[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

damn this cheerleader scout chick is actually the d-league assistant general manager 
eek.gif
eek.gif

no wonder mitch has been giving away so many 1st round picks...lakers wouldnt know what to do with them anyways

damn this cheerleader scout chick is actually the d-league assistant general manager 
eek.gif
eek.gif

no wonder mitch has been giving away so many 1st round picks...lakers wouldnt know what to do with them anyways

Lol this dude mike brown said him and kobe were too busy with their fams to call eachother...mike brown called him, kobe hit the ignore then texted him back "what up"

Lol this dude mike brown said him and kobe were too busy with their fams to call eachother...mike brown called him, kobe hit the ignore then texted him back "what up"

If you think about it ANYONE other than Phil Jackson was going to be a down grade anways.  I'll give the man a shot.

If you think about it ANYONE other than Phil Jackson was going to be a down grade anways.  I'll give the man a shot.

Originally Posted by tyisny

You know something this post is really helping me realize why people hate laker fans so much @*%$ already and stop crying.

You have people calling a organization who has made it to the finals 7 times in the past 10 years an poorly run orginization?

A team that still has 4 all star caliber players has suddenly in the span of a month become completely old and over the hill?

yall are acting like a bunch of children and this is coming from a Lakers fan? !+@ deal with it dudes are in here acting as if Brown is gonna suit up and run point for us... The man is a coach whos coaching a team full of championship seasoned vets, not D league/ 2nd round picks

let me guess the lakers arent gonna make the playoffs this year either
laugh.gif
Obviously they aren't making the playoffs this year.

This is a message board, people can voice their opinions all they want. This move by the Lakers showed a lot from the organizations stand point.  They are moving forward from the triangle and its obvious that power is shifting hands between father and son. Already, I don't like what Jimmy Buss is doing with the coaching position fill-up.

I give Brown, two years to prove himself. The window is closing on Kobe, so moves needs to be made quick.

Originally Posted by tyisny

You know something this post is really helping me realize why people hate laker fans so much @*%$ already and stop crying.

You have people calling a organization who has made it to the finals 7 times in the past 10 years an poorly run orginization?

A team that still has 4 all star caliber players has suddenly in the span of a month become completely old and over the hill?

yall are acting like a bunch of children and this is coming from a Lakers fan? !+@ deal with it dudes are in here acting as if Brown is gonna suit up and run point for us... The man is a coach whos coaching a team full of championship seasoned vets, not D league/ 2nd round picks

let me guess the lakers arent gonna make the playoffs this year either
laugh.gif
Obviously they aren't making the playoffs this year.

This is a message board, people can voice their opinions all they want. This move by the Lakers showed a lot from the organizations stand point.  They are moving forward from the triangle and its obvious that power is shifting hands between father and son. Already, I don't like what Jimmy Buss is doing with the coaching position fill-up.

I give Brown, two years to prove himself. The window is closing on Kobe, so moves needs to be made quick.

I can't lie, my previous two responses weren't entirely serious. I was just trying to go over the top and entertain myself for the lulz. I mean, it's really easy to make fun of this hiring
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

In all seriousness, while I'm not thrilled about it, I can see it maybe possibly working out ok. I would have preferred JVG or Adelman, but if Brown can actually get us to consistently give a damn about defense, then this will be a good move. One of the things that bothered me about Phil was that he was too laissez-faire and seemed content to let the players work it out on their own, which they usually did. That works when you have Jordan and Pippen running the show, and even a hungry Kobe and Fisher to some extent. But when Kobe wasn't practicing with the team, and wasn't playing great defense himself, I want a coach that's gonna tell them to get their heads out of their $%+#% and play some *@%@@!$ defense or else they'll get benched.

That level of accountability was almost nonexistent with Phil, the closest he got was when he confronted Pau and benched him for a couple stretches, but other than that he pretty much just sat there. Worked fine when the team was self-motivated enough to work their way out of it, but they clearly weren't this year. Sometimes you need a coach to kick your $%%. I felt like out of all the candidates JVG would have been the most likely to take that no-nonsense approach.

And all you guys talking about offense wasn't the problem, what the hell games were you watching? I don't care how well the offense did in the regular season, our late game execution was putrid in the playoffs, word to the Thunder. It doesn't matter how much talent we have; if the offense is just one pass and then iso while the other 4 guys stand around and watch, it's not gonna work, especially if it's not Bynum in the low post or Kobe. I would have at least thought if that was going to happen that Kobe would be ballhogging and trying to will us to victory, or we'd be feeding Bynum because he was doing so well, but many times neither of them even touched the ball and Ron Artest or Fisher or Shannon Brown or Odom just jacked up some garbage without even so much as an attempt to get into the offense.

In the 4th quarter of every game of our series with the Mavs, if Dirk wasn't going iso the Mavs actually bothered to run their offense and move the ball until they found the open man and created a good shot opportunity. The Lakers? It looked like me and the rest of my out of shape friends at the park near the end of a game; whoever has the ball can shoot it and we'll just stand and watch because we're all too tired to give a crap and just want the game to end so we can get a drink.
laugh.gif
It was maddening to see a team share the ball brilliantly through some stretches and then crunch time rolls around and they just become spectators.

I can't lie, my previous two responses weren't entirely serious. I was just trying to go over the top and entertain myself for the lulz. I mean, it's really easy to make fun of this hiring
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

In all seriousness, while I'm not thrilled about it, I can see it maybe possibly working out ok. I would have preferred JVG or Adelman, but if Brown can actually get us to consistently give a damn about defense, then this will be a good move. One of the things that bothered me about Phil was that he was too laissez-faire and seemed content to let the players work it out on their own, which they usually did. That works when you have Jordan and Pippen running the show, and even a hungry Kobe and Fisher to some extent. But when Kobe wasn't practicing with the team, and wasn't playing great defense himself, I want a coach that's gonna tell them to get their heads out of their $%+#% and play some *@%@@!$ defense or else they'll get benched.

That level of accountability was almost nonexistent with Phil, the closest he got was when he confronted Pau and benched him for a couple stretches, but other than that he pretty much just sat there. Worked fine when the team was self-motivated enough to work their way out of it, but they clearly weren't this year. Sometimes you need a coach to kick your $%%. I felt like out of all the candidates JVG would have been the most likely to take that no-nonsense approach.

And all you guys talking about offense wasn't the problem, what the hell games were you watching? I don't care how well the offense did in the regular season, our late game execution was putrid in the playoffs, word to the Thunder. It doesn't matter how much talent we have; if the offense is just one pass and then iso while the other 4 guys stand around and watch, it's not gonna work, especially if it's not Bynum in the low post or Kobe. I would have at least thought if that was going to happen that Kobe would be ballhogging and trying to will us to victory, or we'd be feeding Bynum because he was doing so well, but many times neither of them even touched the ball and Ron Artest or Fisher or Shannon Brown or Odom just jacked up some garbage without even so much as an attempt to get into the offense.

In the 4th quarter of every game of our series with the Mavs, if Dirk wasn't going iso the Mavs actually bothered to run their offense and move the ball until they found the open man and created a good shot opportunity. The Lakers? It looked like me and the rest of my out of shape friends at the park near the end of a game; whoever has the ball can shoot it and we'll just stand and watch because we're all too tired to give a crap and just want the game to end so we can get a drink.
laugh.gif
It was maddening to see a team share the ball brilliantly through some stretches and then crunch time rolls around and they just become spectators.

Man oh man, I just watched the ESPN segment where they interviewed Mike Brown and all I can say is wow.
eyes.gif
Next season(if there is going to be one) will be something else. I can't even picture Brown coaching this same team that Phil has taken under his own wing. Maybe I'm just used to Jackson and his style through interviews and coaching., but the way Mike Brown spoke during the interview just made me feel 
sick.gif

I think it just finally hit me that Jackson and the rest of his coaching staff isn't going to be on that bench, next season. I cringed when Brown said "family atmosphere." It's going to be interesting on how this team reacts to his idea of "family atmosphere." 

Farewell to the Phil Jackson's era and say hello to the Mike Brown era.
frown.gif
Lets hope this ride wont be as bumpy as the Del Harris era.

Man oh man, I just watched the ESPN segment where they interviewed Mike Brown and all I can say is wow.
eyes.gif
Next season(if there is going to be one) will be something else. I can't even picture Brown coaching this same team that Phil has taken under his own wing. Maybe I'm just used to Jackson and his style through interviews and coaching., but the way Mike Brown spoke during the interview just made me feel 
sick.gif

I think it just finally hit me that Jackson and the rest of his coaching staff isn't going to be on that bench, next season. I cringed when Brown said "family atmosphere." It's going to be interesting on how this team reacts to his idea of "family atmosphere." 

Farewell to the Phil Jackson's era and say hello to the Mike Brown era.
frown.gif
Lets hope this ride wont be as bumpy as the Del Harris era.

By no means am I happy but is it really as bad as yall are making it out to be?

We don't know anything until they put a product on the court. I'm going to be open minded.

We have been spoiled with Phil. But I do remember when Pat Riley came through not everybody in LA was happy about that. (not comparing the two) but how did that work out?

I think its a little early to bury him when he hasn't even made one move yet...

By no means am I happy but is it really as bad as yall are making it out to be?

We don't know anything until they put a product on the court. I'm going to be open minded.

We have been spoiled with Phil. But I do remember when Pat Riley came through not everybody in LA was happy about that. (not comparing the two) but how did that work out?

I think its a little early to bury him when he hasn't even made one move yet...

At least Mike Brown won't be so stubborn with his rotations.
laugh.gif

I'm sorry if you disagree but I hated that about Phil. It's like we're forced to sit there and watch the game slip away as Phil sat on his sofa and gave everyone a
indifferent.gif

At least Mike Brown won't be so stubborn with his rotations.
laugh.gif

I'm sorry if you disagree but I hated that about Phil. It's like we're forced to sit there and watch the game slip away as Phil sat on his sofa and gave everyone a
indifferent.gif

so Kobe is pissed, huh?
laugh.gif

[h3]Kobe Declines Comment On Lakers' Decision To Hire Brown[/h3]
May 25, 2011 7:53 PM EDT

Bryant_Kobe_lal_110310.jpg

The Lakers and former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Mike Brown agreed to a deal Wednesday.

People familiar with Kobe Bryant’s thinking said that the All-Star guard was confused by the decision.

When reached Wednesday by The Times about the Brown hire, Bryant had no comment.

Bryant said earlier this month that he would be comfortable with Assistant Coach Brian Shaw getting the job because of Shaw’s overall knowledge of the franchise, the triangle offense and, of course, the players.

ViaBroderick Turner and Mike Bresnahan/Los Angeles Times

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...n_Lakers_Decision_To_Hire_Brown#ixzz1NSx7SvlT

so Kobe is pissed, huh?
laugh.gif

[h3]Kobe Declines Comment On Lakers' Decision To Hire Brown[/h3]
May 25, 2011 7:53 PM EDT

Bryant_Kobe_lal_110310.jpg

The Lakers and former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Mike Brown agreed to a deal Wednesday.

People familiar with Kobe Bryant’s thinking said that the All-Star guard was confused by the decision.

When reached Wednesday by The Times about the Brown hire, Bryant had no comment.

Bryant said earlier this month that he would be comfortable with Assistant Coach Brian Shaw getting the job because of Shaw’s overall knowledge of the franchise, the triangle offense and, of course, the players.

ViaBroderick Turner and Mike Bresnahan/Los Angeles Times

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...n_Lakers_Decision_To_Hire_Brown#ixzz1NSx7SvlT

indifferent.gif
Kobe, give the guy a chance!

I swear, i'd glady bash on Kobe if he turns this into a drama sequence! I actually like Mike Brown and felt bad for him when he got fired because LeQuit quit on his team.

But don't go giving off bad vibes to the media about your NEW coach! Just be real with it and be a professional!

indifferent.gif
Kobe, give the guy a chance!

I swear, i'd glady bash on Kobe if he turns this into a drama sequence! I actually like Mike Brown and felt bad for him when he got fired because LeQuit quit on his team.

But don't go giving off bad vibes to the media about your NEW coach! Just be real with it and be a professional!

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

^Lol I can't believe you guys think that a coach that has never won a title can get a vet team to buy in especially in LA.
if that's your only criteria, then none of the other candidates were going to get the vets to buy in

^Lol I can't believe you guys think that a coach that has never won a title can get a vet team to buy in especially in LA.
if that's your only criteria, then none of the other candidates were going to get the vets to buy in

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

Think about it dude we are a vet heavy team coming off two titles and you expect them to listen to Mike Brown? Hell Brian Shaw can at least say "Hey, I was in the trenches with you guys throughout the years, lets add some new things and turn it around." What can Mike Brown say? "Hey Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Bynum I made it to 60 wins and made it to the finals once and got swept."

Back
Top Bottom