[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Yet there's also a belief in coaching circles that the Blazers began to press McMillan on accepting an extension because of their far stronger fear that the Lakers were going to pursue him as a potential replacement for Phil Jackson, who continues to insist that this season is his farewell to coaching.
Link

Yep, that's what I meant. 9 NBA Finals, 5 championships, all time leader in playoff triple doubles, Finals MVP as a rookie... one of the most overhyped acts ever.
laugh.gif

Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut the @#$% up Portland. 

What a bunch of @#$%^&*(. 

I should go DM Stein again and tell him to shut the hell up. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

One of the most overhyped acts ever shaking hands with one of the greatest ever
Yea i agree Wayne might be a hype product but you can't deny the guy is smart and know what's up. He made money off simple minded consumers. You gotta give respect. Wayne is a hustler . His grill might cost more than your house Ska
laugh.gif
. Magic is some what overrated too

KenJi714:
23ska909red02:
Drizzyd:
One of the most overhyped acts ever shaking hands with one of the greatest ever
Yea i agree Wayne might be a hype product but you can't deny the guy is smart and know what's up. He made money off simple minded consumers. You gotta give respect. Wayne is a hustler . His grill might cost more than your house Ska
laugh.gif
. Magic is some what overrated too
Making money off simple-minded consumers is exactly what Wayne has done, and that's as respectable as stealing candy from a baby, which isn't too far from being an exact parallel. Trust me, I definitely respect his come up; I just don't reall... wait, wait, wait...
KenJi714:
Magic is some what overrated too

I forgot what thread I was in at first. Now I realize this dude really said that in the Lakers season thread.
roll.gif

AG 47:
One of the most overhyped acts
Don't bring that in here. Start another thread if you want to discuss whether or not Wayne is overhyped.
Nothing wrong with a little off-topic discussion. Jesus, look at how many different things get discussed in long threads.

AG 47:
Don't bring that in here. Start another thread if you want to discuss whether or not Wayne is overhyped.
Nothing wrong with a little off-topic discussion. Jesus, look at how many different things get discussed in long threads.

*whistles to self quietly*

CP1708:
He a Laker fan though, so I don'd ged id.....
ohwell.gif
I don't keep up with who's who, but is dude a Lakers fan... or a Lakers fan because of Kobe?
Hmmm, that I don't know. 

I do know that a Laker fan sayin stuff like that about Magic may need to go the Jbone route and hand that card in.  I dunno.  

One would hope he is working on his apology right now and this explains him not coming back in as of yet.....

AG 47:

In that case, how is Wayne overrated if he's managed to stay relevant since the mid 90s?

You say it like he doesn't deserve his success...like dude hasn't been working hard in the rap game since he was 16.

I may not like every Wayne song, but I can respect that he's been putting in time. I can't call him overrated for that reason alone.

Staying relevant since the mid 90s?

So he was relevant in the mid 90s?

Word?

Not 'working hard to get his name out there' or anything... but 'relevant'.

Really?

More so with the Cash money crew when Juve and all them were killing. I still think the OG Carter was his best album, just was raw back then; a lot of his stuff now is just silly one-liners IMO.

Staying relevant since the mid 90s?

So he was relevant in the mid 90s?

Word?

Not 'working hard to get his name out there' or anything... but 'relevant'.

Really?

The Hot Boys weren't relevant? 400 Degreez wasn't relevant? They sold albums and were on tv...I think that's relevant.

That doesn't count?

You're confusing 'relevant' with 'on the rise' and 'putting your name out there'.

He was a backdrop to a number of different acts, the most relevant being Cash Money and Juvenile, and it's not like either of them were shutting anything down.

"I'm here and "I'm on the scene now" isn't the same as "I'm relevant. I matter. It ain't the same without me."

Maybe, but the point I was making is that Wayne has earned his success through the years.

I got the impression from your post that you felt his success isn't warranted. Call me reaching, but I wanted to leave that with you.

And Tha Block is Hot went what? Gold in 99? I don't know what you consider "shutting it down", but that's respectable for your first solo project.

I remember watching the Wayne Documentary and he was not happy when the Celtics were beating the Lakers in 2008. He was spitting some decent knowledge on why Phil was better than Red in terms of championships as a coach.

KenJi714 wrote:
Magic is some what overrated too

BLASPHEMY! 

indifferent.gif

(puts kenji on ignore)
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

i grew up with the old school. NWA, tupac the d.o.c, dr. dre, ice cube, warren g, ice-t, eazy, cypress hill, snoop doggy dogg, westside connection, pharcyde, ATCQ, luniz, dogg pound and etc. so i have a strong negative view of this era's music of hip hop/rap. wayne doesn't do anything for me. the only thing wayne has ever done great is sign drake to a deal.

Back
Top Bottom