[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by Nermindee

Originally Posted by knightngale

Kobe is shooting jumpers after the game now? dude must be pissed by his terrible performance

too bad it is useless for him to practice if the defender already knows that he will only be putting up jumpers...maybe he should start playing off screens like ray allen

Ive always wanted him to come off screens and pop... but I dont think it will ever happen cus its just not in his arsenal... he doesnt have a quick catch a shoot like allen and doesnt like rushed shots... thats my observation anyways...
I think he would be an excellent player like that. Kinda like Rip Hamilton. Hamilton relied on those midrange shots. Don't really need to pop out for 3s all the time.

I think the problem is that our point guards/guards are high school level passers. You would have to have Lamar or Gasol running the point for it to be effective.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

scaled.php

"Kobe's shirt now soaked with sweat. If he took a shower after the game, he's going to need another one & cleaning crew is in locker room."

RESPECT
pimp.gif
Too bad he didn't do this before a game because his shots were bricks Coulda shoulda woulda

=/ shame we didnt win. it happens though. lets come out strong on saturday and give dallas a good L.

Kobe in the gym hooping while everybody else is gettin cleaned up to hit south beach...do work.

I was upset we didn't win this game. I wanted 1 win against Miami in the regular season. But we went 8-1 coming out of the all star break so it isn't all that bad. Plus we lost to a Heat team that was hungry for a W. Did the refs blow the goaltending near the end of the game? Sure, but it shouldn't have even come down to that if Ron Ron could hit a lay up in the clutch. We just got to strap up against Dallas and get that game back from Orlando. 

It was discouraging to see Ron get the ball so much down the stretch, but even more discouraging to see the type of shots that he put up.

I understand feeding him the ball to ensure that the person he guards on defense has to also work on the defensive end but I thought that that would usually happen in the earlier parts of the game, not in a crucial moment. Make or miss league though and I'm only tripping because he missed the shots. What's done is done though, we all knew what to expect if we took the L and it's going on now.

Bout to go
pimp.gif

Tough games tonight guys. Don't let this lost get into our heads. I'm not going to lie I was pissed during the last 2 minutes. That Ron miss under the basket got me up from my feet.
mad.gif
I wished the Knicks were able to take care of business for the Lakers tonight, but that didn't go so well.

Another note, Kobe shooting some more after the game just shows how much he loves this game. Probably just trying to get used to the Heat court out there since he missed seven shots in a row.

Kobe really disappointed me down the stretch

turnovers, bad defense, poor flop attempt on Lebron's pick, bad shot selection

it's like he was trying to go hard at Wade cuz Wade was getting layups blowing by him

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

"Kobe's shirt now soaked with sweat. If he took a shower after the game, he's going to need another one & cleaning crew is in locker room."

RESPECT
pimp.gif
Too bad he didn't do this before a game because his shots were bricks Coulda shoulda woulda

He did though. He was in putting up shots before the team was earlier today.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

GuttaGetsBusy wrote:
%+@% you little scrub get the %+@% out the thread

Gotta give credit to the heat though for accepting the gift that LA wrapped for them

Punk *!% %#$@%!+

indifferent.gif
,The hell? I'm being a good sport instead of coming in to brag.
30t6p3b.gif
whatever.

Good game anyway.You guys are still one of the top teams in the league.

Why you mad though?
Funny how you said LA isn't 3 peating and then they shut you up with the 8 games winning streak. You got called out by Noble and now you're here trying to save face by pretending to be good sport. Great game my @!%. The ref handed you the game with all the bad calls

Did the refs hand us that xmas game too? Why would I try to save face when idgaf what you guys think since I already know how you guys feel about me? I just post good game and some encouraging words in each team thread of the team we beat after a win my dude,that's what I do. What exactly did I get called out on? my sports teams that I've been with for years? Oh I'm being called names because of it,big whoop.

Respect to LiCeNseD To BaLL,westcoastsfinest and Fearless Though,some of the cooler Laker fans on here
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
http://fearless.niketalk.yuku.com/

Reason why Kobe takes so many jumpers= He gets hammered night in and night out in the lane never gets called. I know refs dont call anything on us anymore unless they have no other choice.

It is never good to just shoot fadeaways all game long. If he shot 50% then it would be a different thing.

Anyone notice how Laker players played stupid defense giving wade the drive instead of the jumper. Lebron and Wade can't hit jumpers on a consistent basis to save their lives
and they beat us with layups.

Chris Bosh kept head faking gasol and driving the basket all game long. This is a Chris Bosh that makes 1-18 if you only make him take jumpers.

One of the worst games the lakers have played ALL YEAR. You guys will see how a decent game by any other team will result in an L for the Heat.

The lakers should post up Artest exclusively like they did today instead of bynum and they might still make the lottery
eyes.gif

Kobe wont be relying only on his jumper in the playoffs...You know...Kinda like everyone was doubting him before the playoffs started last season...You know the rest.

Tough loss. 

But it's just one of 20 of them we've had this year. 

Kobe blew the game for us in the 4th, we all know it, he knows it, but we should have put our foot even further on their neck in that third quarter.  Fisher hits that 3, we go up 6, Bynum gets a block on Bosh, our ball, just over 2 and a half minutes left in the quarter, chance to go up 8, and Fisher throws it outta bounds tryna get a layup for Pau. 
tired.gif

Bron dribbles it off his foot, gives us yet another chance to go up 8, get the ball down low, fumble it all over the paint. 
30t6p3b.gif

End result, Bron hits a shot at the 3rd quarter buzzer, go into the 4th down 2, not 8-10 like it could have been.  We go into that 4th up almost 10 with the luck they've been having, and doubt would have to start creeping into their minds.  We blew a golden opportunity.   Now, if we don't do well on Saturday, we basically lock ourselves into the 3rd seed. 

Kobe tho, we've seen him do this to us before.  He wants a specific game too much sometimes, he forces it, and we pay the price.  We needed the Kobe in Portland that took his time, fought for good mid range shots and got the job done, not fallaway 25 footers. 
sick.gif

When we got the offensive rebound with 1:45 left, tie game, we had a GREAT chance to take the lead, instead of running offense, he went one on one with Wade.  Not smart. 

Let it go, come back on Saturday and try to get "the more important" win of the 2 games.  We beat Dallas, and I won't even care about losing to the Heat.  We lose to Dallas, and that Heat game gon stick out on us later in the year, as when we lost a shot at going for the 2 seed. 

Hang in there ya'll.  Still plenty more work to be done. 

The fact that we were 1/2 game behind Dallas before tipoff could of still been 1/2 after.Dallas ended up winning, It would of been great set up to take #2 tomorrow. We still have to win tomorrow if they want HCA after 2nd round in playoffs. I have strong belief that Phil will steer us in the right direction

Tough loss.

Props to the Heat for giving it to us.

Good game. Yeah, there were some questionable calls down the stretch, but that's not why we lost. We lost because they wanted to win more than we did and they executed like it.

nowwheredamavsat?

Yep , the Heat were out there with elimination game type intensity last night..Scratching and clawing for the win.

Lakers were playing hard too but they couldnt match the desperation, great game though.....So many layups rolled around the rim in the 4th i nearly had a heart attack.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Tough loss. 

But it's just one of 20 of them we've had this year. 

Kobe blew the game for us in the 4th, we all know it, he knows it, but we should have put our foot even further on their neck in that third quarter.  Fisher hits that 3, we go up 6, Bynum gets a block on Bosh, our ball, just over 2 and a half minutes left in the quarter, chance to go up 8, and Fisher throws it outta bounds tryna get a layup for Pau. 
tired.gif

Bron dribbles it off his foot, gives us yet another chance to go up 8, get the ball down low, fumble it all over the paint. 
30t6p3b.gif

End result, Bron hits a shot at the 3rd quarter buzzer, go into the 4th down 2, not 8-10 like it could have been.  We go into that 4th up almost 10 with the luck they've been having, and doubt would have to start creeping into their minds.  We blew a golden opportunity.   Now, if we don't do well on Saturday, we basically lock ourselves into the 3rd seed. 

Kobe tho, we've seen him do this to us before.  He wants a specific game too much sometimes, he forces it, and we pay the price.  We needed the Kobe in Portland that took his time, fought for good mid range shots and got the job done, not fallaway 25 footers. 
sick.gif

When we got the offensive rebound with 1:45 left, tie game, we had a GREAT chance to take the lead, instead of running offense, he went one on one with Wade.  Not smart. 

Let it go, come back on Saturday and try to get "the more important" win of the 2 games.  We beat Dallas, and I won't even care about losing to the Heat.  We lose to Dallas, and that Heat game gon stick out on us later in the year, as when we lost a shot at going for the 2 seed. 

Hang in there ya'll.  Still plenty more work to be done. 

very well said.

It seemed to me like Kobe was trying to go hard at Wade because he was scoring on the other end.  Then he got stripped, took the bad three, and turned it over under the basket.
Those TO's you mentioned in the 3rd quarter were HUGE.

Kobe Bryant still out on the court, shooting, more than a hour after the game. Even Erik Spoelstra came out to take a look. i have a whole new respect for him right about now

Afterwards, when asked why he stayed behind shooting jumpers, he gave a very simple reply:
“I had some things to work on.

We play Dallas twice more in the season so if we want any shot at the 2nd seed we must win tomorrow cause they'll win the season series even if we end up tied at the end of the year.

I think LA will bounce back.

Back
Top Bottom