I will now then refer to him as "Robin" as I did with Kobe when talking about his first 3 championships.

That LA team wasn't Kobe's yet, Shaq came in as the dominant guy (easy LA fans, I don't want to get into the Shaq>Kobe thing just stating facts).

100% Truth.  No need to try and soften your statement to the Laker/Kobe fans on here champ, I've already told them what the deal is on here a few weeks ago regarding that situation
happy.gif

my point was that to be the greatest, you have to beat the best...and not 'join' em
More truth.

This whole thing has made me a huge Kevin Durant fan
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

DoubleJs07 wrote:

This guy Lebron
smh.gif

from his twitter....

Good Morning! It's your chance to ask me a question about my decision, use #lebrondecision to submit and I'll answer them tonight.

Unbelievable....I don't know how ANYONE can respect this dude.

You don't even know him like that tho
smh.gif

haters-gonna-hate.gif

No kidding. I don't even see what's so bad about that tweet.

Blame the culture he was brought up in; realize that he is taking the opportunity to become the biggest name in sports because WE allowed him to.

Somebody has to want to be the most well known. +!*+ would be boring if everybody had simple goals.

why the @%%* is espn talking about ny and what happens if lebron comes to the knicks now when they've kicked us and spit on us for the past week and especially last night telling us we have no shot???

the @%%* outta here espn.

Originally Posted by debs 168

why the %$%# is espn talking about ny and what happens if lebron comes to the knicks now when they've kicked us and spit on us for the past week and especially last night telling us we have no shot???

the %$%# outta here espn.

You have to realize that ESPN is not in the business of facts. Its in the business of making $$$. They will say whatever to keep you tuned in. As long as your tuned in then more $$$ for them.

ESPN = Tabloid Journalisim at its Finest

Wow, some people are just some %$#@!
If he goes to Miami, he gets criticized.
If he goes to Chicago, he gets criticized.
If he goes to New York, he gets criticized.
If he stays in Cleveland, he gets criticized.
Fans of one team are gonna try to ridicule him if goes to another.
It's stupid.
And wasn't Boston Pierce's team? They brought in two top-notch guys and won a ring their first year.
If this Heat team (if LeBron goes) doesn't win a ring in the first year, it failed?
What if that next year they start consecutively winning rings, is it still a fail?

Just ready for this crap to be over...

I agree with the KD comment as well, I love the way he handles himself and will definitely support and follow him

If he goes to Miami it goes proves to everybody that he is not all about LeBron but more about winning and team work....I will have alot more respect if he goes to Miami cause it shows he is not as selfish like everybody thinks he is

And 3 stars on a team is no biggie

Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, Duncan ALL played with stars....Heck they even call Boston the BIG 4 for cryin out loud

And if I recall Shaq (most dominate player in the NBA) was in his prime and left to join a team with one of the biggest NBA players to date.....so say what you want

Bron wants them rings....

If he goes to Chicago he will be livin in Jordans shadow

If he goes to New York he will need more then Stat!

If he stays I don't see him gettin that ring

If he goes to Miami he will have to share the light with Wade

Out of all the choices I'll take Miami....sorry

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Out of curiosity....it's 10:15 right now....at this moment, can you name 3-5 people (aside from Lebron) who you think know what his decision will be?

laugh.gif

bijald0331 wrote:

Blame the culture he was brought up in; realize that he is taking the opportunity to become the biggest name in sports because WE allowed him to.

Somebody has to want to be the most well known. +!*+ would be boring if everybody had simple goals.
Yup.
Dude is talking about how ANYONE can respect him, but he's the one going to his twitter to see what BRON has to say...
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

DoubleJs07 wrote:

This guy Lebron
smh.gif

from his twitter....

Good Morning! It's your chance to ask me a question about my decision, use #lebrondecision to submit and I'll answer them tonight.

Unbelievable....I don't know how ANYONE can respect this dude.

You don't even know him like that tho
smh.gif

haters-gonna-hate.gif

There is something inherently wrong with this whole situation.  And you all know it.  From using the B&G Club as a "front" to boost your already self-inflated ego, to dictating on ESPN when you're gonna announce your "decision" after YEARS of stringing folks along...I mean, the whole thing is a charade.  There's no getting around it.  Of course we'll all tune in because somehow, Lebron has found a way to trump every major sports-related story of the summer by the way he's handling everything.  And that's how he likes it. 

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

It's way too early to discuss legacies. If lebron averages a triple double and wins 4 titles in Miami, will you really be questioning his legacy?

magic played with Kareem, yet he is still credited with being the best pg ever. James worthy was a former #1 pick and is a hall of famer
Yes...because it'll still be Dwyane Wade's team & city.
Magic was drafted by LA.

James Worthy was drafted by LA.

You dudes keep coming up with these comparisons and scenarios that aren't the same. 

bijald0331 wrote:

Yup.
Dude is talking about how ANYONE can respect him, but he's the one going to his twitter to see what BRON has to say...
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Where did I say I wasn't interested?  EVERYONE is.  People want to know where he's playing....just because I'm interested in where he's playing doesn't mean I have to respect the guy one bit.  As a matter of fact, I'm sure that's the sentiment of MANY folks who are waiting around till 9pm to see what he's gonna do.  As I said before, he's handling the situation like a #+%%%. 

IDK frankly i don't think him coming to NY right now would make any difference, but here's why they'll most likely get him..... here's wat i'm rollin' w/

- In my eyes Amar'e really got 80M and a 16.6M signing bonus. Why would you offer Amar'e $100M to play alone with those injured Patrick Ewing knees?
- They had to have locked in something w/ Lebron in their meetings that if they got Amar'e he would come over cuz i really can't see Amar'e's worth unless LeBron was definitely coming to NY.
- They must be so damn sure they're getting Lebron that they haven't made any other moves since they got Amar'e who are they really gunnin' for?
- Until Tony Parker seals the deal today that HE IS in fact coming to NY i don't see anyone that those two giants can move the ball around w/
- if this goes accordingly he'll be in NY other wise i just really see him stayin in Cleavland
- Another factor might be Melo coming to NY which i applaud and support, but that's a WHOLE year i think he wants his ring ASAP especially after all this crap and hype

bijald0331 wrote:

Yup.
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

I didn't even think about that
laugh.gif

LeBron has 300k followers in less than 48 hours...

DoubleJs, why should LeBron take a backseat to anything if no one forces him too? Everyone is eating it up. Is he wrong for taking advantage of a situation that will undoubtedly bring him closer to his goal of being a global icon?

I was just surfing the web yesterday and I came across an article on a Pakistani (I'm not) website about LeBron's decision. He's winning to me.

Read this article: http://probasketballtalk....plan-and-its-working.php
I feel like I wrote it. I was saying the same things to NTer "Im Not You"

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Yes...because it'll still be Dwyane Wade's team & city.
Everyone keeps saying" Oh, he's gonna be the #2 guy."
So? If he's winning rings every year, that should shut people's mouths.

Originally Posted by late registration

Wow, some people are just some %$#@!
If he goes to Miami, he gets criticized.
If he goes to Chicago, he gets criticized.
If he goes to New York, he gets criticized.
If he stays in Cleveland, he gets criticized.
Fans of one team are gonna try to ridicule him if goes to another.
It's stupid.
And wasn't Boston Pierce's team? They brought in two top-notch guys and won a ring their first year.
If this Heat team (if LeBron goes) doesn't win a ring in the first year, it failed?
What if that next year they start consecutively winning rings, is it still a fail?

I agree but Lebron did this to himself,  this whole "prime time announcement" deal is rubbing a lot of people the wrong way.  Yeah he's the biggest FA in years but the general public expects you to carry yourself with some humility even though they gas you up 24/7. 

Aldridge said it best last night on NBATV and I agree with him...I get what Bron is doing and more power to him, but this goes both ways.  He better be willing to accept this same spotlight and face this same scrutiny if he doesn't win a ring next year.  If his team loses and he pulls an Orlando game 7 move again, he'll be crucified by the media 10 times more than they are on his sac now.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

hahahaha!
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom