[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Appreciated what he did & brought to the Lakers during the prime of his career. Didn't like how he left LA and how he ran his mouth in Miami for 3 years.

Either way he still deserves to get his jersey retired here and Dr. Buss will do the right thing. But no way does he deserve a statue outside of Staples Center.
Come on. This guy brought the team back on the map and brought the team to four NBA Finals. I'm sure he will get a statue. The man deserves one.
Retiring his jersey is enough.
He literally burned the bridge when he left LA.

He's not getting one and you can count on that.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

This guy played 8 years in LA...didnt win anything but he got a statue
1410507673_7d702faed7_z.jpg

Shaq should get a statue
eyes.gif

Comparing Wayne Gretzky having a statue to why Shaq should get one is nonsense.

Gretzky is Hockey's greatest player ever and he had more of impact on the city LA and making the sport more popular here in LA & Socal. People identify and relate to him more. Same goes for Jerry West & Magic Johnson they had an impact on the city of LA that goes beyond what they did in their sports.

The point is just because Shaq led the Lakers to 3 championships in his time here doesn't mean he automatically mean he gets a statue outside of Staples Center. If that was the case then James Worthy, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain all should have statues outside of Staples Center also. 

Originally Posted by Kookcle

This guy played 8 years in LA...didnt win anything but he got a statue
1410507673_7d702faed7_z.jpg

Shaq should get a statue
eyes.gif

Comparing Wayne Gretzky having a statue to why Shaq should get one is nonsense.

Gretzky is Hockey's greatest player ever and he had more of impact on the city LA and making the sport more popular here in LA & Socal. People identify and relate to him more. Same goes for Jerry West & Magic Johnson they had an impact on the city of LA that goes beyond what they did in their sports.

The point is just because Shaq led the Lakers to 3 championships in his time here doesn't mean he automatically mean he gets a statue outside of Staples Center. If that was the case then James Worthy, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain all should have statues outside of Staples Center also. 

Some would argue that Mario Lemeaux as hockey's greatest...so what's your excuse on Dela Hoya getting a statue? Gretzky was dope though.

Some would argue that Mario Lemeaux as hockey's greatest...so what's your excuse on Dela Hoya getting a statue? Gretzky was dope though.

Originally Posted by shaqrules

30t6p3b.gif
x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

i HATE that guy i always say someone should steal it and sell it for scrap (dead serious)

30t6p3b.gif
x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

i HATE that guy i always say someone should steal it and sell it for scrap (dead serious)

Looks  at NT ID & avatar. Not even going to try getting into a debate with you.
I gave the guy his props & respect already even though I'm still bitter on how he left and crapped all over everyone and the stuff he said during the years he was in Miami.

The Lakers & Buss family retiring his jersey at Staples Center is more than enough respect towards him. They took the high road and did not say anything back when Shaq was running his mouth in Miami and they also showed respect through the years by not letting any other player wear #34 after he left because they planned all along to retire Shaq's jersey.

Looks  at NT ID & avatar. Not even going to try getting into a debate with you.
I gave the guy his props & respect already even though I'm still bitter on how he left and crapped all over everyone and the stuff he said during the years he was in Miami.

The Lakers & Buss family retiring his jersey at Staples Center is more than enough respect towards him. They took the high road and did not say anything back when Shaq was running his mouth in Miami and they also showed respect through the years by not letting any other player wear #34 after he left because they planned all along to retire Shaq's jersey.

I agree though out of all of the statues outside of Staples Center I don't know why and don't think Oscar De La Hoya deserves a statue.

I mean the guy lost most of the big championship fights that he fought in.

The only logic & reason I think he got a statue was because he's from East LA and won a Olympic gold medal. Also when you think about it what other great boxers has the city of LA produced locally beside Oscar?

But yeah I mean even when you talk to mexicans in or outside of LA & Socal it's a love or hate relationship on how people view Oscar De La Hoya.

I agree though out of all of the statues outside of Staples Center I don't know why and don't think Oscar De La Hoya deserves a statue.

I mean the guy lost most of the big championship fights that he fought in.

The only logic & reason I think he got a statue was because he's from East LA and won a Olympic gold medal. Also when you think about it what other great boxers has the city of LA produced locally beside Oscar?

But yeah I mean even when you talk to mexicans in or outside of LA & Socal it's a love or hate relationship on how people view Oscar De La Hoya.

Didn't he have something going with LA Live or something? I remember reading something about that, and that's why he got a statue?

Didn't he have something going with LA Live or something? I remember reading something about that, and that's why he got a statue?

Shaq still brought the franchise back to life and also brought the excitement/Championships back after showtime.
I mean look at how long it took Boston Celtics and the Chicago Bulls to get back to championship form. 

The point is just because Shaq led the Lakers to 3 championships in his time here doesn't mean he automatically mean he gets a statue outside of Staples Center. If that was the case then James Worthy, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain all should have statues outside of Staples Center also

I dont see why not. Have a monument park just like the Yankees

If that NFL stadium doesnt happen then build a park full of statues right next to staples
laugh.gif

Shaq still brought the franchise back to life and also brought the excitement/Championships back after showtime.
I mean look at how long it took Boston Celtics and the Chicago Bulls to get back to championship form. 

The point is just because Shaq led the Lakers to 3 championships in his time here doesn't mean he automatically mean he gets a statue outside of Staples Center. If that was the case then James Worthy, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain all should have statues outside of Staples Center also

I dont see why not. Have a monument park just like the Yankees

If that NFL stadium doesnt happen then build a park full of statues right next to staples
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by NobleKane

whats funny to me is alot of you were the same dudes clownin this guy when he was coachin lebron and the cavs and now you ridin with him
laugh.gif

what's funny is that you promised you would NEVER post in a lakers thread if they did not win the finals and they did. so why are you still here ?

because people like you couldnt keep my name out their mouth. holding online grudges. buddy get a life...

whats funny to me is alot of you were the same dudes clownin this guy when he was coachin lebron and the cavs and now you ridin with him
laugh.gif

what's funny is that you promised you would NEVER post in a lakers thread if they did not win the finals and they did. so why are you still here ?

because people like you couldnt keep my name out their mouth. holding online grudges. buddy get a life...

gretzky> all except magic

dela hoya got a statue........should be bulldozered off and replaced with the shaq statue.

dela hoya got a statue........should be bulldozered off and replaced with the shaq statue.

laugh.gif

be a man of your  word. back up what you say instead of making empty promises. but you're probably about that life so it is just another day for you. your lakers fan card is voided.

laugh.gif

be a man of your  word. back up what you say instead of making empty promises. but you're probably about that life so it is just another day for you. your lakers fan card is voided.

I share the same sentiment.  De La Hoya should be nowhere near the other legends on that main plaza.   Put him around the back of the arena. 

I share the same sentiment.  De La Hoya should be nowhere near the other legends on that main plaza.   Put him around the back of the arena. 

Back
Top Bottom