[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

I hate Jim Buss
indifferent.gif

You gotta be F'n kidding me..... And we thought kobe would take bad shots with Phil. If this is true they HAVE to make trades because Brown isnt the type of guy whos gonna be able to gell a team together

You gotta be F'n kidding me..... And we thought kobe would take bad shots with Phil. If this is true they HAVE to make trades because Brown isnt the type of guy whos gonna be able to gell a team together

Alright, my priorities as listed before:

#1. Head coach
Alright, apparently the Lakers are in agreement with me in addressing this issue first. As far as execution is concerned... enh.

#2. PG
With the intelligence used to fill the head coaching vacancy, I fully expect to sign Baron Davis sometime in the next few weeks, maybe trade for him and Boobie Gibson.

#3. Shooter
If Mike Brown is the best we think we can do at coach then lets fill the shooter's role with... hell, let's pull Reggie Miller back out there. Kenny Smith, too.

#4. Bench
Need depth here so when Brown rests LeBron Kobe, we're still halfway decent. Ben Wallace available? Ira Newble? Get Shaq back in town? Anthony Parker? Maybe his sister? Hell, she's already in the city.
smokin.gif

*facepalm*

I just don't get this Mike Brown interest. I hope it's not unofficially official yet. :/

Alright, my priorities as listed before:

#1. Head coach
Alright, apparently the Lakers are in agreement with me in addressing this issue first. As far as execution is concerned... enh.

#2. PG
With the intelligence used to fill the head coaching vacancy, I fully expect to sign Baron Davis sometime in the next few weeks, maybe trade for him and Boobie Gibson.

#3. Shooter
If Mike Brown is the best we think we can do at coach then lets fill the shooter's role with... hell, let's pull Reggie Miller back out there. Kenny Smith, too.

#4. Bench
Need depth here so when Brown rests LeBron Kobe, we're still halfway decent. Ben Wallace available? Ira Newble? Get Shaq back in town? Anthony Parker? Maybe his sister? Hell, she's already in the city.
smokin.gif

*facepalm*

I just don't get this Mike Brown interest. I hope it's not unofficially official yet. :/

Wow cant believe all the Brown hate. Lakers sucked on defense this year. Lets face it. We're bringing a defensive minded guy who has had a little bit of success. The Lakers main problem is at the point guard position. If Brown can get these guys to play defense and we get a quick, young guard we'll be alright. Quit the crying.

Wow cant believe all the Brown hate. Lakers sucked on defense this year. Lets face it. We're bringing a defensive minded guy who has had a little bit of success. The Lakers main problem is at the point guard position. If Brown can get these guys to play defense and we get a quick, young guard we'll be alright. Quit the crying.

Swear to God I bet Brown says Lebron instead of Kobe during a game.  I bet money on it. 
laugh.gif

Jim Buss would be wise to never ever be in a room that I might enter.  It would end poorly for him. 

Swear to God I bet Brown says Lebron instead of Kobe during a game.  I bet money on it. 
laugh.gif

Jim Buss would be wise to never ever be in a room that I might enter.  It would end poorly for him. 

ORSRT8:
You're right. He's so accomplished, and commands respect from his players with the infinite basketball knowledge he shares.

ORSRT8:
You're right. He's so accomplished, and commands respect from his players with the infinite basketball knowledge he shares.

All I can say is LA is a completely different situation that what Brown had in Cleveland.

This is gonna work.

I like his personality, and really the other candidates weren't that much more exciting/enticing. Hopefully Brown has learned from his mistakes in Cleveland, but as I said he's coming into a completely new situation and better.

All I can say is LA is a completely different situation that what Brown had in Cleveland.

This is gonna work.

I like his personality, and really the other candidates weren't that much more exciting/enticing. Hopefully Brown has learned from his mistakes in Cleveland, but as I said he's coming into a completely new situation and better.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

ORSRT8:
66 wins with the Cavs, best record in the league... gotta mean something. Not to mention his Cavs teams beat our Lakers a few times the last couple years. And a few of those games weren't even close.
I would've like Aldeman as a first choice, but I'm not mad as this pick. Lakers needed a new voice and a new scheme regardless. They hardly ran the triangle the last few months..

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

ORSRT8:
66 wins with the Cavs, best record in the league... gotta mean something. Not to mention his Cavs teams beat our Lakers a few times the last couple years. And a few of those games weren't even close.
I would've like Aldeman as a first choice, but I'm not mad as this pick. Lakers needed a new voice and a new scheme regardless. They hardly ran the triangle the last few months..

For all those saying Brown's offense was mainly Lebron isolation...at the time it was in their best interest to hand LBJ the ball and let him create. I'm sure that they ran sets or what not but it was really just the late game execution that people are speaking of (which Lebron continues to do, he's just gotten better at lately BTW). Cleveland didn't have the nearly the same amount of offensive talent that the Lakers have, so I'm 100% belief that it won't be an iso ball offense...although we'll probably see Kobe go off and do his thing from time to time just like how he did under Phil's watch.

I just want to see MB yank Fisher from the starting lineup ASAP
laugh.gif

For all those saying Brown's offense was mainly Lebron isolation...at the time it was in their best interest to hand LBJ the ball and let him create. I'm sure that they ran sets or what not but it was really just the late game execution that people are speaking of (which Lebron continues to do, he's just gotten better at lately BTW). Cleveland didn't have the nearly the same amount of offensive talent that the Lakers have, so I'm 100% belief that it won't be an iso ball offense...although we'll probably see Kobe go off and do his thing from time to time just like how he did under Phil's watch.

I just want to see MB yank Fisher from the starting lineup ASAP
laugh.gif

66 wins means NOTHING. Just like our record this season being the same as last last seasons ment absolutely nothing.

66 wins means NOTHING. Just like our record this season being the same as last last seasons ment absolutely nothing.

I can't wait for the first time it gets thick, and he in the huddle stutterin and stammerin and the team looks at him like 
ohwell.gif
  "We'll just go figure this out ourselves" 

Cuz that's what's comin.  He ain't gonna help with ball movement, be able to run plays for Pau or Drew or get shots for anybody on the outside, it's gonna look like a rec league game out there.  I get, and understand that he will help out on D.  And that is great, so hire him to be a defensive coach then.  Not the damn head coach, the voice of reason, the calming influence, the decision maker.  He isn't worth a damn in any of those areas. 
30t6p3b.gif

I can't wait for the first time it gets thick, and he in the huddle stutterin and stammerin and the team looks at him like 
ohwell.gif
  "We'll just go figure this out ourselves" 

Cuz that's what's comin.  He ain't gonna help with ball movement, be able to run plays for Pau or Drew or get shots for anybody on the outside, it's gonna look like a rec league game out there.  I get, and understand that he will help out on D.  And that is great, so hire him to be a defensive coach then.  Not the damn head coach, the voice of reason, the calming influence, the decision maker.  He isn't worth a damn in any of those areas. 
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom