[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by ORSRT8

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Positive Thinking Laker Fans Who Are Willing To Give Mike Brown A Chance Before Judging:

1. LTB

2. PMatic

3. FudgeMoney

4. denni5themenace

5. Lakersfan1

6. AG 47

7. TennHouse

8. Night Marcher

9. Uncalled4Boy

10.Ballerdoc23
Add me to the list as well. 
Some Lakers fans need to chill 
eyes.gif

Added myself to the list, we got no choice but to support our team and hope for the best!
laugh.gif

Positive Thinking Laker Fans Who Are Willing To Give Mike Brown A Chance Before Judging:

1. LTB

2. PMatic

3. FudgeMoney

4. denni5themenace

5. Lakersfan1

6. AG 47

7. TennHouse

8. Night Marcher

9. Uncalled4Boy
10. jcbacall
add me to the list. at first i was
sick.gif

i had some time to think about it, and every man deserves a chance.

i just pray to god, kobe gives him a chance also.

1. LTB

2. PMatic

3. FudgeMoney

4. denni5themenace

5. Lakersfan1

6. AG 47

7. TennHouse

8. Night Marcher

9. Uncalled4Boy
10. jcbacall
sick.gif

Bill Belichick was nobody before he was The Hoody. I know you don't understand what I'm saying yet, but check it...

He was your avg. coach before New England. 8-8 record in the NFl. Decent, nothing special. Definitely not the "genius" people consider him to be today. Then he got to NE with some real talent, transformed the culture and won 3 SB's, with each SB team Top 5 in defense.

Obviously that's football, but there's some parallels to be made.

Can someone tell me what team he coached before?
laugh.gif

Bill Belichick was nobody before he was The Hoody. I know you don't understand what I'm saying yet, but check it...

He was your avg. coach before New England. 8-8 record in the NFl. Decent, nothing special. Definitely not the "genius" people consider him to be today. Then he got to NE with some real talent, transformed the culture and won 3 SB's, with each SB team Top 5 in defense.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jcbacall

1. LTB

2. PMatic

3. FudgeMoney

4. denni5themenace

5. Lakersfan1

6. AG 47

7. TennHouse

8. Night Marcher

9. Uncalled4Boy
10. jcbacall

11. 5am6oody72
sick.gif

Might as well be on there too. As much as I was surprised by the hiring and would have preferred someone else, Mike Brown seems like a good guy and a hard worker. I know that doesn't buy you anything, and time will tell whether or not he was a good choice for the job, but I feel like as a fan I will always throw my full support behind coaches/players that work hard and are down to earth, good people. That's why I will always be 100% supportive of VT football and why it kills me to see guys like Dan Snyder and Peter Angelos owning my other teams
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by jcbacall

1. LTB

2. PMatic

3. FudgeMoney

4. denni5themenace

5. Lakersfan1

6. AG 47

7. TennHouse

8. Night Marcher

9. Uncalled4Boy
10. jcbacall

11. 5am6oody72
sick.gif

Might as well be on there too. As much as I was surprised by the hiring and would have preferred someone else, Mike Brown seems like a good guy and a hard worker. I know that doesn't buy you anything, and time will tell whether or not he was a good choice for the job, but I feel like as a fan I will always throw my full support behind coaches/players that work hard and are down to earth, good people. That's why I will always be 100% supportive of VT football and why it kills me to see guys like Dan Snyder and Peter Angelos owning my other teams
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i'll give him 2 years, i mean the lakers made the finals in mike dunleavys first season as a coach so anything can happen, if he can get the guys to play defense and play hard anything can happen. they got one more title run left in em in my opinion.

i'll give him 2 years, i mean the lakers made the finals in mike dunleavys first season as a coach so anything can happen, if he can get the guys to play defense and play hard anything can happen. they got one more title run left in em in my opinion.

Originally Posted by AG 47

laugh.gif
He coached the Browns. I mean there are a lot of examples like that of guys who came out of nowhere and ended up being HOF coaches. Hell, Phil himself was completely unheralded before Chicago. Joe Gibbs was nobody before he won 3 SB's with the ********. Pete Carroll sucked $*# in the NFL before he built that dynasty at USC. You never know. Brown has more of a track record than those guys though so he's kinda more of a known quantity, but it'll be interesting to see how he meshes with these pieces/personalities. 

laugh.gif
He coached the Browns. I mean there are a lot of examples like that of guys who came out of nowhere and ended up being HOF coaches. Hell, Phil himself was completely unheralded before Chicago. Joe Gibbs was nobody before he won 3 SB's with the ********. Pete Carroll sucked $*# in the NFL before he built that dynasty at USC. You never know. Brown has more of a track record than those guys though so he's kinda more of a known quantity, but it'll be interesting to see how he meshes with these pieces/personalities. 

OG heads already know. Purple & Gold through and through.

I'll give Mike a chance.

Still excited to see what other moves the front office make this summer though. you just KNOW things are gonna get shaken up.

OG heads already know. Purple & Gold through and through.

I'll give Mike a chance.

Still excited to see what other moves the front office make this summer though. you just KNOW things are gonna get shaken up.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Can't anyone give this dude a chance?

One of the positives to take from it, is his defensive mind.

He was there when Duncan and Robinson where like bread and butter in their championship run.

He's got a ton of talent to work worth here in L.A. Both parties are getting a fresh start and a new system.

Let's give it some burn before we criticize. There was a short list to work with.

BINGO!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Can't anyone give this dude a chance?

One of the positives to take from it, is his defensive mind.

He was there when Duncan and Robinson where like bread and butter in their championship run.

He's got a ton of talent to work worth here in L.A. Both parties are getting a fresh start and a new system.

Let's give it some burn before we criticize. There was a short list to work with.

BINGO!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Likewise....he's the first black Laker coach since....? That's a small victory.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 I was thinking this to

"Atleast he's a brotha"
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

Hes not a "brotha" but hes a strong black male and thats signifigant as far as not having been a  NBA player and getting a second chance. \
He and Alvin Gentry are great for that cause.
Terry Porter is just a bad coach though.
Alvin Gentry and Mike Brown have had legitimate success and overachieving on ALL yes I said ALL of the teams they have coached.
Knowing what we know now about the players and situations they have been placed into.
Im not a "Lakers fan" ( more so into the artesrty of Kobe) but this is the best move they could have made imo.
Sloan was not coming to LA. and Rick Adleman and Mike Dunleavy are not anymore successful than Brown is.
Sure Dunleavy and Adelman have made the finals ( Adelman more than Dunleavy and Brown) but lets be real about the situations.
Portland underachieved because of Adelman
Dunleavy was a byproduct of Riley having put together a team that needed to simply adjust to playoff basketball without Kareem + Riley being a little bit burned out.

Ok, this post won me over.  Count me in supporting Mike Brown. 

But

If Pau is still on the team......
mad.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Likewise....he's the first black Laker coach since....? That's a small victory.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 I was thinking this to

"Atleast he's a brotha"
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif

Hes not a "brotha" but hes a strong black male and thats signifigant as far as not having been a  NBA player and getting a second chance. \
He and Alvin Gentry are great for that cause.
Terry Porter is just a bad coach though.
Alvin Gentry and Mike Brown have had legitimate success and overachieving on ALL yes I said ALL of the teams they have coached.
Knowing what we know now about the players and situations they have been placed into.
Im not a "Lakers fan" ( more so into the artesrty of Kobe) but this is the best move they could have made imo.
Sloan was not coming to LA. and Rick Adleman and Mike Dunleavy are not anymore successful than Brown is.
Sure Dunleavy and Adelman have made the finals ( Adelman more than Dunleavy and Brown) but lets be real about the situations.
Portland underachieved because of Adelman
Dunleavy was a byproduct of Riley having put together a team that needed to simply adjust to playoff basketball without Kareem + Riley being a little bit burned out.

Ok, this post won me over.  Count me in supporting Mike Brown. 

But

If Pau is still on the team......
mad.gif

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Next season we're going to see two different types of Lakers fans in this thread. Team Fire Mike Brown Lakers Fans vs Team Give Mike Brown A Chance Lakers Fans....it's going to be one interesting off season and season for sure.
laugh.gif

i'm just hoping mike brown makes me eat dirt poop next june if he guides us to another banner season.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Next season we're going to see two different types of Lakers fans in this thread. Team Fire Mike Brown Lakers Fans vs Team Give Mike Brown A Chance Lakers Fans....it's going to be one interesting off season and season for sure.
laugh.gif

i'm just hoping mike brown makes me eat dirt poop next june if he guides us to another banner season.

Is Mike Brown a better coach than Tom Thibodeau?

Not sure what to think about Brown. I mean he will be a positive influence on guys like Artest and Bynum.

Is Mike Brown a better coach than Tom Thibodeau?

Not sure what to think about Brown. I mean he will be a positive influence on guys like Artest and Bynum.

Back
Top Bottom