[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Lakers are too predictable. Wouldn't be surprised if the lost to the blazers too. #2 seed is still ours though.

Looks like some of you are getting what you wanted, the Lakers are slumping heading into the playoffs 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Freeze

Damn..

Who didn't think wen Kobe got hot with 2min left that the warriors were in trouble tho...

Smh that we lost tho. I hate wen we lose. With a passion. Even if these games don't necessarily change anything.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Freeze wrote:

Damn..

Who didn't think wen Kobe got hot with 2min left that the warriors were in trouble tho...

Smh that we lost tho. I hate wen we lose. With a passion. Even if these games don't necessarily change anything.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You're not seriously in the Laker thread right now? I know that's not a Heat fan after LeBron missed a game tying FREE THROW.

bdis is one of the cool ones man, no harm no foul. 

4 Warriors played 42 minutes or more. 

Bynum leads LA with 35. 
pimp.gif

Anyone remember what Phil said before the game?  They were going to rest the starters no matter what.  Now that don't mean we should lose, not at all, but he was not going to force a vet team on a back to back for no reason.  We ain't gettin the 1, we shouldn't fall to the 3, nothing to gain.  Yes, it would be nice to gain ground on Miami or Boston, but not at the expense of someone getting hurt. 

Now Pau, I think he was taking the rest just a little too literal. 
laugh.gif
  I mean, at least a little effort please.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Freeze wrote:

Damn..

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

You're not seriously in the Laker thread right now? I know that's not a Heat fan after LeBron missed a game tying FREE THROW.

Had a chance to tie the game u guys didnt have one at all ..

lol the comment was a shot @ freeze I dislike the little prick ...
laugh.gif
 all in good fun 

edit -
sick.gif

Tough game.
Blazers are the wrong team to play against goin in with a three-game losing streak.

And its in Portland 
sick.gif

Im confident theyll be fine in the playoffs though. 

Oh and Matt Barnes is appreciated 
nerd.gif

Especially compared to the probable alternative, Puke 
sick.gif
mad.gif

And credit is due to Steph Curry and Monta Ellis. What a backcourt 
eek.gif

Damn son lol bdis I been giving yall peace lately too..whatever.

See u in the Fin...nvm.

"When".

Didn't get to catch the game... but from what I'm reading on here... I don't think I'd want to watch it anymore.
frown.gif

on to the Blazers in Portland.
sick.gif

That game was 
sick.gif
I find myself falling into the mentality that the players have though, at least it seems like they do. Let's just get this over with and start the playoffs.

While there may not be a lot to gain at this point, I thought that some of the lackadaisical play we saw against DEN on Sunday would have lessened some at this point but these guys appeared to have gone into a deeper offensive funk.

Can't remember the exact number, but in the first half Bynum got a defensive rebound and either got his pass tipped or taken away on more than one occasion. Silly TOs like those and the one Lamar had inbounding the ball on Sunday are discouraging but I'll attribute that to late season boredom and hope that none of that will occur in the postseason. Defense has to be/remain top notch in order to combat some of your woes on the offensive end however. The PG play last night
sick.gif

the offense is really bad right now...90, 85, 87 points last three games

but on the other had our defense has been good since the All Star Break so I'm really hopeful for the playoffs.  When's the last time we allowed 100 points?  seems like forever

the Lakers will figure out their offensive troubles and once they do that it's curtains.

i just dont get how you guys feel we're in trouble.  before sunday we were 17-1. thats huge.  had we not had lost sunday i believe we would still be winning, but since we did, and san an won, there was absolutley no chance of catching them, so we're able to pull off the gas somewhat, without losing our seeding.  besides its not like we're getting blown out guys, these are all winnable games, they just know they dont necessarily mean anything anymore. besides denver, these other teams aint even hittin the post...why waste energy on them.  kobe took off 3 qtrs last nite, then spazzed in the 4th somewhat, just to let them know if he really wanted to, they couldnt +!#% wit him.  we'll be fine yall. now is not the time to be frivilous with energy and minutes.  lets keep everybody healthy.  it'll be the first time we go into the post with our whole lineup at 100 or very near it.  I'm excited.

ahhh yall got me on my CP %+%@ lol.

Just have to make sure we stay ahead of Miami and Boston. We actually hold the tie breaker vs Boston (which is good to know). However, we all know Miami hold the tie breaker vs us.

Really not worried at all during this 3 game losing streak.

Warriors last night were due for a win against us. Heck the Lakers had won 12 straight against them going into last night.

Jazz also were just the hungrier team looking to end their own 8 game losing streak.

Nuggets last Sunday were hot and were on a 5 game winning streak when they beat us.

A couple things I've been noticing is that Pau ever since Bynum got healthier and started beasting on the boards has gotten hella soft and just settles for the mid range jumpers. Heck even when he posts up with his back to the basket he catches it then spins around for a contested face up jumper with the defender on him.

I really just can't wait for the playoffs to start already. Hornets in the 1st round won't be a problem at all. That series should be a sweep but I can see the Lakers getting lazy and dropping 1 game.

2nd round I'd love to see us play and kill the Mavs. But I really see the Blazers taking out the Mavs in the 1st round this year. A 2nd round match up with Blazers will be a tough & long series.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Really not worried at all during this 3 game losing streak.

Warriors last night were due for a win against us. Heck the Lakers had won 12 straight against them going into last night.

Jazz also were just the hungrier team looking to end their own 8 game losing streak.

Nuggets last Sunday were hot and were on a 5 game winning streak when they beat us.

A couple things I've been noticing is that Pau ever since Bynum got healthier and started beasting on the boards has gotten hella soft and just settles for the mid range jumpers. Heck even when he posts up with his back to the basket he catches it then spins around for a contested face up jumper with the defender on him.

I really just can't wait for the playoffs to start already. Hornets in the 1st round won't be a problem at all. That series should be a sweep but I can see the Lakers getting lazy and dropping 1 game.

2nd round I'd love to see us play and kill the Mavs. But I really see the Blazers taking out the Mavs in the 1st round this year. A 2nd round match up with Blazers will be a tough & long series.
We actually play the Blazers if it started today. Hornets are 6th.

i aint worried, even tho i hate when we lose. i feel this is deja vu with how things went before the ASG. i think they are bored after playin 17-1 ball for 2 months they jus got focused on the playoffs more. like yall said kobe went ham in the 4th. anyways hopefully phil will say something in the media in the next few days to get the team pumped for this last stretch (at least beat SA n OKC) so we can show how things really are.

Originally Posted by MOE FAB UAFA

i aint worried, even tho i hate when we lose. i feel this is deja vu with how things went before the ASG. i think they are bored after playin 17-1 ball for 2 months they jus got focused on the playoffs more. like yall said kobe went ham in the 4th. anyways hopefully phil will say something in the media in the next few days to get the team pumped for this last stretch (at least beat SA n OKC) so we can show how things really are.
yeah, kobe went off in the final minutes of the 4th when the game was already out of reach. we'll be fine. the lakers are just wanting the playoffs to start already. props to the warriors, they played well. too shorts short performance was nice though last night, didnt get a chance to get my phone out to film it. i just couldnt stand a lot of us laker fans getting salty over a regular season loss against the warriors last night. let them celebrate for crying out loud.

Phil sat Kobe too long last night, but then again maybe that was the plan. He came in very late into the fourth, would of liked to see him play another 2 minutes or so since Shannon was doing absolutely nothing like usual.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

yeah, kobe went off in the final minutes of the 4th when the game was already out of reach. we'll be fine. the lakers are just wanting the playoffs to start already. props to the warriors, they played well. too shorts short performance was nice though last night, didnt get a chance to get my phone out to film it. i just couldnt stand a lot of us laker fans getting salty over a regular season loss against the warriors last night. let them celebrate for crying out loud.

did they try giving you a hard time after the loss?
laugh.gif
  I agree that the Warriors fan should enjoy that victory, but its the fact that some Warriors fan go out their way to rub a W in that makes it annoying. I respect plenty of Warriors fans that I know, but there are a whole bunch that I just scratch my head about. They go out their ways to bash on every thing that goes wrong about the Lakers, but when you hit them with a few things about the Warriors,they're very quick to get mad.

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

did they try giving you a hard time after the loss?
laugh.gif
  I agree that the Warriors fan should enjoy that victory, but its the fact that some Warriors fan go out their way to rub a W in that makes it annoying. I respect plenty of Warriors fans that I know, but there are a whole bunch that I just scratch my head about. They go out their ways to bash on every thing that goes wrong about the Lakers, but when you hit them with a few things about the Warriors,they're very quick to get mad.

of course but i've kinda got used to it. i was gracious in defeat. i shook a lot of their hands and gave them a congrats, no biggie. every fanbase has their share of clowns. i have my reasons of why i hate the warriors and ive been up here since the mid 90s. i've been to plenty of games when the lakers visit town, it will always be like this. i honestly think a lot of the warrior fans at the games take it a bit personal due to the fact a socal team gets so much love up here. but to be honest, i am though a bit disappointed on the warrior fans i respect here on NT, they're basically giving me a hard time after i sincerely congratulated them.
tired.gif
 granted, i've gotten into it with them a tons of times but i still respect them for sticking with their team. it is what it is. do you live in the bay, diesel?

Back
Top Bottom