[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Kenji is a clown, really. Always posting ridiculousness.  This new comment about Magic just shows you. 
Don't take anything he posts seriously.  

AG 47:
And Tha Block is Hot went what? Gold in 99? I don't know what you consider "shutting it down", but that's respectable for your first solo project.
First off, quantity means nothing in music anymore unless you're talking about like quintuple platinum. Justin Beiber outsold Em last year. Going by numbers, that must mean Beiber's album was better.

Nope. Just means there are a LOTTTTTTT of simple minded teeny-boppers buying his brand.

Same with Wayne.

Second, the question of whether or not 'gold' is considered shutting it down is debatable, but this isn't debatable: 1999 is NOT mid-90s.
laugh.gif
Dude appeared on tracks in the mid-90s, arrived on the scene.

What the hell is going on in here?! Even Lil Wayne gets discussed in a Lakers thread. Smh. I'll check back when things get refocused word to LAL

i grew up with the old school. NWA, tupac the d.o.c, dr. dre, ice cube, warren g, ice-t, eazy, cypress hill, snoop doggy dogg, westside connection, pharcyde, ATCQ, luniz, dogg pound and etc. so i have a strong negative view of this era's music of hip hop/rap. wayne doesn't do anything for me. the only thing wayne has ever done great is sign drake to a deal

Typical old man talk
laugh.gif
... I bet you all the old heads back in the day didn't like any of those artists back in the day for the same reason.

I'm not a huge wayne fan, but he is what he is, and he's one of the hottest rappers of this decade whether anyone likes it or not.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

AG 47:
And Tha Block is Hot went what? Gold in 99? I don't know what you consider "shutting it down", but that's respectable for your first solo project.
First off, quantity means nothing in music anymore unless you're talking about like quintuple platinum. Justin Beiber outsold Em last year. Going by numbers, that must mean Beiber's album was better.

Nope. Just means there are a LOTTTTTTT of simple minded teeny-boppers buying his brand.

Same with Wayne.

Second, the question of whether or not 'gold' is considered shutting it down is debatable, but this isn't debatable: 1999 is NOT mid-90s.
laugh.gif
Dude appeared on tracks in the mid-90s, arrived on the scene.

the problem with this new generation of listeners, they enjoy this new age garbarge of hip hop  

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

the problem with this new generation of listeners, they enjoy this new age garbarge of hip hop  
The more I hear people say this, the more I start to believe its a generation gap thing than an actual quality of music thing.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

The more I hear people say this, the more I start to believe its a generation gap thing than an actual quality of music thing.

Only problem with that is the staying power of top 90s acts like Pac and Biggie and Wu.

And people aren't listening to their albums just to take it back; they're listening because it's a good listen.

If Wayne and Ye are getting play from folks in 2021 because their albums from this era have the staying power to be a good listen well into the next era, then I'll admit I was wrong. But since the current trend is '3-4 years and out', then I doubt that will happen.

^^^ I just despise people with this back in my day mentality. The fact is people were saying the exact same things about Pac, Biggie, Wu tang, and anyone else who was popular in the 90s.

Don't get me wrong, I love old school hip hop, I'm a record producer and would like to think that I'm very knowledgeable when it comes to rap, r&b, rock, or any genre of music, But to say that these new artists don't have lasting power just because you don't necessarily like their music is foolish. Don't act like there were no wack rappers and artists when you were growing up or liked music.

There will be a number of artist that will still be relevant 10+ years from now from this generation.

laugh.gif
 How did we get on this tangent? 
Sorry, I didn't read the last couple pages. Figured it was just people overreacting to the loss and others just trying to calm them down.

Mavs tomorrow, though. Should be good.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

granted, i do like kanye and drake. their music inpires the hell out of me. aside from those guys, i have yet to see any type of meaning to some the new rappers nowadays like pac, NWA and etc. they had stories to tell that a lot of people could relate to. but i can see what you mean by the generation gap. our parents werent fans of ice cube and snoop.

^ I mentioned Wayne being overhyped, someone took exception, so on and so forth.

Just a dead air topic while waiting on the Mavs, I guess.
laugh.gif

I had some vacation hours at work I had to use by the end of the month or I'd have to eat them, so I went ahead and took tomorrow night off since the Lakers are on NBAtv, so I'm really hoping we blow them dudes out...

... and my main man Jason gets a triple double. :/

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

i grew up with the old school. NWA, tupac the d.o.c, dr. dre, ice cube, warren g, ice-t, eazy, cypress hill, snoop doggy dogg, westside connection, pharcyde, ATCQ, luniz, dogg pound and etc. so i have a strong negative view of this era's music of hip hop/rap. wayne doesn't do anything for me. the only thing wayne has ever done great is sign drake to a deal

Typical old man talk
laugh.gif
... I bet you all the old heads back in the day didn't like any of those artists back in the day for the same reason.

I'm not a huge wayne fan, but he is what he is, and he's one of the hottest rappers of this decade whether anyone likes it or not.

hip-hop was still trying to make a name for themselves at the time. for me it was something spoke to me as a youth. like f the police blew me away! i never heard anything like that till then
pimp.gif

Wu Tang Clan aint nothing to +$*@ with!!!!

Man they had so many classic albums.......i stop listening to them when method man made that deodorant commercial 
laugh.gif

It's a statement game tomorrow night.......lets go Lakers!!

cant believe they making a big deal out of Kobe shooting those Js after the loss....feel like he gonna drop sum points tonight on the mavs

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

cant believe they making a big deal out of Kobe shooting those Js after the loss....feel like he gonna drop sum points tonight on the mavs

I know, but so comes the criticism if you are a superstar in this league.   
Kobe's competitiveness gets in the way of being smart with the ball, I think his biggest advantage in that situation, is his passing ability. 

"Trust" 

ill leave it at this, 90% of todays current mainstream music is trash, it's not no age or generation gap because it's music from the 60's, 70's and what have you that is still timeless today.

if an artist makes good music i could care less what era he's from but most of todays mainstream rap that you hear on the radio regularly sucks, there's no disputing that

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

I know, but so comes the criticism if you are a superstar in this league.   
Kobe's competitiveness gets in the way of being smart with the ball, I think his biggest advantage in that situation, is his passing ability. 

"Trust" 
QFT x87653241

His drive and competitiveness are a gift and a curse, although looking at his record its been more of a gift.

Back
Top Bottom