[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

This is going to be really interesting. I bet the Lakers and Heat are going to play each other every holiday, man I can just image all the media hype if the Lakers and Heat make it to the championship next year.

This is going to be really interesting. I bet the Lakers and Heat are going to play each other every holiday, man I can just image all the media hype if the Lakers and Heat make it to the championship next year.

They are saying that Bynum is "untouchable" even for Dwight. Jerry's son is really messing up this franchise SMH

They are saying that Bynum is "untouchable" even for Dwight. Jerry's son is really messing up this franchise SMH

If that's true man, we need to put a hit out on Jim Buss. He's clearly going through a power trip right now.

If that's true man, we need to put a hit out on Jim Buss. He's clearly going through a power trip right now.

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Serious question: In the last two seasons, what did laker fans have to say about mike brown when they were analyzing CLE in anticipation of a potential finals matchup? If it was anything bad, then how can you cosign this hiring?

How is this a serious question when it makes no sense? 

How does it make no sense? Several of my friends are laker fans. They talked all kinda garbage about Mike Brown the past 2 seasons cause they thought it would be Kobe vs. Bron in the finals & they were breaking down CLE's team from all angles. And now that he's their coach, they're cosigning the hire, and I'm curious to see if any nt'ers are same way.

whoever thinks this is good hire is out of their minds. granted, everybody has their own opinions but if you read through this whole thread you'd know how us nt laker fans think about this hire. of course we'd think he's garbo cause we had the best coach coaching our team at the time.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Serious question: In the last two seasons, what did laker fans have to say about mike brown when they were analyzing CLE in anticipation of a potential finals matchup? If it was anything bad, then how can you cosign this hiring?

How is this a serious question when it makes no sense? 

How does it make no sense? Several of my friends are laker fans. They talked all kinda garbage about Mike Brown the past 2 seasons cause they thought it would be Kobe vs. Bron in the finals & they were breaking down CLE's team from all angles. And now that he's their coach, they're cosigning the hire, and I'm curious to see if any nt'ers are same way.

whoever thinks this is good hire is out of their minds. granted, everybody has their own opinions but if you read through this whole thread you'd know how us nt laker fans think about this hire. of course we'd think he's garbo cause we had the best coach coaching our team at the time.

^
roll.gif
at your sig!

i think it is a bad decision... why didnt they hire brian shaw? cause this means a new coach, a new system. so the lakers will stop playing the triangle offense.. perhaps not the smartest decision, since a lot of the players have flourished in the triangle offense...

i think it is a bad decision... why didnt they hire brian shaw? cause this means a new coach, a new system. so the lakers will stop playing the triangle offense.. perhaps not the smartest decision, since a lot of the players have flourished in the triangle offense...

No team has ever won a championship ranked lower than 12th in defense....

That's the line that got Mike the job.

No team has ever won a championship ranked lower than 12th in defense....

That's the line that got Mike the job.

What makes Brown a bad hire though? Lets see.. so far Ive seen people complain about his offensive deficiencies, his "pacing back and forth during TO/huddles", his "I-have-no-experience-so-I-wont-get-any-respect-from-this-veteran-team", etc, etc.
What else guys? Lets get a list started.

Seriously though, he's won COTY, his team has been a top 5 defensive team, and among other things. That's gotta count for something right?

Personally, Id rather they signed Adelman, but what's done is done. No point in complaining about it.

The Lakers D was terrible in the playoffs. And now they have a coach who will stress defense. Ill take defense over offense any day of the week. I mean look at the final four teams.

You see crappy offense going around, but yet the defense is still there.
pimp.gif

Plus, I know this current team can play D. Yall remember game 6 and 7 of last year right? 67 and 79. 67 and 79!

I mean thats like ridiculous.

What makes Brown a bad hire though? Lets see.. so far Ive seen people complain about his offensive deficiencies, his "pacing back and forth during TO/huddles", his "I-have-no-experience-so-I-wont-get-any-respect-from-this-veteran-team", etc, etc.

Seriously though, he's won COTY, his team has been a top 5 defensive team, and among other things. That's gotta count for something right?

Personally, Id rather they signed Adelman, but what's done is done. No point in complaining about it.

The Lakers D was terrible in the playoffs. And now they have a coach who will stress defense. Ill take defense over offense any day of the week. I mean look at the final four teams.

pimp.gif

Plus, I know this current team can play D. Yall remember game 6 and 7 of last year right? 67 and 79. 67 and 79!

Mike Brown first year with cavs big z was second option so of course their offense was Lebron heavy lol.. They had larry hughes and dgib gettin major burn and still did damage in playoffs while bron was still raw talent

Mike Brown first year with cavs big z was second option so of course their offense was Lebron heavy lol.. They had larry hughes and dgib gettin major burn and still did damage in playoffs while bron was still raw talent

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

pimp.gif

Thank you, Mike Brown has been successful everywhere he's gone & deserves credit. I'm sure he'll hire an assistant coach to help construct the offense, relax.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

pimp.gif

Thank you, Mike Brown has been successful everywhere he's gone & deserves credit. I'm sure he'll hire an assistant coach to help construct the offense, relax.

I'd like to start a list of people who won't overreact and complain about this hiring until we see how the team performs next season.
Put yourselves in his shoes...you dont think he is hearing everything that people are saying right now? You don't think he's seeing how many people are laughing at the hiring? 

Honestly, call me crazy but i think thats gonna motivate the hell out of Coach Brown. If i was him i'd have so much built up motivation right now I'd be watching film 24/7, planning off-season workouts ASAP, and getting straight to work LOCK-OUT or NO LOCKOUT...

Im not gonna say this is a good hire or a bad hire, but the guy obviously did something well in that interview and I'm ready to give him a chance.

If anyones with me let me know and ill add you to the list so we know exactly who was willing to at least give him a chance.

I don't wanna see people who are mad hating on him right now givin "
pimp.gif
 Mike Brown is that dude" kinda comments when we potentially lock up a 1st seed in the playoffs or something next year.

I'm going to put this list in the OP. Tell me if you're down or not...lets spread some positivity.

Positive Thinking Laker Fans Who Are Willing To Give Mike Brown A Chance Before Judging:

1. LTB

2. PMatic

I'd like to start a list of people who won't overreact and complain about this hiring until we see how the team performs next season.
Put yourselves in his shoes...you dont think he is hearing everything that people are saying right now? You don't think he's seeing how many people are laughing at the hiring? 

Honestly, call me crazy but i think thats gonna motivate the hell out of Coach Brown. If i was him i'd have so much built up motivation right now I'd be watching film 24/7, planning off-season workouts ASAP, and getting straight to work LOCK-OUT or NO LOCKOUT...

Im not gonna say this is a good hire or a bad hire, but the guy obviously did something well in that interview and I'm ready to give him a chance.

If anyones with me let me know and ill add you to the list so we know exactly who was willing to at least give him a chance.

I don't wanna see people who are mad hating on him right now givin "
pimp.gif
 Mike Brown is that dude" kinda comments when we potentially lock up a 1st seed in the playoffs or something next year.

I'm going to put this list in the OP. Tell me if you're down or not...lets spread some positivity.

Positive Thinking Laker Fans Who Are Willing To Give Mike Brown A Chance Before Judging:

1. LTB

2. PMatic

Back
Top Bottom