[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Everyone's favorite Kobe hater Jason Whitlock from March 4-12 had a high school relationship with the Heat

March 4: Wade and Lebron are to Blame for Heat Mess
March 7: Boo Hoo? I'm betting it was LeBron
March 8: Heat's Pain May Be Their Long Term Gain
March 9: The Heat should fire Spoelstra Now
March 11: Kobe let the Heat off the Hook
March 12: Rejuvenated Heat team is dangerous

After the All-Star Game he said the Lakers are done, and the All Star Game was Kobe's last stand.. Lakers 9-1... Heat 4-6..

I really dislike this guy.. I like how in a span of 8 days he goes from down to up to down to up on the Heat..

Ya'll are on crack. When is the last time we praised the bench for showing up??

LO was trash last night and steve actually showed up and was not scared to shoot. Had our bench not scored when kobe went down, this would have been an L.

Can someone please tell me why Kobe wears a 5XL jersey? That +#@* pisses me off
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

When Kobe went out, Blake hit a 3, Odom w/ the and-1, Blake w/ another 3, and someone else hit a bucket... and all 4 baskets gave someone else an assist. Ball movement.

When Kobe came back, he was CHUCKING.

#jussayin

I just can't hail that man's praises. Sorry, y'all.
laugh.gif
It's been 15 years and I've tried a number of times along the way; I just can't get down w/ his brand of basketball. *shrug*

And of course Bynum had a GREAT game and was definitely a presence underneath, CP, but the issue has never been productivity; the issue is the missed time. :/
lakers probably could look like how the nuggets look like right now, no superstar, no one to take over, so it could be a different player each night that could do it. the team is playing pretty good without melo, but they were pretty good the past few years with him too.
problem is, with no superstar, no one believes they can win it all. but hey, they're playing great basketball. last team to do it without a superstar was pistons. but if you have a superstar like kobe, why would he play as if the other 4 teammates are his equal, when they're not? why have kobe in the game as if hes odom, waiting around for the pass and if it doesnt happen, oh well, at least everyone else is involved. if kobe had odoms mentality, i don't think we would be a better team, especially since we all wonder why odom doesn't try to be more aggressive every game. 

so without kobe, they're forced to play that kind of basketball. and its nice to see that ball movement, when its working. but i don't know how you can say you can't see why hes praised when hes helped get the team 5 rings and to 7 finals. how can you not get down with that?

but yeah, when we've see kobe move the ball and play within the offense, things turn out pretty well. and when he does do that, and things dont work out, he usually tries to take it over. sometimes it doesnt work, but over the course of his career, its worked out for us more often than not. the man can be the reason we win or lose, and im ok with that, given the results. 

Honestly guy, Do I have way too high of expectations or something? You can be honest...
But it seems like I was the only guy NOT impressed with Blake or Fish one bit last night...

Yeah yeah, Blake made some nice shots, made a couple dimes...but its not enough to me...

Am i crazy? 
grin.gif
 I mean i still wanna see better overall PG play, maybe im asking for too much...maybe its not possible when Kobes in the game since he's usually in control of the ball...

ahh i dont know 
ohwell.gif

I just want better...it was nice to see Blake make some shots, but one game doesnt impress me. Dudes been stealing checks this season in my opinion. 

But anywhoo...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Caerus

Why is KObe taking heat for working out after the Heat loss? Smh
Because Phil told him to get on the bus and get ready for the next game and he decided to shoot for 2 hours or w/e. Phil told him he was going to burn too much energy and wouldn't have his jumper against Dallas. Kobe told him he was wrong.

I wonder what Kobe thinks now...

people talking about when kobe went down, there was ball movement and all that.. just because steve blake made a couple of 3's in a row?
did people forget when he got injured, it was at the normal time he usually sits for his last break?
steve blake always get those shots and most of the time, he misses them, but last night since he made it, we start talking about
how kobe starts chucking up shots .. wow

this bench was due for a good game because the last 3 games, they were horrible...

I don't think it's an issue of his bball IQ; it's an issue of his arrogance/high self confidence. He knows how to play in the offense and the right plays/passes to make because we've seen him do it, but you can tell when he goes into me against the world mode. That's why I always get nervous when he has his shot going early, because he'll get on a hot streak and then later in the game if he cools off (a la vs the Heat) it costs us tremendously.

As far as Bynum goes, I've always had a high opinion of him. Remember the year we got Pau, before Bynum got injured he was averaging 13 and 10 on the year and was trending towards 20 and 10-12 when he went down. He was on the verge of becoming a great center and if not for his chronic injuries I think he'd be there now. His footwork and skills on the offensive end have always been very good, he shows a lot of patience and composure and uses his pivot foot very well. On defense his length and size alters a TON of shots; when he's healthy he can be an extremely impactful player at both ends.

He looks like he's feeling pretty good right now, let's hope it keeps up. While having Pau out there keeps his numbers down, it will help ease his work load and hopefully help keep him fresh and healthy. I honestly think a healthy Bynum and Pau are enough to keep us contenders for the next few years even if Kobe starts to decline.

7 game home stand, we need to go 6-1 @ the worst IMO, Orlando and Dallas look to be the hardest opponents, but New Orleans and Portland are fighting for playoff positioning as well.

As far as Kobe goes...you just got to take the bad with the good, he's been pissing me off the last couple games not because he's not been making shots, just the quality of shots that he's getting. I have no problem with him shooting when it's within the flow of the offense but clearly that's been lacking the last 6 quarters of basketball.

That being said we aren't winning a title without him, so hope the injury doesn't linger.

You guys need to calm down. You don't like his brand of basketball? Fine but guess what? That team wouldn't be as dangerous and/or as good without him. How many times has the bench blown a lead while he was on the bench only for him to save them once he comes back? The man has been playing the same brand of basketball for the last decade and a half and has produced 5 championships, 2 finals MVPs. Im perfectly fine with his brand of basketball if you ask me
laugh.gif

I don't hear jack %$%$ when he makes those shots and we win. I'm happy to have a player of his caliber on my team.

Now I'm not saying that he is perfect but I'm willing to accept the bad with the good because there is a lot more good than bad.

Damn reading some of these post make me realize how greedy some laker fans have gotten over the last few years.......the only change I'd make to our bench is adding a quick TRUE pg to change the pace alittle more

I remember hearing about the steve blake signing and loving it, and unlike most of you, to this day I still love the pickup....he's pure pg, having played the position inHS and still during pickup games, I can appreciate his game

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i just dont get the guy. how many years in the league? and his basketball iq is still the same if not worse than when he entered the league? come on son. you shoot 90 minutes after the game? that aint going to do $%$$. start playing like a true leader and sacrifice your shots forthe better of the  team. its not that hard man. if it wasnt for his garbage shooting and decision making they would have beat the heat. that loss would have KILLED miami. but instead he gave um new life andthey will probably start playing crazy good again. all because of his stupidity.

Yes Kobe by himself is solely responsible for rejuvenating the heat season, if they wouldve lost that game it wouldve probly resulted in them not making the playoffs altogether.
Give me a &%$#!@# break its not that serious, it was one game win or lose both teams season wouldve went on.

Your laying it on a bit too thick trying to predict the outcome of the rest of the season based on 1 game.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Alotta quotables in here.... Can't wait till it matters most.
pimp.gif

Preach brother! A lot of dudes in here are VERY quick to call out dudes like they're suppose to be perfect.
laugh.gif

One week: "Trade Fisher, he's horrible"

Next week: "What did I tell you, DFISH IS CLUTCH!"

........................................................................................................................

One week: "LO playing like ODUMB AGAIN!"

Next week: "Odom is the only consistent player this season"

........................................................................................................................

One week: "Pau playing with no balls"

Next week: "See... that's why we need to feed Pau the ball!"

One week: "Where hell is Blake? Why the hell did we sign him?"

Next week: "Blake bailed us out this game... this guy is a great pick up!"

One week: "TRADE BYNUM FOR MELO!!!!!!! DO IT MITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Next week: "I love how this guy is proving us wrong, i'm glad we kept him!"

One week: "What the hell is Phil doing? Call a time out! Geeezz you suppose to be a Zen Master"

Next week: "PHILLLLL!!!! He's the lord of the rings! He knows what he's doing!"

One week: "I hate Kobe, I don't like his game, veteran and still can't adjust his game, he ruins everything, he's old, pass the ball, he lost us the game"

Next week: "BLACK MAMBA, THERE GOES THAT MAN, KOBE IS CLUTCH, CAN'T STOP HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Saved the best for last.....

One week: "Lakers are not winning this year, we lost 2 in a row... that never happened before, we need to start building and trade our superstars while they still have value... PANIC!!!!!!"

Next week: "LAKERZZZZZZ ALL DAY!!! That's right, 3 peat here we come!!! PURPLE AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Y'all need to the shut the hell up. Quit your job at ESPN guys!

The reason most of Lakers fans are so picky and ignorant is because we're all excited to get this third championship
pimp.gif

Can't blame us
laugh.gif
. We are blessed with the best NBA team in the last 12 years and having the best SG in the game. Failure is not an option and we're greedy
smile.gif
I want the Lakers to win 5 rings in a row

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Alotta quotables in here.... Can't wait till it matters most.
pimp.gif

Preach brother! A lot of dudes in here are VERY quick to call out dudes like they're suppose to be perfect.
laugh.gif

One week: "Trade Fisher, he's horrible"

Next week: "What did I tell you, DFISH IS CLUTCH!"

One week: "LO playing like ODUMB AGAIN!"

Next week: "Odom is the only consistent player this season"

One week: "Pau playing with no balls"

Next week: "See... that's why we need to feed Pau the ball!"

One week: "Where hell is Blake? Why the hell did we sign him?"

Next week: "Blake bailed us out this game... this guy is a great pick up!"

One week: "TRADE BYNUM FOR MELO!!!!!!! DO IT MITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Next week: "I love how this guy is proving us wrong, i'm glad we kept him!"

One week: "What the hell is Phil doing? Call a time out! Geeezz you suppose to be a Zen Master"

Next week: "PHILLLLL!!!! He's the lord of the rings! He knows what he's doing!"

One week: "I hate Kobe, I don't like his game, veteran and still can't adjust his game, he ruins everything, he's old, pass the ball, he lost us the game"

Next week: "BLACK MAMBA, THERE GOES THAT MAN, KOBE IS CLUTCH, CAN'T STOP HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Saved the best for last.....

One week: "Lakers are not winning this year, we lost 2 in a row... that never happened before, we need to start building and trade our superstars while they still have value... PANIC!!!!!!"

Next week: "LAKERZZZZZZ ALL DAY!!! That's right, 3 peat here we come!!! PURPLE AND GOLD!!!!!!!!!!"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Y'all need to the shut the hell up. Quit your job at ESPN guys!

roll.gif
100000% true

^ Kob says he's ok. Phil says he's a game time decision. They said they may pull him if there's still soreness and just let him sit until fridays game. Phil said if kobe feels fine to play, he'll play, which you know he will, they're trying to get that 2nd seed and they only a half game back. I just dread the thought of him hurting it further. He should go back to a hightop shoe for this game...2k4's perhaps
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Freeze

^ Kob says he's ok. Phil says he's a game time decision. They said they may pull him if there's still soreness and just let him sit until fridays game. Phil said if kobe feels fine to play, he'll play, which you know he will, they're trying to get that 2nd seed and they only a half game back. I just dread the thought of him hurting it further. He should go back to a hightop shoe for this game...2k4's perhaps
happy.gif

QFT get the man some nice Huarache id's 
pimp.gif

Not that it matters so much, but I remember reading somewhere that this will be Kobe's last low top signature shoe... Don't know if it's 100% true.

Either way, players sprain ankles high tops or low tops, if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen.

Hi guys! Been a real long time. I've been real busy with work and school and just wanted to stop by and check in with the Fam!

Back
Top Bottom