[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

This is a 7-game series. I still got faith. We ain't going fishing.

Was the girlfriend breakup thing the real reason Pau's playing like @#$$@ as of late?
laugh.gif

It's Terez Owens so who the hell knows
laugh.gif
I can't even front like that hasn't happened to me though
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Something has always looked odd with this team throughout the course of the season and the playoffs, and boy was it odd watching LA on Wednesday night.

For one of the first times that night I could truly say that the Lakers looked old & tired. A smidgen of optimism remains, but LA has to win the 1st quarter tonight.

Was the girlfriend breakup thing the real reason Pau's playing like @#$$@ as of late?
laugh.gif
just passing along some news..

May 06, 2011. NBA fans around the world have been wondering what is wrong with NBA star Pau Gasol. Throughout the playoffs Pau's game seems to be off.

Well according to a MediaTakeOut.com snitch - it's because Pau and his LONGTIME GIRLFRIEND and FIANCE Sylvia broke up . . . and he blames a TEAMMATE for him getting DUMPED!

The insider, who is affiliated with the Lakers, told MediaTakeOut.com that Pau's girlfriend SYLVIA and a teammates wife (who will remain nameless) became good friends. And two weeks ago Pau was ROCKED by news that his girlfriend/fiance DUMPED HIM.

The snitch told MediaTakeOut.com, "Pau thinks that [TEAMMATES] wife was behind it. Sylvia didn't have many friends and he's convinced that [wife] either is behind it, or could have talked Sylvia out of it." And word is that when Pau's TEAMMATE [the husband] tried to talk to Pau about it, the two got into an ARGUMENT - with each saying some very RECKLESS THINGS about each others LADIES.

So now Pau and THIS teammate are no longer speaking to each other. And their ON COURT chemistry is definitely off.

who knows. it makes sense..

this is NOT the drama bs we need right now.

Originally Posted by Freeze

laugh.gif

May 06, 2011. NBA fans around the world have been wondering what is wrong with NBA star Pau Gasol. Throughout the playoffs Pau's game seems to be off.

Well according to a MediaTakeOut.com snitch - it's because Pau and his LONGTIME GIRLFRIEND and FIANCE Sylvia broke up . . . and he blames a TEAMMATE for him getting DUMPED!

The insider, who is affiliated with the Lakers, told MediaTakeOut.com that Pau's girlfriend SYLVIA and a teammates wife (who will remain nameless) became good friends. And two weeks ago Pau was ROCKED by news that his girlfriend/fiance DUMPED HIM.

The snitch told MediaTakeOut.com, "Pau thinks that [TEAMMATES] wife was behind it. Sylvia didn't have many friends and he's convinced that [wife] either is behind it, or could have talked Sylvia out of it." And word is that when Pau's TEAMMATE [the husband] tried to talk to Pau about it, the two got into an ARGUMENT - with each saying some very RECKLESS THINGS about each others LADIES.

So now Pau and THIS teammate are no longer speaking to each other. And their ON COURT chemistry is definitely off.

damn if it's true. frigging girls cant wait till the playoffs over .

I'm worried about what this series is going to do to our team fatigue wise, but I got faith it isn't gonna end like this. @%## the mavs, Kobe aint goin out like that...

--Around 7:30 tonight the panic button should be availble to us.
--This game will be over by halftime. The Mavs are gonna run the Lakers out of the building.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Around 7:30 tonight the panic button should be availble to us.
--This game will be over by halftime. The Mavs are gonna run the Lakers out of the building.
I know this is your "thing" and all...

but your doom and gloom act is getting pretty tired and lame.

In a situation like this... we need to rally together for this win and you're OD killing the mood in this thread.

It's obviously not working if you're into that superstition thing so maybe it's time to stop, Champ.

No beef, I'm just being real.

Originally Posted by thejrob

I'm worried about what this series is going to do to our team fatigue wise, but I got faith it isn't gonna end like this. @%## the mavs, Kobe aint goin out like that...
Fatigue isn't going to matter if there's no next round. We have to give everything we got games 3 and 4 and pick up the pieces for the rest of the series.

We'll worry about fatigue in the WCF when we get there.

My prediction

Lakers win Game 3
Lakers win a close Game 4

Series 2-2

Lakers win Game 5
Mavs win Game 6

Lakers win Game 7

You can take this to the bank

...the road to 3-peat continues

With that whole Gasol situation, now I'm starting to wonder, did Bynum throw a little jab by bringing up the word "trust" as a double innuendo? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I chuckled reading this @#$%. 
laugh.gif

Kobe Bryant is ...
Dave McMenamin, ESPN Los Angeles: ... toying with his legacy. He already has two Finals losses offsetting those five rings of his, and a second-round flameout of this magnitude, with everything set up for the Lakers to three-peat, will always be remembered when you assess his career.

Dirk Nowitzki is ...
Dave McMenamin, ESPN Los Angeles: ... cementing his legacy, as is Jason Kidd.

How the @#$% a dude with 5 rings, and 7 trips to the finals, messin up his legacy IF he loses a second round series, while 2 dudes that never won a $%+#%%$@++$$ thing win a single series and they "cementing" theirs? 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
This Dave dude gotta be an NTer.  What the hell kind of logic is that? 

Originally Posted by CP1708

I chuckled reading this @#$%. 
laugh.gif

Kobe Bryant is ...
Dave McMenamin, ESPN Los Angeles: ... toying with his legacy. He already has two Finals losses offsetting those five rings of his, and a second-round flameout of this magnitude, with everything set up for the Lakers to three-peat, will always be remembered when you assess his career.

Dirk Nowitzki is ...
Dave McMenamin, ESPN Los Angeles: ... cementing his legacy, as is Jason Kidd.

How the @#$% a dude with 5 rings, and 7 trips to the finals, messin up his legacy IF he loses a second round series, while 2 dudes that never won a $%+#%%$@++$$ thing win a single series and they "cementing" theirs? 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
This Dave dude gotta be an NTer.  What the hell kind of logic is that? 

That's because the "MJ comparisons" are strong within. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Freeze

laugh.gif

the other teammate has to be kobe bryant or lamar odom...

both them dudes wives seem like %%+ holes

with kobe speaking up on bynum's comment im inclined to think it was vanessa...

LOL it definitely sounds like something Vanessa would do. But
30t6p3b.gif
@ Pau letting it get to him at this point in the season and to this magnitude. I would think he would play mad, but sadly he's turned into more of a wus than he already is naturally.

Anyway Shannon Brown is getting the starting job, which could only mean bad things tonight? Horrible rotations on D and stupid jumpers. I'm going to have the scotch by my side tonight at 930.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

30t6p3b.gif
@ Pau letting it get to him at this point in the season and to this magnitude. I would think he would play mad, but sadly he's turned into more of a wus than he already is naturally.

Anyway Shannon Brown is getting the starting job, which could only mean bad things tonight? Horrible rotations on D and stupid jumpers. I'm going to have the scotch by my side tonight at 930.
Odom told reporters at practice, that he expects to start today.   We'll see. 

Lookin like Lamar is going to play the 2 moreso, and Kobe the 3.  With that logic, Kobe is "supposed" to attack more.  (ie, drive to the hoop)

Bad part about that is, Lamar and Fish on the perimeter, if their shots are falling, great, if not, that paint is going to get very full and won't be any room for anybody. 

Defensively, with that length, I swear we should go to a damn zone, even though Phil hates it, with basically 3 7 footers and Kobe and Fish, they should try it in stretches to throw Dallas off at least.  Whole point of all of this is to get Dallas out of their rhythm.  Calm the crowd down, etc etc. 

Then you can run triangle and normal D later in the game as a normal rotation and what not. 

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

30t6p3b.gif

Oh you and Vanessa went to high school together?
Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Im not doing doom and gloom. Im just facing reality.

Its getting kinda old tho

Back
Top Bottom