[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Alotta quotables in here.... Can't wait till it matters most.
pimp.gif

Preach brother! A lot of dudes in here are VERY quick to call out dudes like they're suppose to be perfect.
laugh.gif

One week: "Trade Fisher, he's horrible"

Next week: "What did I tell you, DFISH IS CLUTCH!"

........................................................................................................................

One week: "LO playing like ODUMB AGAIN!"

Next week: "Odom is the only consistent player this season"

........................................................................................................................

One week: "Pau playing with no balls"

Next week: "See... that's why we need to feed Pau the ball!"

One week: "Where hell is Blake? Why the hell did we sign him?"

Next week: "Blake bailed us out this game... this guy is a great pick up!"

One week: "TRADE BYNUM FOR MELO!!!!!!! DO IT MITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Next week: "I love how this guy is proving us wrong, i'm glad we kept him!"

One week: "What the hell is Phil doing? Call a time out! Geeezz you suppose to be a Zen Master"

Next week: "PHILLLLL!!!! He's the lord of the rings! He knows what he's doing!"

One week: "I hate Kobe, I don't like his game, veteran and still can't adjust his game, he ruins everything, he's old, pass the ball, he lost us the game"

Next week: "BLACK MAMBA, THERE GOES THAT MAN, KOBE IS CLUTCH, CAN'T STOP HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Saved the best for last.....

One week: "Lakers are not winning this year, we lost 2 in a row... that never happened before, we need to start building and trade our superstars while they still have value... PANIC!!!!!!"

Next week: "LAKERZZZZZZ ALL DAY!!! That's right, 3 peat here we come!!! PURPLE AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Y'all need to the shut the hell up. Quit your job at ESPN guys!

You saved me from having to do that again later, thank you. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Not that it matters so much, but I remember reading somewhere that this will be Kobe's last low top signature shoe... Don't know if it's 100% true.

Either way, players sprain ankles high tops or low tops, if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen.

Although I do believe that as many people wearing lows get sprains as people wearing hightops, I would think that the extent of the injury may vary... Kobe really bent that foot bad, I wonder if he had a Higher cut shoe, if the foot would've bent as much.... idk most of the studies ive seen only suggest people wearing hightops have as many sprains as people wearing lows... it doesn't really talk about the extent of the injury

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Hi guys! Been a real long time. I've been real busy with work and school and just wanted to stop by and check in with the Fam!

*waves*

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, damn BN, where da hell you been? 
laugh.gif

How you all gon leave me in this thread during these regular season ups and downs that everybody stress over? 

Get the hell back on the clock 
laugh.gif

Night Marcher01 wrote:

Preach brother! A lot of dudes in here are VERY quick to call out dudes like they're suppose to be perfect.
laugh.gif

One week: "Trade Fisher, he's horrible"

Next week: "What did I tell you, DFISH IS CLUTCH!"

One week: "LO playing like ODUMB AGAIN!"

Next week: "Odom is the only consistent player this season"

One week: "Pau playing with no balls"

Next week: "See... that's why we need to feed Pau the ball!"

One week: "Where hell is Blake? Why the hell did we sign him?"

Next week: "Blake bailed us out this game... this guy is a great pick up!"

One week: "TRADE BYNUM FOR MELO!!!!!!! DO IT MITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Next week: "I love how this guy is proving us wrong, i'm glad we kept him!"

One week: "What the hell is Phil doing? Call a time out! Geeezz you suppose to be a Zen Master"

Next week: "PHILLLLL!!!! He's the lord of the rings! He knows what he's doing!"

One week: "I hate Kobe, I don't like his game, veteran and still can't adjust his game, he ruins everything, he's old, pass the ball, he lost us the game"

Next week: "BLACK MAMBA, THERE GOES THAT MAN, KOBE IS CLUTCH, CAN'T STOP HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Saved the best for last.....

One week: "Lakers are not winning this year, we lost 2 in a row... that never happened before, we need to start building and trade our superstars while they still have value... PANIC!!!!!!"

Next week: "LAKERZZZZZZ ALL DAY!!! That's right, 3 peat here we come!!! PURPLE AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Y'all need to the shut the hell up. Quit your job at ESPN guys!

QFT! you got it night
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

we can complain about kobe but we live and die with our MVP. you take the good and you gotta take the bad. same goes for our other guys pau, odom and etc.
kb8 and bright! sup fams
pimp.gif

I hope Kobe sits out tonight and gets rest

On a side note, I am a huge Kobe fan, have been his whole career and I always defend him
But as he gets older, I really wish he would take less shots like Pierce, Allen and KG have done and get more shots for Gasol, Bynum and Odom.

He doesn't seem to realize that using his teammates more will prolong his career and keep him more fresh for the playoffs.

But I guess that's just who he is and that's what makes him the competitive beast that he is.

There are 2 problems with that collection of quotes up there. See, there are people who say the criticisms represented in the 'One week' parts of the quotes, but they are seldom the same people saying the praises contained in the 'Next week' parts of that collection.

That's the first problem.

Second problem? That collection of quotes up there came in response to people *****ing about Kobe... again.

Well, there is no inconsistency with Kobe's critics; it's been the same thing, year after year, winning or losing.

Pass. The damn. BALL. There have been hundreds of jokes about how the only triangle he runs is a one sided triangle. Artest even joked last year about that big 3 he hit in the Finals "Kobe passed me the ball. Kobe never passes me the ball!"

It's no secret. Even the observation that his biggest asset (his fierce competitiveness) also fuels his biggest deficit ("going Kobe on 'em", as people say to describe others who are chucking like no other).

I'm not saying that if we sub him for freaking Mike Penberthy or Chase Buddinger, we'd be fine. But through the years, if we would have had any of the others superstars instead of him, we would have been just as successful, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

But through the years, if we would have had any of the others superstars instead of him, we would have been just as successful, in my opinion.
i disagree. his defense and him being clutch was the advantage of kobe back in the early 2000s. yes, we've all been frustrated with him but at the same time he has delievered when it counts. we live and die with kobe as our superstar. i've been frustrated with shaq, magic, kareem also but they've brought us championships so it cant be mad at them forever
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

There's just too much complaining on here like if we had lost 9 out of 10 games when that isn't the case.

Keep the hate on our best player down untill he loses us games that actually matter...in which case if anything he lost us 1 out of 10.

MJ had plenty of games where he shot terribly from the field and took questionable shots, only reason people don't remember them is because he won and those are things that go out the window when you're a winner.

I bring up MJ because of him and Kobe being similiar, has nothing to do with whose better so lets not get into that argument.

Kobe will be Kobe once it hits playoff time, and that means alot of of people coming in here and saying "KOBE
eek.gif
"

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

But through the years, if we would have had any of the others superstars instead of him, we would have been just as successful, in my opinion.
i disagree. his defense and him being clutch was the advantage of kobe back in the early 2000s. yes, we've all been frustrated with him but at the same time he has delievered when it counts. we live and die with kobe as our superstar. i've been frustrated with shaq, magic, kareem also but they've brought us championships so it cant be mad at them forever
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Quoted for the Damn Truth!

Saying we would have been successful if we had any other superstar is like XPOCALYPTO saying LeBron's imaginary rings >>> Kobe's actual rings.
laugh.gif

I'm not going to make an MJ comparison, and won't bring him up except for that one mention.

I'll just say this: at this stage in his career, Kobe shouldn't still have the same problem he had coming into the league.

When he's a chucker and forcing shots, the team wins despite him, not because of him.

When he's great, the team wins because of him, not despite him.

And if somewhere along the way, he had learned to take a different approach during the games that fit in that purple line above, he would be UNDISPUTABLY included in the talks about being the greatest ever, because then his current resume, as filthy as it is, would be even BETTER.

I fully believe that.

Kobe, in the zone, is unstoppable. Kobe, struggling to find the zone but determined that this game will still be one of top 3 all time, is very stoppable.

I'll just say this: at this stage in his career, Kobe shouldn't still have the same problem he had coming into the league.

i think his problem coming into the league was he didnt care for his teammates and alienated himself from there. his mentality was showboating and pleasing the crowd. he is a chucker cause hes a scorer. every scorer is a chucker IMO.  bron, melo, wade, jordan, shaq and kareem etc. wilt was a chucker too c'mon 100 points in a game?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
 kobe's problem is that hes a scorer and needs the ball to be effective but thats what makes him great.

I think everyone in hear are making valid point...the overall consensus is that Kobe Bryant at this stage of his career still shouldn't be making those decisions to take overly difficult shots when he simply doesn't have to. And he makes those shot selections consciously because if you guys notice he doesn't go back to old Kobe ways until the end of the 4th quarter when the game is close/on the line.

You can just tell when he flips that switch to where he thinks he has to save the day instead of playing in the system and the rest of the team knows it to cuz they just start standing around and watching...its like someone shows Kobe a montage of people saying he is the best closer ever in the huddle of the final 3 min of ever close game...i mean when he is ON things go unnoticed but when he is off it looks ugly but this has been goin on for awhile...look at last years finals it took Phil to finally tell Kobe to chill out he didnt need to jave hia MJ moment for them to win...He has come a long way from his old self except when the game is on the line then that's when things get funky.

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

I think everyone in hear here are making valid point...the overall consensus is that Kobe Bryant at this stage of his career still shouldn't be making those decisions to take overly difficult shots when he simply doesn't have to.

nerd.gif
 fixed.

good points as well though bro.

the thing with kobe is that he actually works on making overly difficult shots. i've been very impressed with his work ethic. everytime i see him attempting a difficult shot, i put my head down in disappointment but yet when he makes it, i just shake my head like wow this guy is not human
laugh.gif

i think one of his main flaws is that hes too damn competitive and tries to take it to his opposition. but again his competitiveness is his greatest attribute.

The simple thing is that those shots were not falling
laugh.gif

The hell ya'll talking about? He makes the shots the last two games or half and NOBODY will be talking about it.

We should all know him by now. In Kobe we trust
pimp.gif

I don't mind when he shoots, or why he shoots, or how much, what I hate is instead of taking a nice set 18 footer, he rather take a spinning, one handed, lefty, bank shot, eyes closed, off the wrong foot, eyes closed shot. Smh. Quit puttin extras on that @#$% just take the shot and go play D. All I ask.

It shouldn't matter who the Lakers face in the first round but I really really hope the Lakers can snag the #2 seed and the Hornets fall down to #7. 

Originally Posted by PMatic

It shouldn't matter who the Lakers face in the first round but I really really hope the Lakers can snag the #2 seed and the Hornets fall down to #7. 

Why? Avoid Denver, Memphis and Portland? Lol

Originally Posted by Nermindee

kendrick perkins running his mouth lol... sounding like a salty female dog hahaha...

only thing he got right was gasol being soft.

http://eye-on-basketball....10_on_all_fb_na_txt_0001

I see he's been taking notes form KG on trying to take on international players.
laugh.gif

He calls out Pau but his ##% gets sonned by Bynum everytime they meet.

Calling out Phil though? That one, I don't get. His resume speaks for himself, you don't call out people like that. They'll put a hit on you.

Back
Top Bottom