[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by tyisny

I by no means said this is a good move, however this isnt the apocalypse of the Lakers and an end all be all to a team that has won the most championships of all time. everytime anything doesnt go right for us i gotta sit here and here a bunch of grown men act like !$$@@!@ and ramble about the teams demise.

And as blasphemous as this may be around these parts Phil had to go..... Playoff game after playoff game and important possession after important possession phil wasn't doing anything at the end of the game but giving kobe the ball in an iso and letting him shoot. Phil is a great coach but lets not act like he's the singular reason we were winning. Hell to tell you the truth i dont even think phil cared 50% of the time this season.

It's not like mike brown is a horrible coach, would adelman have been better Hell Yea, but brown brings things to the table... Guys are in here blasting this move but wanted to make shaw........ a coach who has no experience and was gonna keep the same triangle offense that got exposed through the playoffs intact

So you rather have Mr. No Offensive Set Mike Brown run the show? I seriously doubt you watch basketball homie. Dude couldn't get the Cavs out of the East what makes you think he can grab control of a vet heavy team? What can he say to motivate them? Remember Stan Van Gundy with the Heat? You're looking at that all over again.
Why are you comparing a cavs team that had Lebron James and a bunch of Role players to a laker team that is lightyears better. As far as having no offensive sets he took a team that had no offensive players other than Lebron and mo to a fianls.... He also beat the pistons in there prime, Lost to the Celtics who whipped our %#@ that year, and returned his team to two conference Finals the years after. So either Lebron is hands down the best offensive player to ever grace the game or Brown knows a little something about coaching. You dont sit under popovich for years and not learn anything about coaching.
and yes i do watch basketball instead of listening to whatever the media says i think critically. With that said i blame this last playoff sweep on phil just as much as i do on Pau, there was no way this team should have been swept!! in embarrassed by the team dallas has... and once again in another elimination game the Lakers got DEMOLISHED (see first finals vs Celtics) ...... Greatest coach ever or not phil has been outcoached several times in playoff series through the years and we forgive because at the end we one. I would think at some point phil being the coach that he is would come up with a way to stop J.J Barea...... This isnt Lebron we talkin about....... This is a barely 6 foot role player who came out every game and tore us to shreds and phil let em

I by no means said this is a good move, however this isnt the apocalypse of the Lakers and an end all be all to a team that has won the most championships of all time. everytime anything doesnt go right for us i gotta sit here and here a bunch of grown men act like !$$@@!@ and ramble about the teams demise.

And as blasphemous as this may be around these parts Phil had to go..... Playoff game after playoff game and important possession after important possession phil wasn't doing anything at the end of the game but giving kobe the ball in an iso and letting him shoot. Phil is a great coach but lets not act like he's the singular reason we were winning. Hell to tell you the truth i dont even think phil cared 50% of the time this season.

It's not like mike brown is a horrible coach, would adelman have been better Hell Yea, but brown brings things to the table... Guys are in here blasting this move but wanted to make shaw........ a coach who has no experience and was gonna keep the same triangle offense that got exposed through the playoffs intact

So you rather have Mr. No Offensive Set Mike Brown run the show? I seriously doubt you watch basketball homie. Dude couldn't get the Cavs out of the East what makes you think he can grab control of a vet heavy team? What can he say to motivate them? Remember Stan Van Gundy with the Heat? You're looking at that all over again.
Why are you comparing a cavs team that had Lebron James and a bunch of Role players to a laker team that is lightyears better. As far as having no offensive sets he took a team that had no offensive players other than Lebron and mo to a fianls.... He also beat the pistons in there prime, Lost to the Celtics who whipped our %#@ that year, and returned his team to two conference Finals the years after. So either Lebron is hands down the best offensive player to ever grace the game or Brown knows a little something about coaching. You dont sit under popovich for years and not learn anything about coaching.
and yes i do watch basketball instead of listening to whatever the media says i think critically. With that said i blame this last playoff sweep on phil just as much as i do on Pau, there was no way this team should have been swept!! in embarrassed by the team dallas has... and once again in another elimination game the Lakers got DEMOLISHED (see first finals vs Celtics) ...... Greatest coach ever or not phil has been outcoached several times in playoff series through the years and we forgive because at the end we one. I would think at some point phil being the coach that he is would come up with a way to stop J.J Barea...... This isnt Lebron we talkin about....... This is a barely 6 foot role player who came out every game and tore us to shreds and phil let em

^If not for LeBron's 48 point game against the Pistons the Cavs would have never made it to the finals that year either. JJ Barea didn't go off because of Phil it's because we have no defenders at the PG position. Mike Brown can't change that. The Cavs had a legit team to win it all, but if you know all of the teams sets it's very east to contain them. Mike Brown brings nothing to the table to gain any control of the Lakers locker room. Can you imagine the first time he tells Kobe what to do?

^If not for LeBron's 48 point game against the Pistons the Cavs would have never made it to the finals that year either. JJ Barea didn't go off because of Phil it's because we have no defenders at the PG position. Mike Brown can't change that. The Cavs had a legit team to win it all, but if you know all of the teams sets it's very east to contain them. Mike Brown brings nothing to the table to gain any control of the Lakers locker room. Can you imagine the first time he tells Kobe what to do?

In 2008- They simply were overmatched by the Celtics
2009- The Magic just had to much size for them.
2010- Lebron basically quit

None of those things directly involved Mike Brown's coaching strategy. I'm not saying he's the best strategy coach ever but who is?  Phil Jackson really wasnt, he just dealt with players really well. Sploestra isnt re-inventing Basketball strategy in Miami, neither is Carlisie and Doc Rivers didnt either. The only coaches that I can think of that have a good strategy and deal with people well are Pat Riley and Popovich.

Basically all Mike Brown has to do is get Kobe and Gasol to buy in, they rest of the team will follow. 

None of those things directly involved Mike Brown's coaching strategy. I'm not saying he's the best strategy coach ever but who is?  Phil Jackson really wasnt, he just dealt with players really well. Sploestra isnt re-inventing Basketball strategy in Miami, neither is Carlisie and Doc Rivers didnt either. The only coaches that I can think of that have a good strategy and deal with people well are Pat Riley and Popovich.

Basically all Mike Brown has to do is get Kobe and Gasol to buy in, they rest of the team will follow. 

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Perfect

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Perfect

^Lol I can't believe you guys think that a coach that has never won a title can get a vet team to buy in especially in LA.

^Lol I can't believe you guys think that a coach that has never won a title can get a vet team to buy in especially in LA.

Do you really think offense is a problem with the Lakers? Kobe, Pau, Drew, Lamar.... you think they're gonna have problems scoring? Offense is is the least of the Lakers worries. 

Do you really think offense is a problem with the Lakers? Kobe, Pau, Drew, Lamar.... you think they're gonna have problems scoring? Offense is is the least of the Lakers worries. 

Mike Brown though
eek.gif

Real talk, I DESPISE Mike D'antoni, but I rather have him coaching my squad over Mike Brown 9/10 times. At least get Adelman or promote within or some +%@%

Mike Brown though
eek.gif

Real talk, I DESPISE Mike D'antoni, but I rather have him coaching my squad over Mike Brown 9/10 times. At least get Adelman or promote within or some +%@%

So who do you suggest then Red form out the grave..... Pat from MIA..... pry Pop from the spurs??????  their are but so many coaches who have ever touched an NBA final yet alone one championships.... If a coach can show he has a legitimate plan to improve the team he will get respect 

So who do you suggest then Red form out the grave..... Pat from MIA..... pry Pop from the spurs??????  their are but so many coaches who have ever touched an NBA final yet alone one championships.... If a coach can show he has a legitimate plan to improve the team he will get respect 

CAFinest23 wrote:

Theres was only 2 guys who won a championship available this offseason. Doc Rivers and Larry Brown. Doc Rivers quickly re-signed with the Celtics and who knows if Larry Brown wants to coach again. 

So you have to go to the next tier....coaches who have got to the Finals( Mike Brown, Jeff Van Gundy and Adleman and Dunleavy) And Mike Brown is  really the only one of those guys who's had recent success

CAFinest23 wrote:

Theres was only 2 guys who won a championship available this offseason. Doc Rivers and Larry Brown. Doc Rivers quickly re-signed with the Celtics and who knows if Larry Brown wants to coach again. 

So you have to go to the next tier....coaches who have got to the Finals( Mike Brown, Jeff Van Gundy and Adleman and Dunleavy) And Mike Brown is  really the only one of those guys who's had recent success

Back
Top Bottom