[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

laugh.gif
 @ him curling 20's like thats gonna help him beast friday night. My 11 year old cousin can curl more. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DTruth07

No Artest means more Luke Walton means we're screwed! 
30t6p3b.gif

lakers will win next game since artest out and luke in. no one could compare with his IQ and passing ability. Luke is the X factor of this series. we should have played him since game 1. Damn

FrenchBlue23 wrote:
Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Why in the hell would the Magic want a 31 year old Pau Gasol who's under contract for the next 3 years? Only way we're getting D12 is if we give up Drew AND D12 forces ORL to move him here. Let's wait until the offseason though (for our sake let's hope it's not for another month or so) to throw out these scenarios.

Lakers fans are very ridiculous with trade scenarios, so no thanks.  
laugh.gif

"Jerry West statue + Luke Walton for Dwight Howard".  
30t6p3b.gif

Not everybody, some of us have gone into great thought, effort, and detail on this trade. 
wink.gif
pimp.gif

And guys, there is a reason why we deal Bynum for Dwight, and not Pau.  Knee. 

Simple.  Getting Dwight and then having Bynum shred his knee 15 ways would make us a little better than Orlando.  We don't want, a little better than Orlando.  We want it all. 

Pau may be "soft" but he won't need to be hard if Dwight is patrolling the paint for us.  Pau can play off that and be effective.  Pau is also the more natural fit at PF, Bynum is not. 

But yes, this is getting ahead of ourselves a lil bit, we still have much work to do.  We need to get game 3.  It has to happen.  Let Dirk do work all he wants, let him go for 50 if he wants, as long as we shut everyone else down, maybe we could run Dirk down a little late in the game.  Hang tough, and then make a run late to finish it.  
No Ron means more Kobe at the 3, they have to use either Blake or Shannon at the 2, hopefully one of them gets going.  Barnes will see a few extra minutes as well of course. 

We can get game 3.  Won't be easy, but we can do it. 

Anyway, I'm still glad that Bynum stepped up and said something. That's the most passion I've seen so far from the Lakers.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by knightngale

His body is pathetic for a professional player getting 20 mil a year. I've seen 12 year olds with better developed bodies.

HIT THE GYM GASOL
indifferent.gif
i think he saw your post

e4b4a946455c35645742fa9.jpg

laugh.gif

Dudes curling some 15's tryin' to stay toned 
laugh.gif

Luke played well against Boston when Artest was playing like $#@%, yall remember?

Have some faith.

I got some faith on Gasol as well, been ripping this dude, but I got some faith.

Gasol is feeling the pressure, just go out there and play basketball please.

I'm willing to bet we wont shoot that bad from the 3 point line again smh.

I know everyone on the Lakers is watching the news and hearing all this talk that we're done, it's gotta be good for something.

Every time i think about the game tomorrow i feel an adrenaline rush, i pray that Gasol feels that knowing if we lose tomorrow we are done.

Lakers in 7... The team and Phil rally together to beat these guys. We play better defense and shut down dirks supporting cast we'll be fine.

tomorrow night can't get here soon enough. the laker game tomorrow will effect my mood for the begining of the weekend to say the least. we all vented and let frustration out last night and today, but let's chill with the "end of an era" talk for now.

win tomorrow and it's a whole new series, with all due respect to dallas, the american airlines center isn't boston garden in the 80's, it's a place you could win 2 of the next 3 games at or hell even all 3, but it starts with 1 game.

either way, i'll give the back to back champs some benifit of the doubt and hope they get things done tomorrow.

1. Really wish we had signed Mike Miller
2. We desperately need a PG that can actually defend. I almost broke my phone seeing JJ Barea singlehandedly put the game out of reach last night. God I hate that !**%+!.
3. I can't believe anybody criticizing Bynum for what he said (I haven't read through here all the way, but some people on LG are hating on him). He might be young but he actually plays with effort and goes all out every time he hits the floor. He also plays with a high IQ and doesn't settle for low percentage iso shots, and he actually gets post position unlike Pau. If everybody else on the team approached the game the same way Drew did, we'd be up 2-0 right now. If he didn't have an injury history I would be completely in favor of shipping Pau out of here right after this series. Like Artest said, I don't want any "part time soldiers." He can say whatever he wants about his effort, but you can see the difference in his effort/level of involvement just from watching game to game.

I posted this in the Lakers Hater thread and could use some more perspective.... 
Could you guys please explain to me why my friends is a Lakers fan AND a fricking Kings fan?!?!?!?!?!?
I've asked em, and all he ever responds with is "What can ya do?" And I don't even bother answering because I know I will end up going off on him and his fanhood and will probably ruin our friendship over this
laugh.gif

Personally, I think he is insecure. This guy "cheats" at everything, literally and figuratively. 

If its video games, he will find a way to cheat and exploit a way to win.

If its any sort of a competition, he will find a way to cheat.

If its just talking about movies and whatnot, he always tries to find a way to one up me.

He is a One-Upper.

So my theory is that, since he is from Sac, and he's always claimed to innocently be a Lakers fan since the day he figured out what sports was, but deep down I feel like he has to cheer for a winner, or in essence, "cheat" out his fanhood into cheering for a sure shot. I know somewhere in his fan-heart he is truly Kings fan and not a Lakers fan, all he ever tries to talk to me about is the Kings; and I tell him off and just flip it on him and ask how the Lakers are doing
laugh.gif
shuts him up real quick. Yet he has to put on this facade or this superficial appearance of being a "die-hard Lakers fan" in order to cover his insecurities of wanting to win, or in this case cheating himself into rooting for a winner. Like he is truly a Kings fan, but needs this "security blanket" of cheering for the Lakers to cover himself with a proven winner.

It just makes no sense to me and I personally find it almost disrespectful as a Kings fan
laugh.gif
 I almost feel that this is a sign of his character
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

or am I just overthinking this and taking it too far? 

The interesting thing is that he is a level-headed type of Lakers fan. Not the type that I hate on. So this guy just conflicts me alot. And I just want some other opinions, especially from you Lakers fans. 

Thanks

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

--All the positiveness in this thread.
--I want some of what all y'all are smokin.
C'mon Darth...many of us were way out of line with our emotions last night, mostly because of how badly we played.
What's wrong with a little bit of faith and positivity to brighten up our spirits? It ain't over yet. 
pimp.gif

I seriously wish i can just simulate this series to find out who wins already, my heart can take this crap
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

--All the positiveness in this thread.
--I want some of what all y'all are smokin.

Darth just being Darth
laugh.gif

If you all don't know how he rolls on here then you will never get him.

This is a 7-game series. I still got faith. We ain't going fishing.

Was the girlfriend breakup thing the real reason Pau's playing like @#$$@ as of late?
laugh.gif

maybe im just overthinking or think too much when i got free time on my hands but the situation of this series kinda reminds me of a baseball playoff series from 10 years ago the way it's played out so far.

it kinda reminds me of the yankees vs a's 2001 divisonal series. those yankees were 3 time defending champs and in that 2001 season it looked like teams in the AL were starting to catch up them and they lost the first 2 games at home to an A's team that was very talented but known for it's playoff choke jobs.

they went to oakland, derek jeter made one of the most memorable plays and won a close game 3, they won game 4 convincingly and finished the series off back at home.

i hope this series has a similar outcome the rest of the way through.

Back
Top Bottom