[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Brown To Tailor Offense To Lakers Frontcourt, Says Kobe's Role Will Not Change[/h3]
Jun 01, 2011 10:43 AM EDT

Brown_Mike_cle_091216.jpg

Mike Brown said Kobe Bryant will remain the focal point of the team — "This is still his team; Kobe is Kobe" — and will get the ball in his favorite spots despite the departure of Jackson's triangle offense that has served Bryant so well. Brown said the Spurs' post-oriented offense that won him his lone NBA championship ring as Gregg Popovich's assistant in 2003 will be the template for these Lakers.

Brown said his philosophy is to tailor the offensive scheme to the personnel — but "you can take your defense from team to team as long as you have effort."

Brown referred to the statistic that the winner of the Dallas-Miami NBA Finals will be the 15th champion in the past 16 years to have a defense ranked in the league's top eight.

"That's something we'll preach from Day One," he said about the Lakers needing outstanding defense.

Via Kevin Ding/Orange County Register

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/br...akers/2011/05/brown-its-still-kobes-team.html

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Brown To Tailor Offense To Lakers Frontcourt, Says Kobe's Role Will Not Change[/h3]
Jun 01, 2011 10:43 AM EDT

Brown_Mike_cle_091216.jpg

Mike Brown said Kobe Bryant will remain the focal point of the team — "This is still his team; Kobe is Kobe" — and will get the ball in his favorite spots despite the departure of Jackson's triangle offense that has served Bryant so well. Brown said the Spurs' post-oriented offense that won him his lone NBA championship ring as Gregg Popovich's assistant in 2003 will be the template for these Lakers.

Brown said his philosophy is to tailor the offensive scheme to the personnel — but "you can take your defense from team to team as long as you have effort."

Brown referred to the statistic that the winner of the Dallas-Miami NBA Finals will be the 15th champion in the past 16 years to have a defense ranked in the league's top eight.

"That's something we'll preach from Day One," he said about the Lakers needing outstanding defense.

Via Kevin Ding/Orange County Register

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/br...akers/2011/05/brown-its-still-kobes-team.html

I been thinkin on this angle for a few weeks now.  Ever since Jabar-gate. 

LA Lakers history, our MO is what?  The Center spot.  Nobody, does it like we do it. 

Mikan
Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
*lesser extent*  Pau/Bynum duo

That's who we are, that's what we do.  Our centers have carried us for decades

Now, were I to ask some people, who are the best 3 Lakers you can think of?  Do you know what the answer I would expect to be? 

West
Magic
Kobe

laugh.gif

That is freaking bizarre.  And if you all want to jump up and yell at me that I am stupid, the statues outside?  West, Magic, and we all know that Kobe one is comin. 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Wilt was only here 5 years. 
Kareem has some sort of issue with the franchise
Shaq and us parted ways coldly. 

West is beloved. 
Magic was given part ownership
Kobe we shall see how he goes away, but I expect him to be fine given after his contract he'll be at 18 years a Laker. 
sick.gif
smokin.gif

Bigs have been our staple forever, and yet lookin thru it all, it's 3 guards that carry the love around.  And I have no friggin idea why. 
laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love Shaq, I love Kareem, Wilt and Mikan how the hell would I know? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  But just me, me personally, my favorite Lakers all time reads, Magic, Nick Van Exel, Kobe.  What the hell man? 
laugh.gif
  Where the damn centers at? 

And hell, I ain't even get to the lore that James Worthy and Byron Scott carry from the 80's.  Even those 2 get a lot of run within the org.  Worthy still works for them don't he?  And they went and brought Scott back in 96 TO PLAY just so he could be there with Kobe. 

It's just unreal to me.  That Center lineage, and the 3 most popular Lakers all are guards. 

And in a couple years, after Shaq and Kobe get their laundry up high, that list.......

13  Wilt
22  Baylor
24  Kobe
25 Goodrich
32  Magic
33  Kareem
34  Shaq
42  Worthy
44  West

God damn. 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

I been thinkin on this angle for a few weeks now.  Ever since Jabar-gate. 

LA Lakers history, our MO is what?  The Center spot.  Nobody, does it like we do it. 

Mikan
Wilt
Kareem
Shaq
*lesser extent*  Pau/Bynum duo

That's who we are, that's what we do.  Our centers have carried us for decades

Now, were I to ask some people, who are the best 3 Lakers you can think of?  Do you know what the answer I would expect to be? 

West
Magic
Kobe

laugh.gif

That is freaking bizarre.  And if you all want to jump up and yell at me that I am stupid, the statues outside?  West, Magic, and we all know that Kobe one is comin. 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Wilt was only here 5 years. 
Kareem has some sort of issue with the franchise
Shaq and us parted ways coldly. 

West is beloved. 
Magic was given part ownership
Kobe we shall see how he goes away, but I expect him to be fine given after his contract he'll be at 18 years a Laker. 
sick.gif
smokin.gif

Bigs have been our staple forever, and yet lookin thru it all, it's 3 guards that carry the love around.  And I have no friggin idea why. 
laugh.gif

Don't get me wrong, I love Shaq, I love Kareem, Wilt and Mikan how the hell would I know? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  But just me, me personally, my favorite Lakers all time reads, Magic, Nick Van Exel, Kobe.  What the hell man? 
laugh.gif
  Where the damn centers at? 

And hell, I ain't even get to the lore that James Worthy and Byron Scott carry from the 80's.  Even those 2 get a lot of run within the org.  Worthy still works for them don't he?  And they went and brought Scott back in 96 TO PLAY just so he could be there with Kobe. 

It's just unreal to me.  That Center lineage, and the 3 most popular Lakers all are guards. 

And in a couple years, after Shaq and Kobe get their laundry up high, that list.......

13  Wilt
22  Baylor
24  Kobe
25 Goodrich
32  Magic
33  Kareem
34  Shaq
42  Worthy
44  West

God damn. 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

whats funny to me is alot of you were the same dudes clownin this guy when he was coachin lebron and the cavs and now you ridin with him
laugh.gif

what's funny is that you promised you would NEVER post in a lakers thread if they did not win the finals and they did. so why are you still here ?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

whats funny to me is alot of you were the same dudes clownin this guy when he was coachin lebron and the cavs and now you ridin with him
laugh.gif

what's funny is that you promised you would NEVER post in a lakers thread if they did not win the finals and they did. so why are you still here ?

^What's that supposed to mean?………if he can be effective play him, if not then don't. It's that easy, its not like he's making a whole lot

^What's that supposed to mean?………if he can be effective play him, if not then don't. It's that easy, its not like he's making a whole lot

Appreciated what he did & brought to the Lakers during the prime of his career. Didn't like how he left LA and how he ran his mouth in Miami for 3 years.

Either way he still deserves to get his jersey retired here and Dr. Buss will do the right thing. But no way does he deserve a statue outside of Staples Center.

Appreciated what he did & brought to the Lakers during the prime of his career. Didn't like how he left LA and how he ran his mouth in Miami for 3 years.

Either way he still deserves to get his jersey retired here and Dr. Buss will do the right thing. But no way does he deserve a statue outside of Staples Center.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Come on. This guy brought the team back on the map and brought the team to four NBA Finals. I'm sure he will get a statue. The man deserves one.

Come on. This guy brought the team back on the map and brought the team to four NBA Finals. I'm sure he will get a statue. The man deserves one.

CP,

I hear what you saying and my theory on that is, Guards/swingmen in general are "easier on the eyes" than big men.

Their game is more aesthetically more appealing so to speak, coz they control the ball alot and more "creative" with the ball, thus we are all drawn to them one way or another. And let's face it, majority of the general population would be "guards" rather than bigs hence we pay more attention to guards.

I dunno if this clearly illustrates what i mean but think about successful sneaker lines.....MJ, Penny, Kobe, Bron, even VC and AI to an extent...what's the common denominator? They're all guards/wings. What's the best selling big men line? CB34s, Kemp's brief Kamikaze line perhaps?, Shaq's brief Reebok's?

I think i'm going all over the place but get my drift here?
laugh.gif

CP,

I hear what you saying and my theory on that is, Guards/swingmen in general are "easier on the eyes" than big men.

Their game is more aesthetically more appealing so to speak, coz they control the ball alot and more "creative" with the ball, thus we are all drawn to them one way or another. And let's face it, majority of the general population would be "guards" rather than bigs hence we pay more attention to guards.

I dunno if this clearly illustrates what i mean but think about successful sneaker lines.....MJ, Penny, Kobe, Bron, even VC and AI to an extent...what's the common denominator? They're all guards/wings. What's the best selling big men line? CB34s, Kemp's brief Kamikaze line perhaps?, Shaq's brief Reebok's?

I think i'm going all over the place but get my drift here?
laugh.gif

This guy played 8 years in LA...didnt win anything but he got a statue
1410507673_7d702faed7_z.jpg

Shaq should get a statue

This guy played 8 years in LA...didnt win anything but he got a statue
1410507673_7d702faed7_z.jpg

Shaq should get a statue

You can't compare the Kings franchise to the Lakers franchise. The amount of super stars we have, plus the way Shaq went out.

Hell, even Kareem doesn't have a statue.

You can't compare the Kings franchise to the Lakers franchise. The amount of super stars we have, plus the way Shaq went out.

Hell, even Kareem doesn't have a statue.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Retiring his jersey is enough.
He literally burned the bridge when he left LA.

He's not getting one and you can count on that.

Back
Top Bottom