[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Damn this L is painful . Now the Spurs will probably have home court advantage smh

Season isn't over. I'll start worrying in April. Maybe the April 12 match up against the Spurs will have a meaning to who obtains home court throughout the west.

By APRIL the SPURS will lock up the 1 seed and be resting for the playoffs.

Damn this L is painful . Now the Spurs will probably have home court advantage smh

Season isn't over. I'll start worrying in April. Maybe the April 12 match up against the Spurs will have a meaning to who obtains home court throughout the west.

I doubt any trades will fall through for the Lakers this season as well.

Game was disappointing because of the last second win from the Spurs. Why wasn't Bynum in? and DAMN YOU ODOM!
mad.gif
7.5 games back with 32 games left...not likely at all.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

By APRIL the SPURS will lock up the 1 seed and be resting for the playoffs. Get real noob.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
At calling me noob. I've been on this site longer than you and with less post counts. It makes me feel a lot better knowing that all you do is sit behind a computer and post about your Spurs. Whats wrong with my assumption? AND BY JUNE THE LAKERS WILL BE CROWNED CHAMPS!

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

The Lakers won EVERY stat category except for the 3 point %

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Stat's don't always tell the whole truth. Lakers looked horrible on both ends from start to finish.

roll.gif
At calling me noob. I've been on this site longer than you and with less post counts. It makes me feel a lot better knowing that all you do is sit behind a computer and post about your Spurs. Whats wrong with my assumption? AND BY JUNE THE LAKERS WILL BE CROWNED CHAMPS!
Noob as in you don't know anything about basketball. Look at Pmatic post. That will tell you why your assumption is wrong.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Noob as in you don't know anything about basketball. Look at Pmatic post. That will tell you why your assumption is wrong.
laugh.gif

Don't you think you're being a little over confident? It's only the regular season....

What have the Spurs really done?

You realize how much of a fool you're goin to look like if the Spurs don't win the title this year?

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Don't you think you're being a little over confident? It's only the regular season....

You realize how much of a fool you're goin to look like if the Spurs don't win the title this year?

How just speaking the truth. LA has no shot at the 1 seed in the west this year. Don't see how that's me being over confident.

They are 41-8 this season on there way to lock up the 1 seed in the west before April. Would that be something?

Where have I said this team has a shot at the title? LA is the repeat champs. Just happy with the win is all.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Honestly I'm not being overconfident. I honestly feel the Lakers will land the 2 seed during playoff time. When I stated I'll starting worrying about April is if the Lakers aren't getting into their playoff shape. About the April 12th match-up against the Spurs, who knows? I wouldn't know either its just an assumption and anything can occur in sports. If the Spurs are crowned Champs in June, the kudos to the Spurs and all the Spurs fan. 

I know its only a regular season game, but losing a close one like tonight always stings

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Anything is possible. I can see where your coming from when saying my assumption is wrong but there's still a lot of basketball to be played.
Anyways good win for you guys tonight .You guys deserved it with the way Lakers couldn't even get a rebound at the end

WHAT A SHOCK! ODOM DID NOT BOX OUT AGAIN!

This is how the Lakers lost to the Pacers last year I think. This is how we lost to the suns in 2006.

Lakers showed they can hang with the spurs but that is not good enough. Will gasol start playing like a man when the playoffs start? Will Artest and fisher start contributing anything at all?

Those are the main problems and I don't know if they will be addressed by the playoffs.

Even with all those problems the team  can still beat the elite teams if they don't have all those mental breakdowns on both ends.
Those open 3s by Jefferson killed the lakers momentum EVERY SINGLE TIME that they were building any. Too many layups by Parker.

There was a period of time in the 4th when every laker posession consisted of Lamar air balling or bricking a jumper. Phil sat Pau and Kobe too long in the 4th as well.

This team will not be dominating anyone with Artest and fisher sucking #%! and gasol being soft. This means that that their execution needs to be almost flawless. They need to stop all those breakdowns on both ends and limit the careless
turnovers. I hope this loss stung them as much as it stung the fans.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--And for the record Im not panicking. Im just bein real.

no you're not, you're just being annoying. how do you know Lakers are already losing to the Celtics next week?

when i think of this team i think of the 2000-01 lakers, hell even the 2001-02 lakers after they came down to earth after their real strong start that year. the 2000-01 lakers played way worse then this team has all season long til the begining of april when they got their stuff together. they were 5th in the west as late as mid march that year and a certain team named the spurs had home court in the playoffs that year and some were labeling the lakers 2000 title as being tainted because they avoided the spurs in the playoffs that year because tim duncan got hurt. i'm not saying the same thing is going to happen this year but teams like the lakers, spurs, and even the celtics ill give the benifit of the doubt to when it comes to their regular season struggles.

I think Ron is big on Twitter. Try that AC.
2-3 on a 5-game home stand. Glad I didnt shell out hundreds of dollars to watch these bums in purple n gold play live at Staples.

Now they gotta get it done on the road.
@Hornets L..CP3 and CO. are ballin right now and will be looking for revenge.
@Grizzlies L..Gay, the younger and tougher Gasol always give Lakers a hard time.
@Celtics L..no explanation needed. C's are clearly the better, deeper team.
@Knicks W..NY has nothing in the middle and Kobe likes MSG.
@Magic W..if we hold them to less than 35% from the arc. If not,L.
@Bobcats..L..This is the eastern conference equivalent to LA playing at the Rose Garden.
@Cavaliers W..no explanation needed. This is the only pencil in W on the road trip.

The Lakers better show up after the break though.

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--And for the record Im not panicking. Im just bein real.

no you're not, you're just being annoying. how do you know Lakers are already losing to the Celtics next week?
You obviously haven't been here very long...

It's ok thought that's just Darth's thing. I had the same issue last year and got all heated
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this one hurt me to my heart. in fact the nba has been ral rough on me this last week. too many games played that started off so well and ended on sour notes. there's been no release for the stress of close games. the homies gotta get it together.

I'm just going to be content with the 2 seed b/c apparently Kobe and company are.  As good as LO is, I think Phil needs to consider closing with Bynum more often.

I think it's moreso that in 1 point games, the end can get extremely chippy, and the last thing any of us want, fans and team, is for bynum to go down with a serious injury in the last 30secs. of a game. Odom just has to turn that defense up. Which may or may not be possible. He's a real chill guy. Laid back, happy go lucky. Usually keeps a smile over a frown. That demeanor is that of an effortless scorer, but not a lockdown defender. Which is ok, but he needs to at least have some sort of defensive instincts, like when to jump, box out, etc. They all do. I thought the defense shown in the 4th was...well it wasnt horrible, but it could have been tightened up.

besides, kobe was what 5-16? imagine if he hit just two more shots..imagine if he didnt hit his hand on the backboard...i believe the lakeshow could take the spurs in a 7 game series off of their showing last night.

Blah, blah, blah, tough loss but move on.

The Lakers will play well on this road trip, I expect a 5-2 or 6-1 record with us beating Boston in Beantown like last year. Maybe that will quiet all these chicken littles down.

Not trippn, we hung in there the whole game and lost on a simple box out. Im sure Phil gonna find positives in there

in a series, Neal and Hill of the Spurs have to be matched or outplayed by Brown and Barnes...and i think that can happen

Jefferson wont be on ery game, Artest showed he still capable of having a decent game

all else cancels out im confident in Kobe, Pau ,Odom over Parker, Manu and TD....defense is the key

Back
Top Bottom