[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

yeah, kobe went off in the final minutes of the 4th when the game was already out of reach. we'll be fine. the lakers are just wanting the playoffs to start already. props to the warriors, they played well. too shorts short performance was nice though last night, didnt get a chance to get my phone out to film it. i just couldnt stand a lot of us laker fans getting salty over a regular season loss against the warriors last night. let them celebrate for crying out loud.

did they try giving you a hard time after the loss?
laugh.gif
  I agree that the Warriors fan should enjoy that victory, but its the fact that some Warriors fan go out their way to rub a W in that makes it annoying. I respect plenty of Warriors fans that I know, but there are a whole bunch that I just scratch my head about. They go out their ways to bash on every thing that goes wrong about the Lakers, but when you hit them with a few things about the Warriors,they're very quick to get mad.

of course but i've kinda got used to it. i was gracious in defeat. i shook a lot of their hands and gave them a congrats, no biggie. every fanbase has their share of clowns. i have my reasons of why i hate the warriors and ive been up here since the mid 90s. i've been to plenty of games when the lakers visit town, it will always be like this. i honestly think a lot of the warrior fans at the games take it a bit personal due to the fact a socal team gets so much love up here. but to be honest, i am though a bit disappointed on the warrior fans i respect here on NT, they're basically giving me a hard time after i sincerely congratulated them.
tired.gif
 granted, i've gotten into it with them a tons of times but i still respect them for sticking with their team. it is what it is. do you live in the bay, diesel?
Yeah I stay out here in the bay and raised. I admit I love the Bay Area, but when it comes to basketball I'm all about the Lakers. I guess that's what happens when you grow up with no cable and the only basketball channel you have is NBC on Sundays and they're showcasing the Lakers majority of the time. I remember my first time visiting LA, I wanted to visit the Staples Center before I even thought about Disney Land.
laugh.gif
I've always respected Warriors fan and I know a couple of the Warriors thread personally and grew up with them. The thing that stung me about the Warriors was probably during the "We Believe" era when it seems like everyone was on board with them. I saw Warriors fans that I never knew watched basketball come out the woods. Another instance was just how they reacted last season during the Finals when they swear they were Celtics fans before and just bad-mouthing the Lakers all over. But like all teams, when they succeed everyone jumps onto them. Ex: San Francisco Giants last season. My facebook blew up during the World Series with people I never knew that were into baseball, swearing to their moms that they have been a Giants die-hard since day 1.
laugh.gif

I think most Warriors fans are just salty at how the Lakers get the love down here in Nor Cal. Is it frustrating for them? Of course it is. It's just a shame that they get blinded by the real fans and the fans that claim Kobe is God.. All in all when Warriors fans get mad and try to start things with me I just shoot them with the "Its not my fault you guys drafted Todd Fuller instead of Kobe Bryant."

did they try giving you a hard time after the loss?
laugh.gif
  I agree that the Warriors fan should enjoy that victory, but its the fact that some Warriors fan go out their way to rub a W in that makes it annoying. I respect plenty of Warriors fans that I know, but there are a whole bunch that I just scratch my head about. They go out their ways to bash on every thing that goes wrong about the Lakers, but when you hit them with a few things about the Warriors,they're very quick to get mad.

of course but i've kinda got used to it. i was gracious in defeat. i shook a lot of their hands and gave them a congrats, no biggie. every fanbase has their share of clowns. i have my reasons of why i hate the warriors and ive been up here since the mid 90s. i've been to plenty of games when the lakers visit town, it will always be like this. i honestly think a lot of the warrior fans at the games take it a bit personal due to the fact a socal team gets so much love up here. but to be honest, i am though a bit disappointed on the warrior fans i respect here on NT, they're basically giving me a hard time after i sincerely congratulated them.
tired.gif
 granted, i've gotten into it with them a tons of times but i still respect them for sticking with their team. it is what it is. do you live in the bay, diesel?
Yeah I stay out here in the bay and raised. I admit I love the Bay Area, but when it comes to basketball I'm all about the Lakers. I guess that's what happens when you grow up with no cable and the only basketball channel you have is NBC on Sundays and they're showcasing the Lakers majority of the time. I remember my first time visiting LA, I wanted to visit the Staples Center before I even thought about Disney Land.
laugh.gif
I've always respected Warriors fan and I know a couple of the Warriors thread personally and grew up with them. The thing that stung me about the Warriors was probably during the "We Believe" era when it seems like everyone was on board with them. I saw Warriors fans that I never knew watched basketball come out the woods. Another instance was just how they reacted last season during the Finals when they swear they were Celtics fans before and just bad-mouthing the Lakers all over. But like all teams, when they succeed everyone jumps onto them. Ex: San Francisco Giants last season. My facebook blew up during the World Series with people I never knew that were into baseball, swearing to their moms that they have been a Giants die-hard since day 1.
laugh.gif

I think most Warriors fans are just salty at how the Lakers get the love down here in Nor Cal. Is it frustrating for them? Of course it is. It's just a shame that they get blinded by the real fans and the fans that claim Kobe is God.. All in all when Warriors fans get mad and try to start things with me I just shoot them with the "Its not my fault you guys drafted Todd Fuller instead of Kobe Bryant."

i understand your pain bro! but i give them the benefit of a doubt that every successful team has their share of bandwagons and its no different with the warrior fans in 2007 and giants last year. as a dodger fan, i couldnt stand these giants fans who came out but yet they cant even name their manager.
sick.gif
 same for the warriors too. but it it what is. i think norcal just hates socal. a lot socal heads can really care less of this norcal/socal thing. warrior fans can celebrate all they want and gloat but they deserve it.   

Who else ordered a tee from elusion clothing?

Still haven't received a confirmation on shipping (going on 6 days).

not quite worried......we dont need HCA vs SA to beat them.

I would prefer HCA vs the eastern teams tho. Flying 3 times potentially is not a good look. HC was so crucial last year vs Boston, and even tho they're struggling now, we still would need it.

Same with MIA and CHI if they get to the finals. Not that we couldnt beat them there, but we're not making it any easier on ourselves.

Originally Posted by SBCollector

That's how they are for the past yrs bdis

The Lakers big front will show up & it will be kobe time

laugh.gif
 No i was talking about Fans ..

Originally Posted by bright nikes

same here. Ordered april 1st

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Originally Posted by SBCollector

That's how they are for the past yrs bdis

The Lakers big front will show up & it will be kobe time

laugh.gif
 No i was talking about Fans ..
I was confused for a second and then I scrolled up and I saw....
laugh.gif

I think the spurs will be taken out in the second round by either denver or the thunder. I would not worry about the bulls and their home court in the finals. 

Originally Posted by presequel

not quite worried......we dont need HCA vs SA to beat them.

I would prefer HCA vs the eastern teams tho. Flying 3 times potentially is not a good look. HC was so crucial last year vs Boston, and even tho they're struggling now, we still would need it.

Same with MIA and CHI if they get to the finals. Not that we couldnt beat them there, but we're not making it any easier on ourselves.
the way i see it is this,  honestly after the loss to utah, i conceded any hope of catching chicago.   my thing is this, i could live with the situation they have now which is no home court in a potential series against san antonio and in a potential series against chicago.    what's unacceptable however is to let home court in a potential series against boston or miami slip away as a result of the actions of the next 4 games.

if they hold up and keep home court over miami and boston, i think it ensures home court for the finals because i don't see chicago coming out the east this year, and i really don't see home court being that huge of a factor for the lakers in a series against san antonio that they should win.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Originally Posted by bright nikes

same here. Ordered april 1st

Have you tried contacting them?I emailed and tried calling the # from the paypal. Nada.

Anyone else think Denver might "Upset" the Thunder? Seems like maybe they're too worried about us, but who knows. That'll be an underrated series.

Hopefully they don't pull a Charlotte Bobcats from last year, beat all the good teams during the regular season than choke in the playoffs. Different record of course.

Tons of playoff storylines in Lakers-Blazers

Ah, the last weekend of the NBA season, where lottery-bound teams will get a little more liberal in resting key players and meaningless games verge into defense-less chaos. Things just get a little funky at this time of year; Jordan Crawford might take 30 shots in a game this weekend. 

And so I present to you a nominee for the season’s strangest game so far, at least in terms of bizarre playoff implications: Friday’s game between the Lakers and Blazers in Portland. The Lakers are nearly locked into the No. 2 seed, meaning they will face the No. 7 seed in the first round. As of Friday morning, the Hornets (45-33) inhabit the No. 7 spot, just a half-game behind the Blazers (46-33). A few of the more candid Lakers told Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Times that the team would prefer to avoid Portland in the first round. That makes sense, considering the Lakers’ recent history in Portland, where they had lost nine straight games before a tough win in February. 

The Lakers have one easy way to increase Portland’s odds of snagging the No. 6 seed: by losing. No team is ever going to acknowledge tanking, and the Lakers are healthy and set to play their normal rotations. But don’t be shocked if the minutes distribution between starters and bench players looks a bit different than usual. 

But wait! The Lakers in some respects have a lot at stake. They’ve lost three straight, prompting some angry words from Andrew Bynum and Kobe Bryant. And the Lakers hold a slim one-game edge over the Celtics and Heat, two possible Finals opponents. 

There’s also this: Regardless of what happens in Portland tonight, the Hornets will earn the sixth seed if they win their final four games, since New Orleans owns tie-breakers over Portland and Memphis. And three of those four games are very winnable — home games against Phoenix (tonight) and Utah, and the season finale against the Mavs, who will rest their guys if they are locked into the No. 3 seed by then. 

That leaves one toughie: An important road game in Memphis on Sunday. And the Grizzlies bring yet another complication into Friday’s calculus, since they are the second team those anonymous Laker players admitted they’d like to avoid; one of those players even told Medina the Grizzlies would be L.A.’s toughest possible first-round opponent. The Grizz still play the Hornets and Blazers once each, and they can clinch the tie-breaker over Portland by beating the Blazers on Tuesday. In other words: The Grizzlies are still very much in the conversation for the sixth and seventh seeds, the latter of which would mean a matchup with the Lakers that is probably something neither team really wants. 

And just for fun, the Lakers and Blazers will know the results of tonight’s Hornets and Grizzlies games by the time they hit halftime in Portland. 

There are so many moving parts here, many of which the Lakers and Blazers cannot control. Perhaps the best course of action for the Lakers is to play hard, refine some stuff that needs refining, hope for a win and cross their fingers the basketball gods will smile upon their effort. Either way, the Lakers are too good to let their anxiety about a first-round opponent determine their effort level and game-planning. Umm … right?

Link

i think well lose to POR but win against OKC n SA its how the lakers usually work. i would like a W tho i hate when they lose. besides isnt POR our 1st rd matchup right now.

It would be the Hornets as of right now, but it could change later tonight. If the Lakers beat the Blazers and the Hornets beat the Suns, then the Blazers would drop down to 7. Can't forget the Grizzlies either, they're only a half game back of the 7 seed.

Anyone scoop up tickets in the pre-sale? I got %%@@#! tickets in 329
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
W/E i'll be there for Game 1.

DAMN it's expensive this year:

[table][tr][td]2010-11 Ticket Prices [/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]Select Game[sup]2[/sup]
Ticket Prices
[/td][td]Premium Game[sup]4[/sup]
Ticket Prices
[/td][td]1st Round
Ticket Prices
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]$15[/td][td]$50[/td][td]$30[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]$37[/td][td]$80[/td][td]$70[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]$50[/td][td]$95[/td][td]$85[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]$95[/td][td]$180[/td][td]$140[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]$120[/td][td]$230[/td][td]$190[/td][/tr][tr][td] Premier Seats[/td][td]$160[/td][td]$295[/td][td]$220[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]$160[/td][td]$295[/td][td]$220[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]$225[/td][td]$350[/td][td]$310[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td][td]$270[/td][td]$450[/td][td]$350[/td][/tr][/table]
1011arenamap650.jpg

Back
Top Bottom