[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Loss last night pissed me the hell off, I know that.

But once again, I find myself actually HOPING we meet up with the Spurs in a playoff series.

With chances to go back and study and show up against the same team the next day, the Spurs wouldn't win 2 games in a series against us.

Actually, the way recent Lakers/Spurs series have gone, winning 2 games might be too generous of me.
laugh.gif
Remember that the spurs did not have Bonner
laugh.gif

Matt Barnes makes a huge difference for this team because he prevents Walton from playing and Artest from getting too much useless playing time like yesterday.

I do not see the lakers making any trades and I don't think they need any unless you get more value in getting rid of walton and some of the other role players. We know fisher is untouchable
indifferent.gif

someone please tell phil jackson to shoot shannon brown in the head. or not play him AT ALL.

Originally Posted by knightngale

But once again, I find myself actually HOPING we meet up with the Spurs in a playoff series.

With chances to go back and study and show up against the same team the next day, the Spurs wouldn't win 2 games in a series against us.

Actually, the way recent Lakers/Spurs series have gone, winning 2 games might be too generous of me.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Matt Barnes makes a huge difference for this team because he prevents Walton from playing and Artest from getting too much useless playing time like yesterday.

I do not see the lakers making any trades and I don't think they need any unless you get more value in getting rid of walton and some of the other role players. We know fisher is untouchable
indifferent.gif

good call on matt barnes. he does the dirty work and he is very active with loose ball plus rebounding. hes the tough defensive guy who can shoot the outside 3s, gives artest that rest too.
laugh.gif
 yeah keeps walton from playing
laugh.gif

CP
pimp.gif
 you keep our threads heads cool. gotta shout out to you ska, tupac, kb8, french, bright, darth, LTB and those who usually keep their heads cool as well.

speaking of which, anyone seen kb8, tupac, bright and LTB lately?

^ I definitely don't deserve mention as far as 'keeping a cool head' is concerned.
laugh.gif

Hell, I freaked out immediately after the game last night.

"Shhhhiiiiii... somebody wanna box out?! Someone? Anyone?! Championship?
laugh.gif
Oh well, back-2-back is still nice."

That was my initial reaction.

Then I watched the game again. And the more I watched, the more I saw that we're still not playing playoff basketball. Because this isn't the playoffs.
laugh.gif
I'm not saying we're dogging it, like 'the switch' people talk about. Just saying, there were shots Pau passed up that he wouldn't if it were the playoffs, over-dribbling by Kobe to shake his man, when he would have been passed the ball in the playoffs, Bynum out of position trying to free someone else up when he normally stays REALLY close to the basket in the playoffs... things like that.

That was on the Lakers end.

Then I remembered the opponent and thought "Shhhhhiiiii... I hope we play these dudes and their 'best reg. season record' in the playoffs."

Tupac was in the game thread last night.  KB8 was laughin at me on twitter last night about Sahsa bein traded, LTB is in here and there, but I have no clue where the hell Bright been.  Haven't seen him in a grip. 

Originally Posted by knightngale

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
Not to mention Barnes is one of the few who hustles consistently.

holdenmichael and I agreed yesterday Barnes' eventual return should be the shot in the arm that helps the Lakers.

conversation between kobe and phil after he missed that 3 pointer late in the 4th quarter...

Phil : what the hell are you dong shooting that?
Kobe : i was wide open!!

for some reason this made laugh.

any news on when Theos comin back? Pau needs the rest. i wouldnt mind seeing Drew and Odom start a few games on and off

It's alright guys. An L is an L, props to the Spurs for the win. Though we could have won too.

Anyway, simple mistakes got us, also lack of focus and fundamentals.

But in all honesty, I truly believe this whole thing is bullshi*t and unfair. Just because they're the Champs, the media is nit-picking EVERYTHING.

I mean last night, I watched ESPN talked for nearly half and hour about what? Big Ben having dinner late at night.... Like really? You really need to make it that big of a deal that a QB is having dinner? And you know what, they actually made it a big deal, interviewing players and everybody about it. Those type of things actually get into players head, don't they know?

Then what? What after the Big Ben story.... What do I hear? Lakers are in trouble! BAM another 30 minute story of how the Lakers are in deep trouble.

30t6p3b.gif
Then you have interviewers actually telling the Laker players what the media/critics are saying about them. All these distractions like Artest wanting out, Bynum hurt now what, Pau is soft, Kobe is being selfish again.... blah, blah, blah, blah! JUST SHUT UP!

/vent.

With that being said. GO LAKERS!
happy.gif

thats just how it goes out here in Lakerland, you're in that microscope especially when you're the two time defending champs. you lose a couple games on national television and the media has a field day but they kiss the heck out of our butts when we go back on a winning track. well thats BSPN for ya.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

because 1.5 games back for 3rd place in league overall is pretty bad. 
laugh.gif

they were sayin this on the pregame show yesterday. 6 games back from 1st place in the league, "panic?" umm naw its not even all star weekend yet. espn has nothing better to do. 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

thats just how it goes out here in Lakerland, you're in that microscope especially when you're the two time defending champs. you lose a couple games on national television and the media has a field day but they kiss the heck out of our butts when we go back on a winning track. well thats BSPN for ya.
laugh.gif

Yeah I know bro... but I still do feel it's unfair. Because you also have Legends like West and Magic talking down on them, Mitch saying he may need to make trades... ect.

I don't know, I guess it's constructive criticism and a way to motivate the team. But hey, I say just shut up! They just went to 3 straight Finals winning 2 straight Championships... you would think people would assume they know what they're doing.
grin.gif

We all present our own ways of "keeping cool".
Tough day at work with the hater coworkers that follow bball but dont even have a team of their own. SMH

So wait...all these teams playin their hearts out and only 6 games ahead of the Lakers who are stinkin it up?
I'll take that.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

laugh.gif

Yeah I know bro... but I still do feel it's unfair. Because you also have Legends like West and Magic talking down on them, Mitch saying he may need to make trades... ect.

I don't know, I guess it's constructive criticism and a way to motivate the team. But hey, I say just shut up! They just went to 3 straight Finals winning 2 straight Championships... you would think people would assume they know what they're doing.
grin.gif
Don't know about last year championship. I admit we got a lucky break when Perkin went down . Celtics was a better team

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

laugh.gif

grin.gif
Don't know about last year championship. I admit we got a lucky break when Perkin went down . Celtics was a better team

yeah i know,  kinda like the lucky break the celtics got when bynum missed the entire 2008 nba finals and trevor ariza was nowhere near being healthy.

laugh.gif

grin.gif

Trust me bro... Rasheed was the best thing that ever happened to Boston last year! Without him, Boston would have NOT taken it to game 7.

Hell Boston probably would've been swept or lost to Cleveland! I swear, people give Perkins way to much credit than he deserves. LA won fair and square, just like how Boston won back in 08 fair and square. No excuses!  

laugh.gif

grin.gif

Are you serious? %#+! NOW.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Did you forget Kobe and Bynum were on one knee throughout the whole playoffs? How about the Celtics got a lucky break Kobe was hobbled with injuries and Bynum had a stone cold steve austin knee brace on.

Sheed played extremely well for them and he provided offense that Perkins wouldn't have. Not to mention he made Gasol shoot 6 for 16 from the field. People seem to forget how well Sheed was in that game.

I just LOL when I hear those comments from Boston fans and Doc Rivers BS "Starting five has never lost". Yea...but in 2008 when Trevor Ariza and Bynum were injured nobody gave a %+!@. Especially seeing how much of a difference Ariza was for us in the 2009 Playoffs.

laugh.gif

grin.gif
You sure you're a Lakers fan? 
eyes.gif

Aaaaw Perkins went down? They didnt have their starting 5? boohoo
NBA--Where "now we're even" happens.

hitting up the game tonight...last time it was an Easy win down in NOLA hopefully the same holds true tonight...wanna see Kobe go off tho

Back
Top Bottom