[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Sorry, but we are the LA LAKERS, THEE marquee franchise of the NBA the past 60 years in terms of overall performance.  We are a destination head coaching spot, a place an all timer would want to go and coach talent and compete for a title 1 out of every 2 years. 

And the best we could do was Mike, Brown. 

And we should be positive about this? 
ohwell.gif

Go ahead and look up my track record.  Go ahead and call me pessimistic.  Then find someone to co-sign you. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And yet, you won't see me signing off on this coaching move.  That, should tell you something. 

I hope and pray to God that Mike proves me wrong.  I will be soooooooooo very happy to be wrong.  Would love it.  And I will come thru and apologize and give props much like I did with Ron Artest.  But today, as of right now, there is ZERO reason for me to co-sign the move.  You can't make me believe that the best we could do as the LA Lakers, WITH a title contending team in tact, is Mike Brown.  If we were rebuilding, yeah, sure, go for some new blood, a younger hungrier guy.  Sure.  But a team with a 2 year window cracked open still, a shot to land a HUGE name thru trade next year, and we can't find a better coach out there? 
eyes.gif

Granted, any body, and I do mean anybody we brought in would be a step down from Phil.  I get that.  But this big of a step?  I don't like it one bit. 

But I wish the guy luck.  Hope he can put in the work and get on the same page as our players.  Otherwise, this will get messy, real messy. 

Sorry, but we are the LA LAKERS, THEE marquee franchise of the NBA the past 60 years in terms of overall performance.  We are a destination head coaching spot, a place an all timer would want to go and coach talent and compete for a title 1 out of every 2 years. 

And we should be positive about this? 
ohwell.gif

Go ahead and look up my track record.  Go ahead and call me pessimistic.  Then find someone to co-sign you. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And yet, you won't see me signing off on this coaching move.  That, should tell you something. 

I hope and pray to God that Mike proves me wrong.  I will be soooooooooo very happy to be wrong.  Would love it.  And I will come thru and apologize and give props much like I did with Ron Artest.  But today, as of right now, there is ZERO reason for me to co-sign the move.  You can't make me believe that the best we could do as the LA Lakers, WITH a title contending team in tact, is Mike Brown.  If we were rebuilding, yeah, sure, go for some new blood, a younger hungrier guy.  Sure.  But a team with a 2 year window cracked open still, a shot to land a HUGE name thru trade next year, and we can't find a better coach out there? 
eyes.gif

Granted, any body, and I do mean anybody we brought in would be a step down from Phil.  I get that.  But this big of a step?  I don't like it one bit. 

But I wish the guy luck.  Hope he can put in the work and get on the same page as our players.  Otherwise, this will get messy, real messy. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

this is why i am somewhat disappointed with this hire. i expected a big name coach with our big name stars. i really thought we were going for another sure fire hall-of-famer to replace phil.

Originally Posted by CP1708

this is why i am somewhat disappointed with this hire. i expected a big name coach with our big name stars. i really thought we were going for another sure fire hall-of-famer to replace phil.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I mean, who else is there really to get? Don't say Jerry Sloan.
i'm gonna say jerry sloan. i truly believe if the money was right, he wouldve came aboard. this would be his chance to win a ring with a very talented bunch he never had. (yes, i believe this team is talented than his utah teams in the 90s)

larry brown?

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I mean, who else is there really to get? Don't say Jerry Sloan.
i'm gonna say jerry sloan. i truly believe if the money was right, he wouldve came aboard. this would be his chance to win a ring with a very talented bunch he never had. (yes, i believe this team is talented than his utah teams in the 90s)

larry brown?

Originally Posted by 2o6

back up pg

act_goran_dragic.jpg

nerd.gif

Yes.
He's a good shooter. I wonder how much money he would want, though
there are some good players out there this offseason, but acquiring them all depends on whether we can get rid of the trash we have, and whether they can accept the money we'd offer

Originally Posted by 2o6

back up pg

act_goran_dragic.jpg

nerd.gif

Yes.
He's a good shooter. I wonder how much money he would want, though
there are some good players out there this offseason, but acquiring them all depends on whether we can get rid of the trash we have, and whether they can accept the money we'd offer

Jerry Sloan isn't coaching again. Take it for what it's worth but that's what he told the Warriors. I'm sure the Lakers reached out to him and he probably told them the same thing.

Jerry Sloan isn't coaching again. Take it for what it's worth but that's what he told the Warriors. I'm sure the Lakers reached out to him and he probably told them the same thing.

Originally Posted by acidicality

no, the there no reports whatsoever that we did reach out to sloan. at least attempt to talk to the guy. i'm sure theres a difference talking to gsw and the lakers.
nerd.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
 but it is what it is, again. whether we like it or not, mike brown is our coach. dont like the hire and like i said, i'm praying i'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom