[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

kvsm23vs24 wrote:
Kobe should play at LEAST 40 44 mins next game

Fixed. Theres no reason why he needs more than 2 minutes per half at this point. Desperate times call for desperate measures. If Phil stubbornly sticks Kobe on the bench till the 6 or 7 minute mark of the 2nd quarter next game...I will honestly feel like turning off the tv. I cannot stress how frustrating it will be if he gives Kobe anything less than 44 minutes.
We need him on the court, even if not for scoring...just the attention he receives alone on the court opens EVERYTHING up. We cannot win without him on the court.

Yep, the game 1 rest Phil gave Kobe was a big reason we lost. Having Shannon out there for 7 minutes?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

I agree with a lot of what you posted tyisny. We were in everyone of those games and we were playing horrible. Had we made at least a couple of those 3's we could of easily won...

they arent BETTER than us...they are just playing better. Theres a difference. We can do this.

That's what I've been saying. We just need to win game 3 and then the mavericks have the pressure put on them to win game 4.

yep ron ron got the day off. he better be in the gym working on getin his rythym for the first series back.

Guess Barnes will be starting, I would like to see more Trey Johnson and less Shannon/Blake and no reason on earth Kobe should be under the 40 minute mark next game unless we blow the Mavs out.

They don't look tired to me, they are just playing like %!*%. These guys have played less minutes this year than any of the previous four so I don't want to hear any excuses, they need to just man the hell up and get this done. They'll be plenty of time to rest when the lockout happens.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Ron suspended.. Blessing in disguise?

Maybe.  
They really need to help each other on defense.  I don't see how hard it is to communicate? 

I sorta agree on putting someone else in there like Trey Johnson. 

"Be careful what you write," Kobe Bryant said, knowing full well that I and the rest of the media pack walking through the Staples Center corridor were about to type the Lakers' death notice as soon as we returned to the Chick Hearn Press Room.

"Be careful what you write," Bryant repeated. He added an admonition for my ESPN.com colleague. "You too, Stein."

I told Bryant that the Lakers don't have the energy.

"True," he said.

And if you don't have energy, then the schemes or the intent or the pride don't matter.

"True," he said.

There's no way he was leaving it at that. I tried to draw more out of him.

"But?"

"But," he replied with a smile. "But. Dot-dot-dot. "

let's gooooo. i need the lakeshow to show some fire, to show some hunger. i kno they can do it, just waiting. I think this weekend, we'll see some flames.
theres a reason we're a storied franchise...I dont't think we're over just yet. there's 1 or 2 chapters left to be written. i'm excited for what's to come.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Guess Barnes will be starting, I would like to see more Trey Johnson and less Shannon/Blake and no reason on earth Kobe should be under the 40 minute mark next game unless we blow the Mavs out.

They don't look tired to me, they are just playing like %!*%. These guys have played less minutes this year than any of the previous four so I don't want to hear any excuses, they need to just man the hell up and get this done. They'll be plenty of time to rest when the lockout happens.

I agree with everything you said in that 1st statement

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

we're going to have to make some history or we'll be history.

win or lose though, i still love my lakers!
pimp.gif

Agreed. 
pimp.gif

But damnit this series isnt over! If there's one team that would potentially choke it's the Mavs, and if there's one team that could find a way to make this happen its the Lakers. And I truly do not feel biased in the least bit with that opinion.. Is it going to be easy, or should we expect Dallas to just falter? Hell no. But if there's one thing I've learned it's not to count the Lakers/Kobe out.

I was watching SportsCenter last night (I hate watching it after a Lakers loss in the Playoffs, dudes go SUPER ham on the Lakers
laugh.gif
) but correct me if I'm wrong, they were saying this is only the 3rd time the Lakers have been down 0-2 in a series? 
eek.gif
 I was wondering why this feeling of 0-2 felt so odd. 

It's time for the real Lakeshow fans to stand up and support this team. Until that final buzzer goes off with the Lakers trailing in the game, I've got faith in us. Im gona bet a nice chunk of change on the game tomorrow, I do not see the Lakers going down 0-3, hey they potentially could lose the series obviously but no way in hell are they going down 0-3.. and if they do I deserve to lose that money.

Where you at Laker Nation??

bb226ca57dcfea5cc98622140229cceffa01f4c6_r.gif

Uh oh, it's over now..............

a5bd8a1874b8c6eae843ac51bfc0ff16fcbb7aa6_wmeg_00001.jpg

Fish and Kobe fed up with this dude 
laugh.gif

I agree with ska and trading Gasol for Dwight. I don't care if they will clog the paint at least you know they will do something out there instead of being depressed over getting dumped.

I still think the lakers can get this EVEN IF WE ONLY WIN 1 GAME IN DALLAS the next 2 games.

If they win 1 game then the series would come back to staples for game 5 and I don't think we will miss every 3 pointer and free throw again. We are due for some fluke shots
30t6p3b.gif

series would be 3-2 going back to dallas for game 6 and dallas would have to win game 6 or they lose the series in game 7. So the pressure would be on them.

I am not losing faith until we lose the 4th game.

OH AND THIS IS WHY GASOL IS INEFFECTIVE AGAINST GUYS HIS OWN SIZE

Gasol+makes+a+splash+aHGvkRRUarJl.jpg

His body is pathetic for a professional player getting 20 mil a year. I've seen 12 year olds with better developed bodies.

HIT THE GYM GASOL
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

pimp.gif

Agreed. 
pimp.gif

But damnit this series isnt over! If there's one team that would potentially choke it's the Mavs, and if there's one team that could find a way to make this happen its the Lakers. And I truly do not feel biased in the least bit with that opinion.. Is it going to be easy, or should we expect Dallas to just falter? Hell no. But if there's one thing I've learned it's not to count the Lakers/Kobe out.

I was watching SportsCenter last night (I hate watching it after a Lakers loss in the Playoffs, dudes go SUPER ham on the Lakers
laugh.gif
) but correct me if I'm wrong, they were saying this is only the 3rd time the Lakers have been down 0-2 in a series? 
eek.gif

It's time for the real Lakeshow fans to stand up and support this team. Until that final buzzer goes off with the Lakers trailing in the game, I've got faith in us. Im gona bet a nice chunk of change on the game tomorrow, I do not see the Lakers going down 0-3, hey they potentially could lose the series obviously but no way in hell are they going down 0-3.. and if they do I deserve to lose that money.

laugh.gif

QFT!

i saw that pic on their fb page. c'mon lakers! lets rally laker nation!

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

pimp.gif

Agreed. 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif

laugh.gif

QFT!

i saw that pic on their fb page. c'mon lakers! lets rally laker nation!

LETS #%!@$%@ GO!!!!! LAKERS!!!!!! I CANT WAIT FOR FRIDAY WE NEED TO COME OUT AND DESTROY THEM IN THE FIRST!

knight, you keep beating the same dead horse on Gasol. He's been in the league for what, 10 years?

He's not going to gain girth, he is what he is, either accept it or don't.

Why in the hell would the Magic want a 31 year old Pau Gasol who's under contract for the next 3 years? Only way we're getting D12 is if we give up Drew AND D12 forces ORL to move him here. Let's wait until the offseason though (for our sake let's hope it's not for another month or so) to throw out these scenarios.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Why in the hell would the Magic want a 31 year old Pau Gasol who's under contract for the next 3 years? Only way we're getting D12 is if we give up Drew AND D12 forces ORL to move him here. Let's wait until the offseason though (for our sake let's hope it's not for another month or so) to throw out these scenarios.

Lakers fans are very ridiculous with trade scenarios, so no thanks.  
laugh.gif

"Jerry West statue + Luke Walton for Dwight Howard".  
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
 im sorry why are we talking about trading pau in the middle of the playoffs?! yeah hes playing like crap but by acquiring him we became championship contenders overnight! yes, its what have you done for me lately and all what he did in 09, 10 doesnt matter now cause its a new year. but i still would trade bynum over pau for dwight.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

knight, you keep beating the same dead horse on Gasol. He's been in the league for what, 10 years?

He's not going to gain girth, he is what he is, either accept it or don't.
I know. He is soft and will always be soft. He has not improved his game or body since he came into the league but he has not been boooed in a nationally televised game like that either.
Maybe that will make him improve his game or body in the offseason.

Originally Posted by knightngale

His body is pathetic for a professional player getting 20 mil a year. I've seen 12 year olds with better developed bodies.

HIT THE GYM GASOL
indifferent.gif
i think he saw your post

e4b4a946455c35645742fa9.jpg

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom